Search found 46 matches

Return

Re: Bronies

What have I just watched.......he needs LOCKING UP.
by Birty
Wed Aug 22, 2012 12:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: I am bored

Sir JC Denton wrote:And then I remembered that you guys were worth a chuckle or too. It's been a while. How the fuck are ya?

Mr Denton how are you Sir? Great to see you again! Missed the Avatar ;)
by Birty
Wed Aug 22, 2012 12:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Bronies

Axm wrote:BIRTY!!!

AXM!!! And Peter, always a pleasure ;-)
by Birty
Wed Aug 22, 2012 3:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Resident Evil

I'm not gonna lie I can't wait for this game, fair enough it has changed significantly over the years but I like how there is three different styles that will all link up to one story. I got two weeks off work right now so I will be pretty much hooked on that and FIFA 13 while I'm off I think! Good job I get paid on friday!
by Birty
Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:06 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue Picture Extravaganza!

@shengoro86 That pic of you playing darts, no joke...I seriously thought you just posted a pic from Shenmue up, ya know...as a joke. So win!
by Birty
Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:31 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Random Thoughts! v2.0

St. Elmo's Fire wrote:
Birty wrote: I have 2 weeks off work starting from today and have ABSOLUTELY NO IDEA what to do with myself. ](*,)

Drink?

On it as we speak Mr. Fire! :beerchug:
by Birty
Mon Sep 24, 2012 1:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Random Thoughts! v2.0

MiTT3NZ wrote: There's City too...

I'm going to the Dortmund game next wednesday lad, you might have seen me post the tickets pic on my facebook ha!
by Birty
Mon Sep 24, 2012 2:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: New Ecco coming?

Ecco on the Megadrive, as much as I love it...was one SOLID game that I know for a fact I just won't ever complete it. It's so difficult!!!
by Birty
Mon Sep 24, 2012 1:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue Picture Extravaganza!

@shengoro86 That pic of you playing darts, no joke...I seriously thought you just posted a pic from Shenmue up, ya know...as a joke. So win!

Haha thanks.

Yeah I thought it would be cool.
The picture was taken at a place called The Firkin Tavern, here in NJ
http://www.firkintavern.com/

Sounds like a great name for a USA bar when Ryo goes to see Tom. 8-[

As for winning, I think Crimson Ryan has us all beat.
Yeah deffo, it still is my goal one day to travel to the far east. And looking at the Firkin Tavern website, they show Barclay's Premier League games! I think I may pop over one day! \:D/
by Birty
Mon Sep 24, 2012 1:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Games you periodically re-visit

I play on the actual console. PC gamepads just don't offer the same feel as an actual Genesis or SNES controller in my hands, so I don't really mind the "hassle" of hooking them up all over again.
Kind of a purist, I guess. It just doesn't feel as "real" on an emulator to me either.
The only big thing I do like an emulator over the actual console for me, is that being in the UK and the whole 50Hz PAL, my Mega Drive games are notably slower...and I never realised what I was missing until I played the 60Hz version. Only a small thing...but it stands out like a sore thumb to me now, it's like playing something in slight slow motion.
by Birty
Wed Sep 26, 2012 4:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: most interesting year

I miss the Junk Forum.

/rant
by Birty
Wed Sep 26, 2012 4:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Member count...

In total there are 230 users online :: 21 registered, 4 hidden and 205 guests (based on active users)
Surely there aren't that many unique visitors on? There is just something about the Dojo at the minute. I mean I absolutely love the place and I will never ever leave unless somehow the whole forum gets wiped, but it just doesn't feel as "big" as it did back when the new forums opened. I mean I know it's good that all the old forum subjects have now merged into one...but it just doesn't feel as vast. Maybe it's just me...I'm drinking too much coffee tonight I think. :ugh:
by Birty
Thu Sep 27, 2012 6:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Games you periodically re-visit

Poetry in Motion wrote: erm I'd say HEXIC HD, 'kin quality!

How can I forget Hexic HD! It was the first game I played on my Xbox 360...and I LOVE THE MUSIC!!!!

by Birty
Thu Sep 27, 2012 6:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Old School Dojo-ers

I think it has worked before where if we all put our minds together and think hard enough about a certain member then he/she will randomlly appear and post again!
by Birty
Thu Sep 27, 2012 5:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2003 Members

Somehow I think that when someone makes a 2003 topic or some sort of nostalgia topic it's like a subconcious beacon is sent out on the internet and everyone magically returns to comment!! Haha. :D
by Birty
Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Sega Japan All Star card packs, inc. Shenmue

Forgive me if this has already been mentioned but noticed Sega of Japan are releasing a card pack of all kinds of Sega IPs including Shenmue. They are being released from now throughout May, pretty cool! They even include Alex Kidd, pretty buzzing haha!

http://segabits.com/blog/2013/04/24/more-sega-all-stars-packs-heading-to-samurai-dragons/

:D
by Birty
Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: You mean I fuck off for like four years, and...

St. Elmo's Fire wrote: Yo.

Also, hey Birty.

Hi mate! Don't worry...I am actually still here most days I just don't post too much haha. Hope all's well.
by Birty
Wed May 08, 2013 7:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue 3 and E3 2013

Ahhhh the good old days when we would get a bogus rumour and the forums would explode and we would have a record amount of users online, part of me just wants a bogus rumour so we can all have a good natter again.
IGN have just reported that sega will be revealing shenmue 3-6 at E3
http://uk.ign.com/sega_to_announce_shenmue_episodes_at_E3
it's also featured on the sega website
http://www.sega.co.uk/shenmue_E3_reveal
Why the fuck did I just click BOTH them links. -_-
by Birty
Wed Jun 05, 2013 5:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue 3 and E3 2013

Ahhhh the good old days when we would get a bogus rumour and the forums would explode and we would have a record amount of users online, part of me just wants a bogus rumour so we can all have a good natter again.
by Birty
Wed Jun 05, 2013 5:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SHENMUE 3 ANNOUNCED FOR PS4 KICKSTARTER!

Joe Pesci wrote: And we are re-animated.

JOE! :D
by Birty
Mon Jun 15, 2015 11:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I've had time to process this for the past hour and whatever amounts of shit and semen that were in my body are now in my pants. I may die of entire body failure before this thing reaches its goal.
And now my life shall be completed. [-o<

BTW: It's good to see so many of the veteran members here. CELEBRATE BITCHES!!! =D> \:D/

So great to see you guys.
by Birty
Mon Jun 15, 2015 11:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I've only just woke up, I cannot physically believe it. I can't believe it. I'm buying a ps4 just for this game. Oh my holy lord. I can't believe it. I can't believe it.

I CAN FINALLY CHANGE MY SIG AFTER ALL THESE YEARS.
by Birty
Mon Jun 15, 2015 10:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Replaying S1 and S2

I am going to attempt to convince my girlfriend to play it. She has never heard of the game but I feel like I need to get her on the same hype level as me so we will see how that works out.
by Birty
Tue Jun 16, 2015 8:56 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Random Thoughts

Well our little community outside of the Shenmue forums is going to change in the next 2 years.

Imade a post in the staff forums about that. Just how the way we have been around here for the past lot of years.... just a few folks posting, having relaxed casual fun and talking about more general stuff, those days are long gone. This will be like the proper old days 2003-2005 mental times. With a mixutre of old members, and then a flood of new members that will join also. Its madness that this day has arrived. I didnt expect this until maybe the 20th Anniversary.
We persevered mate, we persevered. And now we are being rewarded.
by Birty
Tue Jun 16, 2015 8:15 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What's happened in your life in the past 14 years?

Graduated high school. Completed some college. Bounced around from a few jobs. Both my grandparents died in the same week :( . My Celtics won the NBA Finals in 2008. Became involved in my first serious relationship. Sadly got addicted to opiate painkillers :/ what a rough road that's been. Recovery is a bitch. And by the time III comes out I'll be 29 or 30. It's been a long road mate, we can experience it all together when it finally gets here! :)
by Birty
Wed Jun 17, 2015 5:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Welcome back man it's been a long time!
by Birty
Wed Jun 17, 2015 7:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

What's happened in your life in the past 14 years?

After taking some inspiration from a Facebook status I saw from MiTT3NZ , I thought would ask if any important events have happened in your lives since we ended with Shenmue II? I've been to university and got an honours degree, learned to drive, bought my own car, got a long term girlfriend, and a boat load of other stuff that's insane to think how long we have waited. Oh and we even created the new forums in that time haha. Any exciting stories?
by Birty
Wed Jun 17, 2015 3:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I love how this topic has brought some people together and feel like they can open up to how their lives have changed and also been changed by Shenmue. Fantastic!
by Birty
Fri Jun 19, 2015 5:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: KS Update #35: New $4500 Reward - Name a Vendor

Is it me or is the Kickstarter increasing quite quickly today?

yeah someone took an NPC tier (10k). I'm mentally subtracting it every time I check the pledge totals in case its a troll. I wouldn't be surprised if most of the NPC buyers are trolls waiting to strip 40-50k from the pledge total at the worst possible moment... lol I have no faith in humanity.

Haha no it's not your fault you're like that, we are Shenmue fans, we are now permanently pessimistic without realising it!
by Birty
Tue Jul 14, 2015 2:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Today I introduce my girlfriend to Shenmue!

Well we are up to Disc 3, she has just got a job at just the harbour. She's actually pretty into it, I'm impressed! And my god....she nearly beat Chai with beginners luck I'm not even joking, the fight went on for AGES and she kept catching him with uppercuts! And she has also come across a funny but of dialogue I've never hear before, she was talking to the young Liu-San in the barbers and he just said something like "I tell you what, my hands just ache. They ache every time I see him, I go walking every day and when I see him...I just want to cut Tom's hair, so bad..." :D

EDIT: I mean Chai in the arcade, first fight. The look on her face when she first saw him was priceless, she was disgusted by him haha!
by Birty
Mon Jul 13, 2015 9:40 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue 3 Kickstarter sets new record - LIVE REACTION

I'm still at work but what an absolutely fantastic day to be a Shenmue fan. I am truly honoured! =D>
by Birty
Fri Jul 17, 2015 10:46 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Finally finished work, I'm absolutely buzzing!! Gonna crack open a Budweiser tonight and watch the stream while I fall asleep. What an amazing day, and it's still not over!
by Birty
Fri Jul 17, 2015 1:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Just doubled my pledge, sod it!
by Birty
Fri Jul 17, 2015 5:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Today I introduce my girlfriend to Shenmue!

Hey guys, today is the first day I introduce my girlfriend to Shenmue I. I have the Dreamcast all dusted set up and ready, any tips on how or if I should help her in the game? I feel like I want her to experience it properly without trying to spoil it. I've literally been going on at her every day since the announcement haha. We have just had a two week vacation, every day I was on the kickstarter and dojo forums so I think she gets the message. :P
by Birty
Mon Jul 06, 2015 11:21 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Thank you from Yu Suzuki

On July 17th, the Kickstarter campaign for Shenmue III drew to a finish. Because of you, the backers and the fans, Shenmue III set the Guinness record for the fastest game to reach $1 million, past the funding goal of $2 million in just 8 and a half hours, set the record for video games on Kickstarter, and became the 6th most funded project on Kickstarter, collecting $6.33 million.

All of this was accomplished by your efforts. Through the illustrations you drew, the videos you produced, and all that you did throughout the campaign, I could not help but feel the deep love you have for Shenmue.

Even after 14 years have gone by, to see this outpouring of support is something one as a creator can only dream of. There can be no better feeling than what you have given me, and for that I will be eternally grateful.

We have just started getting into development, and as we move ahead, I will listen to all of you to make Shenmue III even better.

I thank you again all for your support, and wholeheartedly look forward to the rest of our journey together.

Yu Suzuki

by Birty
Wed Jul 22, 2015 6:12 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Shenmue Music on UK Classic FM

I had a lovely surprise a couple of weeks ago when I was driving home from work and I randomly came across Classic FM in my car, and the Shenmue theme was playing! Someone had requested it and I was curious if it was any of you guys haha, loved it!
by Birty
Fri Sep 09, 2016 1:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue II: The Movie

For the record, this movie is awesome. Fantastic work!! =D>
by Birty
Sat Dec 10, 2016 3:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Happy New Year!!

Happy New Year to everyone at the Dojo, roll on December 2017!! :beerchug: :beerchug:
by Birty
Sat Dec 31, 2016 7:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Dojo OG Makes Return

I love how topics like this just bring us all back like magnets haha.
by Birty
Sat Dec 17, 2016 2:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Kickstarter Update #65: Dev room update

Peter wrote: I went absolutely bananas when I seen that notebook. Shenmue 3 complete notebook guide, oh yes!

Cheers for the volunteer Peter, you've committed yourself now! :P
by Birty
Thu Mar 16, 2017 6:07 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Manchester explosion at concert. 22 dead. 50+ injured.

Absolutely sickened that this has happened in my city, I'm aware it's a worldwide problem but when it happens literally on my doorstep it makes you realise how lucky I am to be safe right now. Manchester will prevail, our people have shown amazing support and love for one another and I can't begin to imagine what the families of the victims are going through, I mean it was a concert consisting mainly of CHILDREN for goodness sake. Heartless and cowardice, my prayers are with the families. Shocking... :cry:
by Birty
Tue May 23, 2017 7:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: YSNET officially announce the delay of Shenmue 3.

This doesn't bother me at all. I'm satisfied with Yu's reasons and I'm actually excited to hear him say that the game is turning out bigger and more beautiful than expected. I've waited all this time I can wait another year or so. I'm actually pretty excited!
by Birty
Thu Jun 08, 2017 5:26 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Kickstarter Update #69: June Report

I just did a MAJOR fist pump in work when I saw that logo! And I'm not ashamed if people saw me, awesome update!!!
by Birty
Fri Jun 30, 2017 6:59 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic