Search found 97 matches

Return

Re: Map Glitch - Skip floors and break into rooms

Glitched into the three rooms on the same side of the hall as Xiuying's on the first try. Very cool! Did not have any luck in the Yan Tin Apartments, though. There is a door in the dead end part of South Carmain as well that I wanted to try to get to the other side and use, but I couldn't get to it...
by Supa
Tue Feb 03, 2015 8:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What Song Are You Listening To Now?

Duck Racing - Shenmue II

My music is on shuffle, okay?
by Supa
Fri Feb 06, 2015 3:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

SEGAbits features Lisle Wilkerson on podcast

http://segabits.com/blog/2015/02/13/swingin-report-show-75-interview-with-lisle-wilkerson-shenmue-ii-virtua-fighter-and-crazy-taxi-voice-actress/

Interesting listen so far. For example, she mentions that Yuan is still a transvestite in Shenmue II, but SEGA Of America wanted the voice to be ambiguous as possible, so as to not anger western fans.

We knew they tried to hide it, but interesting to know that western Yuan is not very different.
by Supa
Fri Feb 13, 2015 5:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Peter Molyneux taken to task by RPS's John Walker.

Things happen that can derail a timeline? Thank the lord for this brilliant interviewer, I would have never guessed.

That's life. The interviewer went way overboard and was incredibly disrespectful. As Peter said, if he had announced that the game was canceled, then everyone should get their money back, but it is just taking way longer than initially expected. Surprise surprise, when you invest in something it can be as much a risk as it is a reward.

Stuff happens. Get over it.
by Supa
Mon Feb 16, 2015 10:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Polygon Article: Two hours in Yu Suzuki's kitchen

Shenmue I even sold well...I think just Shenmue II and after is the issue. And Shenmue II was an obvious victim of circumstance.

Not sure how SEGA Race TV did, but Shenmue Online died a slow and horrible death and cost SEGA a ton of money as well.
by Supa
Thu Jan 22, 2015 4:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue Collections & Merchandise

Have we seen the video on this VHS before? http://www.ebay.com/itm/Sega-Dreamcast-Official-Promotional-Video-VHS-99-Shenmue-Biohazard-JP-12521-/151554299174?pt=FR_Jeux_Vid%C3%A9o_Jeux_de_marchandises&hash=item2349571526

What about this Shenmue II with the words "Sample" and "Loaned" on the discs? http://www.ebay.com/itm/271174829170?_trksid=p2060778.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
by Supa
Sat Feb 21, 2015 9:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

phpBB [video]

I love this soundtrack.
by Supa
Fri Apr 03, 2015 10:54 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I'm assuming the Shokotan version is the Japanese? I like the English version as well.
by Supa
Fri Apr 03, 2015 6:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What TV series are you watching?

Finished YuYu Hakusho and all of the movies/OVAs a week or two ago.

Phenomenal. Best anime I've seen yet. Not that I've seen many..
by Supa
Thu Mar 26, 2015 5:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: POLL; Favourite Game Controller?

The DC controller just felt natural. Every Genesis controller I've ever owned seems to stop working way too soon...the PS controllers are all awkward in my opinion, along with N64. I did not like that thing the more I think about it.

Dreamcast gets my vote.
by Supa
Sun Apr 05, 2015 2:15 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Dojo history, rivalries & revelations

Ah, such good times here. In a little over a day, I'll have been here for eleven years.

The one time reporter actually broke some Shenmue news: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=14892
by Supa
Tue Apr 07, 2015 10:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Nope, it did. Here it is: http://justdubsonline.net/yu-yu-hakusho ... ub#ep1-tab
Maybe there are two English dubs?
by Supa
Wed Apr 08, 2015 5:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re:  Guilin

It is you. I rarely see people that don't like Guilin. Although, if we got Shenmue III, II's ending wouldn't be a problem to anyone, I feel. It wasn't meant to be a decade plus long cliffhanger, so it feels out of context.
by Supa
Thu Apr 02, 2015 11:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Ah, such good times here. In a little over a day, I'll have been here for eleven years.

The one time reporter actually broke some Shenmue news: http://www.shenmuedojo.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=14892
[color=#80BFFF]Yeah... I still remember his E3-sessions when he was extra active trying to "provide news".
When asked for proof that he was there he did eventually post a picture. Then claimed that some random guy in the background with his back to the camera was him :lol: I'm not sure now but I think that it was a picture of Yu.
Reporter during E3 :
I'm expecting big things, as my connections in Japan have been on the phone all night.
So, if nothing happens, I'm gonna be giving a half dozen apparant insiders a sev beat down!

Oh, reporter. Wonder what happened to him and all of his connections. He has probably played Shenmue III by now.

I remember Pilcher (or was it pilcher?), check out these threads:

http://www.shenmuedojo.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=16552
http://www.shenmuedojo.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=16372
by Supa
Sat Apr 11, 2015 9:37 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Random Shenmue Thoughts

Thank you, Kiyuu, as always!
by Supa
Sat Apr 11, 2015 9:26 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Yes. The video above plays on my new Xbox copy, while the older copy plays the other version on the YouTube list. Weird.
by Supa
Sat Apr 18, 2015 6:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I got really good at the forklift racing. I think every day I managed to complete the job and have 10-15 game minutes or more to drive around. But it is incredibly frustrating to run into pedestrians or other forklift drivers.

I did figure out that if you are in a tight spot and can see a forklift coming your way, you can honk and keep honking at them, and they will automatically go back in reverse and get out of your way. Sometimes their model even ghosts away.
by Supa
Mon Apr 20, 2015 9:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

phpBB [video]
by Supa
Tue Apr 28, 2015 5:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue Collections & Merchandise

Awesome collection! Your turn, Peter...update those photos!
by Supa
Thu Apr 30, 2015 5:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue and Streets of Rage soundtracks coming to Vinyl

Interesting...I assume they are using the Koshiro arrangements for the first two?

The first two tracks are the original versions, not the arranged versions by Y. Koshiro.

Thanks!

I bet they are the regular versions. It would be lame if they are remixes, especially since they aren't labeled as such.
I don't get why there all the talk about the Vinyl has to be so Koshiro centric...

Because Koshiro collaborated with them on the Streets Of Rage remastering. And the Koshiro arrangements are not remixes...they are arrangements.

For example, here is the original "Shenmue": https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=swzFo_p9Ud8&index=1&list=PL6393AB2853560583

And here is the Koshiro arrangement: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZNZ4SSvV_SY&index=19&list=PL6393AB2853560583
by Supa
Fri May 29, 2015 8:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Why I Think Shenmue 2x is better

No. Wish I could though.

Then how do you know they don't suffer from the same "lack of quality" of the English voices?

If you played it on Xbox 360 then you got rid of the awful overbloom and all the baseline all over the screen the original xbox has.

The Dreamcast version looks ultra crisp compared to the Xbox version due this.

If you play on 360 you also get no shadows and glitchy music.
by Supa
Wed Apr 01, 2015 9:12 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: It's official - Sony helping develop and publish Shenmue

Agreed about the main page. The Dojo used to be THE place to go for Shenmue news...can more of the fresh information be posted on the main page, with more room to view past news, like it used to be? These are exciting times, I'd rather read Shenmue news here than on Facebook or gaming sites.
by Supa
Thu Jun 18, 2015 1:31 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Okay, realism is a nonissue to pick apart here. If you are so much of a stickler that one of your complaints is that the people would be more likely to speak English than Japanese, then you probably should just not play Shenmue II past the Dou Niu fight, because realism lies out the window once you get to know Shenhua and step inside that cave.

I don't have a problem with it. Realism in game to me in fact means only that its world must have internal consistency, and Shenmue got that. As example, if I was playing Shemue 1 & 2 in English all this time and the game takes place now in Thailand, I would expect the people there to speak in English and not in Thai; Unless in Shenmue's world the US colonized most of the Asian countries but not all of them. Anyway, my comment on my previous post only meant to compliment the English cast of Shenmue 2.

I never have an issue with people liking one over the other, it is simply the fact that a lot of people cannot seem to intelligently defend their opinion outside of just being a Japanophile, does that make sense? They jump on the bandwagon and all they can say is "ITS TURRBLE LOL". I articulated this point a few posts back, but feel compelled to bring it back up again.

I openly admit there are some not so good voices in the NPCs, but as you said, the main characters are fine.

The feeling you get with the atmosphere I got when playing the English one. I have never played the Japanese version admittedly, but since hardly anybody here is fluent in the language, how do we know we are not romanticizing the voices in the original? There may be just the same amount of goofiness, if not more. I seem to remember Kiyuu saying that one of the main characters' voices left something to be desired, if I recall correctly.

Nozomi's Amulet Scene in Japanese:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uhlLXzOiqLY&index=80&list=PL5D819C6F41C2B4A4

Nozomi's Amulet Scene in English:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OemGh5ja3aU

On the intonation and overall level of energy, Nozomi in the Japanese version appears to be more talkative and assertive in general, while in the English one she seems bashful and not very confident. You could even say they are different people. It may seem all subtle but it's there. You can tell specially by the number of "sounds" Nozomi makes on each scene (fewer in the English one) and the enthusiasm in her voice.

Look, I'm not saying one is better than the other, and I applaud the English VO actress effort as she must have had a hard time matching her speech with the "weird" body language of the character (which was intended to behave very Japanese like). So it's just preference.

Overall I got a slightly different experience playing each version. PS. Chai in the English version is perfect IMO. He's the exact counterpart to the Japanese one, same as Ryo.

Good points. I think Nozomi's English voice is perfect, she seems to me like a shy girl, and her voice matches that. Ya know, she likes a guy who won't respond to her? I think it matches perfectly.
by Supa
Thu Jun 18, 2015 3:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Yu Suzuki - Reddit AMA Today 21:30 PST / 05.30 GMT

Yeah, he really is eager to interact with the fans. The more he answers, the more confident and relaxed I am about Shenmue III...this will be a masterful game, just like I and II.
by Supa
Sat Jun 20, 2015 2:39 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: song name...

I prefer the in game version as well. Before i got the soundtracks, and back when they were available for download on FilePlanet, I always wanted to get this track. Love it.
by Supa
Mon Jun 22, 2015 4:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: And I'm still finding new stuff on Shenmue 1! o_O

I keep learning new things as well. I've accidentally had people call me when walking, but i usually run, and don't think anything of it. Maybe I'll walk everywhere on my next playthrough.

I've always thought Shenmue I had much more of a "real" atmosphere than Shenmue II. Both are my favorite games ever, but Shenmue I won in that regard. :)
by Supa
Wed Jun 24, 2015 11:45 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ren's Greatest Moments

The key to the elevator in Ghost Hall. Perfect scene! And Ryo definitely had a reaction, and it was intentional...rewatch it!

phpBB [video]

You don't see that glare?
by Supa
Thu Jun 18, 2015 3:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ren's Greatest Moments

Ren is hilarious and I think Eric Kelso did a great job with his voice.
by Supa
Wed Jun 24, 2015 4:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Yu Suzuki makes statement on funding & budget on KS update

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ysnet/shenmue-3/posts/1273833

There have been many questions concerning Shenmue 3’s budget and what outside sources will be added to the money collected through Kickstarter. I apologize for not having been more forthright in this area and would like to take this opportunity to help clarify the situation.

Ys Net and I have been putting in many long years trying to find a way to bring back a sequel that so many fans have waited so long for. After learning of Kickstarter, I knew it would be possible to get Shenmue 3 started. Wanting to make the best game possible, I also knew that I would have to look to more traditional means to obtain all the funds that would be needed to create the game I had envisioned.

Sony and Shibuya Productions have been wonderful partners because they believe in Shenmue and want to see the best for the fans and the game. Their investment in (and support of) Shenmue have helped to realize a sequel that will stand proud with its predecessors. While it is not business practice to discuss the specific details of such arrangements, I can say that with their assistance on the production and marketing end, and in Sony’s case with some publishing support as well, Ys Net is able to use more of the money we collect through Kickstarter purely for Shenmue 3’s development. It is also important to note that your funds are going strictly to Ys Net for development of Shenmue 3 – Sony and Shibuya Productions are not seeing a cent of your Kickstarter dollars.

The outpouring of support from all of you, the backers, has been so inspirational. I cannot thank you enough. Having reached our funding goal, I am excited to say that the Shenmue story will go on, and our journey with Ryo and Shenhua will continue. Fans will be able to enjoy the sequel they have waited so long for, and newcomers to the series will be introduced to a unique gaming experience.

Of course, like with any Kickstarter, additional funding will only help us make a better game. On top of everything Shenmue 3 will already bring, the Stretch Goals that I have laid out will add extra quests, events, and new gameplay systems that will make the game even more immersive and take the series to the next level. At the $5 million mark, there will be an all new gameplay feature I would be excited to be able to add to the Shenmue legacy. If we should make the $10 million Stretch Goal, a much larger, completely open world will be yours to explore.

Even if these Stretch Goals are not reached, Shenmue 3 will already be a sequel true to its name, and one we can all be proud of. It is my hope though, that together we can make this Shenmue just as revolutionary as the first two were.

I understand this statement may by late in coming. Going forward, we wish to be as open as possible concerning the game’s development. I would like to again ask for your cooperation and support in helping make Shenmue 3 the best that it can be.

Sincerely, Yu Suzuki

https://ksr-ugc.imgix.net/assets/004/036/218/c7ba6548e283e00f70eb46302562a5b6_original.png?v=1435149812&w=639&fit=max&auto=format&lossless=true&s=5013791507492c7e4d4ae08881bd63cf

Sounds like the clarification many have been asking for since the Kickstarter opened and all of the other funding sources started talking. Maybe this will shut up some of the negative press. What do you think?
by Supa
Wed Jun 24, 2015 7:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Yu Suzuki Makes Statement on Kickstarter Funding/Budget

http://i.imgur.com/CcArwc4.png

Yu Suzuki has made an official statement on the funding and budget of Shenmue III through Kickstarter. He addresses the outside funding the game will receive through Sony and Shibuya Productions, as well as exactly where the Kickstarter money will be going. Reiterated in this statement are his ambitions to reach $5 million for the character perspective system, as well as the overall $10 million goal.

Links: Statement | Shenmue 3 Kickstarter | News Archive
by Supa
Wed Jun 24, 2015 7:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Wow has anyone seen this?

Master Kyodai wrote: I played a real lucky hit at Tsurumi town festival 3 weeks ago. But yeah, i didn't win XD

Why didn't you just soft reset and bet again?
by Supa
Wed Jun 24, 2015 11:34 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Oh come on, it's not THAT bad.
by Supa
Mon Jun 22, 2015 6:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Got my PAL copy of Shenmue II in the mail today. Burned a boot disc and took it for a (very short) spin.
It's so weird... why does it feel like such a rush to be playing SII in Japanese? It's certainly an improvement. I guess I just never watched many videos of the Japanese track or something, but it's nice hearing a version of Ryo that's not quite so robotic. Doesn't matter at all that I don't speak the language; the difference in acting quality is plain as day.
I still defend people's right to prefer the English dub, but Japanese was always going to be the preference for me, given the choice.
Do have to say though, the Xbox version was obviously prettier. People can debate all they like about blurriness or what have you; the DC version seems to have frequent slowdown, and everything looks a tiny bit more drab and less vibrant. Of course, this is all just judging by the dock up to Pigeon Park, so I can't speak for the rest of it.
All the same, I'd say the two versions seem to be about 50/50; the DC sounds better, the Xbox looks better.

Thank you for rationally explaining your preference. This is what most people don't do. They just jump on the "English dub sucks!11!" bandwagon, just like the Peter Moore one.
by Supa
Thu Jun 25, 2015 11:59 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The Mysterious Scroll

David Deville, otherwise known as aizen59 (I believe), interivewed Yu Suzuki here: http://shenmuedojo.net/new/extras/interview1114.html

They talked about a lot more than what was discussed in the interview, stuff he was asked not to publish. Some of it was about Baihu, who David claims is much more than a street fighter. See this thread: http://www.shenmuedojo.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=47219&start=15#p1077456

I think he said it for a fact on 500k, so if you want, I can find that post. Baihu is more than the 4th street fighter.
by Supa
Thu Jun 25, 2015 11:41 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

New Shenmue III Stretch Goals Announced - $11 Million+

http://i.imgur.com/SlOa0rn.jpg

YS Net has set new stretch goals for the Shenmue III Kickstarter up to $11 million. Currently sitting at slightly above $3.5 million , these new goals detail Suzuki's approach to his full, open world vision for Shenmue III.

Links: Kickstarter Update
Shenmue 3 Kickstarter | News Archive
by Supa
Thu Jun 25, 2015 10:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: New Shenmue III Stretch Goals Announced - $11 Million+

They BETTER take PayPal on the site after Kickstarter is over. I will give so much money to this game.
by Supa
Thu Jun 25, 2015 10:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: IGN continues to Fumble Funding Facts

How about the Dojo runs a thorough news piece laying out the facts and specifically calling out fools like this who can't read? It doesn't have to be hateful, just point out that they are just spewing bs.
by Supa
Tue Jun 30, 2015 3:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Hate is Real

People are idiots.
by Supa
Fri Jul 10, 2015 1:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: BlitWorks-Keep asking Sega if you want JSRF or Shenmue p

Not interested in the most requested game...I see.
by Supa
Tue Jul 14, 2015 2:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Have you made a second Kickstarter account?

Just made a second account for an $8 pledge off of one card (maxed out). When my brother wakes up in Australia today, he'll be getting $60 from me to pledge in his name.
by Supa
Tue Jul 14, 2015 6:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Cedric bomb updates ???

I'd be interested to see the country stats if they have them. I'd be interested to see how many people from Japan pledged considering there was like 40k viewers in that Japanese stream the other day, yet for some reason I don't feel like they've done much?

Yeah, didn't the original games sell poorly in Japan?

http://www.ign.com/articles/2000/01/19/shenmue-number-1-in-japan

It ended up selling almost half a million, I believe.
by Supa
Tue Jul 14, 2015 9:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: KS Update #38: Masaya Matsukaze Confirmed & Monaco Meeti

Don't forget, the Monaco one also means you can attend the very first event that Shenmue III will be publicly shown at as well.

I wish I could afford $5k now! ^
by Supa
Thu Jul 16, 2015 11:09 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Final Day: What did you pledge?

He said in one interview that he is going to sign every single copy individually!

I'm sitting at one account with $8 (maxed out card), and one with $600. I think I can up that one a bit, or maybe make a third account and get another copy for $60.

I'm happy for anyone that pledged anything. You all are awesome!
by Supa
Fri Jul 17, 2015 5:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic