Search found 17 matches

Return

Re: Shenmue III Logo Poll [Back]

I'm sorry, but personally I think the handwritten logo is awful. I feel bad saying that especially since it was created by Yu-san himself, but the cursive one is so much more aesthetically pleasing. I feel that it is important to keep things consistent especially now that Shenmue I&II is using a form of the original logo. I think it's kind of bogus that they decided to change it from the papyrus one to the cursive version in June 2017 because of the fan response and then just randomly change their minds all of sudden. I hope that this will be reconsidered sometime before the final release.

+1 As much as I appreciate Yu-san trying a personal approach to the new logo, now that Shenmue 1&2 will be launching under a modified (yet recognizable) version of the original logo, Shenmue 3's new logo makes even less sense. That being said, it isn't unheard of for the logo of a popular franchise to change logos with sequels. The most immediate example I could think of is the Metal Gear Solid series.

For Shenmue 3, if 1&2 weren't being rereleased before 3, the new logo felt safer since Shenmue fans will know how to find the game no matter what and new customers don't have any prior relationship to the brand. Now that the 1&2 remaster will be introducing new fans to the series through the updated old logo, having such a disconnect between 1&2 remaster's branding and Shenmue 3's branding is just plain confusing.

My hope here is that a combination of fans continuing to complain about the misalignment between logos + Deep Silver being a professional publisher that will help Ys Net class up it's marketing act will get us the alignment we're looking for across games.

Also I have to say while I'll never forgive Sega for ignoring us for all these years, I really love how they updated the old logo and handled the box art for 1&2. So many people in this forum have suggested the exact approach they took to make the logo legible without requiring a complete departure from the original. It almost made me wish Sega was publishing Shenmue 3 because clearly some part of them still understands this brand.
by Xandui
Sun Apr 15, 2018 2:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue 1 & 2 HD announced for PS4 / XBOX ONE / PC

All these long years I've hoped for a rerelease of Shenmue 1 and 2 just as much, if not more so, than getting Shenmue 3. Not being able to share this game with others has been so frustrating. I always felt like so many people would love Shenmue if only given a chance to play it. Regardless of how Shenmue 3 turns out, I'm just grateful these masterpieces will be immortalized and accessible for years to come without needing a dreamcast emulator.

Thank you to all the Shenmue fans who've relentlessly pestered Sega about this for so many years!
by Xandui
Fri Apr 13, 2018 10:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic