Search found more than 1311 matches

Return

Your favourite gaming steeds

I dont think i have seen a topic like this in gaming, and i was sitting reminiscing about old Mega Drive games today. It made me think about the unique animals/creatures that you get to ride on and also possibly in some cases use as a weapon or power-up. I will start by what game made me think of this:

Flintstones - Red Bird

http://www.mobygames.com/images/shots/l/33819-the-flintstones-genesis-screenshot-i-can-fly-i-can-fly-s.gif

You got this bird when it hatched from an egg on various levels, which allowed you the ability to fly. Not only that, but it was able to breathe fireballs out, killing some of the nasty enemies this game had.

Golden Axe - Blue Dragon

http://wiimedia.ign.com/wii/image/article/103/1039474/GoldenAxeInline_1256673022.jpg

This was my favourite steed quite simply because of the flame attack it had. It differed from the red dragon, which shot out individual fireballs, which were oddly a bit too inaccurate and slow to fire. Combined with the running attack, i much preferred the blue dragon over both the red dragon and also the cockatrice.

Legend of Zelda: Ocarina Of Time/ Twilight Princess

http://bulk2.destructoid.com/ul/177411-top-ten-most-wanted-announced-3ds-games/3DSOcarina-620x.jpg

She doesnt have a attack of sorts, but the speed aspect to trample enemies definitely means she can be included in the list. Since Ocarina of Time, i have loved just galloping about Hyrule on Epona. Just changed the complexity of the game for me, especially after learning her song as child Link, and then rescuing her from Lon Lon Ranch as adult Link.
Twilight Princess has almost the game effect on he when i first seen her, only more bulkier and defined (although Eiji Aonuma has never confirmed that the horse was in fact Epona.. Her presence was missed greatly in Skyward Sword, and sorry no, Loftwing aint no substitute at all. I hope we see her back in Links next adventure.

So whats your favourite steed!!
by Peter
Mon Sep 17, 2012 4:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What Song Are You Listening To Now?

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YNBatWu5WXY[/youtube]
by Peter
Sun Sep 09, 2012 6:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What Song Are You Listening To Now?

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mORD3ntZlT4[/youtube]
by Peter
Tue Sep 11, 2012 6:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Last thing you bought

Ohhhhh yes!

by Peter
Thu Sep 20, 2012 9:15 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: anyone know anything about medicine?

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fjW11wxMApM[/youtube]
by Peter
Thu Sep 20, 2012 7:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Random Thoughts! v2.0

Awesome news. Made my day! One of my favorite movies of all time, and no thats not a joke.

http://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=9318

Edit: FUCK! It gets released on the day i fly out to Oz! :evil:
by Peter
Thu Sep 20, 2012 7:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

HEATWAVE! Arrrriba! This is my island in de sun! :lol:

Never gets old. Nah, what pisses me off the most is that they actually have continued to leave the song "When love is gone" out of current releases, such as the original DVD release. I swear, it better be restored for the Blu Ray! Michael Caine is also on record that this is his most memorable role for him in all of the films he has ever been in. But if i was asked, i could not pick my all time favourite festive movie between this and Love Actually. In fact i shouldnt even try, they are just two different types of Christmas movies.
by Peter
Thu Sep 20, 2012 8:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Character guide

LAMEWAD wrote: ^ Just to clarify Peter, when you said "this one is by far the best" were you referring to the 3rd or 2nd one you posted?

The bottom book. :nice!:
by Peter
Thu Sep 20, 2012 9:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Yu Suzuki should be ashamedof himself!

:rotflmao:

Just for the lulz, im gonna leave this open a wee while :lol:
by Peter
Thu Sep 20, 2012 2:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Pete, don't you think thats a bit harsh? We all have our issues and god knows Adam has his. We're all friends and while we may piss each other off I don't think we should let things come to this. He didn't need to create another account, he broke the rules and if he keeps breaking them then its totally reasonable that you ban him but try not to make it personal by saying the kind of stuff you have. Whatever issues he has, and whatever is causing him to act the way he does he'll have to deal with it. The best thing to do is just respond to his actions without making it too much of a spectacle.

So its ok to just have this happen over and over and over again? This is a regular occurance, and its tiring. Its not harsh at all, he made an alternate account to come back and do the same things he was banned for. Not too long ago, there was a blanket ban on new members signing up because he was banned and making alternate accounts. You have been on message boards long enough not to do that and so has he, and its not just attacks on other people now its threats of self harm . Are you serious?

I am not gonna go down the road of "oohh you need to get help", or "get off the internet" because its been done before and its not happening, nor will it work. He created his own forums to get away from here and in less than a month, look what happens again. Dont you think its slightly odd that his "outbursts" are only here and not at his forums or even Hazuki Dojo? I was finished with him ages ago. I am not a friend of his. I disagree with a lot of principles he lives his life by, with number one, living a life on the internet. I am done talking about him because thats what he wants. Thats what he needs. His blue font to make him stand out.

I dont need that. Other members, old and new dont need that. Any online community doesnt need that.
by Peter
Sat Sep 22, 2012 6:42 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Just move on. Forget it guys. Move on and everything will be grand :nice!:
by Peter
Sat Sep 22, 2012 8:45 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Since Samsung are muppets when it comes to updates, i rooted and flashed ICS onto my new tablet myself, and it FUCKING ROCKS! Image
by Peter
Sat Sep 22, 2012 10:11 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Review The Last Game You Beat

I have became a huge fan of Fire Maple Games, after buying their two games The Secrets Of Grizzly Manor , and The Lost City for my smartphone. Point and Click adventure games much like Myst etc, they are both stunningly beautiful, and quite intriguing. The first release, The Secrets Of Grizzly Manor was like by a lot of fans, but given the general criticism as being too short and also a bit too easy. But apart from that, the game still was extremely well designed and also well put together, also sounding great:

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j290/PeterC2005/the-secret-of-grisly-manor_guide.jpg
http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j290/PeterC2005/the-secret-of-grisly-manor_2.jpg
http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j290/PeterC2005/grisly.jpg
http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j290/PeterC2005/reviews-grizly-manor-5.jpg

For their next game, The Lost City acted as a spiritual successor to The Secrets Of Grizzly Manor and the developers took on board the gameplay duration criticisms and expanded the size of the product, whilst retaining all of the positives from their first game, including the simplicity of the menu, item options and beautiful screens. Due to the size of the game, a map screen was also included and also a hints book in the options menu. Also added was a seasonal system, where you can change which season the games location is set in. This makes the challenge of completing the game a lot harder too, since only certain items can be used in certain places on the map during certain seasons. I would say it would last 2 hours if you sat from start to finish without a break:

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j290/PeterC2005/lc_screenshot1.jpg
http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j290/PeterC2005/lc_preview6.jpg
http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j290/PeterC2005/Lost-City-02.jpg
http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j290/PeterC2005/Lost-City-01.jpg

I love these games, and have replayed through them a few times. Despite knowing where everything goes, and how to solve every puzzle, i still find the visuals and simplicity of the game fantastic, and a fun way to kill some spare time when your bored. I was also stoked to learn that they are releasing a follow up to these, with even better visuals and a story! I have posted more about it in the Indie topic, which you can view HERE
If you have a little bit of spare coins lying around, these games are cheap as anything, and can be bought from the apps store on all devices. Trust me, buy them. You wont be disappointed! :D

The Secrets Of Grizzly Manor - 7/10
The Lost City - 8/10
by Peter
Fri Aug 17, 2012 1:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Happy Birthday Topic

Happy birthday to everyone i have missed! :oops:
by Peter
Sat Sep 22, 2012 10:26 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I cannot believe its my final day at work, and in two weeks i will be in the air on my way to Australia. Where has the year gone :shock:
by Peter
Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:59 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Thanks bud. I wanted a new one for a while now. Big thanks to Wude for sorting it out for me, and also giving me a quick tutorial on making gifs. The man is a legend :nice!:

Just in the gym, about to start my third and final set of resistence and decided to log in to see the Ryudo show had another episode. Henry has banned him for a week. Seems like even ignoring him just provoked more attention seeking. Its a shame to be honest, because he will eventually be perma banned and he may not regret that at the time, but when Shenmue HD/Shenmue III is announced, he will miss out on it and only have himself to blame.
by Peter
Fri Sep 21, 2012 3:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Member count...

Ohhhh Bertie has had a makeover since i was last on!

Ummm i know how you feel, its nowhere near as huuuuge as it was since 2004-2006, but for a forum dedicated to a game thats over 10 years old, and hasnt seen an official western release in 8, then i am pretty happy and surprised about how many people still visit and post here.
by Peter
Thu Sep 27, 2012 7:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Last Game/System/Peripheral You Bought

Sorry bud, was deep in a few matches there. Just checked, and yep he is in there for the sounders. Hes on the subs bench though, number 20. :nice!:

by Peter
Fri Sep 28, 2012 3:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: TWITTER

I stopped using it because I got bored of it and how useless it is. And fuck off with this popular bullshit and shove it right back in your ass where you got it. I don;t hate anything because popularity. You guys are fucking retards for thinking that.

Yeah because Bone thugs was never popular or Coolio or Eazy E or Metalica or pink Floyd,cyndi lauper.

Star Trek Breaking Bad, Mad Men,Ninja Turtles,Thundercats,Dexter and more

Final Fantasy,Portal,Sonic,SEGA,Dreamcast,Genesis wait I have 305 games a large portion of them are well known! OMGTF same with my DVD's. So seriously fuck off with that shit really pisses me off.

So fuck you I'm out of this topic before it gets worse but I'm tired of that disrespect

Then get out of the topic! You were given a weeks ban and within an hour of being back your getting up peoples backs again? Put it like this, you disrespect another member on here AT ALL, and your banned for good. Got it? Oh and if you are wondering what disrespecting members entails, its telling them to fuck off, shove anything up their asses or calling them retards because they disagree with you. Pure and simple.
by Peter
Fri Sep 28, 2012 4:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Few tech ????? Suggestions wanted

It is a luxury, but mines is justified by the travel aspect. I have the Samsung 7.7, and it was easily the hardest choice i have had to make in terms of hardware.... ever really. Bit a laptop is a much better choice if a tablet doesnt offer the specific services that its made for.

Again for a smartphone, Samsung all the way. The Galaxy range is amazing, and for me, trumps its main rival, iPhone in every department.

If it were me, i would combine the tablet and phone budget and go with the Galaxy sII smartphone. Its the same as the tablet etc and id say thats all you need. There is the Galaxy sIII, but i think its worse than the sII. That phone has been my life for the past year. Best phone i have ever had, and will have an sII in 5-7 years, regardless of all the new releases that come out. For todays needs, the Galaxy sII is easily the best out there. In Europe anyways.
by Peter
Sat Sep 29, 2012 6:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things That Made You Laugh Today

:lol:

USA!!! (wut?) USA!!! (lol wut?) USA!!! (stop it, your killing me! lulz)
by Peter
Mon Oct 01, 2012 5:09 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Still having trouble moving freely with my stitches, so phoned in sick to work this morning and said i wont be back in until Wednesday. Hard to believe i am almost 30 and this is the first time i ever did the monday morning sick call. Have to say it feels amazing! Dont even care i literally have never seen a worse TV show than this programme i am watching right now. I have never seen an episode of this in my life, but i have heard of it before. All i can say is, Jeremy Kyle, take a bow son. Bob Mortimer on Shooting Stars was absolutely spot on. You really are King of the Gypsies :lol:
by Peter
Mon Oct 01, 2012 5:05 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Haahaa it really is a small world. Walking down to my folks on my lunch break and seen Marcin (Yokosuka Martian) in the middle of a tour group on the Falls Road here in Belfast! Was gonna say something but didnt wanna interrupt the group so Facebooked him n see if we can get a beer later.
by Peter
Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:17 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Had a fucking fantastic night with Marcin! Drink was flowing, Irish music was going full blast..... Bet the dude will miss Beal Feirste at lot more than he thought he would!!

Plus on a side note, it was pure fucking epic to sit and talk to another bloke for a few hours about Shenmue, face to face. Never done that before in my life! An unbelievable night!!

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j290/PeterC2005/20121003_213128.jpg
by Peter
Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

His posts are under his username, Yokosuka Martian. Ya know, a normal member who makes this place a great place to post and chat, unlike some arrogant knobs that seem to dwell around here. Not naming no names or anything.
by Peter
Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Thats it man, look after the ticker, and it will look after you :nice!:
by Peter
Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

We just had copious amounts of Guinness you muppet, i dont think you can be more chilled after that! Try goin down to the local sometime and trying some, it might make you realise a few things :lol:
by Peter
Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue Music Download Topic

Agree. Zim doesnt get enough kudos for the work he has done for the Shenmue Youtube Channel
by Peter
Sun May 06, 2012 7:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Man accused of raping a duck, in Turkey

Some men cant control themselves when they come across a good looking bird.
by Peter
Thu Oct 04, 2012 5:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Yea, i took his wife and his daughter and treated them like the duck :lol:
by Peter
Thu Oct 04, 2012 6:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Man accused of raping a duck, in Turkey

http://www.hurriyetdailynews.com/man-rapes-duck-in-turkish-village-.aspx?PageID=238&NID=30133&NewsCatID=341

A man was detained in Bursa province in Turkey’s Marmara region for allegedly raping a duck, daily Habertürk reported.

Police forces detained the man following complaints from his inlaws, who claimed he had raped one of their ducks during an overnight stay in their house.

The man’s father-in-law said he found "feathers and blood" in a bed with the duck.

The duck was "unable to walk," according to the father-in-law. The man’s mother-in-law told daily Habertürk she later discovered the man’s bloody shirt by a tree the next morning.

The 50 year-old suspect denied all accusations, calling them all "slander."

The duck was found to have suffered deformation and damage to its intestines and underwent several operations. It is now reportedly in good condition and remains in a vetrenarian’s care.

by Peter
Thu Oct 04, 2012 5:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Man accused of raping a duck, in Turkey

I wonder if he used a rubber with the duckey?
by Peter
Thu Oct 04, 2012 5:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Including on top of that, when i initially thought you were from France, and when i heard the American accent, called you a Canadian. Definotely was awarded double XP for that :lol:
by Peter
Fri Oct 05, 2012 2:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The Shenmue Dojo - 10th Anniversary Video & Members Gallery

phpBB [video]
by Peter
Sun Mar 27, 2011 7:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: what can I buy online with 1.69£

Donate it to the Dojo. :nice!:
by Peter
Sat Oct 06, 2012 4:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Gaming thoughts of the day

Enough of the trolling, its went on long enough. If it keeps up, there will be warnings and 24 hour suspensions. Thats the end of it.
by Peter
Sat Oct 06, 2012 6:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: FAGGOT

Theres a London Eye in Japan :lol:
by Peter
Sat Oct 06, 2012 7:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue Excluded From Sonic Allstar Racing Transformed

I know Sumo are Shenmue fans. Saying that they dont like Shenmue is idiotic. But so is posting on a Shenmue forum after Ryo has been discovered to be cut from the game, comments like:

Ryo does not fit the criteria plus we got Joe Musashi & Vyse and the Dwarf from Golden Axe. Fuck yeah more for me. Your loss.
I swear Shenmue fans act like they are so entitled and throw a tantrum every time it does not go their way.

... really do just ask for trolling and flaming to be directed in your path? Honestly, just open an account over on the COD forums and tell them how you know more about gaming than they do. Would give us a break from your arrogance. :???:
by Peter
Sat Oct 06, 2012 11:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Gaming thoughts of the day

Have to say Red Dead Redemption is an awesome game. Found myself doing things Shenkue-esque in a sandbox game, like walking everywhere (not even galloping on a horse, but just walking along the country as day turns to night. Really getting into it!
by Peter
Sat Oct 06, 2012 3:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 50 Years of James Bond

Craig has been my favpurite Bond, but only simply because the movies are becoming more of the type of movie i enjoy more. The suave, innuendo, sometimes upper lipped Bond of yesteryear never appealed to me, and to be honest, i always viewed the Bourne trilogy as something that the Bond franchise could have been. But i know it has a huge following, and i give that its due respect, but i am just saying i prefer a less corny special agent flick.
by Peter
Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Congrats Kensuke :nice!:
by Peter
Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic