Search found 200 matches

Return

Re: Shenmue 1080p

THE CHEMIST!

Taken from Wise Mans quarter Chemist shop.

http://www.tankraider.com/userup/1331001869.jpg

The Arcade came out a bit glitched. Dart machine texture is broken and Vending machine is empty. Also some smaller glitches.

http://www.tankraider.com/userup/1331008762.jpg
by Master Kyodai
Mon Mar 05, 2012 3:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I actually spent a few minutes with the chemist to upgrade some materials and lighting. His shop looks much nicer now. Ahhhhh and he didn't even say "thank you". XD

by Master Kyodai
Mon Mar 05, 2012 6:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Yeah just gimme a nullDC savegame with that and imma do a render.

Meanwhile in the Yan Tin Appartments a young man with some letter in his hand shows up. Probably one of these landsharks...

by Master Kyodai
Mon Mar 05, 2012 10:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

As i said - gimme a nullDC savegame and imma do it.

I will try to play a bit deeper into Shenmue 2, but im not really good at playing it on a keyboard.

And here's a wan chai electrical store (Original materials):

by Master Kyodai
Tue Mar 06, 2012 9:20 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Thanks Wude, superb save game.

Okay so here's the first snapshot of floor 2F of the Big Ox building...

http://www.tankraider.com/userup/1331135328.jpg

Still some smaller glitches in it. Interestingly the bodies have no reflection... that's because there is no reflection. Due to the programming technique this rooms floor is not reflective as it looks but rather semi transparent and there's an exact mirror of the room below it. No lighting/material adjustments yet in this shot.

Does anyone have a savegame AFTER the annoying dou niu fight? I'm especially bad at the QTE anyways but with a keyboard i don't stand a chance at all.
by Master Kyodai
Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

And finally my first portrait of Ren. Credits go to Wude for the savegame.

http://www.tankraider.com/userup/1331146471.jpg

Edit: And here's the old "Flowershop at night" scene revisited in 1080p and some minor glitches fixed:

http://www.tankraider.com/userup/1331162326.jpg
by Master Kyodai
Wed Mar 07, 2012 11:10 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

i might re-rip the whole heartbeats scene from "scratch" i guess.

Just finished rendering the flowershop at daytime:

by Master Kyodai
Thu Mar 08, 2012 4:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

If you got the gun, you can shoot Lan Di in Kowloon, when he escapes with the helicopter from the roof...
by Master Kyodai
Sun Aug 17, 2003 8:41 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Random Thoughts! v2.0

Woke up around midnight. Turn on the TV. Its actually like 8 am. Simply forgot to adjust the clock to Japanese time. Opening the fridge. Hot dog and beer. Hot dog goes into the microwave, beer gets opened immediately. Its cold outside. 7 degree celsius. For Tokyo that is quite low. Turning on some music. Tom Jones - She's a lady. Merry xmas to all of you.
by Master Kyodai
Wed Dec 26, 2012 9:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: North Korea clears military attack against the US.

Personally I'd not mind if the U.S. bombed them back to stone age and then makes a big parking lot from the country.
by Master Kyodai
Sat Apr 13, 2013 4:29 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Convenience Store shoppers at night

by Master Kyodai
Sat Apr 13, 2013 10:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Latest Purchases

Midland base camp 446. I felt it would be good to have a 2-way radio with a dynamo crank in case of a zombie outbreak. Well or at least if the batteries are empty.
by Master Kyodai
Mon Apr 15, 2013 5:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Muramasa Rebirth

Lol, when i read the title i thought it was about Senko Muramasa, the legendary swordmaker. But yeah I guess it's unlikely he'd be reborn any time soon...
by Master Kyodai
Mon Apr 15, 2013 5:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ryo Hazuki by First 4 Figures - Preorders now open

MiTT3NZ wrote: Not into this kinda shit, but I'd like a couple of replica mirrors.

Offer on my Phoenix Mirror...

Well yeah lameness, not from Shenmue but from a chinese antique shop...
by Master Kyodai
Tue Apr 30, 2013 4:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: I think this website used Master K's work

Lmao, well kinda accident i guess. I think they just wanted to show a "screenshot" of Shenmue to underline the article, my fault that i made that pic so much in-game alike. Well no claims by me, since imho all props go to SEGA/AM2, without them there would be no master K renderings at all. But yeah kinda funny since it's the 2nd case i know where some webpage reports about Shenmue and accidentially displays one of my renderings as a "screenshot". Well i take it as a compliment XD
by Master Kyodai
Wed May 08, 2013 2:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Logging in and shit

I truly wish noone would ever change their name unless it is a real emergency. In my private forums i made a function so users can only change it once in their lifetime and admins are asked to only do it in truly acceptable emergencies. Just a stupid old man's own 10 cents - so disregard my opinion if you dislike it. But personally I usually have problems keeping track of who is who if people change their name often. In my forums i often had old members i simply didn't "know" because they changed their name and avatar on a regular base. But yeah prolly just my personal problem that i lacked time to keep track of all name changes. </rant>
by Master Kyodai
Thu May 09, 2013 5:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Three best friends on vacation in Venice...

by Master Kyodai
Sun May 12, 2013 5:52 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue on Oculus Rift

To be fair here - Ryudo is pretty right. There's not much that differs from the 90s VR helmets. If you had a 1994 Forte VFX-1 you get pretty much exactly the same thing, just better Field of View and resolution. And the current dev kit versions aren't even HD. But when the final version comes out in full-HD (or even 720p) I'd consider buying one, but yeah I have a big collection of VR Helmets at home, not saying it's for everyone, but Skyrim on the dev oculus already looked promising. I just hope the Viero drivers will soon support more games. I think Fallout 3 and GTA IV would be fun on these.
by Master Kyodai
Sun May 12, 2013 12:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue on Oculus Rift

I've had VR helmets since the first "consumer" priced ones came out in the mid 90s. Seen their raise and fall. Back then they were pretty much gimmickery because the normal consumer could barely afford then, they were a bit impractical (Large, heavy, not portable) and few games supported them.

I think for the oculus it's pretty much the same. If they manage to bring out a kinda "universal" driver, like something that hooks onto the nvidia stereo driver or so then maybe it would have at least some support. Last time i checked the vireio perception driver supported something like 7 (in words: SEVEN) games, let it be 10 now, but that's not so impressive. I won't be an oracle telling you about the future of that device, but if it wanna have some they better get some decent game support soon.

If you regard it as a gimmick or not... I actually do. Most people do. And if apple or google would release it it would instantly be a "hit" not a gimmick. But yeah so far I wouldn't be surprised if I am among the very few buying that thing. The only fact thaat saves it here is that unlike 1994 Forte VFX-1 VR Helmet it is not supposed to come with a 2000 Dollar price tag. So maybe it will gather some fans simply because it will be affordable?
by Master Kyodai
Sun May 12, 2013 4:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Playing Dreamcast on an HDTV

I'd like to see a comparison like "NullDC true 1080p Shenmue vs upscaled conversion box DC Shenmue". I'm curious if the difference is visible at all, so far the upscaled version looks pretty nice. But if you have a PC with HDMI out NullDC is maybe the cheaper solution although not always 100% glitch free.
by Master Kyodai
Mon May 13, 2013 4:21 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ryo model from Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing mod for GTA

Lmao, that GTA IV Ryo model really looks nice. Well seems Ryo is not really a good driver...
by Master Kyodai
Sun May 12, 2013 3:54 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rich people hiring crippled "tours guides" to skip at Di

Kinda unfair, but if they "donate" a thousand dollars to a disabled person that also might enjoy the day a little bit (I guess they just need the disabled person at the entrance...) maybe it's not the worst outcome for them. Not saying it's great but at least the money goes somehow into the correct pockets here...
by Master Kyodai
Tue May 14, 2013 4:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Couldn't resist to buy that Fujitsu F-07C. It's sold as a "phone" but actually comes with an Intel ATom Processor and runs windows 7. Smallest X86 Notebook ever made. Trackball, multitouch display, GPS, wifi, SSD, you name it. pretty cool device. Never had a computer that was sooooo small. Totally love it...

http://www.tankraider.com/userup/1370935306.jpg
by Master Kyodai
Mon Jun 10, 2013 5:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue Bicycle Mod Project by James Reiner (Progress Vi

I think maybe there could even be different approaches for the Bike mod. OK I'm mainly just guessing here, but possible approaches that came to my mind:

- Replace the Motion data from Ryos walking to the bike motion data. Not sure about the format in S1, in Shenmue 2 you have seperate .mot files for some motions. In Shenmue 1 i think the motions get switched in mapinfo.bin, quote from a Whats Shenmue mapinfo "FTLK: Set motion %d to %s 2"

- Maybe it's also in the 1st_read.bin, if you search the 1st read.bin of Whats Shenmue for "BIKE" you find a reference. Other references in 1st read i suggest at least looking at are "BikeRoot" (I think that might be the definition of the bike) and "Mo_HoldBike" (I think maybe thats the motion for sitting on the bike).

- Edit the motion.bin. Prolly the hardest part since that file is not really human readable. But the 1st read refers to it, i think it refers to hex codes for the start byte to read from if i understand it right.
by Master Kyodai
Sat Jun 15, 2013 4:08 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Sushi bar near come over guesthouse

by Master Kyodai
Sat Jun 15, 2013 1:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Iwao's Scroll | Welcome Edition

Nice idea, but a bit too much speculation for my taste. Would have been nice to see some real world background info about scrolls or mirrors (as antiques) instead of being like "I claim the mirrors are scrolls, too". I have many old japanese scrolls at my home and also some ancient chinese mirrors in my possession (Though the mirrors are made of metal, not of stone - as pretty much all real mirrors that the shenmue ones were based on). Personally I'd have wished more research and less self-made mythology. But oh well, if the majority of readers is pleased then i guess that's what counts. Still i like the idea, personally hoping for a stronger next issue.
by Master Kyodai
Sat Jun 15, 2013 1:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Random Thoughts

Finally got married. Not always easy. But then again I'm getting too old to like the idea of dieing alone.
by Master Kyodai
Sat Jun 15, 2013 2:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Random Thoughts

Thanks a lot. Nah dun think I will leave the dojo. I still gotta go to work and got some time to burn there... But yeah my wife is not really a Shenmue fan, actually she never played it. But well maybe she will. In Japan we played Ryu ga gotoku 3 on PS3 together. Well I did the fighting stuff and she translated some phrases from the thugs ("I feel like Ramen").
by Master Kyodai
Sat Jun 15, 2013 4:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Iwao's Scroll | Welcome Edition

Ah well it wasn't meant to be harsh. Just my opinion. Well I probably have too many (real) scrolls myself to agree to the statement that they "symbolize an element of mystery and wonder within the world". Fact is that in the game they rather symbolize written knowledge as "learning" a new technique from a scroll is highly desirable during the course of the game. Another aspect of them as written knowledge is the one in the Hazuki Dojo (the decorative one) which simply says "Keep your mind as clear as a polished mirror". Although Shenmue 3 was planned to reveal much more magic and mysticism the original 2 games merely give a hint at the end of Shenmue 2. I also don't agree on the part that the mirrors must be read and understood like scrolls. That's a bit like comparing the scrolls to Hang on, I mean come on you also must master hang on to be good at it?

The real role of the mirrors would have been revealed in Shenmue 3 - but since the majority of users here does not like the "mystic & magic" touch i fear few people would like it. if you want a big spoiler of their real role then watch the Shenmue Online CG trailer. In a nutshell they were supposed to be remote controls for giant monsters. Ah yeah okay, i guess it's time to duck down, i can already see the beer bottles flying in my direction...
by Master Kyodai
Sat Jun 15, 2013 4:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The whole notion of having things in common is overrated, I think. It may sound silly to anyone with an ultramodern mindset, but think about it: people used to fall in love and get married all the time without having similar interests in something as trite as entertainment . Yet nowadays -- ridiculously -- that seems to be one of the major things people look for.

We've grown as people together. We surprise one-another. We give eachother experiences that we both may never have had if we didn't meet. And we want to keep doing all of these things.
All of that is much more important than relating to eachother over tv or videogames.

Also what Rakim said.

Hell yeah, if it was about finding someone who got loads of stuff in common with me I'd better had married Ryudo or so. my wife doesn't like sci-fi, she doesn't like Action movies, she doesn't like Shenmue and she's not even into motorc<ycles or sports cars. I can't even tell what it's about, but i have a feeling OL expressed it pretty well already. Oh well all that plus good sex (30 seconds count, too!) and making each other laugh sometimes. Actually i think if my wife also liked Jagged Alliance 2 I'd be scared... 8-[
by Master Kyodai
Wed Jun 19, 2013 5:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Got any questions for a Shenmue game designer?

ShenmueTree wrote: Maybe we should have asked for him to hold up a note to prove that it was truly him in that photo?

In any case, guy is gone in the wind.

Put a shoe on your head!
by Master Kyodai
Wed Jun 19, 2013 5:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Got any questions for a Shenmue game designer?

That guy must lick escalator handrails to pull that with us. How heartbroken can we be after that already happenned to us 47587394579347 times? Still... MAN THE MACHINE GUNS!
by Master Kyodai
Wed Jun 19, 2013 5:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Have you given up or still hopeful?

I got less and less hopeful over the years. Not saying it's impoossible but at least very unlikely. I think even the trolls have given up. Ages since i last read someone being like "OMG, I WORK AT SEGA AND PLAYED SHENMUE 3!".
by Master Kyodai
Sun Jun 23, 2013 6:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Chungking Mansions

There's a good Wong Kar Wai Movie called "Chungking mansion". In the WKW Flic "Fallen Angels" the father of the mute guy is also working in chungking mansions. I recommend both movies if ya wanna get a glimpse of what it's like.
by Master Kyodai
Tue Jun 25, 2013 4:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Personally i think the Bike mod might even be easier than we suppose. Probably just a line commented out in 1st_read.bin or so. The old whats Shenmue one might be the be the best bet since it is the oldest one. I don't think they did rocket science to take it out. there's so much unused stuff in the files and some NPC ride a bike as well. the timeline between that old VHS video demo where Ryo rides a bike and the whats Shenmue Demo is not too long... Anyways, I think there's several approaches to this, not sure which one would be the easiest. Hardest part is understanding stuff like 1st_read.bin and such, but once you edited it successfully you can prolly stremline the process so you try out mods at a pace like sausages get processed in a hot dog factory...
by Master Kyodai
Thu Jul 18, 2013 5:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Lan Di Real time Ray tracer

Well this just came out of boredom. Was playing a bit with Mr. Bikkers Real Time Raytracing engine. Pretty useless but for me it was fun to toy around with it.

W,A,S,D -->Move around
R,F --> Up and down
Cursor keys --> Turn camera

The Raytracing is really slow compared to the GPU based engines. SO to get a good picture you have to stand still for a while...

http://www.tankraider.com/userup/1376032499.jpg

DOWNLOAD:

http://www.tankraider.com/userup/1376382987.zip

Version 1.1:

http://www.tankraider.com/userup/1376417638.zip

Ver 1.2 - Now 2 exe: One with Depth of Field and one without it.

http://www.tankraider.com/userup/1376524144.zip
by Master Kyodai
Fri Aug 09, 2013 2:09 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Lan Di Real time Ray tracer

OK, new Version that includes all debug dlls and manifest files. AT least this one worked on my test machine.

http://www.tankraider.com/userup/1376382987.zip
by Master Kyodai
Mon Aug 12, 2013 4:06 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Lan Di Real time Ray tracer

Well yeah i guess it won't qualify as a "game engine". The whole gag here is that it is not a typical DirectX 3D engine based on Transform and Lighting but rather a real raytracing that accurately traces every single ray of light to give physically accurate reflections and shadows. More of a toy than anything else. Think of it as "3D Studio max for homeless people".
by Master Kyodai
Mon Aug 12, 2013 4:36 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Diary update:

Found another place where absolutely no sailors hang around. I get a feeling they just hide from me.

by Master Kyodai
Tue Jan 26, 2010 4:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Eurogamer: 'Shenmue 3 as close to being announced.....

WHAT, YOU LEFT MANCHESTER??? LIES!!!

Lol, just kidding.

Well the article, neither discouraging nor encouraging i guess. Maybe we are indeed a little bit closer to Shenmue 3. Feels better than being closer to Shenmue Online or Shenmue Gai 2... Well after over a decade i guess the only article that could really make us drool would be a Preview or at least a HD remake of the first 2 games... I guess we've all just had way too many encouraging articles over the past 12 years.
by Master Kyodai
Mon Apr 14, 2014 1:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I'm not sure if the memory address changes are the best approach. I would probably try finding the references in the files and hex edit these. That way the hack can also be distributed easily and should be much more stable.

I might be wrong but i believe that pretty much all bike motions are in SCENE\01\FREE\M_BIKE.BIN... If you look at the first 1024 bytes it already gives the descriptors for the content. So "AKI" is actually Ryo. You can see references to the motorcycle motions - i think "AKI_TAOSU_FOR_TURN180_AMERICANBIKE_F" for example is a 180 degree turn on the motorcycle. What is interesting is that there is also a "AKI_TAOSU_C_TURN180_JITENSYA"... Well if you don't speak Japanese that doesn't mean much but "Jitensha" means "bicycle", like one without an engine.

My memory is foggy, but i think Ryo pulls the 180 degree turn when he has to race the motorcycle to get Nozomi, right?
Since the beginning of that file is kinda index i guess it would be suitable to just swap "AKI_TAOSU_FOR_TURN180_AMERICANBIKE_F" and "AKI_TAOSU_C_TURN180_JITENSYA" and see if Ryo suddenly does the 180 degree turn on a bicycle instead of a motorcycle. AT least taht's what i would try first since it's easy to pull off - maybe 20 minutes of work, it won't affect the file size and thus be pretty safe and it would shed some light on these motion files. A second step would be to swap all motorcycle related ones with bicycle ones and see what will come out.

Another thing to look into would be the M_FREE.BIN in the same dir. These are the normal motions - like "AKI_AKI_SUWARU" (Ryo Sit). Obviously there must be some reference to these, prolly in the scene file scripts or main binary. Swapping these references successfully would mean you could make Ryo ride a bike instead of sitting.

The 1st_read.bin also holds many interesting things - since it is kinda "main exe" for Shenmue loads of manipulation can be done here. You did a good job at editing the beta disc, so take a look at its 1st_read...

If you search a bit you can find a line starting with "NL_POINTXZ BikeRoot%02d[]"...

A few lines above that is something like "NL_POINT3 Root%02d[]=", why not try swapping that, so it will be "NL_POINT3 BikeRoot%02d[]=" and "NL_POINTXZ Root%02d[]", see what happens? ALso around that area in the 1st_read you will see more interesting stuff... "JUMP CHARA(Now Dead)", so obviously they originally had jumping in the game as well...

Also search for "Mo_InitBikePos" a few lines under that spot. Maybe you can swap "Mo_ExecSit" with "Mo_InitBikePos" to make Ryo ride a bike instead of sitting here...

I think there are still a few things left to try out with hex editing and it is probably easier than memory juggling.

MOTION.BIN in the MOTION directory might also be a place to try some edits. Try swapping "AKI_AKI_PUSH_DOOR" and "AKI_AKI_PULL_DOOR", can you make Ryo pushing doors instead of pulling them? Might look funny... But easy testing to see what you can get done here...

Another very interesting find:

compare MISC\CM_D000.BIN and SCENE\01\D000\CYCLEMAN.BIN - same size. Same file? Nearly i would say. Maybe swapping these two would be worth a shot?

D000\MPK00.PKS also seems interesting, if you search for "BIKE" it reveals some QTE motions...

M_FREE.BIN might also be worth taking a look at. Try swapping "AKI_ORIRU_FORKLIFT_F" and "AKI_AKI_BIKE3_LP" ?
by Master Kyodai
Tue May 06, 2014 4:42 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue Forklift Mod - Solution Inside

If you wanna see the references mapinfo.bin uses then just search for the keyword "/scene/" in the file. There you should come up with something like "/scene/03/D000/" if it uses data from Dobuita map for example.

The mapinfo is not really cleartext as you noticed so it is much speculation to talk about the structure of the file. From my understanding the top part defines the placement of models in the scene (But I am guessing here) and around the bottom there is "scene initialization" data, like "Which music track is played?", which seqdata files are laoded (Scripting for scene events!!!), where is ryo placed when he enters the scene, and so on.

On the first look the PKS/PKF files look a bit uninteresting since they are merely a better "zip file", most just contain models for the scene. However, some also contain the important sequence (Scene scripting) files which control most scripted behaviour, these will definitely also be worth looking into.
by Master Kyodai
Wed Jun 18, 2014 4:20 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Definitely looking forward to any updates. I am sure even that even if you don't succeed immediately you will find out interesting stuff to tweak or hack if you keep going. Keep up the good work!
by Master Kyodai
Wed Jun 18, 2014 3:42 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Selling/buying thread ??

This just ain't ebay. I mean if it's some really rare collectables related to Shenmue i guess you could interest people here. The big problem is that when you start to allow selling stuff here on a big scale then sooner or later you have some scammers on board that just run away with your money and there is no way Yama could compensate you and we hate having people whining around here. So if you just wanna sell random console games or stuff then it's probably best to just put them on ebay or so. That way you will also have much more people seeing what you have to offer and thus a way better chance of getting it sold.
by Master Kyodai
Mon Aug 18, 2014 11:58 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic