Search found more than 4680 matches

Return

Re: Devil May Cry series

I was more referring to what they were doing with the environment, and that boss fight. At least it was different.

The whole "social and political commentary" thing is just meh. Sounds like another desperate attempt at making the game "edgy". DMC really doesn't need it, and it will just be so weak that it might as well not even be there in the first place. If I want political satire I'm not going to play DMC for it lol. It's also kinda funny that a game which is such a clear victim of the times, and ripe for satire itself (with its "edgy" bummy looking character's, and cringe worthy swearing to look "cool") is attempting to mock anyone else.

Aside from that, it looks pretty slick but just not very appealing to me. I'm not really angry or bothered about it's existence though, it may have DMC on the box and use characters with same name, but it's a completely new game and doesn't tarnish the good memories I had with the old ones. Besides, it sort of felt like the series peaked with 3 and wasn't really going anywhere, anyway. I don't think Capcom in it's current form could legitimately challenge Bayonetta and the other Platinum games which now rule supreme over the genre. Platinum seem to be the the only one's who still have that magic touch with it.
by mue 26
Tue Aug 28, 2012 8:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Yakuza series

Good man. Binary Domain is a good game, too.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B005ILCR48/r ... B005ILCR48

£9. Ridiculous really..
by Crimson Ryan
Wed Aug 29, 2012 5:57 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Nier:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/offer-listing/B003922WQQ/ref=dp_olp_used?ie=UTF8&condition=used

Valkyria Chronicles:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sega-Valkyria-Chronicles-PS3/dp/B00197U1G6/ref=sr_1_2?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1346245135&sr=1-2

Alpha Protocol:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sega-Alpha-Protocol-PS3/dp/B001AQ2RHC/ref=sr_1_1?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1346245244&sr=1-1
by Henry Spencer
Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:01 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Anyone have a Vita?

The console is amazing, just needs games is all.
by Yama
Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:55 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Hitman Series

Now for Ubisoft to do the same about Ironside... But yeah, I've bumped ACIII for this after seeing Contracts mode. This is probably the only game I'll go on for a full year when it's out.
by MiTT3NZ
Wed Aug 29, 2012 2:56 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re:

Bluecast wrote:I boycott the whole idea of saying "I'm leaving" I'm back"

Just freaking go and shut up and when ready come back and post as normal.

Otherwise it's lame. IMO

Fucking lol
by QWERTY
Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:58 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Anyone want me to create them a new avatar or sig using photoshop? Give me the subject and what you might want in it, I'll create it if it is a good idea. Better yet, if you think someone has a shit avatar or sig that needs a serious cosmetic makeover, let me know and I will make it for them. Then Yama will edit their profile and force them to use it. :twisted:

PS - OL can vouch for my sig skills.
by Joe Pesci
Wed Aug 29, 2012 3:29 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: I win I lose I win you win. I'm not Dave Chappelle

I'm happy for you gettin your disability benefits. Truly, I am. Just make sure it goes on real shit and not ultimate collectors editions of games. And I'd much rather you save that money you plan on spending on any of us and spend it on your mam instead.
by MiTT3NZ
Wed Aug 29, 2012 2:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: So, Martin's Unbanned..

There there, lil' tyke. Have some bubblegum.
by Kenny
Wed Aug 29, 2012 3:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: So, Martin's Unbanned..

Kenny wrote:
Spokane wrote:It's about time you came back, now stay bitch.

These are starting to sound like the little kid who's trying so hard to hang with the big kids.

Screw you Kenny.
by Spokane
Wed Aug 29, 2012 3:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

It's posting on a message board. Where, where does the stress come in? Stop surrounding yourself with drama.
by mrandyk
Wed Aug 29, 2012 3:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Superman

Seriously man, when are you gonna start up your own site? The rate you post news you wouldn't even need any help.
by MiTT3NZ
Thu May 09, 2013 4:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I wasn't talking technology. I mean something real. Something proper. Clothes, furniture, taking her out for a nice dinner at a restaurant, the world isn't limited to pixels.
by MiTT3NZ
Wed Aug 29, 2012 4:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AVATARS AND SIGS

No offense guys but all of this is getting slightly pathetic. I guess things haven't really cooled down that much... As I said in another topic. It's like some bitterness hanging around which wasn't there before.
by ys
Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Metal Gear series

Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes has been revealed by series creator Hideo Kojima.

The franchise boss unveiled the new title during an event marking the 25th anniversary of the Metal Gear series.

Ground Zeroes runs in the new Fox Engine. Twitter reports from the event state that real-time footage of the game was shown in action, leaving many in the audience suitably impressed.

"Well other people are talking about it so... next Metal Gear shown, and it looks F***ing HOT," one user wrote.

"Snake crawled, avoiding searchlights, killed guard, rode jeep, called in helicopter for evac," said another. "Sounds like Metal Gear, but the scale & atmosphere... Wow."

The demo was reportedly running on PC at current-gen specs, according to a third person in the audience.

The section ended with the player being airlifted to safety in a helicopter playing Ride of the Valkyries, Famitsu added.

Kojima also used the event to confirm a Metal Gear Solid film, to be produced by Marvel producer Avi Arad for Columbia Pictures.

Metal Gear Solid: Social Ops, a mobile game for GREE was also shown.

Hideo Kojima is set to speak in public again at the Eurogamer Expo next month. We're very excited.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-08-30-metal-gear-solid-ground-zeroes-revealed

http://images.eurogamer.net/2012/articles//a/1/5/1/0/0/9/0/rm7dp.jpg.jpg/EG11/resize/300x-1

http://images.eurogamer.net/2012/articles//a/1/5/1/0/0/9/0/2.jpg.jpg/EG11/resize/600x-1

Eagle-eyed fans have pegged the below images as being of Solid Snake mentor Big Boss, whose 1970s exploits were chronicled in previous Metal Gear Solid installments.

You can just about make out the strap of his eye-patch and the Militaires Sans Frontières logo on his arm.

Hideo Kojima previously stated he'd like to return to the character for "Metal Gear Solid 5", and had ideas for a game involving the World War Two Normandy landings.

"Metal Gear Solid 4 wrapped up in 2008, and the dev team took post-project time off right after that," Kojima said last year. "But, of course, we were in a situation where we had to start planning for MGS5. So I started coming up with several ideas.

"I had several ideas for a game featuring The Boss and the Cobra Unit during the invasion of Normandy. I then handed these plans over to the team so they could take over and make the game."
by Riku Rose
Thu Aug 30, 2012 9:17 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Batman 3

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fLyoog562x4[/youtube]
by Bambi
Thu Aug 30, 2012 7:04 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

So I played around a little bit, AXM. What do you think?

Image'

Any recommendations for improvements?
by Joe Pesci
Thu Aug 30, 2012 4:43 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

You heard The Gingefners, now it he shall be Jew Pesci, and this shall be his avatar.
by Joe Pesci
Thu Aug 30, 2012 5:17 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Psygnosis (developers of wipEout) shut down by Sony

Just stumbled across this:

http://archigram.westminster.ac.uk/

http://archigram.westminster.ac.uk/img/prj_thumbs/935_medium.jpg

Postmodern architectural magazine/project from the 60s, Archigram. This is apparently where much of The Designers Republic got their inspiration from for the WipEout artwork. All created in pen and paper back then too.

http://img28.imageshack.us/img28/8294/wipeout3.jpg
by QWERTY
Thu Aug 30, 2012 11:48 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

@OL

It has nothing to do with his films being entertaining. And I won't say that they're not. Because to be quite honest I am entertained by them. I just love to hate Nolan. He adds a valuable asset to the prism with which I perceive movies. I just think his films have a lot of the same conventions of say, Michael Bay, but because he dresses it up with some photorealistic elements and melodrama he doesn't receive even close to the same stigmatic backlash that Bay does.

Also, we all really are film students. ;)
by Joe Pesci
Thu Aug 30, 2012 2:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

About Blake:

I think that thing with the Robin reveal at the end is being taken far too seriously. To me, that's just a little nod, like a joke from Nolan. It's mentioned and then quickly disposed with "Hey you should change your name to Robin!!" "Ah yeh whatever."

I thought the character fitted in well. For the whole movie, he is pretty much Robin. Just not in costume. And to me that plays so much stronger to what that movie is all about, with the rise against Bane and the others. Because all Bruce Wayne wanted, as he said in the first movie and even reflects in this one, was that he wanted to inspire people and wanted to say that anyone could be Batman. And so here then in this movie you have this regular guy, who's even less fortunate than Bruce was, being inspired by Batman and just being good to people, providing hope when there wasn't any, and just looking out for his fellow man. He goes as far as Batman without being in costume and I think that couldn't have been handled better to close that aspect of the trilogy in all honesty.

Is it the best movie ever? No. Is it the best of the trilogy. No. But is it a good action blockbuster? Absolutely.
by Tuffty
Thu Aug 30, 2012 3:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

^I seem to remember a teaser trailer with Snake trying to hide and stuff was falling down with the tagline No Place to Hide. Is that what you're referring to?

Anyway, the setting of MGS5 doesn't sound like a bad idea. I just wanted them to let the series end. Hopefully it's still stealth based. There was a time where I would be really excited about this. Now I just feel skeptical. I guess I've had too many of my favorite Japanese series ruined/changed/cancelled/etc.
That's the one. There was a joke where Snake was dressed as Sam Fisher sneaking in the dark. Funny that..
by Crimson Ryan
Thu Aug 30, 2012 1:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Anyway, the setting of MGS5 doesn't sound like a bad idea. I just wanted them to let the series end.

Konami just don't have a choice. It's either make money or get in shit and put the company in trouble financially.

I honestly don't know why it bothers people just stick to the games in the series you love and enjoy them for what they are.
by Riku Rose
Thu Aug 30, 2012 6:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I think it's just the way I view things. I'm able to watch just the first 3 Indiana Jones movies and not bother with the 4th. It's not something that annoys me I don't see the point in getting annoyed. Should I ever get bored of MGS or some other series I'll just stop and should I go back I'll just play the games I like.
by Riku Rose
Thu Aug 30, 2012 7:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I love stealth games and have no idea why I haven't got into Thief or MGS...
by MiTT3NZ
Thu Aug 30, 2012 8:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Bays TMNT --- They come from space

Apple products? As in the fruit?

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dEZVZ-2k6Po[/youtube]
by Thief
Fri Aug 31, 2012 1:23 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Bays TMNT --- They come from space

No Turtles film can be done "right" coz of how many different iterations there are. The comic version's fuckin shite with too much outer-space, aliens, and interstellar technological crap. The original cartoon was funny, but had no real substance. The Next Mutation was awful. Films were at least entertaining, and the 03 cartoon was gettin it right til it followed the comics into outer space.

The Turtles are beyond saving, despite any faithful remakes or total reboots, coz nobody has a concrete idea of what the Turtles is. They know who the characters are, but aside from the 80s cartoon intro and TMNT vs Shredder, nobody knows their story. Coz they don't have an interesting one aside from that. And what's the point in constantly rehashing the whole "let's defeat the foot and the Shredder, now let's discover our origin story" over and over and over again?

...and I still reckon fanboys were bleedin from their minges about Bay. He was producing, Eastman or Laird were writing the script, and someone else was directing. If anything, Bay would be the most reliable member of staff there, coz the original Turtles writers were god awful.
by MiTT3NZ
Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:44 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I made this for Sailors?

by Riku Rose
Thu Aug 30, 2012 8:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Arguments

not arsed.
by beedle
Thu Aug 30, 2012 7:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: jak and daxter

I plan on getting the HD collection sometime soon.
by Spokane
Fri Aug 31, 2012 4:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: dev comment of the day topic

HE SAID: "LET HIS QUOTE SAY IT ALL!"

Surely you heard that? You're getting deaf in your old age.
by Henry Spencer
Fri Aug 31, 2012 5:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The Unfinished Swan

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CwuSotCGvlU[/youtube]
by Who Really Cares?
Sat Sep 01, 2012 5:59 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Hitman Series

Good someone else posted in the topic rather than just me bumping it.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6h8FiBCyV4M[/youtube]
by Who Really Cares?
Sat Sep 01, 2012 6:31 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Arguments

Who Really Cares? wrote:Image

This is my favorite gif of all time. I sooooooooo wish I was black.
by KiBa
Sat Sep 01, 2012 1:37 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Final Fantasy

Hatred is a useless emotion and a waste of time. I'm done hating any game just not care or dislike some but not wasting my time hating a game new old released or not. I'm not big on the idea of another FFXIII but so many other great RPG's you can enjoy if FF is not doing it for you anymore. Why waste time hating a bunch of code? That alone is pretty pathetic and stupid. Don't like it then play something else. For those who want to play this more power to them :)
by Bluecast
Sat Sep 01, 2012 3:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What Anime are you watching right now?

I also found it weird how it transitioned from him being basically invincible to becoming a "barely better than the enemy" fighter, I understand how they can make it so he meets his match later on but through the entire beginning he's basically untouchable and in the huge steam powered thingy he gets shot by a couple of random guards while the leader doesn't even touch him in the dual
by south carmain
Sat Sep 01, 2012 3:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

So Versus XIII won't be at TGS, supposedly.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=489500

"We can't show it, it's now FF XIII-2 time"
"We can't show it, it's now Kingdom Hearts 3D time"
"We can't show it, it's now FF XIII-3 time"
"We can't show it, it's now FF XIV's remake's time"
"We can't show it, it's now FF XV time"

etc, etc. lol
by Henry Spencer
Sat Sep 01, 2012 3:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Well, despite the popularity contest, they've both been in development for hellishly long now. And when your line manager/producer leaves a project...that doesn't bode well.

They'll both come out. They'll just be finished by Gearbox, and criticized for being behind the times. ;-)

lol.

Yeah, they're both Duke Nukem Forever: Japan Edition now. I have no doubt they'll come out, just that they will come out very late into the PS3's lifecycle. It's not like I don't have enough games to go on, or anything, but man, I would have really liked to see either Last Guardian or Versus XIII at TGS this year. At least we're guaranteed a good bit of Atlus goodness though this TGS.
by Henry Spencer
Sat Sep 01, 2012 4:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

People thought MGS looked amazing visually then MGS2 was out of this world then MGS4 no way visuals can look like that. In 3-4 years it won't look so amazing to most. Some will complain like Elders Scrolls Oblivion looks too old. :P Truth be told I'm more impressed with Yakuza can pull off.
by Bluecast
Sun Sep 02, 2012 1:12 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I'm almost done with Y3. I miss only one trophy and I didn't get it yet only because I lost my system data and had to start all over again, lol.

I had a blast with it, but it wasn't the blast of my life, sadly. The Yakuza/RGG series is way beyond Shenmue as far as storytelling and characterization are concerned. Seriously, it makes Shenmue look like a totally amateurish stuff when it comes to those aspects. Unfortunately, even on PS3, the Yakuza games play far less excitingly than Shenmue. The mechanics found in Shenmue are rock-solid to this day, whereas the Yakuza games' mechanics are sloppy as hell, unpolished, uninspired and - to quote that stupid DmC reboot - generally nauseating. I already invested a lot of my time in Y4 and I know that it improves on the Y3 gameplay formula by a great deal, but it's still not up to the challenge of surpassing Shenmue. Not even close. It's also a fact that Shenmue's OST is a true masterpiece while the Yakuza OSTs vary from average to good.

In a nutshell, I have these strange feels towards the Yakuza series... In one way, it's way better than Shenmue ever was, but in many other ways it's far worse, kinda like its poor cousin.

One way or another, it's amazing to have Kazzy and the funky bunch.
by Dorian
Sat Sep 01, 2012 4:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

@OL: I'm looking forward to FFXIV and that's it from Square Japan. The publishing side though? One of the best publishers this gen., they've given me Nier, Deus Ex: Human Revolution, Valkyrie Profile: Covenant of the Plume, Sleeping Dogs, Kane & Lynch, and Hitman is out soon, Army Corps of Hell will probably be my first purchase for PSVita and I still need to pick up Lufia for DS sometime. Overall, top tier publishing.
by Henry Spencer
Sat Sep 01, 2012 4:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic