Search found more than 1671 matches

Return

Re: What Song Are You Listening To Now?

I just ordered a book of Dick Dale guitar tabs, and I'm pretty sure this is in it. Always been one of my favorite tracks from him. Not like I'll be able to learn the whole thing out of a book, but it'll be fun to mess around with some of the basic licks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pt0NCpSwPHY
by OL
Wed Jul 04, 2018 12:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Random Gaming Thoughts (Read OP Before Posting)

Thanks for the recommendations, and keep them coming

Probably one of the most interesting and unique games I've played this gen is a little sleeper called Echo. It's stealth, and I'm not sure how you feel about that, but the mechanics are a good deal more individual than the genre usually aims for.
Basically the protagonist is trying to navigate her way through this strange sci-fi palace that seems to have scanned and created copies of her. As you make your way through an area, the palace takes note of what movements and actions you take -- running, ducking, jumping over things, opening doors, walking through water, shooting -- and begins to apply those actions to its copies. Essentially whatever you do, the copies learn to do as well, which means you can make things easier or harder on yourself depending on what actions you decide to utilize.
It's very odd and challenging, and as you can see the aesthetics are generally very unique and surreal as well. It's not horror necessarily, but there is a very unnerving quality to the whole thing.
I haven't finished it quite yet, but it still stands out to me as one of the best of the "unknown and underappreciated" this gen. It's definitely available on Steam and PS4 (I bought it for both). Not sure about the Xbox.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zG5Lh7Uu-EA
by OL
Tue Jul 24, 2018 8:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: "My money!"

In the beginning of Shenmue II, did anyone else spend 499 yen out of 500 on buying up figurines before leaving the starting area?

It's not yen, is it? Been a while since I played, but I'm pretty sure he'd converted his money to HK dollars at the beginning of the game.

Also when I read the title for this topic, my first thought was actually Echigoya dying in the first Tenchu.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WTL4Nx_FJc4&t=2m35s
Yeah, I'm old.
by OL
Thu Jul 26, 2018 3:34 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Yakuza series

Weirdest thing here: I tried the demo for Kiwami 2, and was thinking I was going to be ridiculously overcome with nostalgia and ear-to-ear grins... but it just didn't really happen. Seeing everything in the newest engine just doesn't really do it for me like I thought it would. Turns out the original PS2 character models are a big part of the charm for me, I guess.

Which got me to thinking how awesome it would be if they included the original models as alternate costumes (sort of like how the PS1 model of Snake was available in MGSV: Ground Zeroes), even if only as DLC or something.
Won't happen, but that still would have been amazing to see.
by OL
Thu Jul 26, 2018 4:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic