Search found 22 matches

Return

Re: Shenmue III Kickstarter marketing is fucking terrible.

Agreed, it's a badly made kick-starter.. I've had my own successful kick-starter in the past and it was more professional than this.

It seem's aimed towards existing fans, there is nothing to entice new fans to pledge.

If they had just given it another month of putting in some solid work for the pitch it would have made 10 million already.
by jasonorme666
Thu Jun 18, 2015 12:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Character New Year outfits..

Amazing.. this is why I LOVE Shenmue.

I just dug out my copies of shenmue 1 & 2 and I'm really taking my time with it.
And just when I thought I'd seen everything there was to see in Shenmue, new years day comes around and some of the characters clothes have changed.

Now this is probably nothing new to most of you, but I got that little rush of excitement of seeing something new.

https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xfp1/v/t1.0-9/10995364_10206114224110806_3555702927288288012_n.jpg?oh=ecfa414947bf428ccf1701a3ca88da76&oe=562F89EC
by jasonorme666
Mon Jun 22, 2015 2:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Trophies/Achievements You'd Like To See In HD Versions..

Here are a few I quickly made using http://www.says-it.com/achievement/steam.php

https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xla1/v/t1.0-9/12512445_10207766109006896_2716204829272823607_n.jpg?oh=e88a6e03922d5ad345dd74128fc2690a&oe=575DC5B9
https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xft1/v/t1.0-9/12794436_10207766108966895_1589781592755446711_n.jpg?oh=e38cd52f56709ab7ada842974b510007&oe=576D1D59
https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xlt1/v/t1.0-9/12802858_10207766109046897_7458093165697763159_n.jpg?oh=05cc4d00fb8af1b451643372f2c52d1f&oe=575917B6
by jasonorme666
Sun Feb 28, 2016 5:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Could anything beat Shenmue 1 & 2?

I started playing Yakuza to fill the void of Shenmue just because someone said they were similar.
Don't get me wrong, sometimes you get a bit of a Shenmue moment.. but I quickly found that I was enjoying the game on its own merit.
I got Yakuza 2, completed that and went out and bought a PS3 just for Yakuza 3,4 & 5.
I purchased a PS4 just for Yakuza 0.
Shenmue gave me a reason to try these games out but I never expected to fall in love with them in the same way.
I now look forward to Yakuza 6 just as much as Shenmue 3.
by jasonorme666
Thu Mar 02, 2017 12:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Will Pool be back in Shenmue III?

"Hand over the chimichangas"

by jasonorme666
Thu May 04, 2017 3:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Why is Shenmue I better than Shenmue II

Shenmue 1 felt like you were playing a big fish in a small pond.
It pretty much nailed the point that you're a naive teenager surrounded by the comfort of people who love you in a familiar location. The progression is Ryo realizing that through his hot-headed persistence and that using his fists he can do anything.
Shenmue 2 captured being fish out of water perfectly.
Ryo is thrown into the deep end, he's lost and way over his head. If it wasn't for the kindness of strangers and people teaching him how to survive and to calm his temper he would be killed.

From what I understand Shenmue is meant to be sadness, followed by anger and revenge, followed by forgiveness and that his skills are better spent on something much bigger than himself.

I honestly think Shenmue 3 will slow things down a bit, but with some big action scenes.
by jasonorme666
Sun Jun 04, 2017 5:35 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: New Ryo & Shenhua models from press release

The more I see the Ryo model while scrolling down my twitter feed, the more I like it.
by jasonorme666
Sat Aug 19, 2017 5:19 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: "Unlike Shenmue II it won't use the Virtua engine."

I think the old fighting system would age Shenmue 3 terribly.
I'd welcome a new system, look at the Batman Arkham games, the way you chain, block and counter attack is stunning to watch and flows beautifully.
It would be perfect for a martial arts themed game.
by jasonorme666
Thu Aug 24, 2017 4:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: "Unlike Shenmue II it won't use the Virtua engine."

I think the old fighting system would age Shenmue 3 terribly.
I'd welcome a new system, look at the Batman Arkham games, the way you chain, block and counter attack is stunning to watch and flows beautifully.
It would be perfect for a martial arts themed game.

What? No, no, no, NO! They should stay as far away as possible from that awful system. One button to attack and one button to counter? It is beyond terrible. Shenmue I and II still have the best fighting system out of any adventure type game, it is definetly better than the Batman Arkham series. Having said that though, it seems like no game has quite got the art of combat down quite right. They're still far away from reaching the pinnacle.

I'd say Yakuza was the best.
And Shenmues fighting the best?.. come on.. I love Shenmue but it was horrible and clunky even back then.

I appreciate the reply man, thank you.

After reading all that it really sounds like Arkham and Sleeping Dogs like combat, yeah the combat in Sleeping Dogs is pretty but Shenmue had you feeling tense. It made you want to learn moves and practise so you can get better and utilize those moves in combat to make it easier. Catering to the Kyle Hilliard's (See Game Informer Shenmue/II Let's Play) of gamers sounds like a mistake, the people that just want to beat the bad guy instantaneously without any skill or training. Yes games should be fun but part of the thrill, part of that fun is that feeling you get when you put in the work, trained learned some combo's and use it to beat that difficult boss finally, that's all part of the fun. It gives you an amazing feeling of accomplishment and let's you feel more immersed in the world especially when it's not a retry and you have to find those bad guys again as a result of your failure and Shenmue is all about that kind of immersion.

I felt Arkham combat to be far more tactical than Shenmue, it was simple (which I feel is right up Yu's alley) but was all about mastering timing.
Shenmue combat was just button mashing, I don't think I've ever had to repeat a battle maybe with the exception of a couple in Shenmue 2.
Training was never really important and since you never knew when a battle was going to take place (unless your 2nd playthrough) you never had to focus on getting better.. you just kept repeating the same battle but finding 1 move to exploit.
by jasonorme666
Fri Aug 25, 2017 6:29 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Unreal Engine 4 and my concerns

As a game developer with experience with UE4 your post makes absolutely no sense to me.
It's nothing more than a pointless ramble in an attempt to sound as if you have some sort of experience or knowledge of the game development process.
by jasonorme666
Sat Sep 09, 2017 12:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Yakuza series

Love these games.. If I had to rank them I'd say...

Yakuza 3
Yakuza 5
Yakuza 4
Yakuza 1
Yakuza 2
by jasonorme666
Tue Jun 21, 2016 2:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Lan-Di and red dressed woman in background of teaser!

Yes.. lets all shit on a clearly excited fan who made the mistake of thinking he was showing us something new.
by jasonorme666
Tue Sep 26, 2017 11:13 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Best shenmue 3 version for the future.

PC is always the best way forward for things like this.
There are large modding communities who I dare say will create custom save game import/export system for Shenmue.
by jasonorme666
Fri Dec 22, 2017 3:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Random Shenmue III Thoughts

Corey Marshall is extremely liberal and hates Trump. So many Shenmue fans are... inexplicably (to me) Trump supporters. The vast majority of Shenmue fans support and are glad that Corey Marshall is revising his role as the voice actor of Ryo Hazuki. Furthermore, the character Ryo Hazuki himself would be considered pretty damn liberal himself, outside of his whole revenge quest thing which he is honestly expected to give up on at some point and focus on the greater picture of Shenmue world which hasn't really been revealed yet but is probably more important than a few peoples deaths in the grand scheme of things.

And no I am not looking to start a conversation or an argument, I'm just pointing out how I find it quite ironic that so many peoples hero, in real life and in-game they would call a snowflake or a cuck if they personally knew them outside of gaming.

When did Ryo Hazuki being "pretty damn liberal" become apparent to you? Was it when he assumed Lishao Tao was a man, or was it when he beat up that transvestite in the zebra pants?

Best post ever.
by jasonorme666
Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:43 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Random Shenmue III Thoughts

Ryo’s father was killed by someone who illegally entered the country, quite clear he’d vote for someone who would stop that kinda thing from happening.

Also nice to know that people who lean right can’t be friends with foreigners.

I was thinking the same thing, apparently, it's only liberals who are selfless and help others out, feed orphaned cats and drink cola in two attempts.
Has the world become so black and white that we have to start giving fictional characters a political affiliation.

I play games to get away from politics and how messed up the world is.
by jasonorme666
Tue Jan 02, 2018 3:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Why isn't Sega funding Shenmue III?

Have you ever had Japanese Whisky?, it's hard not to get a drinking habit with that around.
by jasonorme666
Sun Jan 07, 2018 8:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Lets Talk Shenmue HD

If we get a nice remake with a bit more work put into it I'm looking forward to seeing:

Rainy days when the ground is reflecting light sources such as the neon signs.
Snow settling on Ryo's jacket.
Real bloom from the sun and light sources that dazzle your eyes as the sun sets over the houses in Sakuragaoka.
Possible puddles when it rains (again, reflecting).
To see the sun glistening off the sea waves in the harbor.
by jasonorme666
Tue Jan 09, 2018 3:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Random Shenmue Thoughts

Shenmue was the first game I ever played where I unconsciously developed an internal dialogue which would now be known as "roleplaying".
I found myself saying, "I better go check in on Ine-San" or "I will just play a quick game of darts before going back to work".
Other things such as making sure Ryo drank frequently, and I'd buy chocolate and crisps for him to eat (even though you couldn't actually eat them).
I would choose Coffee if the weather was cold, and would try to stay under shelter or indoors if the weather was too bad.
I'd develop daily routines that were broken up by story progression.

I had never felt that way before about a game, character or environment.

A few exceptions being GTA V and Skyrim.
by jasonorme666
Tue Jan 09, 2018 3:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What are you most looking forward to?

Getting as many toy capsules as I can in Shenmue 1, so I can pawn them in Shenmue 2.
by jasonorme666
Wed Apr 25, 2018 4:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: How do you hope they handle the load screens?

Just display it for a few seconds, I'm fine with that.
by jasonorme666
Wed Apr 25, 2018 4:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Topcashback giving £15 cashback at Game.co.uk

Sorry if this seems a bit advertised, but the wife and I have been taking advantage of these cashback sites you get in the UK, getting free dominos pizzas and whatnot.

But this one really caught my eye and seemed too good to miss, so I ordered Shenmue 1 & 2 on PS4.

£15 cashback from a purchase at Game.co.uk when you join Topcashback.
https://www.topcashback.co.uk/ref/jasonorme666 (that's my referral link).
It also works for Steam cards if you plan on getting it on Steam.

I just thought it might be useful for those people who are sitting on the fence about buying a 2nd copy on a different platform.

A little graphic I quickly made for Twitter because I couldn't get all the info in a tweet.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DcIGzsNXcAAo0jP.png
by jasonorme666
Tue May 01, 2018 1:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Topcashback giving £15 cashback at Game.co.uk

I may sound like I am asking a silly question but does this work on pre-orders. I know quidco don't do it on pre-orders.

Like a lot of cashback sites, it's down to GAME's discretion. If they want to be awkward they can, but you can always try to appeal it, but it can be a lengthy process.

My advice with any kind of cashback site is, if you can afford the item, and want the item, do it, and just consider the cashback a bonus rather than a guarantee.
by jasonorme666
Wed May 02, 2018 12:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic