Search found 115 matches

Return

Forum name changed from "Future of Shenmue" to...

"Shenmue III."

DAMN THAT FELT GOOD!
by Yama
Tue Jun 16, 2015 2:26 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Future ideas for Shenmue PLEASE CONTRIBUTE TO THIS

I want it to end on a cliffhanger. Life just won't feel right not waiting for a Shenmue game to be released.
by MiTT3NZ
Tue Jun 16, 2015 1:30 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SHENMUE 3 ANNOUNCED FOR PS4 KICKSTARTER!

Just pledged 300. That's a pretty good chunk o' change for me, but I guess this means more to me than I thought it would.
Oh, and I just have to say I've never been so happy to be totally wrong. :mrgreen:
Here I was saying how something like Shenmue would never be announced at E3 nowadays. Poopoo on me, and I don't care.
by OL
Mon Jun 15, 2015 11:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SHENMUE 3 ANNOUNCED FOR PS4 KICKSTARTER!

Stop breaking the damn website. I'm trying to find out what songs Sir JC Denton was listening to in 2005.
by MiTT3NZ
Mon Jun 15, 2015 11:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue Kickstarter Estimation

I have just witnessed a jump off 100.000 $ in 8 minutes so I will go with 45.000.000 $. Realistically 12 Mil.
by DaMulder
Tue Jun 16, 2015 7:39 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Random Thoughts

Well our little community outside of the Shenmue forums is going to change in the next 2 years.

Imade a post in the staff forums about that. Just how the way we have been around here for the past lot of years.... just a few folks posting, having relaxed casual fun and talking about more general stuff, those days are long gone. This will be like the proper old days 2003-2005 mental times. With a mixutre of old members, and then a flood of new members that will join also. Its madness that this day has arrived. I didnt expect this until maybe the 20th Anniversary.
by Peter
Tue Jun 16, 2015 7:48 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SHENMUE 3 ANNOUNCED FOR PS4 KICKSTARTER (INFORMATION INS

I'm back. Logging in for the first time in 4 years. Watched the press conference live. Almost fainted. Pledged 300. Fuck yea
by JaySw34
Tue Jun 16, 2015 8:26 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Hey everyone looks like YS net is busy hiring more people for the project. My Japanese wife found this.
http://neilo.co.jp/news/643
No specific positions listed. Just a general opening and application to fill out.
by Axm
Tue Jun 16, 2015 8:29 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I...I...life is beautiful

I actually did watch Sony's conference despite being away and just had a feeling that I cannot explain. Like it would be worth staying up until 3 fucking AM and it was. Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaah! I was shattered and so tired too. I was so tired that I honestly dozed off afterwards and woke up today thinking "ahhh, what a nice dream - FF7 remake and Last Guardian followed by my most wanted game ever Shenmue 3. BUT IT IS REAL AND THIS REALITY IF IT IS NOT PLEASE DO NOT EVER WAKE ME UP! Have I gone to heaven? This is unreal.

=D> \:D/ =P~ :king:
by Henry Spencer
Tue Jun 16, 2015 8:49 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Replaying S1 and S2

I was playing Shenmue for a couple hours before the Sony conference started, and I'm continue to play right now.

This is so amazing, I'll be playing a ton of Shenmue 1 and 2 in the coming year+ Fucking new dc and Shenmue game just arrived today. What a day my friends.
by rome
Tue Jun 16, 2015 12:13 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Replaying S1 and S2

I'm planning on replaying them soon. It's been years.
Unlike some, I don't have regular intervals that I play the series at, so it's been on my shelf for a long while. Probably gonna hook up the DC tomorrow and give it a spin. I just hope the old bird still works.
by OL
Tue Jun 16, 2015 12:59 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Yea bud. 4PM GMT for the Nintendo pre show, but i garuntee they talk about Sony more. They have OWNED E3. Its where all the chat will be
by Peter
Tue Jun 16, 2015 9:38 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

My girlfriend and I have just been approved for a mortgage, we've saved half of our deposit with the intention of saving the other half by Christmas. I've not bought a game in months and now there's a signed copy of Shenmue 3 available on Kickstarter for $300. :lol:
by Bambi
Tue Jun 16, 2015 11:34 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Holy mother of GOD, EVERYONE! WE DID IT!!!! I donated $10,000 for a dinner with Yu. I know that's crazy but I couldn't fucking help it.
by LanDC
Tue Jun 16, 2015 2:04 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Well, fuck , guys. I still can't believe this is actually happening. It was around 3am here when I saw the news and watched the trailer, so I was already in bed watching it on my phone, and I was utterly speechless, before cheering and proceeding to be extremely hyper, leaving my boyfriend extremely confused (though he understood once I explained - he's heard me witter on about Shenmue enough times!). I can't believe after all this time it is finally a reality. I was 14 years old when Shenmue II came out...now that I'm a 28 year old with actual responsibilities and stuff, I could only really afford a $29 pledge, but I knew I had to pay at least something. Like many others, I'm not entirely sure about the way Ryo and Shenhua look, but I'm sure this is only something they quickly knocked together for the trailer and they will look more like their old selves in the final game.

But yeah...I kept daydreaming about the day when this would happen (even faintly when I was beginning to lose hope), and now it's actually here...Yu, you magnificent bastard. You can tell how much he cares about us as fans, and in this day and age that is truly refreshing. I've been very cynical about gaming in general lately,, this current generation failing to excite me really, but obviously I must get a PS4 now (I don't think I'll ever have a PC capable of running it in this lifetime!). I'm already getting excited about posting here again and being a part of all the pre-release buzz, where we will no doubt analyse every screenshot and trailer we receive to death and back. And now I can finally play through the first two games without getting depressed :P

It's been a hell of a wait guys, but hopefully it will be worth it. We only went and fucking did it!!! :mrgreen:
by Miles Prower
Wed Jun 17, 2015 2:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What's happened in your life in the past 14 years?

I didn't play Shenmue 1 or 2 14 years go.

I played them in 2006. :p

But, since I did play them? My grandma and grandpa died (different sides of the family, so everyone was affected) around Christmas in 2006. It was the worst Christmas I ever had and its been had for me to enjoy the holiday ever since.

I graduated college.

I got a job, dated people.

I started exploring my sexuality more and managed to admit to myself I like men while also realizing I was transgender. I later transitioned from male to female.

I've focused on my art heavily to achieve my dream of working in animation and so far, let's just say, that goal is going well so far. :)

Next up? Moving to LA. \:D/
by Himuro
Wed Jun 17, 2015 3:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I played Shenmue at the year it came out, 1999 and in Japanese at the time. Since then I went on to move from country to country, got a college degree, a fiancee and witness two business of mine fail lol.
by sand4fish
Wed Jun 17, 2015 3:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Let's see -

*Went to uni, got an English Literature degree
*Got a few full time jobs, the current one being a support worker for people with autism (with shit pay for what it involves)
*Realised I was gay and came out gradually to family and friends
*Moved out of my parents house
*Got a long-term boyfriend, who I currently share a house with
*Started writing a novel, and also currently trying to get a poetry collection published

It's crazy to think all this has happened in my life since Shenmue II came out...and by the time 3 does, I will be 30 years old...goddamn...
by Miles Prower
Wed Jun 17, 2015 3:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

It's crazy to think all this has happened in my life since Shenmue II came out...and by the time 3 does, I will be 30 years old...goddamn...
Don't worry dude I'm in the same boat, we can share being 30 together haha!
Yeah, I forgot we were the same age :lol:
It's also really cool to see the forums this active again...really takes me back to those good old days, browsing the forum on my AOL dial-up connection and having to come off when my parents wanted to use the phone :rotflmao:
by Miles Prower
Wed Jun 17, 2015 4:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Graduated high school. Completed some college. Bounced around from a few jobs. Both my grandparents died in the same week :( . My Celtics won the NBA Finals in 2008. Became involved in my first serious relationship. Sadly got addicted to opiate painkillers :/ what a rough road that's been. Recovery is a bitch. And by the time III comes out I'll be 29 or 30.
by JaySw34
Wed Jun 17, 2015 4:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Graduated grade school, high school, and college. Moved to a bigger city and have my own apartment here that I share with my two kitties. Also realized I'm gay, but I think this happened before the long drought of Shenmue when I realized I was more digitally attracted to Ryo and Ren than Joy and Nozomi. Still working on some longer term goals and dreams, but I've basically lived half my life since I first played Shenmue (I was 13 then and am now 25 - 12 year wait for me). Also discovered a passion for live music and travel and have been on some wild adventures with some truly special friends I've made all over the world.

Shenmue, though, has always been something deeply personal and unique to myself. While I managed to turn a few friends onto the game over the years, there's really no one close to me currently that I was able to share this glorious news with. Except you guys of course! I was never terribly involved and have been mostly inactive for the past 8 years but the fact you're all still here and the Dojo itself is completely in tact makes me smile big.

Its going to be a lot of fun anticipating this release with you all and I'm looking forward to playing some Shenmue this weekend. Now who wants to raid every room in every building of Kowloon and look for Easter eggs?
by Lan Di-sama
Wed Jun 17, 2015 5:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Graduated grade school, high school, and college. Moved to a bigger city and have my own apartment here that I share with my two kitties. Also realized I'm gay, but I think this happened before the long drought of Shenmue when I realized I was more digitally attracted to Ryo and Ren than Joy and Nozomi. Still working on some longer term goals and dreams, but I've basically lived half my life since I first played Shenmue (I was 13 then and am now 25 - 12 year wait for me). Also discovered a passion for live music and travel and have been on some wild adventures with some truly special friends I've made all over the world.

Shenmue, though, has always been something deeply personal and unique to myself. While I managed to turn a few friends onto the game over the years, there's really no one close to me currently that I was able to share this glorious news with. Except you guys of course! I was never terribly involved and have been mostly inactive for the past 8 years but the fact you're all still here and the Dojo itself is completely in tact makes me smile big.

Its going to be a lot of fun anticipating this release with you all and I'm looking forward to playing some Shenmue this weekend. Now who wants to raid every room in every building of Kowloon and look for Easter eggs?

It's so cool to see how everyone is doing today! Glad the Dojo and all of us are here to share the special moment of S3!

Man I remember ya from way back.
by goaliefrk
Wed Jun 17, 2015 5:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Ah quite a lot - got married, tried to immigrate to Japan (Without success), got a daughter, changed jobs, got a car license, two cars, visited Japan over 10 times, learned programming and so on. Not necessarily in that order, but yeah i guess that pretty much sums it up. And just got older.
What restricted you from moving over there? It's one place I have never visited and the revival of Shenmue makes me want to go even more again.

I guess mostly my lack of speaking proper japanese and having the required skills. After the big earthquake economy wasn't really great and besides some iOS, Java and C++ programmers there were barely any job opening available to foreigners at all. I mean if you speak like PERFECT Japanese you have better chances but for me it just wasn't enough. So in the end i just couldn't get any job that paid well enough, that's why we all settled down here in germany in the long run.
by Master Kyodai
Wed Jun 17, 2015 5:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Graduated college, got my first job post-graduation, met a girl, married her. And now we've got the sweetest 21-month-old little girl. Those two ladies are the lights of my life. Now Shenmue 3 is the icing on the cake.
by elfshadowreaper
Wed Jun 17, 2015 5:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

the Knicks sucked then. the Knicks suck now. yet I still watch this horrible basketball team every year
by santino
Wed Jun 17, 2015 6:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Went to college, met my girlfriend. Got a driving license (owned a couple of cars).

Went to University and subsequently dropped out and started working in IT security. Moved down to London (from Yorkshire to Wimbledon) where I still am now. Worked for a number of IT Security consultancies and Visa Europe. Traveled the world speaking at conferences and delivering training, spent 2 months in China and visited Guilin. Hopped over to Hong Kong and visited Man Mo Temple.

Asked my long term girlfriend to marry me. Getting married in August.

I am sure there is more, but since the announcement I can't think straight :D
by ThomasMackenzie
Wed Jun 17, 2015 6:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: If you donated to help Shenmue 3. Please post here.

I raised my pledge from $300 to $500. Is there a way to pledge more? Or do we have to wait and see if the KS campaign adds in extra pledges. I don't care about rewards, I just want to help out as much as I can monetary wise.
by Sonoshee
Wed Jun 17, 2015 7:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Oh man... you have no idea how it feels to see all you old faces. I kind of wonder if the other veterans are around lurking, or if they've moved on with their lives. It feels like a high school reunion though, so awesome :) And it's surreal when you think about how different the world was back then... I remember Miles Prower's dial up connection, we'd always randomly get knocked off :rotflmao:

So in the past 14 years let's see....

-Joined the Dojo in 2002 as a creepy 7th grader who had trouble making (good) friends. It also didn't help that I was the only kid in my school that had a Dreamcast and wasn't pressed for the PS2.
-Met some cool ass people (RyoFromYokosuka, MilesPrower, XDPico, DragonSlayer88)! And despite the lies and propaganda about Shenmue 3, stayed on with the Dojo faithfully through it's upgrade and when the forums split.
-Since I stopped coming around, made more of an effort to make more friends in real life, and subsequently stopped spending as much time on the internet.
-Puberty apparently worked wonders for me as I gained some muscle mass and gained slightly more confidence and began putting myself out there, and eventually began making friends in the real world!
-Finished High School and College with a degree in English Language and Literature (like Miles) and started working in the restaurant industry as a manager.
-Currently working at a shipping company, but plan to get my Masters in Cyber Security and finish writing a fantasy novel with one of my best friends from High School (I am 25 now)

Can we all come back together and make this community better than it was before?! T
by Malik Ishtahl
Wed Jun 17, 2015 7:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

If you want a real nostalgia boost, go to your user panel and view your posts from when you first joined. I'm tearing up a bit reading posts from 2003 about Shenmue III, partly from nostalgia, and partly because my writing was so awful...but hey, I was 13.

ooouhh, here's a fun one from a Dec 2003 "New Year's Resolution" topic:

1-Beat shenmue and shenmue II 15 times each before '05.
2-Get sexier.
I’m afraid that those two are mutually exclusive…

:rotflmao:

I was more ambitious back then.

Oh, and here's Birty's resolution:

To find out ANY form of Shenmue III News....

Good job, buddy! You did it! Slow and steady wins the race.
by Lan Di-sama
Wed Jun 17, 2015 7:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Who remembers Shenmue 2 announcement?

I remember waiting ages to load the QuickTime trailer on my crappy ISDN connection. Watched Xiuying wave her arms about 50 times while waiting for the rest of the trailer to load.

I remember that I would not turn off the pc for almost a week to see that trailer. It was an ordeal because every phonecall could kill the load.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h0Izd2f6k2I

It's giving me the chills

FOR FUCKS SAKE, SHENMUE III IS COMING !!!!
by shredingskin
Thu Jun 18, 2015 11:14 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Dojo Exploded

Okay, so I just checked the webalizer. On June 16th we had 16 million hits, within one day...
by Yama
Fri Jun 19, 2015 1:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Awareness of Shenmue III's financial situation -- Youtub

Adam Koralik is on our side. Expect him to do some videos before the KS ends.
by Ziming
Fri Jun 19, 2015 7:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The reunion topic.

I'm back, hopefully for good this time. Actually got Shenmue setup on nullDC last night and didn't get as much sleep as I should have because of it :). I've only been back on the boards a couple days but the happiness I'm getting from the nostalgia is something else.

I'm in Chicago still, working for a financial firm as a systems admin. Graduated from DePaul University 5 years ago with a degree in Network Engineering. Getting married this October on Halloween and life is going pretty damn well. Can't wait for Shenmue 3 and am very much looking forward to catching up with everyone.

I actually first heard about the Shenmue 3 news right before the Blackhawks won the cup, it was a great night \:D/
by csmakio
Thu Jun 18, 2015 3:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Dude, i'm back on the dojo like a fiend.
by Locke_cole
Sat Jun 20, 2015 5:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Yea bud same here. Stuck in work so can't see if Vash is playing his Shenmue Twitch stream
by Peter
Sat Jun 20, 2015 4:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

DREAMS DO COME TRUE!!

Crying.... yep. Just like i was when Shenmue 3 was announced.

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j290/PeterC2005/Shenmue%203%20dinner_zpsnssnyjmg.png

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j290/PeterC2005/Mobile%20Uploads/Screenshot_2015-07-03-17-11-23_zpsfisfrbbt.png

I'M GOING TO MEET YU SUZUKI IN MONACO!! FUCK!!
by Peter
Fri Jul 03, 2015 12:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Today I introduce my girlfriend to Shenmue!

You should eat her ass out while she plays. That should definitely enhance the experience.
by TwiceFriedRice
Mon Jul 06, 2015 1:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Have her play it on this:

http://i.imgur.com/3MhgJ.jpg

Since she's a woman she will probably just want too do nothing but pet the cat so try to get her past that. Take the controller for the fighting segments since women don't like violence and have been known to faint. Take over for the motorcycle section as she will be sure to crash. Also take over for the forklift sections as that is hardly a job for a lady. Should she choose to buy Wang a drink let her know there is a pink drink, I'm sure she will love that. When Ryo is asking about the car she may get confused as women don't know much about cars and she will have only just got over crying about the cat's mother dying.

Or just let her play it normally by putting the disc in and give her the controller.

Either's fine.
by Riku Rose
Mon Jul 06, 2015 6:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I'm just going to answer this by talking about what I need to do to get my original Shenmue set-up back.

My Dreamcast is in my father's storage in California, supposedly.

The actual games are in my in-law's basement in Chicago.

The sound system I had with the game was left with friends in Hawaii.

I'm not sure at this point whether it would be easier to just buy all new stuff or actually get everything sent to my current location. The sound system stays in Hawaii, because it would be prohibitively expensive to ship.
by 0rganiker
Mon Jul 06, 2015 1:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Sonofabitch threw away a perfectly good Winning Can...

I'll use #YouaskYu to ask Suzuki-san why Wang would throw away a Winning Can.
by Amir
Thu Jul 09, 2015 4:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The new trailer is bad ...

](*,)

The game isn't even in development yet.

How can you say that this looks bad to those new to the series? Are you new to the series?

Judging by the boost in funding since last night, Id hardly say this teaser had a negative impact.

I cannot wait for this campaign to end and for the game to go quietly into production so everyone can quit hyper-analyzing (aka bitching about) everything.
by Lan Di-sama
Wed Jul 15, 2015 8:18 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Well we are up to Disc 3, she has just got a job at just the harbour. She's actually pretty into it, I'm impressed! And my god....she nearly beat Chai with beginners luck I'm not even joking, the fight went on for AGES and she kept catching him with uppercuts! And she has also come across a funny but of dialogue I've never hear before, she was talking to the young Liu-San in the barbers and he just said something like "I tell you what, my hands just ache. They ache every time I see him, I go walking every day and when I see him...I just want to cut Tom's hair, so bad..." :D

EDIT: I mean Chai in the arcade, first fight. The look on her face when she first saw him was priceless, she was disgusted by him haha!
It's Maeda-san ;-)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJd764u8fMc&t=12m50s
by ShenGCH
Mon Jul 13, 2015 6:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic