Search found 120 matches

Return

Re: I win I lose I win you win. I'm not Dave Chappelle

The guys attackin you are the guys you owe an apology to.
by MiTT3NZ
Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Something Cool you saw today

Bambi wrote:"The Pacific Barreleye with its transparent head"

- Imgur Link.

that's one funky fish
by south carmain
Wed Aug 29, 2012 12:33 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Does Yu Have The Eye Of The Tiger?

I was watching one of the finest films to ever be made the other day Rocky III. I couldn't help but be reminded of Yu's struggle in trying to make SIII. Both Rocky 1&2 are just like Shenmue 1&2.

Shenmue 1 came out and did pretty good but many felt it could do much better, many wanted to see much more of this gem just like Rocky Balboa in Rocky 1.

Shenmue 2 came out and smashed the record for most imported game taking the title just like Rocky does against Apollo Creed in Rocky 2.

Then Yu sold out and signed a deal with Microsoft and seemed to not be that bothered anymore. At the start of Rocky 3 we see Rocky selling out, advertising credit cards and cars loosing the passion he had for boxing. The port was poor and it seemed he lost his passion. This may have to do with the death of SEGA just like the death of Rocky's trainer Micky. Shenmue 2x came out and just like the first fight against Mr T it got knocked on it's arse.

Now we are in the present day and we need Yu to get back that passion for game making. Rocky had Apollo Creed to help him get out of his rut but who can help Yu?
by Riku Rose
Sun Aug 19, 2012 7:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Sonic & All Stars Racing Transformed

If they were really Shenmue fans they would add Lan Di driving a black car and the bus Ryo catches to get to the harbour, they would also add a seperate part which would be the History of Shenmue and add Sega's email address and encourage mass spamming and they would make Ryo win every race
by lavrentis
Sun May 06, 2012 10:41 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Sonic & All Stars Racing Transformed

I would love to see Ryo riding on a Phoenix!
by Ryo911
Wed Aug 15, 2012 2:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Mods deleting harmless topics

Seriously Ryudo just go outside.
by Riku Rose
Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

It was a fairly obvious way of getting people to sign up to GEN2GEN. I don't see Ryudo's forums as competition with here though tbh - they're shit!
by QWERTY
Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

imho the true problem here isn't even the shennanigans of giving away a game or recruiting for another forum. may be a rule et all, still no big deal.
but the nature and title of this thread... hypocrisy much?

for crying out loud...

The real problem here is that Ryudo cares far to much that he is no longer the big boss man. The best thing to do is ignore him and hopefully he leaves. Not trying to be childish here but it would be better for the guy if he turned off the internet and video games once in awhile.
by Riku Rose
Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

At the essence of it, its just attention seeking. Thats all.

Ignore the attention seekers and they move on.
by Peter
Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The attention topic is over.
by Peter
Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things That Made You Laugh Today

Who Really Cares? wrote:

:lol: Webcam of Blue being demoted?
by KiBa
Sun Sep 09, 2012 12:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lt2Zlj2U4T0[/youtube]
by Who Really Cares?
Mon Sep 10, 2012 12:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I'm not sure this was posted but I won't go back 200 pages so here it is lol

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u-aq_ajL-88[/youtube]
by nzk0
Wed Sep 12, 2012 10:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qbBO7bKngwM[/youtube]
by Brothaman
Sat Sep 15, 2012 8:52 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lfc6_YFU1Po[/youtube]
It cracks me up every time. Every fucking time...
by Dorian
Fri Sep 14, 2012 10:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Music: Do it Justice

I know that shit you pleb, I ain't sayin headphones are definitively the best means to listen to music, I'm askin through which way do you think certain tracks are best listened through? Jesus Christ man, have a bit of common sense you whoppa!
by MiTT3NZ
Sat Sep 15, 2012 1:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: So whatever happened to...

I have no doubts that Shenmue HD DLC will be released. I just feel it will be the last to be released for 2 reasons:

1. "Save the best til last". It really is the most talked about game of the Dreamcasts tenure. Wether you loved it or hated, it it still got people talking. Someone severely hating Shenmue and thinking its boring is as valuable to me in terms of its legacy because its as much an emotion given towards it, so its re-release will be the most talked about game from the Dreamcasts list of games. Also, its easily the biggest game, in terms of size, following, and legacy so its a good game to possibly be the last Dreamcast title to be released, at least for a sustained period of time.

2. The bigger and more logical reason of the two for me, is that it surely will take a long time to upscale this entire game, both visually and audibly. All of the items, locations, characters...... i mean if you forget how huge Shenmue is, just spend your first day in the Hazuki household and try to lift every possible item, explore every possible room and also open every cupboard. I did it last night, and i didnt get to visit Fukuhara in the dojo until 9.45pm. This game is huge. Fact. Having to sit and go through its entirety will be no easy feat, and also not one that can be achieved overnight.
The audio of Shenmue (not VA work) is what doesnt age as well as the rest of the game. I have been playing Shenmue again with a VGA box and LCD TV and it looks as close to HD as you could get, but you can tell the quality of the audio isnt up there, especially with gaming headphones on. Again,this is something that will take some time. Add to that, if they are also going to include both native VA with subtitles, as so many fans have requested. Again more time.
Then there is also additional features that Sega would surely want to incorporate into the game. First thing that comes to mind is the difference of todays controllers compared to the Dreamcast controller, namely a second analogue stick. Obviously for Shenmue, this would be used as a camera stick, and some sort of freedom camera development would have to be organised. If this is to be a double planned release, then not only would i say it would take double the time to do so, but id say it would take more than double the time for it all to be finished.

I do believe that Shenmue has been in development for DLC. I also feel that Ben Harborne was more or less announcing this with his interviews earlier in the year. I have watched the two interviews a load of times, and in the first, he practically couldnt wait to say Shenmue. In the second interview, he made a slight joke about it with his facial features. I still maintain its coming. Just gotta be patient.
by Peter
Sat Sep 15, 2012 5:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

So whatever happened to...

The supposed "HD" Shenmue remakes? I mean, the Sega representative (forgive me, I forgot his name) hinted at a possible Shenmue HD remake and that was it? Has there been any followup? Just curious.
by Golf Wang
Sat Sep 15, 2012 7:05 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue 1080p

awesome reminds me of this :lol:
by wude
Sat Sep 15, 2012 3:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: So whatever happened to...

:lol:

Christ sakes bud, i will buy you a Dreamcast if you want.

But i see where your coming from. My feelings on it come from a mixture of logic and optimism, but the latter can muddy the logic at times. Also i am not technically minded in how these games are developed, but i still think that due to the overall size of Shenmue (it is the biggest game on the DC) that it will take quite a while. The only reason i place so much emphasis on Harbornes interview though, was his openness in regards to mentioning Shenmue, in regards to a Sega standpoint. If any employee from Sega was questioned about Shenmue, they seemed to have had a well rehersed response, or even none at all. But Harborne wasnt even provoked to say Shenmue, he was asked a generic question which he could have answered in any way at all.

The only reason i say i think negative publicity is good is because its still being talked about, even if its about how awful it is. At the end of the day its someones opinion, and if someone is talking about that, then someone is listening. Someone who hasnt played Shenmue before, and went from the N64 to the Playstation and just ignored the Dreamcast because he or she wasnt bought one, along with their friends back then. If it wasnt being talked about at all, to be that would be just a little bit worse. A game forgotten is a game lost. I dont think Shenmues legacy will die out anytime soon because of that.

Oh and i forgot about the camera completely in Shenmue IIx #-o
by Peter
Sat Sep 15, 2012 6:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Random Thoughts! v2.0

...in the Rye! :theyareontome:
by KiBa
Sat Sep 15, 2012 11:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Because vegetarians act like they are better than everyone else.
by Who Really Cares?
Sun Sep 16, 2012 4:05 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What Game/Games Are You Currently Playing?

Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts. After having 100% on the first two on 360, it's finally time to beat this one. I must say, even though BK fans tend to diss this one, I love it. It's basically classic Banjo-Kazooie, except the transformations of old are replaced by building your own 'transformations'. The platforming element is much reduced, but that's OK. In my opinion, most of those who decry Nuts & Bolts for not being a platformer probably haven't played Banjo-Tooie. That game took the old BK platforming formula to it's ultimate extent.

Aside from the graphics, there's really nothing they could have improved. 'Tooie is massive, and the later levels are ridiculously-complex. The levels are all interconnected, and some jiggies require a lot of work. I remember one in Jolly Roger's Lagoon which requires work in three different worlds to get. Nuts & Bolts is awesome, I don't care what anyone says. Not just a great game, but a great BK game. Such immense fan-service in N&B.

Had it since launch but not actually finished it but found myself going back to it over the last few days. Love that Rare take the piss out of themselves every chance they get in that game be it comments like not having been in as many games as that plumber to loads of copies of Grabbed By The Ghoulies in the bin.
And I would have to say its one of the nicest looking games this gen and still holds up well today IMO.
I love that Rare tried something different with the series rather than just copy and past the old games into Next Gen[and hell you can buy the originals on XBLA]

And you can waste hours trying to make the perfect vehicle and some of the designs ive seen on youtube/The official site have just been amazing.

I also recommend the DLC L.O.G.'s Lost Challenges which is 400MSP.

I mean dear god, a transformer!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A2mWtFQvAHI
by Who Really Cares?
Fri Sep 14, 2012 7:50 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The new Robocop suit

...the year is 2028 and multinational conglomerate OmniCorp is at the center of robot technology. Their drones are winning American wars around the globe and now they want to bring this technology to the home front. Alex Murphy (Kinnaman) is a loving husband, father and good cop doing his best to stem the tide of crime and corruption in Detroit. After he is critically injured in the line of duty, OmniCorp utilizes their remarkable science of robotics to save Alex's life. He returns to the streets of his beloved city with amazing new abilities, but with issues a regular man has never had to face before.

Looks more Batman than Robocop.

Batman ?! It just occurred to me that Deus Ex: Human Revolution quietly got away with being Robocop the whole time.

The game is set in 2027, at a time when multinational corporations have grown in power beyond the control of national governments. The game follows Adam Jensen, the newly hired security director at Sarif Industries, a growing biotechnology firm. After terrorists brutally attack Sarif's Detroit-based headquarters, the mortally wounded Jensen is forced to undergo radical life-saving surgeries that replace large areas of his body with advanced prostheses. Returning to work, he becomes embroiled in the global politics of the human enhancement movement in the search for those responsible for the attack. A central theme to the game is the rise of corporations in globalization, espionage, human survival, poverty and the ethics of advancing humans with artificial replacements for body parts.
by KiBa
Sun Sep 16, 2012 5:25 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

It's okay, I got a good eyeful out of it.
Off to the john with a dixie cup of canola oil.
Wish me luck!
by OL
Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The new Robocop suit

My main problem with this new version is that I'm afraid they're trying to make something serious and generic out of it. The black, plated suit suggests as much. The original movie is great because it's camp and knows it, and the internal contrast with the serious questions raised makes it all the more meaningful and fun, like Starship Troopers, which was the same director. Batman: The Animated Series also did this, and that is why it is still well-loved. I'm not saying a completely serious Blade Runner-like type of Robocop movie can't be done (I think that would be great too), but the trade-off in that case ought to be a unique visual style, like transforming the setting into a fully developed cyberpunk metropolis. The point is, you've got to do something to stimulate the imagination in order to really entertain people. By far, the most forgettable thing you can do is make it into a non-funny generic action movie that takes place in a more or less contemporary setting devoid of any noir style elements and interesting characters. Combine that with a generic musical score and bland CGI, and there's just no way it will live as long as its 1987 father.

Also, the original suit design was fantastic because it looked like fantasy geometric robotics. I don't see the new design above seeming like much more than body armor. The original was much more sleek and convincing as a cyborg form, being narrower at the waist, with visible joints, etc. And silver is way better than black .

I don't know if this is good or bad:

http://www.uproxx.com/gammasquad/2012/08/michael-keaton-robocop/
by KiBa
Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:43 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Things That Made You Genuinely Happy Today!

Sometimes something will just downright make me feel happy. This thread is for those moments. The feel good thread.

I'll start with a video.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=As3fHxY2Vto[/youtube]
by Thief
Wed Jun 20, 2012 6:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

This is Larry.

He’s employed by the UK gov. to catch mice in 10 Downing Street.

His official title is Chief Mouser to the Cabinet Office
by Dorian
Wed Sep 19, 2012 7:12 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E0Gt6r9ZBZ4[/youtube]
by wude
Tue Sep 18, 2012 6:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_vrLGXUMGQ[/youtube]
by Who Really Cares?
Thu Sep 20, 2012 6:35 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwBLqGsxjc0[/youtube]
by Brothaman
Thu Sep 20, 2012 7:33 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ND9jVZPG75E[/youtube]
by Who Really Cares?
Thu Sep 20, 2012 3:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What Game/Games Are You Currently Playing?

Martin, I just read your post, and I gotta ask... Were you pissed when you wrote it? Fair enough, you can see both sides of the argument, but the whole thing reads like you're proving yourself wrong. Either that or you have MPD.

I mean, to say that you question the notion that Capcome betrayed RE's core fan base, and then explain why they have betrayed them doesn't really make any sense...
by MiTT3NZ
Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:40 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Gaming thoughts of the day

:lol: wow they were desperate for the N64 one.
by Who Really Cares?
Fri Sep 21, 2012 4:36 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Gaming thoughts of the day

I think the info graphic is wrong. that was just some special edition like halo xbox. I think it came with that Poekmon game that you talk to pikachu in the mic. System is fairly rare now
by Bluecast
Fri Sep 21, 2012 4:38 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VxQwtl_giK4[/youtube]

Not sure if I posted this before but I fucking love this parody.

YETI!! NO MORE CHICKEN AND COW!
by Kenny
Fri Sep 21, 2012 2:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZB1KZueNQsY[/youtube]
by Brothaman
Sun Sep 23, 2012 12:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic