Search found 516 matches

Return

Re: Things That Made You Laugh Today

Hey everyone it's another chapter of Ryudo's stereotypes.

Ok so a bunch of middle aged to old men are mad. Who the fuck watches golf underthe age of 40? :lol:

Not like it's a sport. Sports are for athletes. Golf is what athletes do when they get old and retire in their late 30's early 40's. Golfer just play til they die. Not retire and play something else. It's the most dull thing around. Esp watching it my god like watching paint dry.

Next week why Jews can't play sports at all.
by Riku Rose
Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:55 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

You are not authorised to read this forum.
by Guest

Jump to topic

Re: Sega sure seems to really be popping them out now

My guess is they were playing Guess Who? all this time.

by Yokosuka Martian
Tue Oct 02, 2012 3:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Random Thoughts! v2.0

Peter wrote: WS. Haahaa remember that goober. Wonder where he ended up

He ended up at Grammar School where his students nicknamed him the "Nazi Fist".
by Sonikku
Tue Oct 02, 2012 6:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Gamesmasters Dominik Diamond doing Youtube game reviews

Funniest Gamesmaster moment by far!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UEFr6ACZ8sI[/youtube]
by QWERTY
Thu Oct 04, 2012 5:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Ok Yokosuka Martian hasn't posted since Pete met him so I think it's blatantly obvious his either tied up in Pete's basement or dead but still in the basement.
by Riku Rose
Thu Oct 04, 2012 6:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Trailers for Upcoming Movies you are interested in.

Taken was surprisingly good. Looking forward to seeing Taken 2.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aqn2L6kQQt8[/youtube]

Great to see Zemeckis skipping the CG bullshit for something real.
by Crimson Ryan
Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: what can I buy online with 1.69£

lastminute.com it is then..
by Crimson Ryan
Sat Oct 06, 2012 4:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Gaming thoughts of the day

RDR is easily one of this generations best games. Not only is it a lot of fun to play, but it also has, to me at least, the best story in an open world game to date.
by Tuffty
Sat Oct 06, 2012 4:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: FAGGOT

I don't see it as one really, think it's the same with most of us here.

Don't use the word that often meself these days, seems to be almost as bad as using the N-word now, even though in Scotland we all swear like cunts most of the time.
You used to be fond of the word "paki"

Aren't we all?
:D
by St. Elmo's Fire
Sat Oct 06, 2012 7:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: FAGGOT

Well that was a waste of time! :lol: Yeah dunno about the sports guys, knew it was a popular term, but didn't know it was a "bad" one..
by St. Elmo's Fire
Sat Oct 06, 2012 7:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 720p

Right, well there's two things to be said, here.

Reading some forums some people seem to hate their 360/PS3 because it's stuck on 720P. Now being totally new to having HD the top I have seen on my TV is 1080i from Programming. However it was compressed due to being a basic cable. PS3 to me looks great in 720P but again not seen full 1080P yet on this TV. Wii U is native at 1080P and sure all next gen systems will be.

If that's true, your television is not a 1080p set, only a 1080i set. Huge difference. 1080 p refers to 'progressive-scan', whereby the entire screen is refreshed all at one. No alternating lines, no strobing, combing or flickering. Just a whole new image every frame. 1080 i refers to 'interlaced', whereby half of the image is refreshed every frame in alternating lines. So, row 1, row 3, row 5, etc etc. Then on the next frame, the rows of pixels that were not updated in the last frame have their turn.

Interaced video was developed in order to save bandwidth when television was an emergent-technology. This produces the famous 'combing' effect. Now, there are various 'de-interlacing' algorithms about (your set almost certainly has one, Ryudo), but in this day and age they're meant simply to clean up broadcast television, the vast majority of which is broadcasted as interlaced video, and also serve to make some older interlaced DVDs prettier.

You'd be better off setting your TV to 720p, Ryudo. 1080i sounds higher, but really you're only getting half that in every frame. At least with 720p you're getting a pure image, without having to worry about extra processing being done to deinterlace the image, robbing you of valuable response time.

Combing;

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/1/19/Interlaced_video_frame_%28car_wheel%29.jpg

As a matter of technicality, LCD and OLED screens are incapable of displaying true interlaced video. All such televisions convert the image to progressive scan in order to display it. The question is one of processing, and if so, the quality of that processing. No deinterlacing or bad deinterlacing means that you'll still see the combing, it'll just be sent to your eyes as two interlaced, combed frames being sent as one.

Of course, regardless of the quality of processing, there is always artifacting from deinterlacing. Another reasons why 720p would be the better choice for you, Ryudo.

Question is does it bug you that consoles are still 720P?

Nope, and I own a proper 1080p set. There's something crucial here that you must understand in order to make sense of any of this. There's 'native rendering resolution', and 'final scaled resolution'. Now, both 360 and PS3 can upscale any resolution to 1080p. This is why there's always a "Supports 1080p" on the back of every game box. It doesn't mean the games are 1080p, it means that they can scale to that resolution.

For a ballpark figure, most retail/disc games for PS3/360 render natively at or around 720p. In the early days, the PS3 version of the same game would sometimes incur a drop in native resolution (GTA IV on 360 - 720p, on PS3- 640p). This is less the case, now. The point here is that retail games for those consoles almost never render natively at 1080p. I can think of one occasion where a disc game did - Virtua Fighter 5.

Call of Duty is an excellent example. Ever since COD4, it has rendered natively at 600p. Probably the lowest this gen has ever provided in a retail game (and a big reason why it runs at 60fps). So you're playing your 600p game on your console set to 1080p, on your 1080p television. The game leaves the rendering phase producing a 600p image, the console than upscales this image to 1080p. Your television displays it, being none-the-wiser.

Now, it's not quite that simple. The 360 has a dedicated scaling component, whereas the PS3 does not. Some people prefer to set their PS3s to 720p, believing that their television does a better job of scaling. Which they will do, by the way. Your TV scales everything that does not fit it's resolution.

It's still good to have a 1080p set, though. Blu-rays are native to this resolution, and look amazing. Also, while true 1080p 360/PS3 retail games are thin on the ground, the same cannot be said of XBLA/PSN games. Many of the simpler ones or 2D ones are the full-fat 1080p. Even some polygonal ones. WipeOut HD is one of the top of my head. Oh, Tekken 5 Online Edition is 1080p native, as well. Perfect Dark XBLA, the Banjo-Kazooie games from XBLA. The list goes on.

In short, no I'm not bothered that the majority of my games aren't using my television to it's full potential. Why? Because a nicely upscaled 600p still looks way better than a blurry 480i, if you ask me. A large chunk of my PS3/360 stuff (when taking the downloadable games into account) does in fact render natively at 1080p, and so I'm glad to have a nice set which supports that. Which is to say nothing of Blu-rays. Blade Runner on Blu-ray in 1080p looks so gorgeous.
by Martin
Sun Oct 14, 2012 1:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

You're Irish LOL!!
by wude
Thu Oct 18, 2012 6:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Well if you ever need a talk, you know where I am; stalking other people's Facebooks 8)
by Yokosuka Martian
Sun Oct 21, 2012 2:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Where did Henry Go?

Just wanted to log in to say thanks for all the kind words, it really means a lot. I won't be coming back for the foreseeable future, but all the well wishes definitely encourage me to do so, in time. And it's okay that people know what happened, my apologies for disappearing like that.. I did realise I would be letting down some people on here, since I promised to do certain things for them (Dorian, Mittens, Ryudo, my apologies, I'll pay you guys back one day, bet on it). Also apologies to my fellow staff members (and Dojo forum members) for bailing out like I have, if I could turn back the clock, I would have contacted you guys and the Dojo with what was going on, I feel bad about it.

I also hope ThyDarkAngel is doing fine himself, he's going through with difficulties himself also. If you're reading this, take care of yourself and all the best. Same goes for any of you going through hard times right now. I wish all the best to all of the members on here [for example: Orange (hope you have the best damn wedding there ever is and ever will be) and Kenny (keep on living the dream)] in the future.

Don't want to make a big deal out of my absence, but seeing all of the posts in here, I felt I had to.

I vote Crimson Ryan or Kenny for mod!

I'll always be on PSN or my Hotmail if any of you guys fancy a chat. Sorry if this comes off as pretentious, I was just rather touched by all the nice messages.
You guys and gals are the best there is. See you around (and maybe again, in the future).
Be well.
Henry out.
by Henry Spencer
Mon Oct 22, 2012 7:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

^ You can post anything at all. We used to have a Junk Forum. Now, every piece of random information you want to share goes here, as long as you obey the decency rules. If any post anywhere had to be connected with anything in a rational way, I'd be banned.

You sure they are not wolf spiders?

Pretty sure. They look just like the following, but slightly more reddish in tint. I accidentally crushed the cephalothorax, so I can't see the infamous violin-shaped marking, but the first point is, it's solid in color, so it's unlikely to be a wolf spider, which is often stripped. The second point is, I'm utterly doomed. I will not tolerate life-threatening infestation, even if I have no place else to go.

http://i.imgur.com/BUbsA.jpg
by KiBa
Wed Oct 24, 2012 3:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Finally have a day off tomorrow after 2 weeks strait of work. Maybe ill finally be able to finish RE6.
by Axm
Wed Oct 24, 2012 5:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

You're not the only one fucking off to Oz, Pete. The missus and I are applying for a 12 month visa (6 month working) and then gonna do a load of traveling after that. Should be doing one over there this time next year.
by QWERTY
Wed Oct 24, 2012 4:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Damn, what's in Australia that's so badass?

I mean I was planning to go someday but it sounds like i'm missing something here.

I blame the long lasting prominence of Neighbours, and to a lesser extent, Home and Away. It's ruined the minds of generations of British youth...It's basically a deliberate strategy the Australian government employs in order to brain drain Britain and steal our talent. However, what the aussie government never counts on, is that this only accounts for the dregs Britain's population departing ( *cough* Pete and qwerty *cough*), and our government knows this, hence why Neighbours will always be given a place (and usually lot's of places- twice a day during the week, and omnibus on the weekend is what I grew up on) on British TV screens. :P

I'm of course only joshing chaps. I'm just proper green eyed about the fact that your going to be lucky enough to swap these grey and rainy shores for some sandy aussie beaches. Who know's, you may even find the sturdy jawed aussie girl of your dreams while your there too.
by mue 26
Wed Oct 24, 2012 6:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Gaming thoughts of the day

This doesn't warrant making a topic. A game called "Hell Yeah!" has some new Sega DLC with customizations related to other Sega games.

http://segabits.com/blog/2012/10/24/hell-yeah-dlc-releases-today-adds-shenmue-jet-set-radio-and-more/

50 seconds in you'll see a customizations option with Shenmue selectable. Which appears to be the Dragon mirror.
This does deserve a new topic, I guess. It's not just the Shenmue themed wheel, but they include Ryo Hazuki costume among the selection.

http://hellyeah.sega.jp/dlc.shtml

It's after a long while to see the word "Shenmue" in "SEGA EXPRESS," their weekly online news letter, though they misspelled "Hazuki" in Kanji. :P
by Kiyuu
Thu Oct 25, 2012 3:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Ryudo wrote:
KiBa wrote: In all seriousness, I miss Dor. Hope he comes back someday.

He will then get pissed and leave again and cycle repeat

Cause we all know he's the only one that does that.
by Kenny
Thu Oct 25, 2012 9:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Like it or not I will be here til I die. Even if lurking after pete bans me for peeing in the plant.
by Bluecast
Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

On 10/28/2002 Shenmue II was released in the U.S on the Xbox

Today's date marks 10 years since this game came out on the original Xbox console.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G1tXYrc8M8k[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AcGdIfn-hQ4[/youtube]
by Ziming
Sun Oct 28, 2012 10:47 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Why does Shenmue remind me of the holidays?

As it's almost November, and I have just got my Dreamcast out of its box, I think it may be time to play Shenmue again this year.

It definitely isn't just you, it is a game that you want to play during Christmas, mainly for the snow in Dobuita and Sakuragaoka. Shenmue II feels more like a summers game to me, if only for the warm colours and seemingly hot weather in the game.

Jamie.
by JamieLM
Sun Oct 28, 2012 6:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

You are not authorised to read this forum.
by Guest

Jump to topic

Re: Grand Theft Auto Series

^I've got cousins over there I'll set you up.
by Riku Rose
Tue Oct 30, 2012 4:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQcc6h30F-gen5jMkKebDZiKFxJMSAF19_2MOhca4h2f5bVh7-NCg

Add some red wine and you're onto a winner! :nice!:

or

Now you know why I type in yellow.

(...couldn't choose between which of the two I wanted to reply with)

On the real though, you'd be surprised that even the most "laddish" birds love a bit of truly cheesey romance. I found that one out the hard way. Just say you've got summat important to talk to her about, invite her round for wine (NOT lager or owt) n a bit of chillin, put some tealight candles on (you're saving money on bills for the land down under) talk a bunch of bollocks to eachother, move onto the subject of Australia, and slide that in there.

I'm so confident it'll work that if you don't get laid that night, I'll give you my Shenmue games n Dreamcast.
by MiTT3NZ
Fri Nov 02, 2012 2:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Peter
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uZmxK2lShDw[/youtube]
by Bluecast
Fri Nov 02, 2012 3:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue I & II HD Listed in magazine

Peter, I think by "they" he means the magazine and by "what they don't have" he means a release date. He's not commenting on the existence of Shenmue HD.

Let's Get Sweaty - your friendly neighborhood translation service. :smile:
by Let's Get Sweaty
Sat Nov 03, 2012 7:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Nintendo and Sega discussing the future of Shenmue ?

the reddit user "mattew9" was asked what issue this was in and he replied today that it was issue no.741, dated 15/10/12.

Kiyuu looked at a Nov 1st issue, I wonder if that was issue 742, and this is a bi-monthly mag?
Yes, BRUTUS comes out bi-monthly, and it's not really a fashion magazine, though they publish "fashion issue" twice a year. Actually, the one I've checked out was #743 dated Nov. 15, though it hit the shelves on Nov. 1st.

Now, I went back to the book store where they carry some backnumbers as well, and checked out #741 page by page. (It's dated Oct. 15, but actually hit the shelves on Oct. 1st.) The only game name I found in it was "Biohazard 6" in its full-page ad. No Nintendo, no Shenmue, once again...

Or, mattew9/masterG is prolonging this prank even after he's theoretically been busted....there's no way that scan, as Kiyuu pointed out, is completely legitimate, unless it was just an online translation slapped over the real print (which makes no sense).
That's right. It makes no sense at all. If there really is an article in Japanese, how come they bother to translate it into English first and translate it back into Japanese by machine? Did they think no one would notice that is not the original article? :???:
by Kiyuu
Tue Nov 06, 2012 1:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

alive, finally got heat and internet back.
by Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Tue Nov 06, 2012 5:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Best I recall, no one taught me how to do anything. I believe I was the first person to ever start modding the game, and I was capable of doing things back then that people still can't do today with all their new software. I still have people asking me how I altered camera angles. Hell, people used to get upset with me back in the day because I was too selfish to share my knowledge and give up any spotlight! So yeah..... of course, Bysby took me under his wing and showed me the ropes. *sarcasm* I'm not sure what spawned that crock of shit lie, but it couldn't be further from reality.
by LanDC
Sun Nov 11, 2012 3:23 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Ryudo is a bit biased towards LanDC, thus giving Bysby way too much credit. Again Bysby had NOTHING to do with mods. The video you see above this post was recorded by me but it was LanDC who made it possible. I've never had one conversation back with Bysby about mods, it was LanDC I went to every time to make these mods happen.

(I'm locking this since the original subject has not been proven and disputed by Kiyuu. Current discussion has gone way off topic with LanDC and Bysby. Both members have contributed equally to the Shenmue community and I'll leave it at that.)
by Ziming
Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:40 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I barely spoke Japanese Peter and I had a great time in Japan. English is there for when you need it. Airport/trains etc
by lavrentis
Mon Nov 12, 2012 7:27 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue Excluded From Sonic Allstar Racing Transformed

There's a way to get Ryo in as DLC! You can vote for him at the Sega forums!!
Said thread is this:
http://forums.sega.com/showthread.php?426663-S0L-s-Challenge-Stage-1-Attempt

I am just trying to gather as many Shenmue fans as possible...
You can also vote for other 2 characters.
This is the first poll, and there will be a second with the winners of the first.
LET'S TRY TO GET RYO IN THE GAME!!
by RyoFangirl
Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Well that's a complete drag that you're leaving, Peter. But I completely understand your reasoning. It's a shame that one user has a stamp on this place so enveloping, that in my opinion prevents this place from truly flourishing.

Best of luck in your Aussie adventure. I'm sure it'll be amazing. Do try to stop in to say hello sometime.
by Mitsuzuki
Fri Nov 16, 2012 5:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Spokane wrote: Me and that rman cybered on MSN a lot.

This is how I read it.
by Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: **VOTE FOR RYO TO (possibly) APPEAR IN SASASRT**

Hey there. Member from the forum this little challenge is being held and I wanted to say something;

That topic is only for nominations. We (or at least TC is, this has been very disorganized and chaotic) are having a vote on who to actually send out the petitions for on Monday, so if you can, show up then.

Now if you'll excuse me, I need to make the rounds to other fan-bases to tell them this...
by FourCartridge
Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Damn Peter.. I cussed aloud just now. But I had a feeling it was going to happen. You're not posting anymore either? Well please reconsider that aspect when you have the time and desire. I'll atleast be able to keep up with you on FB. Thanks for being a mod and sticking with it for aslong as you did, especially when I stepped down before. I know how you feel obviously. Although before it was quite easy for me to leave with how many active mods we had and who we had that made it even easier of a decision. Im sure its bitter sweet for you. When do you bounce? (get it? because kangaroo.. :lol: )
by Axm
Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Well the man needs to live his life. No matter the reason if he feels he's gotta go and thats whats best for him then thats that. I just hope that whatever happens that Pete can live a long happy healthy life.

(and that if you ever go gay you show up on my doorstep)
by Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Peter is gonna find a hot aussie girl and jump the shark I just know it. Make sure to forget the rubbers mate. I know you got a little white micheal phelps you want to win gold in there.
by Axm
Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Peter wrote: HA! So what, if you cant have a piece of this ass, i cant crash on your couch?? That cut deep :lol:

I probably will go gay one day, since no woman seems to want any of this.

You're always welcome, but I wouldn't put you on the couch. The house I'm looking at has a spare room.
by Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Just woke up. When did I fall asleep? I was watching Blossom..yeah blossom SHUSH UR FACE and next thing I just read a mile long heartfelt PM. I need some tea
by Bluecast
Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Cheers! :beerchug:

Traveled back in time here at the dojo again.My god a lot of my posts are embarrassing...still brings out a good laugh I must say. :lol:
by Samanosuke Akechi
Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:36 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

So glad this week is over...I like keeping myself busy but I over pushed myself this time.Really looking forward to having tomorrow off.
by Samanosuke Akechi
Sun Nov 18, 2012 1:59 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic