Search found 22 matches

Return

Super Potato, the best video game store in Tokyo

Here are my videos of the main Akihabara location
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lmguEolrplI&list=UUhGoIIOrT-TTXZZ5EpO8XHg&index=7&feature=plcp
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gOjvVKVS_6c&list=UUhGoIIOrT-TTXZZ5EpO8XHg&index=6&feature=plcp
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LPjYM9Xrw9Q&list=UUhGoIIOrT-TTXZZ5EpO8XHg&index=5&feature=plcp
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aUm_sH1iEeo&list=UUhGoIIOrT-TTXZZ5EpO8XHg&index=4&feature=plcp
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a_OeIm-ZgyY&list=UUhGoIIOrT-TTXZZ5EpO8XHg&index=3&feature=plcp
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0cew8Pbj62g&list=UUhGoIIOrT-TTXZZ5EpO8XHg&index=2&feature=plcp

and here is ikebukuro
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UF2uFS99ckA&list=UUhGoIIOrT-TTXZZ5EpO8XHg&index=9&feature=plcp
by RyoHazuki84
Fri Oct 19, 2012 10:54 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

who would you cast for a live action shenmue?

well, if there is ever a live action shenmue movie, who would you cast? i know the voice actors atually did commercials in character and they did great, but it doesnt have to be them. who do you think could pull of the characters. Hell, keep Fujioka Kunihiro as Iwao. I dont think anyone else can do the role live action but him. other than that, i think many sentai and kamen rider and other japanese actors and actresses can do the roles.

for me, my ideal hazuki ryo would be ozawa ryota. he played captain marvelous in gokaiger, a sentai series. i think he has the look, he has the voice, and he can really do action very well. the way he played marvelous in some ways makes me think he could also do a good ryo. he is very good at doing one consistent emotion and everything along those lines.

for nozomi, i think horikita maki could really do the role. she looks like her and is very good at playing the love interest that is friendly, but yet hesitant to say her feelings though she shows it.

for lan di, i think hirose yutaka would be great. watch him in dairanger as jin and he has the look and the kick ass martial arts skills to really be as threatning as the character he plays. he gives off the same vibes and everything that defines the character.

for shen hua, i would love to see fukada kyoko in the role. she is cute, and she does a great job of being curious and is very communicative.

for gui zhang, i would love to see konishi hiroki from garo. he is certainly one of the best action actors i have seen in japan. he is incredibly good and i can see him having good chemsitry with ozawa ryota as ryo.

for joy, i would love to see ichimichi mao. she played luka in gokaiger and her character really came off as a joy type. plus, she is actually dating ozawa ryota.

for ren, yamada yuki would be perfect. hell, his get up in gokaiger is exactly like ren's

i will post more later
by RyoHazuki84
Wed Oct 24, 2012 6:56 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What "makes" Shenmue for you?

It combines many things I have always loved; martial arts movies, games, virtua fighter, Japan, Asia as a whole, the 1980s, it will always be highly ambitious, it had interesting characters, and many others. I still have my receipt when I bought the Japanese version on December 31, 1999. I am not ashamed that the first thing I did when it hit midnight to mark the year 2000 I was playing Shenmue. It was one of the main reasons why I got a Dreamcast as well. I felt that Shenmue was a game that spoke to me. It was the game I was looking for my whole life. Something of a digital soul mate if you will. I love it to the point that if this series is not complete, I am not complete.

I was studying Japanese at my school and I saw it as an opportunity to simulate myself in Japan. At that point, I had been studying Japanese for about a year and a half, I only knew the basic sentence structures and had a descent vocab and the game just motivated me to study my hardest in and out of the classroom. I couldn't understand a good fraction of the dialog, but always understand when I needed to go somewhere, etc. But the cultural and environmental authenticity made me take it seriously. I liked in Yokosuka, everyone somewhat knows you and you already do feel some connection to area. But when you go to China, it is a whole new world and you are discovering it with Ryo where it is much bigger and the people are fishy, etc. I loved imitating the moves and practicing them in real life. I liked practicing the elbow, the tornado kick, the counter elbow, the double palm strike, etc.

Getting a job was kind of fun. I liked earning money and having fun making an honest living. I remember at one point, I wanted to work as a forklift operator at a harbor lol.

I loved the QTE scenes. It just brought this kind of excitement that you could control the outcome of a cutscene within mere seconds creating some results.

I honestly could go on and on but Shenmue is just something to me as if it were my true love.
by RyoHazuki84
Mon Nov 12, 2012 7:33 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Let's just say SIII is in development and....

I do want free form practice back. I was upset it was taken out in Shenmue 2 because I liked developing your moves.
by RyoHazuki84
Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:25 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Happy Anniversary to the Dreamcast

On this day in Japan, Dreamcast launched with just a few titles, Virtua Fighter 3TB, July, Godzilla Generations and I believe Pen Pen. And with Virtua Fighter 3TB, came Project Berkley. I actually bought an import Dreamcast in May of 1999. I had a feeling like the Saturn, it would be an import gamer's console and in some way, I was right. But it is still my favorite console of all time.
by RyoHazuki84
Mon Nov 26, 2012 4:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 90's punk bands

I strongly recommend Sublime, 311, and Tool.
by RyoHazuki84
Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: So what do you do?

Engrish teacher in Japan
by RyoHazuki84
Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Yakuza series

I am currently playing 5. I finished Kiryuu's chapter. I have only been to Fukuoka once for a day on a business trip. But I do recognize the canals and the bridges. Chapter 2 is in Hokkaido which is Saejima's chapter which I am currently half way done with....I think.... It is very heavy dialog heavy as usual. With these games, I am more interested in the story so it works for me.

The action as usual is fucking balls to the walls and totally insane. But a certain scene with Kiryuu's final battle gets really ridiculous even if it is to show how bad ass he is. After 4, hell even 3, I had no idea how they were going to develop him, but this game does an interesting job of re-exploring his character and for the right reasons. Same with Saejima so far. I look forward to doing the other chapters before I go back to Japan.

Ironically, the only time I can do any gaming is when I go back home to the states for the holidays lol
by RyoHazuki84
Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:29 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ryo and Nozomi

Living in Japan, I do agree with what you are saying in terms of how social skills work in Japan. Culture and society differences is also why non-Japanese people don't get Evangelion as well lol not that you mention it by calling it emo and all that and why Shinji doesn't really go for Asuka, Rei, or Misato (which is another topic for another time)

Anyway, in addition to Japanese social norms which were more prevelant in the 1980s, keep in mind that Shenmue is not intended to be a story of romance which is why Ryo is the way he is. Also, he had that fight with his friend as a child over a girl which has also made him shy around girls.
by RyoHazuki84
Fri Jan 11, 2013 5:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Yu Suzuki Responses I haven't read before (on S III)

Since I am a twisted and desperate bastard, I am tempted to write that I am terminally ill and my dying wish is to have Shenmue 3.
by RyoHazuki84
Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: If Shenmue HD happens

My solution, if any of us are terminally ill, we ask SEGA through make a wish
by RyoHazuki84
Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:05 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Superman

It is funny in one episode of season 4, there is a sub plot where Lois and Clark try to philosophize on the lyrics of Ironic by Alinas Morrissettee lol. You have to really grow up in the 90s to really relate and get the show. But it was Dean Cain and Teri Hatcher's on screen chemistry that really carried it as well. Clark's ties on the show are sooooooooooo 90s, but I like how it shows he is more of a suit guy. The show did a great job of making him more of an average Joe as opposed to a nerd.

But I take Lois and Clark over Superman Lives any day of the week, twice on Sunday.
by RyoHazuki84
Mon Feb 11, 2013 4:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Team Yu needs you!

It is the 3rd already here in Japan and I have done my part.

希望を捨てるわけにはいけない!戦いは最後まで終わってないから!!
We must not give up hope! The fight is not over!
by RyoHazuki84
Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Japanese Sega Saturn reccomendations

X-Men Vs Street Fighter
Marvel Super Heroes Vs Street Fighter
Street Fighter Zero 3
Pocket Fighter
Dungeons and Dragons
Final Fight Revenge
Crows
Dragon Ball Z Shinbutoden
Dragon Ball Z Legends
Policenauts
Variable Fighter Geo
Castlevania Symphony of the Night
Rockman X4
Rockman 8
Fire Prowrestling 6
Sonic Wings
Gundam Blue Destiny
Sakura Taisen
Sakura Taisen 2
by RyoHazuki84
Fri Apr 05, 2013 8:15 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Christopher Nolan is an overrated director

I did like Inception, but I just found it ridiculous that people find it confusing. I found it really easy to follow.
by RyoHazuki84
Sun Apr 07, 2013 5:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Is it just too late for Shenmue III?

some other games haven't been able to achieve this feel of japan and china that shenmue captured
by RyoHazuki84
Wed Jun 05, 2013 8:26 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Has Shenmue ever helped you through a hard time in life?

It was part of the dreams of my youth. I had goals of one day making it to Japan and when even my own parents thought it would be impossible for me, I had the adventure of Ryo to prove to me that I could do it. Granted it would not be proof to my parents, but I felt the sense of community within the first game and wondered if the real life Japan was at all anything like that. I worked hard in school and got beyond a C average. After applying for a study abroad scholarship, my parents were accepting of my dreams. I went to Japan my first time in the summer of 2001 when I was barely 17. The real life Japan felt so much like the simulated world in Shenmue. I had a sense of things and I had a connection. The people were friendly, the food was great....and no trouble with sailors......
by RyoHazuki84
Mon Jun 27, 2016 8:17 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue 3 Isn't Going to Be Ready for a Long, Long While

Well, of course since December 2017 is still a long ways away. I know when the game is released, we will have the best what Suzuki and his team did based on the money we game him to make it happen. We have waited 14 years with NO news or updates. Now that we know it is happening on OUR money, it is going to happen. Money is time and time is money.
by RyoHazuki84
Fri Jul 01, 2016 6:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Yakuza series

I already own the Japanese versions to 6 and Kiwami 2. 6 is pretty good and has a great story. Finally great to see Beat Takeshi, a legendary yakuza actor, finally added to the franchise. In addition, it features other famous Japanese actors such as Tatsuya Fujiwara (from Battle Royale and Death Note) and Shun Oguri (GTO and Gokusen). Also, Ryusei Nakao, the voice of Freeza from Dragon Ball Z is in the game.

Kiwami 2 brings back the hostess mini game once again played by Japanese adult film actresses and the song as you customize them is still present. However, the Majima game is too short.
by RyoHazuki84
Wed Jan 24, 2018 6:37 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Lets Talk Shenmue HD

At this point, we have to wait for E3 or TGS. Other than that, we just have to keep demanding.
by RyoHazuki84
Sat Jan 27, 2018 12:36 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Do you think that Shenmue 3 was being made for Saturn?

mjq jazz bar wrote: No. It wasn't even being made for the Dreamcast as far as I'm aware.

There are video models of Sun Niao so it was being made on Dreamcast to some extent.
by RyoHazuki84
Fri Feb 23, 2018 4:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic