Search found 120 matches

Return

Re: Sega: "We’d like to win back the customers’ trust"

Says the company shitting out another sonic boom game. I call bullshit until we see some evidence that they truly care.
by myshtuff
Wed Jul 08, 2015 8:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: KUNG POW II

Weeeeeuuuuuuuuuooooweeuuuweoweueeeeee
by myshtuff
Fri Jul 31, 2015 6:24 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Craft Beer

I went to Stone brewery when I was in Escondido for work. Cool place. Locally in Cincinnati we have Madtree and Rhinegeist which have grown in popularity the last few years, but I imagine it's not available outside Cincinnati.

Edit: Oh wtf. Just found out Angry Orchard is here also. Weird.
by myshtuff
Sat Aug 01, 2015 7:05 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Konami Ceases Development On Console Games

He had reportedly fallen out with Konami's big bosses.

Heh.
by myshtuff
Fri Sep 18, 2015 7:47 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What TV series are you watching?

I have been watching Star Trek the Next Generation a bit, DVRing random episodes off BBC.

Also a pretty funny show on adult swim, I have been watching rick and morty when I eat breakfast, I like all the back to the future inspiration in it, though its alot more fucked up comedy but gold to the right sense of humor.

I love ST: TNG. However, recently I finished Deep Space Nine. Holy shit. It has surpassed TNG to become my favorite Trek series. Such an amazing story and nothing is black and white as with other Trek series. This quote still sticks with me.

http://quotespictures.net/quotes-pictures-pics/2014/05/the-road-to-hell-benjamin-sisko.jpg

Rick and Morty is also hilarious. Really funny show that caught me by surprise.

I have been watching the live action GTO series on Crunchyroll. I have always loved the manga and the anime wasn't bad. However, the show itself is great and they cast Onizuka perfectly.

http://www.jpopasia.com/i1/news/4/15885-22pcpyt4r6.jpg
by myshtuff
Thu Oct 01, 2015 8:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What movie are you watching right now?

The original Halloween. Got the 35th anniversary bluray. Looks really nice.
by myshtuff
Sat Oct 31, 2015 10:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: New Star Trek TV Show, Seriously

Man I'm gonna feel bad for Michael Dorn if this isn't his Worf Chronicles pitch. He's been trying so hard to get that greenlit.
by myshtuff
Tue Nov 03, 2015 10:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

http://images.moviepostershop.com/sonatine-movie-poster-1998-1020213043.jpg

This was an interesting Yakuza movie. It was even cooler that it took place on Okinawa. I don't know if I liked it more because of the fact that I was in Okinawa for 6 months and it was nice to see it again in such an intimate fashion. Either way its an interesting movie worth checking out. Takeshi Kitano is as good as always.
by myshtuff
Tue Dec 29, 2015 3:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Sharing My Work/First Website (1 year later)

So for years now in my spare time I have done things like do photography, write, draw, etc. For the longest time I was super shy about sharing any of it, but I do enjoy showing my close friends what I do. Starting this year, one of the things I wanted to work on is getting outside my comfort zone by showing my work more. That is why I have been creating my very own website for the last few days. As of tonight it is finally done (for now) and I would like to share it with all of you. If you have a moment I would greatly appreciate it if you could take a look at the below link.

http://www.AlexSpivak.com

It has alot of my work on there as well as what inspires me. Feel free to provide suggestions as this is my first time doing something like this so I am generally open to most critiques.

My goal is to work on creating more and more for others to see and hopefully this is the first step in the right direction.

Thank you very much! :P
by myshtuff
Wed Jan 13, 2016 10:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What is the longest you've waited for a game?

Duke Nukem Forever. After the reviews came out I still haven't played it.
by myshtuff
Fri Jan 22, 2016 9:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Random Thoughts

Nice congrats! Amazon studios passed on my script. :(
by myshtuff
Tue Jan 26, 2016 5:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What would you include in Shenmue 3 so it's more realist

Actually walking around listening to your cassette player instead of standing in the middle of traffic listening to Tom's Hot Dogs theme music.
by myshtuff
Tue Mar 08, 2016 9:02 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: General Anime Discussion

Just watched the last Ghibli movie, When Marnie Was There.

Jesus christ I was not ready for all the feels. Very good movie and was not expecting it at all.
by myshtuff
Thu Jan 21, 2016 9:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue title change

Shenmue 3: Sailor's Revenge

Pre-order now to get glass of milk dlc
by myshtuff
Mon Apr 18, 2016 6:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Recent Gaming Purchases

http://doomwiki.org/w/images/2/28/Doom_Cover.jpg

Just got this on PC the other day and started playing. I really like it so far. Definitely reminiscent of classic Doom with very fast paced action and little time to waste. Music is good and the enemies are fun. I don't do multiplayer normally, but I checked it out. It reminds me of old Unreal tournament/Quake, but they still added the progression system with unlocking better weapons as you play which I absolutely hate. Doesn't matter to me though, because I bought Doom for single player. I would recommend it for sure.
by myshtuff
Sun May 22, 2016 8:24 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

As of last Friday I am now 100% debt free. No more student loans or car loan. It honestly feels like a weight has been lifted off my shoulders. I'm not sure what to do now. Maybe a $400,000 crack party?
by myshtuff
Sat Jun 11, 2016 7:01 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

St. Elmo's Fire wrote: *DEFINITELY* the last bit!^

Seriously though, nice one!

Thanks! :D
My mistake, it was actually $450,000.
by myshtuff
Sat Jun 11, 2016 8:52 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

phpBB [video]
by myshtuff
Thu Jul 21, 2016 7:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Just received my exchange vouchers for the shinkansen and Studio Ghibli tickets for my trip to Japan in October. Can't wait to go back. Woo. :O
by myshtuff
Sat Jul 30, 2016 5:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What are your PC specs?

PU: Intel I7 4770k @3.5 ghz
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z87X-UD4H
Memory: 8GB
OS Drive: 120GB samsung SSD
Storage Drive: 2 separate 1 TB HDDs from Toshiba
GPU: EVGA Geforce GTX660
Case: Corsair
Power Supply: Corsair CX 600M

Cost me about $1000 2 years ago and still runs like a charm and plays basically anything. In the next few months or so I may get a new GPU though as it is a tad outdated.
by myshtuff
Sun Jul 31, 2016 10:24 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What's your biggest Shenmue mystery?

Will I ever actually get a fucking boombox from the tomato convenience store raffle?
by myshtuff
Thu Aug 04, 2016 1:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Justice League

Just saw it last night also. I feel like I sat through a 2 hour movie about nothing. Also, why was Enchantress samba dancing during the entire final scene? She kept gyrating and I was so confused why she was doing that.
by myshtuff
Sun Aug 07, 2016 10:21 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Why is today's Music so "crap" now?

What's funny is that I've kinda taken a music break this past 6 months after discovering podcasts. I listened to nothing but podcasts and did a sort of cleansing of music. When I went back to it, my standard music sounded refreshing again and led me to find new artists as well. Another thing that I think helps is finding music not in your language. Just because you can't understand them doesn't mean it's not good.
by myshtuff
Sun Aug 14, 2016 9:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

At the 50th anniversary Star Trek convention this weekend in NYC. Got my photo with Levar Burton yesterday and when I told him he was why I became an engineer, he gave me a fist bump. My life is complete now. \:D/
by myshtuff
Sat Sep 03, 2016 7:34 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Random Shenmue Thoughts

I'm in Japan right now for vacation. Last night I went to Lawson's for some food. After I made my purchase I was able to put my hand in a raffle ticket box to win a prize. Didn't win anything, but I was really hoping for a boom box. [-o<
by myshtuff
Sat Oct 08, 2016 2:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Random Gaming Thoughts (Read OP Before Posting)

Nearly pissed myself when I watched this.

phpBB [video]
by myshtuff
Sat Jan 14, 2017 12:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Recent Gaming Purchases

I went a little overboard these last few weeks, but fuck it I haven't bought games in forever and I am about to get my yearly bonus.

Got an original model PS4 with a 1TB HDD off ebay. I can finally join everyone in the year 2014 and play PS4 games.
http://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0762/1493/files/PS4-Old_grande.png?5953189323513169241

Pre-ordered Yakuza 0
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/b/ba/Yakuza0.jpg/250px-Yakuza0.jpg

Tokyo Xtreme Racer for DC
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/1/1d/Tokyo_Xtreme_Racer_Coverart.jpg/250px-Tokyo_Xtreme_Racer_Coverart.jpg

Cosmic Smash. Been wanting this game for a loooooong time. So good.
http://www.theisozone.com/images/cover/dreamcast-1323416884.jpg

Behar Bros Toro VGA Box
http://static.wixstatic.com/media/1a1987_9084e2d5dd37455bbdb98a6617e51b9a.png_srz_580_331_85_22_0.50_1.20_0.00_png_srz

Atlona VGA to HDMI Converter
https://s.blogcdn.com/www.engadget.com/media/2010/02/atlona-hdmi-02-20100218-600.jpg

Yeah I am gonna be busy for a little while... :rotflmao:
by myshtuff
Mon Jan 23, 2017 8:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Yakuza series

I need an entire series HD collection on PS4. Please and thank you Sony...
by myshtuff
Tue Jan 24, 2017 9:02 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What TV series are you watching?

Been watching Hannibal. Man this show has some really sick shit in it. Great story and Mads Mikkelson is phenomenal.
by myshtuff
Sun Feb 05, 2017 12:56 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Review The Last Game You Beat

Just beat The Last of Us Remastered. Man what a great game. I loved the story and the gameplay was really engaging. I normally dislike survival games, but this game somehow made it enjoyable. It wasn't too overbearing, but you still had to be mindful of what ammo you did have. It really forced you to use stealth techniques and not run and gun either. Would highly recommend people play this. I also got it for $17 on amazon so I can't complain about the price either.
by myshtuff
Mon Mar 13, 2017 6:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Manga Recommendation Topic

This is really good. So sad that he's gone, but man what a great manga to go out on. Just as good as his animes.
by myshtuff
Sun Sep 18, 2016 7:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Got married over the weekend in Vegas in a rocky horror picture show ceremony. I can now officially say my wife and I were married by a fictional alien transvestite in fish net stockings. It's gonna be one hell of an ice breaker for the rest of my life.
by myshtuff
Mon Jun 05, 2017 10:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Blizzard has Sonikku committed

Sonikku,

I sincerely hope you do well and remember that people will always be there to support you. I've been a member here for years and even though I haven't spoken to you in depth by any means, I have​ always enjoyed your posts as has everyone else. That alone makes you valuable. You life, while hard and filled with challenges, is worth living. Also, don't be afraid to keep asking for help. It sounds like you've been trying to get work in the medical field perhaps. If so, please PM me. I'm an engineer at Johnson and Johnson and while I cannot guarantee you a job as I'm not a manager, I can keep an eye out for opportunities and put your name in for internal referrals across all of J&J. No pressure though. Do what makes you happy.

Take care and please please please get better. At the very least, PM me your address. I'll order you a pizza. Noone can be sad eating a pizza. :)
by myshtuff
Mon Jun 05, 2017 10:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Submit your question for Eric Kelso interview

Is there a game series you would like to be part of that you haven't been in already?
by myshtuff
Sun Jun 11, 2017 8:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Random Gaming Thoughts (Read OP Before Posting)

I definitely agree. I finally got a PS4 back in February so I've been catching​ up on games since then. It's been one game after another nonstop. All of which have been great and I have more coming soon. It's a phenomenal console.
by myshtuff
Wed Jun 14, 2017 7:56 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Persona 5

Just started P5 the other day. Never really played a persona game before besides a little of 3. This game is great. They really got the feel of Japan down. I was even laughing when I went to Central street and saw a Nigerian dude trying to get you to come to his bar. Too damn real.
by myshtuff
Sun Jun 18, 2017 8:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Persona 5

Oooo I'll have to give em a try then. I was a little on the fence about this game because I normally don't like dungeon crawlers, but so far it's good. I just hope it doesn't get too repetitive.
by myshtuff
Sun Jun 18, 2017 10:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: YSNET officially announce the delay of Shenmue 3.

I've waited 16 years for Ryo to get out of that damn cave. I can wait one more. :)
by myshtuff
Thu Jun 08, 2017 9:01 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Eric Kelso interview (Phantom River Stone)

Finally got around to listening. Awesome job! Loved his enthusiasm.
by myshtuff
Thu Jun 22, 2017 1:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What are you currently playing?

The Switch with the wife.
Mario Kart 8 we are having fun. But..
Sniper Clips we are having a blast. After playing the demo we were hooked and immediately bought it. What a delightfully smart game. Having a couple drinks and yelling at each other "Ok now cut my head off!" "Don't stick it in there" etc. So many sexual innuendos and nonsense. GOTY lol

My wife and I are playing Snipperclips also. Super fun game. I feel like it's not getting the coverage it deserves.
by myshtuff
Sun Jun 25, 2017 3:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Star Trek Beyond & Star Trek Into Darkness. I watch because I love Star Trek but I really don't approve of JJ Trek in many ways. I don't hate them. I just have some issues with them. Nitpicks really.

As a star trek fan I usually explain it like this. The latest star trek movies are good action movies that happen to be set in the star trek universe. They aren't good star trek movies, but they are still fun to watch. Hell, even the original movies weren't that great. There were maybe 2-3 that were good and the rest weren't worth watching. Star trek will always be best in the shows where there is time to develop stories and characters.
by myshtuff
Wed Jun 28, 2017 6:09 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Blizzard has Sonikku committed

Bit of an update. :) Going to New York City for the first time in my life tomorrow for a consultation with Dr Jess Ting for SRS. I'm feeling equal parts excitement and anxiousness right now, tempered by caution on account of the countless seemingly promising opportunities to move forward with transition that have always ended up falling through up to this point.

Good luck! Also enjoy some good food while you're there. :P
by myshtuff
Sun Aug 13, 2017 8:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: PAYPAL SUPPORT FOR SHENMUE 3! PRE-ORDER FOR PS4/PC!

So if I already pledged to the game on Kickstarter for PC how would I go about ordering another copy for PS4? Do I do the pre-order through the normal shenmue 3 website?
by myshtuff
Mon Aug 21, 2017 6:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I just watched Death note on Netflix. I'm literally speechless. I wasn't expecting much going into this, but Jesus Christ this may be one of the worst adaptations and movies period. It was so unbearably bad. Close to nothing was kept from the original manga other than what the deathnote was and honestly they got some parts wrong. There's the obvious whitewashing bs but whatever on that. Light tried to be an edgelord the whole movie which is not the point of his character. Super awkward music scenes. Story didn't make sense alot of the time. This is some mystery science theater material right here. Holy fuck Netflix what happened? Granted I'm a huge fan of the source material, but that aside this is absolute garbage. One saving Grace is Willam Dafoe as Ryuk. He did well surprisingly and it fit his voice.
by myshtuff
Fri Aug 25, 2017 9:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic