Search found 120 matches

Return

Re: Random Gaming Thoughts (Read OP Before Posting)

Occasionally, I look on ebay for random dreamcast shit to see what rare stuff pops up. I took a look today and found this oddity. Has anyone ever heard of it before? $25000 seems pretty steep, but then again I have never seen it before. I know the Divers 2000 DC is super rare, but this thing may blow it out of the water.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Sega-Fish-Life-Console-for-the-first-time-on-ebay-Japan-exclusive-hard-to-find-/122616869616?hash=item1c8c88f2f0:g:jj0AAOSwawVZd-va
by myshtuff
Fri Sep 01, 2017 6:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

IGN got James Franco to do video game voices in the voice of Tommy Wiseau from The Room/Disaster Artist. One of the lines is Ryo from Shenmue. Pretty funny.

phpBB [video]
by myshtuff
Sun Dec 10, 2017 8:04 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What movie are you watching right now?

After watching the documentary "Jim and Andy" on Netflix, I finally watched "Man on the Moon". It was really fascinating to watch and pretty crazy how into character he got. I would highly recommend both movies if you haven't watched either.
by myshtuff
Sun Dec 31, 2017 10:22 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Random Shenmue Thoughts

Lately I've been reminiscing about gaming and pondered about why after so many years of gaming (including skipping a couple of console generations) I still regard Shenmue as my personal greatest of all time.

I was doing the same thing the other day when I was explaining to a friend why I was so pumped for 3. I remember going to Blockbuster not long after 1 came out and I rented it. Had no idea wtf it was, but seemed interesting enough. I got it and honestly stopped playing after disc 1. I couldn't bare to finish it. I guess it was too boring for me. However, that was one of the first times I got into Japanese culture and started learning about it. About 3 months later I went back to Blockbuster and it was summer so I had more time on my hand. I saw it again and figured I would give it another shot and I remembered it too. I brought it home and for some reason I was hooked after I became more open minded. From there, I became fascinated with Japan and started reading more manga and watching more anime than before. That spiraled into me learning basic Japanese in school, eventually going to Japan for multiple vacations (one of which was to visit Yokosuka/Dobuita), and even working in Okinawa for 6 months after that. I of course love both games now and can't wait for 3. However, at this point, I think I love what the game did for my life more than the game itself which is why it will always mean something for me. This is also why 1 will always be my favorite over 2 and most likely 3. It started it all for me and every time I go back to start a new run of the game, it takes me back to that same time of learning about Japan for the first time.
by myshtuff
Mon Jan 08, 2018 7:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What Song Are You Listening To Now?

I'm not sure how I have just found out about these 2 sites, but they are great.

Jet Set Radio themed stations
http://jetsetradio.live/

Sega Music in general
https://www.radiosega.net/

I can't stop listening to both! \:D/
by myshtuff
Sun Jan 07, 2018 4:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Nice to have Features for HD Release

Can I get the option to play in Japanese audio for S1, but still have Goro's english voice? I'd really like that.
by myshtuff
Sat Apr 14, 2018 10:29 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Return of the Passport?

70 person battle leaderboards will get intense.
by myshtuff
Sat Apr 14, 2018 10:33 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Nice to have Features for HD Release

In addition to the features that will be in the HD release, here is what I would love to see if they have time to implement.

1. All extras from the xbox version of Shenmue 2 added. i.e. Comics from the missing boat chapter and photo filters.
2. A main screen menu where you can boot into all of Yu's arcade games, lucky hit, the duck race, and the 70 person battle.
3. Of course transferring saves between all 3 games. :)
4. What's Shenmue demo.
5. Archive/museum of old promo videos and artowrk.

What else would people like to see as nice to have features?

Honestly, they could release this game on the Atari 2600 and I would play it so I'll take anything.
by myshtuff
Sat Apr 14, 2018 8:16 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The possibility of HD Saves carrying over to Shenmue III

I better be able to carry over those cassette tapes and listen to Tom's rap on repeat while going through the green hills of China.
by myshtuff
Sat Apr 14, 2018 8:06 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: "5% of what he knows" says Adam Koralik?

ShenSun wrote: Ryo can now use the toilet.

Toilet paper is paid dlc though.
by myshtuff
Sun Apr 15, 2018 2:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What trophies/achievements do you want to see in 1 & 2 H

"Especially because you bought merchandise" - Get 5 losing lotto tickets in a row at Tomato Convenience Store.
by myshtuff
Sun Apr 15, 2018 9:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What are you most looking forward to?

Showing my friends the game for the first time. I have 3 different friends who I've raved to about the game for years, but they've never played it. When it comes out I may have a party to show them all the game and get them hyped so they can buy it.
by myshtuff
Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:18 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

My wife and I just got tickets to E3 this year. I am pretty excited to go especially with last night's Shenmue HD announcement. I will definitely be stopping by Sega's booth to see what merchandise they have to buy. Can't wait.
by myshtuff
Sat Apr 14, 2018 8:25 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Official Gaming Music Topic

Henry Spencer wrote:Doing a replay of SH2 for the first time since the PS2 era and being reminded of Akira Yamaoka's OST.
Masterpiece. Probably still his best work yet.

Thats crazy. I just started playing Silent Hill 2 on xbox for the first time a couple weeks back. Man this game is creepy as fuck even today.
by myshtuff
Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic