Search found 516 matches

Return

Re: Have most of the forum members dissappeared?

Been a while since i posted here but Sailors? got in touch a few weeks ago suggesting i revisit the dojo. Truth is i didn't disappear or forget about this place and i still visit regularly despite rarely posting and the main reason for this is until recently i haven't had a functioning computer/laptop, i did try to post on my iphone but it was a great and unsucessful struggle so i chose not to bother.

I was a little reluctant to make this post as i'm not one who likes the spotlight, never chose to make a topic announcing me leaving or returning here or got into situations where politics could be involved it's just not really my style. But for anyone who is interested enough to know what HL has been up to in recent times then i'll gladly get you up to speed.

This summer i graduated from university, i'm now looking for a career based job but with my current job i've just been offered a promotion which entails a few more hours but a nice little pay rise as well. I've met a lovely girl who i've now been with for 8 and a half months, she has no interest in video games but i will force her to indulge in any new Shenmue title if it were to see the light of day. Finally i've got back into playing 5-a-side football (soccer) and won the league with my team last season and are sitting 2nd in this current season.

I may start to post here a little more frequently again, no doubt if some Shenmue related news comes to surface then it'll be a catalyst for discussion.
by Hazuki Legend
Thu Aug 16, 2012 8:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: You crazy sexy SOBS What is on your minds!

Peter wrote:I do need a hug like. Ro or bromance. Either or. :cry:

by Samanosuke Akechi
Thu Aug 16, 2012 9:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Worst end to the worst day. Get absolutely slaughtered with work in my 2 jobs, the alarm didnt set in the shop at the end of the night, British Airways moved our first of 3 flights to a different time, with the new flight resulting in us not being able to make our connecting flight to Australia and are conducting an investigation, and when i get home at the end of the day to do some online work, my mobile broadband decides to stop working despite being connected and with a H strength signal. Anyone in the UK, dont go near 3. The worst network i have ever been involved with. Pissed off would be words that could sum up my mood right now.

On my mobile phone typing this, so probably just spent about £20 posting this since i have no data allowance package on my cell phone contract.

Don't worry you'll be able to work things out
http://i.imgur.com/idqdX.jpg
by Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Thu Aug 16, 2012 8:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Less Forums

Personally I prefer there to be no sub-forums. Before now, if something was in a sub-forum that just meant that I wasn't going to read it.

While I think bookmarks and subscribing to topics is a good idea I don't know if stickies should be completely done away with (which they haven't). Sometimes, I'm too lazy to log in (or can't) and I like to be able to find popular topics easily.

As for Junk, I don't care for it one way or another.

I, personally, like the changes so far. Thanks for the hard work guys :)
by Thief
Fri Aug 17, 2012 2:09 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Dojo Forum Update: Moderation Team

Good moderating choices, and a victory for Peter.

by HappyKillmore
Fri Aug 17, 2012 6:16 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue I or II (v. 2012)

It does look amazing via VGA, it's the only way I prefer to play.

Though Shenmue IIx also looked great via X-Box's HD component cables on a native 4:3 HD CRT. I miss mine so much.

Ahh, the good ol' days...

http://i.imgur.com/rOyzE.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/ijU7R.jpg
by Yama
Fri Aug 17, 2012 12:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ryo Hazuki Mega Soundboard and Insertcoin Shenmue clothi

Liking the look of the shirt and hoodie. I wonder how easy it would be to make a leather jacket version?
by NeoShredder
Fri Aug 17, 2012 4:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Finally got my Shenmue tattoo

Peter its frikin amazing man. Looks great. Its exactly what I would have got if I got a tattoo. Thats real dedication there homie. I applaud you.
by Axm
Fri Aug 17, 2012 5:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue I or II (v. 2012)

I would come out and say Shenmue II straight away. It's greater scale makes the atmosphere more impressive than the first, imo. Also, the sequel refines the gameplay (skipping time, dialouge options) and has more to do.

However of course it would have to be the DC PAL version, simply because of voice acting.

Not to dimish the first game by any means, I just think the sequel does things a step further for me.
by NeoShredder
Fri Aug 17, 2012 4:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What does the Dojo drive?

ts the closest ive felt to rape, and still remember it to this day, with my dad standing with me beside the "wreck" at 5 am with the cops in the rain. :no:

That's horrible man, I really feel for you. It's just like anything that's your property. But something you worked so hard on too.... :sad:

Anyways, i would only ever drive German or Japanese cars. Nothing else. Dont get me started on French electrics.......

:iagree: Let alone the custom warranty-breaking connectors all over everything....c'est terrible.
by NeoShredder
Fri Aug 17, 2012 8:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Last thing you bought (No food, drinks or drugs)

Dreamcast, two controllers + 10 Games = £20

I'm still appualled that my old one got broken, but now I have 15 games total and four controllers.... \:D/ :heart:
by NeoShredder
Fri Aug 17, 2012 6:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

You are not authorised to read this forum.
by Guest

Jump to topic

Not bad man, not bad. :D You? Still planning on moving to Australia?

Like Shozo said a few posts back, I'd self-exiled myself, 'cos of...well, for the same reason/s as a lot of the other elders who have come back recently. I got a nice PM from Henry, so checked this place out, and the contrast and progressive, upbeat feel of here, now, compared to how it was when I left, was nice, and a bit tinged with nostalgia. Think I'll post fairly regularly. :D
by St. Elmo's Fire
Sat Aug 18, 2012 6:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Help fighting Eileen/Izumi

Let me be clear. I have beaten Izumi about half a dozen times, all of which were on the xbox version.

I personally find the xbox version easier than the DC version, because I'm american and can't convert my Shenmue 1 saves so I have a default II move list.
by Himuro
Sat Aug 18, 2012 5:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Got a message from Clint saying his thinking about coming back.
by Riku Rose
Sat Aug 18, 2012 7:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Help fighting Eileen/Izumi

I'm fighting Izumi now and no way is the Xbox version not easier than this. The QTE during the fight in particular, I have NEVER seen this used in this frequency.

edit: just wasted her. :D
by Himuro
Sun Aug 19, 2012 1:17 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Nominate a new name for shenmuekidsx

Peter wrote:like gingerfners, The

That's just absurd and makes no sense. Cop yerself on!
by Gingefners, The
Sun Aug 19, 2012 8:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Last thing you bought (No food, drinks or drugs)

@Peter

I do. I just dont mind driving sideways over them or using an alternate route to get somewhere.
by Axm
Sun Aug 19, 2012 5:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Nominate a new name for shenmuekidsx

Natsuki has dreamed of being a housewife since she was a child. After graduating from college, she got a job for a construction company for the short term, but ended up working there for almost 10 years. When she was nearly 30, just as she was starting to think she'd never find someone worth marrying, she accompanied her boss to a meeting one day with Mikio Sumiya, an elite government official of the Ministry of Construction. She and Mikio fell in love and married after a breif courtship; so at last, Natsuki is fulfilling her dream. Her fellow workers still talk about her story as a fairytale ending. The couple bought a house in Sakuragaoka when their first son Kotaro was born, 11 years ago. Mikio is frequently transferred and is now in Hiroshima living alone. Sumitani really likes chitchatting. One of her pastimes is to gather information on show business from TV programs and magazines and be the first to tell friends about it. Furthermore, she likes to gossip about her neighbors. She is not satisfied unless she knows everything that's happening in the community. She might have useful information for Ryo, bu there are times when she slanders people. She may appear to be concerned about an incident, but more likely she wants to know so she can spread the word. It also known that she...

CAN'T SEE SHIT!

What a beautiful story.
by Yama
Mon Aug 20, 2012 12:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Zhu Yuanda/ Yuanda Zhu

Shenmue 2 was translated differently than Shenmue 1, is all. In Shenmue 2, Xuiying is referred to as Lishao Tao whereas in Shenmue 1, Chen calls her Tao Li Shao. Other than those 2 characters, I'm not really sure if it comes up again, but it's not specific to Zhu. I think the game manuals' character bios also highlight the difference between games.
by Lan Di-sama
Mon Aug 20, 2012 7:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Shenmue II Music: Ryo's Arrival to Guilin (Dreamcast)

Ok it turns out this is not a unused track after all. This track is used in the beginning of the Guilin chapter for the Dreamcast version. I labeled this "unused" because I was using the Xbox port as a reference. If you listen and compare both versions it's obvious they are not the same.

Xbox
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SmLO2lkidgY&t=91s

Dreamcast
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uovBrPi1V9U&t=1m43s

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mp9IEOhyoqE
by Ziming
Mon Aug 20, 2012 8:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Bronies

What have I just watched.......he needs LOCKING UP.
by Birty
Wed Aug 22, 2012 12:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: I am bored

Of course you will not post again any time soon, its a post and run.

Prove me wrong please.
by Spokane
Wed Aug 22, 2012 1:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Deletion/Moving of the Junk forum

Yama, Henry and Peter start taking apart the junk forum: http://www.grapheine.com/bmovie-tv/publ ... 80c54.html
by Riku Rose
Wed Aug 22, 2012 3:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Well I got engaged a few days ago. So that's a thing.
by OL
Thu Aug 23, 2012 1:37 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Would YOU donate to a Shenmue Project? (& how much)

With the Double Fine project being the only game I've ever supported on the website, I would happily pay $100-$150 for a Shenmue 3 project and less if it were a port of the previous games (though probably more if it came with decent swag)

I only spent $25 for the double fine one, as it was a nostalgic thing between me and my bro when I was young, but shenmue means so much to me (as you may know) because it means so much to us I actually would be prepared to spend more for it.

Tbh it's the only game left that I would want to come out. Street Fighter had its resurgence (and perhaps overdid it!), Monkey Island came out (new and remastered versions) and now a broken sword game has been announced on Kickstarter, what more is there?

I hope SEGA is doing something!!! Even the ports! That's progress!
by FlagshipFighter
Thu Aug 23, 2012 2:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

So I sniffed this place out for a while and realised that things have changed.

There's less negativity than before. Less bitching, it seems. Think i'll stick around for a while.

I'm sure you've all missed me, fellas.
by Clint
Thu Aug 23, 2012 6:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I've been around for a while just haven't logged in.
by James
Thu Aug 23, 2012 11:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I wonder whatever happened to Rhayno.G?
by QWERTY
Fri Aug 24, 2012 1:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Picture Association Game!!

I got it Pete, Count of Monte Cristo
by Yokosuka Martian
Fri Aug 24, 2012 9:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: QTE Champ! [XBLI]

Hi,

I'm the creator of QTE Champ on XBLIG. I was googling around to see what the general feedback was and found my way here (I've visited the site plenty of times, just never the forums). The first thing I want to do is thank you for finding my game and sharing it with everyone else. The second thing is to tell you that the gameplay video on YouTube that you linked to wasn't uploaded by me so I had no hand in deleting any comments and I'm sorry yours was deleted. I support whatever people have to say about the game positive or negative because all thoughtful feedback is equally valid in my book.

Okay, with that said, let me give a quick blurb about why QTE Champ exists. The game is very obviously Shenmue's QTE Excite 2 arcade game -- and that's exactly what was intended! Back when I had my Dreamcast, I was addicted to both the QTE games in the arcade and for the longest time I wished there was a stand-alone version so that I could play them without starting Shenmue, walking to the arcade, and spending my in-game money. After years of wanting it, I finally just went ahead and made it myself. My hope was that this would bring other fans of the original mini-game like me out from hiding :-)

Every comment that I've seen on the YouTube video so far seems pretty positive and it makes me happy that the game clicked with the intended audience. Also, don't worry about purchasing the full game because I'm going to give you a download code for it. Just PM me so that I at least know this post was seen and read and I'll sent it to you. I also added you on Xbox Live.

Again, thanks for sharing the game with everyone. If you all have any questions let me know.

mseifullah
Hamworks

Edit: Went back and fixed tyops and grammar mistakes -- I originally wrote this post on a tablet.
by mseifullah
Tue Aug 28, 2012 2:16 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Batman 3

About Blake:

I think that thing with the Robin reveal at the end is being taken far too seriously. To me, that's just a little nod, like a joke from Nolan. It's mentioned and then quickly disposed with "Hey you should change your name to Robin!!" "Ah yeh whatever."

I thought the character fitted in well. For the whole movie, he is pretty much Robin. Just not in costume. And to me that plays so much stronger to what that movie is all about, with the rise against Bane and the others. Because all Bruce Wayne wanted, as he said in the first movie and even reflects in this one, was that he wanted to inspire people and wanted to say that anyone could be Batman. And so here then in this movie you have this regular guy, who's even less fortunate than Bruce was, being inspired by Batman and just being good to people, providing hope when there wasn't any, and just looking out for his fellow man. He goes as far as Batman without being in costume and I think that couldn't have been handled better to close that aspect of the trilogy in all honesty.

Is it the best movie ever? No. Is it the best of the trilogy. No. But is it a good action blockbuster? Absolutely.
by Tuffty
Thu Aug 30, 2012 3:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Peter wrote:Any other accounts? I dont have the ACP but i shouldnt see a problem with merging accounts etc (unless its not an option)

For the record, that is possible. I have ACP access, let me know if you need help with that.
by Mr. Rod
Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Arguments

Alright, that's enough!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xkdP02HKQGc[/youtube]
by KiBa
Fri Aug 31, 2012 10:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

MiTT3NZ & QWERTY™: I have merged all your accounts into your current handles. In case you're wondering, both posts and post count have been transfered to your accounts.
by Mr. Rod
Sun Sep 02, 2012 2:00 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

You are not authorised to read this forum.
by Guest

Jump to topic

Re: Sega "Heritage" Collection Trailer

"Play them again for the first time"

What a weird sentence.
by Thief
Mon Sep 03, 2012 2:00 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Post a pic of what you expected a member to look like.

yeah in one of the dojo website discussions I'll try and find it

EDIT: here we go, at the bottom of the page
viewtopic.php?f=49&t=44897&p=1002668&hilit=hotlinking#p1002668
by south carmain
Mon Sep 03, 2012 5:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Shenmue featured on Modern Marvels

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G4rx3F9_NS4[/youtube]

Starts around the 6:20 mark.
by Crimson Ryan
Mon Sep 03, 2012 5:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

free copy of Wonder Boy in Monster World if you want it.

Yup just pay for shipping PM me
by Bluecast
Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Gaming thoughts of the day

Take this debate to Private Message, please, you're crapping up the topic at hand. Also, the three of you, quit the name calling, it's getting tiring.
by Henry Spencer
Tue Sep 04, 2012 4:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic