Search found 393 matches

Return

Happy 2013, I brought free DLC for who reads this first

Hi Guys,

I've been gone for a while as I have been working on my latest Linux distribution.

I began managing our video game distribution budget at my job and got a lot of DLC codes when I bought games for my library here in Princeton. I do not believe in having to pay for DLC so I will be releasing codes that I receive from developers and resellers.

I used some of them but here is what's left for you all to use if you want!

Xbox 360
Assassins Creed 3 "Captain of the Aquila and Boarding Axe bonus."= 3XM-XWUJ-FRUM-KLXA-EXGA

Playstation 3
Hitman Absolution: Bartoli Custom Pistol and High Tech Suit= 56AF-8JN5-JQ2M
Resident Evil 6: High Seas Fortress Stage = 4MLH-D4NE-4T33
Dead or Alive 5 DOA Devils black bunny swimsuits = H392-3HN3-B3GT
Madden 2013: NFL Legends Joe Gibbs and Lawrence Taylor= PBAG-E2N6-9EAR
Amazing Spider Man: Stan Lee Adventure Pack= A6G7-4KNK-4BP9
Madden 2012:Andrew Luck Future Stars Draft Pick Madden Ultimate Team Card = TA7K-RGNH-RJBQ

That's it for now, enjoy guys and here's to another great year at ShenmueDojo!
by shengoro86
Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:41 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Need help fixing a dreamcast (if possible)

I wrote a tutorial on how to hack the Mil-CD patched dreamcasts, unfortunately the DC community sites are pretty much gone and my document is hard to find. i cant even find it. >_<

You might be able to swap the drives are they are removable, but I dont remember if it is a simple unplug and switch.

EDIT I FOUND IT
Not saying which member I am :D

6.1. Newer Non MIL-CD DCs and workaround
Thanks to DJ Motion from isonews, jc, OEM, and Xeal on dcwarez.

Some newer DCs have their BIOS programmed to prevent booting CD(R)s which have audio (audio boot data in this case) before the game data (formally known as the MIL-CD format, informally as the audio/data selfboot layout). Not nice, especially considering nearly all previous games - including ECHELON rips - work like this. When buying a Dreamcast, look for Dreamcast units manufactured BEFORE October 2000. There have been some units manufactured in Oct. 2000 and Dec. 2000 with the new BIOS revision that will not work with CDR's. Note that how recently you bought it and retail box type (regular or Smash Pack) do not matter, only the manufacture date of the unit, which should be visible through a small window on the Dreamcast retail box. Also identified as not working with the audio/data selfboot layout games are the Sakura Taisen and Hello Kitty special edition Dreamcasts available in Japan.

Many people have reported that there are plenty of units in the Oct 2000 - Dec 2000 timeframe that play the audio/data selfboot layout games just fine... thus the only way to check is to buy the unit and take it home and try it.

Note for Japanese DC owners (from OEM of dcwarez): My Jap DC refuses to boot the data/data selfboot format unless the total image size is below 70 minutes. Thus releases such as San Francisco Rush 2049, Deep Fighter & NFL2K1 don't work on my DC. (I have been able to get most of them to work though, by converting them to the old audio/data selfboot format.) According to Xeal this is a known problem with early Japanese models, which may explain why groups rarely use this format. It is also my experience that newer units won't boot the data/data format if the total image size is above 82 minutes (thus making it impossible to selfboot games like Sonic Adventure without ripping something out).

Addendum: Echelon's releases of NBA2K1 and NFL2K1 (and SFRush2049, of course) are already in the data/data selfboot format... other Echelon releases that use the data/data selfboot format are unknown.

The data/data selfboot solution (No modifications to console needed):
Right, so you've got your CD written and you want to make it selfboot and work on your new Dreamcast. Here goes...

1. Rip the CD with DiscJuggler to a CDI file.
2. Go in to a DOS/Command Prompt and using CDIRip, rip the CDI file so that a .CUE and .BIN file are created.
3. You can delete the .CUE file. Download a free copy of ISOBuster from the net and extract the files to a directory from the .BIN file.
4. Using IPBIN4WIN, create an IP file which corresponds to the game. It normally needs to be pointing at the 1st_read.bin file, or perhaps a different file if it is a WinCE game. A WinCE game can be detecting by checking if it has a 'WinCE' directory on the CD. If so, make sure you take this in to account when creating the IP file.
5. Now you'll need a tool called 'mkisofs'. It is included in the selfboot toolkit. Create an ISO from the files you have extracted, and the IP.BIN in the root directory. Make sure you use an offset of 0,0 *NOT* 0,11700.
6. Then you'll need to use Xeal's amazing 'Bin2Boot' tool on the ISO, which creates a selfboot CDI which puts the game data BEFORE the audio boot data. A miracle. Now the game works. It's been tested on a real non-CDR boot DC (one of the first in the UK) and it works fine.

Utopia Boot CD for NON MIL-CD DCs
MUCH thanks to jc of dcwarez (and xeal, of course!)

1. Download the cdrecord-tools, CDIRip, ISOFix, and Bin2Boot if you don't already have them.
2. Get the *.CDI file for the Utopia BootCD.
3. Extract the CDI, cdirip.exe, isofix, and bin2boot to a directory (ie, C:\JC_IS_COOL).
4. Open a DOS/Command Prompt in said directory.
5. Run the following commands:
cdirip FILENAME.CDI /iso
then do:
isofix TData02.iso 11702
6. Extract the contents of the ISO using ISO Buster into a directory with the cdrecord-tools.
7. Move the "bootfile.bin" from the directory where you were working with CDIRip to the Directory you extracted the contents of the fixed ISO.
8. Make an ISO with the following command:
mkisofs -C 0,0 -V "Utopia BootCD v1.1" -l -o BOOTCD.ISO DIR
(where "DIR" is where you extracted your fixed ISO.
9. Take the ISO that "mkisofs" produces and put it into the directory where you have Bin2Boot. Run the following command: bin2boot BOOTCD.ISO /nohack
10. Burn image.cdi with DiscJuggler and enjoy it on your "copy-protected" Dreamcast.

6.2. Enabling VGA support - BootCD and Self-boot games
Credits to jc of dcwarez.

Boot CD
The original Utopia Boot CD 1.1 does NOT contain the VGA initialization code necessary... there IS a patch for the Boot CD image that will help with some games available from dccopyworld. The Utopia Boot CD 1.2 supposedly has the VGA patch applied to it, but is supposedly NOT an official Utopia release.
by shengoro86
Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Team Yu needs you!

tweet the sh!t outta Sega tomorrow.

im planning a shenmue skit for Otakon 2013. if anyone will be there please join the fun. i have myself as Ryo and someone for Ren Nozomi and some others. We are going to recreate certain scenes to get public reaction, kind of like Mega64ish videos. My Yuan is bringing a fake chainsaw to chase me with haha.
by shengoro86
Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What Nationality Are You?

[quote="Jeff"] Half Italian, a quarter German, and the next quarter is a mix of various other European nationalities. I found out last year that Jon Bon Jovi share the same great great grandparents. I got Bon Jovi blood in me. :lol:[/quote
I live relly close to sayerville nj. Bon jovi went to high schoool with my uncle and my uncle kicked his ass for bein a douche in school. He showed me footage of it, had it on some old format.]
by shengoro86
Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Real Life Shenmue Moments

Alright, so its no secret that alot of us are real freaks about Shenmue, I know I am.
But has anyone ever had a Shenmue moment in real life. Say like, when you actually may act like Ryo or say something he does?

I tend to say I see, or is that so? alot, even in Ryo's tone haha. I also have a really bad habit of saying Ahh good whenever I drink something. Its soo bad.

But last week was the best.
I have a friend who's dad owns a local 711 in Trenton NJ, and my friend works there during the night.
I got him to play the Tomato Convience Store song in his 711 just about the whole night.
Video footage coming soon.
Only one person, besides me and him, recognized the song to be from Shenmue and was greatly excited!
by shengoro86
Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things That Made You Genuinely Happy Today!

Listening to the Shenmue Orchestra soundtrack on my way to work.
by shengoro86
Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:19 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The Shenmue Dojo - 10th Anniversary Video & Members Gall

Me modded into Mortal Kombat 2 on Genesis

A recent pic of me driving to 5 Stars Corp.
by shengoro86
Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:34 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Yeah I forgot to mention that I'm the leader of the Chiyou Men
by shengoro86
Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Happy Birthday Topic

happy happy birthday!
by shengoro86
Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue Picture Extravaganza!

Hi guys!

I got the package in the mail and I was so overjoyed, I want to say thanks to everyone who voted for me, and especially to Thief for sending me this awesome package!!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WnuXPQjkLEc[/youtube]
by shengoro86
Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Team Yu needs you!

IT may not seem we have any real "power",but-
Keeping the fan base active and vocal keeps interest up and keeps the series fresh,even as it is-look at the recently discovered cut scenes,and unused music,as well as the hilarious mod videos and fan videos,whenever I have a few minutes and watch stuff on YouTube etc it cracks me up,
And with support like that,re releases and sequels are more likely to happen :)

Any community effort is power. I don't think Sega would even think of Shenmue if it wasn't for communities like ours.
by shengoro86
Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:43 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Other Side of the Golden Qr.

I could never get VMU tool (Dream Explorer, not the actual "vmu tool" that works fine) to work on NullD, yes I know it's not for emulators... But that's what I need along with an other tool to capture 1080p pictures and to edit out certain textures/items.

It is indeed a neat tool to have on the DC though! (I never actually tried it on a real dreamcast) I'll try when I get some CD-Rs. Thank you :D

Yeah Dream Explorer is not compatible at all with an emulator, however some people got it to work in Chankast (but that probably wont help).

That you Wude! You are the awesome. :D
Thank you to shengoro86, and Kiyuu also!

This community has easily become one of the most helpful and one of my favorites to be a part of.

Ryudo, I agree with that.

Thanks!

Wude and Kiyuu are god like among Shenmuers!

I feel the same, this community is always the brightest and funniest.
by shengoro86
Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:51 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I had no idea that you were shenmuekidsx. I was wondering what happened to that guy!

Crimson, that club picture is awesome.

@St Elmo's Fire, I live by Hoboken and NYC, I do have a couple of photos with some famous people ;)

By the way, I was totally not kidding about the Chiyoumen. I found this on Disc 4 of Shenmue 2.

http://i1159.photobucket.com/albums/p622/shengoro86/FinalChiyoumen_zpsfe0f10a8.jpg
by shengoro86
Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Random Thoughts! v2.0

Took my IPhone 4 apart yesterday to change the LCD. What a pain in the ass >_<
by shengoro86
Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Dojo Awards 2012 Final Results

Interesting,

I received two votes for the punchbag and I even won it last year.

I don't feel like I'm being bullied here.

Well, at least its not real life because it would be a bad day for that bully. :mrgreen:
Dojo always has a punching bag and the names always change the insults stay the same. I hate to say it but true I deserved it. I think 2012 punching bag won't be repeated since I have been happier and making changes. In any case it usually goes to someone acting like an ass. So I don't think you should ever worry about being a clear winner.

Your good.
by shengoro86
Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Your new superman

Christopher Reeves' mother, Barbara Johnson, works with me in Princeton, Christopher was born here!

She said the same thing. I showed her this post.

Peter wrote: superman died years ago. In more ways than one.
by shengoro86
Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue Zero 2010 - Download link

Here it is.

Included:

- Shenmue Zero
- Shenmue: The Boat
- Ryo's Room

If Shenmue: The Boat comes up with an error, you need the RPG Maker RTP. Just google the problem word for word and you'll find a result that should rectify the problem, as it's a pretty common one in the community.

Downloaded!
Thanks Dave.
by shengoro86
Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:59 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Tom's White

Peter wrote: Yea, and Joy, Xiuying and Yuan are the same person. Who would a thought.....

I met Leslie Wilkerson at Otakon back in '08 and I didn't realize this either.
I remember she had said something in Xiuyuings voice, and I asked her why they didnt cast her as Xuying. Boy was I dumbfounded.
by shengoro86
Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Please welcome our newest moderator...

Congrats!
Wude is a person of many many talents!
I'm happy to see you promoted dude!!
by shengoro86
Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: GEN 2 GEN my Youtube channel

nice video.
DC2 would have been awesome.
by shengoro86
Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:41 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: If Shenmue HD happens

My solution, if any of us are terminally ill, we ask SEGA through make a wish

A friend of mine who passed away from cancer at 18 back in '08 (he also got the make a wish foundation) wrote in his journal that he wanted to see the finale to Shenmue's storyline. It still bothers me till this day that he never got to be a part of what this community became.

http://sub.gmnews.com/news/2008-06-19/front_page/062.html
by shengoro86
Mon Feb 04, 2013 7:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Video Game Impressions Topic

Seeing how good your Golem is, I can see you doing Chai.

Another video from my friend.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__ibw4xyfOQ[/youtube]
by shengoro86
Sun Feb 17, 2013 3:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What movie are you watching right now?

Just re-watched Happy Console Gamer the movie after talking to Johnny Millennium on Facebook.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_UUBJFtBkDA[/youtube]
by shengoro86
Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:59 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Great Videogame Music

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xYCNQVIA-xg[/youtube]
by shengoro86
Mon Feb 18, 2013 2:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Gaming thoughts of the day

Cant wait to Play MG Rising
by shengoro86
Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

PAX East in March

Just looking to see if anyone is attending PAX East in March.

I will be there to try out the new Playstation 4 games as well as meeting with some game companies for networking.
Hope to see any of you there!

http://east.paxsite.com/
by shengoro86
Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:46 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: REQUEST: Shenmue II for Xbox Undub

I posted a thread containing a link.

Enjoy and please lock this.
by shengoro86
Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Shenmue 2X Undub Reuploaded

Hi,

I got a request for Kakuzawa's S2X Undub.

I uploaded it to my Mega account.

Shenmue 2X Japanese Un-dub.7z (695.4 MB)
https://mega.co.nz/#!iBZHGKaS!HVIvLwaJF ... C1BnApTYic

unzip with 7zip.

Thank you Kakuzawa for this great release!

James
by shengoro86
Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Happy 2013, I brought free DLC for who reads this first

HI, has anyone used these codes?

Please let me know if you guys dont want them. If so, I'll release them to Facebook.
Or please post if you used them.

I have a new wave coming soon.
by shengoro86
Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Last Game/System/Peripheral You Bought

I got Metal Gear Rising and Ni No Kuni for PS3.
by shengoro86
Wed Feb 27, 2013 4:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Fun at PAX East

Hey guys,

I went to PAX East this year.
Unfortunately, there was no Shenmue 3 or any Yu Suzuki love at PAX, but it was still pretty cool.

I met the Bioware team behind Mass Effect and got to speak to the writer Jon Dumbrow and the lead level designer Dusty Everman.

I stood up at their panel and asked some questions but as of right now, there is no Youtube video of it.
You damn right I asked them about the indoctrination theory.

Was anyone else there?

I met some famous people: including Tim Schafer (creator of Psychonauts and Brutal Legends), Peter Dorr (Petes Game Room on Youtube).

I got to hang out with Mega64.
http://i1159.photobucket.com/albums/p622/shengoro86/179095_10151589202606320_60166490_n_zpsef588ca9.jpg

There was also a Bethesda Food Truck promoting Elder Scrolls Online. They gave out free food, drinks, and pictures.
http://i1159.photobucket.com/albums/p622/shengoro86/31455_10151589283061320_1679733060_n_zpsa702b2d2.jpg
http://i1159.photobucket.com/albums/p622/shengoro86/5303_3934894070049_922234231_n_zpsa2da454e.jpg

It was an amazing experience!
by shengoro86
Thu Mar 28, 2013 12:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

New PS3 Hacking Video

Hey guys,

I got asked by a couple of people to show off my hacked PS3.

Thought some people here may enjoy it.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NufPJaeOgIM[/youtube]
by shengoro86
Thu Apr 25, 2013 5:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue Bicycle Mod Project by James Reiner (Progress Vi

If you guys have any questions, feel free to PM me.

This was an idea that was brought to my attention and now that I am done with school, I figure that I should work on it.

I will hand the project off if needed.

This mod is based on ideas given to me from various members here.
by shengoro86
Sat Jun 08, 2013 1:22 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Hi all,

I have been updating the status of this project at the Shenmue500k group on Facebook.

Dont worry, I am still actively working on the project.

The problem I am having is that when replacing the motorcycle with the bike, the game locks up. I found this out to be the fact that the mem address that the motorcycle uses for referencing is within protected memory so when it changes a mismatch occurs and throws a kernel panic. Im trying to work around this.
by shengoro86
Wed Jul 03, 2013 4:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Old LanDC Save Files

I got in touch with LanDC and I now have a ton of information about his mods and such. This can be closed if needed.
by shengoro86
Mon Jul 08, 2013 11:46 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Have you given up or still hopeful?

Im very hopeful.

Every day I do something related to Shenmue.
by shengoro86
Mon Aug 26, 2013 3:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Latest Purchases

I paid off my PS4 and bought Watchdogs + Killzone for it.
by shengoro86
Thu Sep 05, 2013 4:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ryo confessed to Nozomi

Fantastic video! I always wanted Ryo to confess to Nozomi.

Giorgio wrote: Nice! I just posted it to the Shenmue500K FB group ("Ryo except from a schoolboy, he is also a loverboy.") and some believed it was real!

Haha I remember that!
by shengoro86
Sun Sep 22, 2013 4:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Hi all,

Just wanted to let you all know that I am still working on this project. I am also trying to get my career together so it has been a while.

@Master Kyodai, I am looking into the 1st_read file over the next two weeks to get some sort of PoC together.
by shengoro86
Sun Sep 22, 2013 4:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Hi all,

Just wanted to update you all and say that I might have the mod in an alpha state by Xmas Eve.

So far, Ryo is spawnning onto the bike instead of Nayouki's motorcycle.

For now, I have not been successful in implementing the above mentioned method to get the bike unlocked for normal gameplay.

I am working within the very little time I have so its taking forever.

It will be released here first in the form of a hacked iso and special save file.

I am aiming to make it work in both NullDC and official hardware.

Once I have it completely stable, I will upload a video to my youtube channel.

james
by shengoro86
Sun Nov 10, 2013 6:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Really glad to hear the project is not forgotten!

When you're at it then try to also take a short peek into the mapinfo. All scripts for the "room" are in there. Possibly fairly easy to make Ryo mount a motorcycle if you steal from the "Save Nozomi" scene? But yeah just guesswork here. Good luck from all of us =)

Yeah the save Nozomi scene was the original target for the bike ride since a lot of the motion data gets called automatically. It saves time and allows for some easier work arounds.

Quick question, are you trying to enable a sort of work around to ride the bicycle around all areas or only on the road to Amihama?

The original bike mod was tailored to use the Road to Amihama. I got a hold of LanDC and another member who wishes to remain unknown, and got the tools needed to get a method to swap the motor cycle with the bicycle.

This was the breakdown:
Create save file at Road to Amihama scene
Hacked RAM (via Action Replay) to glitch the timer to make it infinity
Live hotswap Bike model variable with Cycle variable to chain load motion data

I actually got most of the mod to work but one little issue occurred.

The Dreamcast's RAM and processor can go into protected mode. Shenmue stores the bike model in protected RAM so you need to half crash the ALU to calculate in system/non-protected mode. To do this, you need to boot DC Linux, probe the mainboard, and chain load the OS from the Shenmue disc into RAM with the hotswap. My method here actually worked but my Dreamcast shorted out when the bike loaded.

I managed to swap the motor cycle with Wang's bike from Ajiichi and get a hybrid motion data chained into it. Ryop akwardly road the bike before my DC gave the magic black smoke of death.

Unfortunately, my DC died before I could get some footage.

The NEW method is now underway and is 100% software based.

Two members brought this idea to me before I posted here.

In the Japanese 1st Read binary there is a string/block of hex that will allow for a debug menu to show. It is HIGHLY rumored that it may allow for spawning of objects/physics, potentially including the bike.

So to answer your question, the old method was for Road to Amihama, the new method is for actually getting the Bike in the game as shown in the What's Shenmue video demo.

james
by shengoro86
Thu Sep 26, 2013 2:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Japanese Music

I'm HUGE on The Pillows
by shengoro86
Tue Nov 26, 2013 2:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: PROJECT XMAS 2013 DEMO RELEASED.....FINALLY!!

Thank you for this!

I cant wait to play it when I'm off of work!

/james
by shengoro86
Mon Dec 30, 2013 12:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SHENMUE XMAS SPECIAL DOWNLOAD.....FINALLY!!

No problem!

I also shared it out to the Shenmue Facebook Group so you get some extra notice.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/Shenmue ... tif_t=like
by shengoro86
Mon Dec 30, 2013 2:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic