Search found 629 matches

Return

Re: Shenmue HD announced for PS4 / XBOX ONE / PC

Alright guys i have had some time to ponder on this and i have some things to say.

Firstly my god how jealous are all of us vets going to be of the people who get play these games for the first time? Think about THAT!

Secondly will the modern audience "get" Shenmue? And my prediction is that Shenmue is more ready to be recived than EVER before! Lets be honest Shenmue was way ahead of its time and I think the modern audience is much much more aware of japanese and asian culture, which many have argued was a huge barrier of these games when they originally came out, oh how the times have changed. But over the past 2 decades i believe its just become easier for a game like Shenmue to have a world wide audience (TY Yakuza! Your role in this is an entire different discussion for another topic!) and its time everyone relived the OG franchise!

Thirdly what this means for Shenmue 3. Well Sega has some how pulled the rabbit out of its hat and surprised everyone! Sure there was some hints here and these but with how jaded and let down this community had been over the years, its easy to see why any shenmue news is a surprise and feels foreign.

Now that these are coming i wanna approach Yu in his exec chair at YSNet give him a shoulder rub while saying "Relax my man, go ahead and take your sweet time with Shenmue 3, we have the remasters to tide us over and need time for them to gel with all these new players. Gravy train baby, GRAVY TRAIN!" hehe

And as my last thoughts ill leave everyone with this, Will Sega officially endorse Shenmue 3 or perhaps 4 and beyond when/if they are the success everyone is hoping for? Give Yu the remaining budget he needs to make the Shenmue 3 everything that fans want? How would kickstarter backers feel about this? Cant wait to see how everything unfolds from here! These Remasters are a game changer for everything moving forward, the ground work is set and everything is perfect now.

Long live Shenmue!!!
by AnimeGamer183
Sat Apr 14, 2018 8:31 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Random Shenmue HD Thoughts

Just as long as the keep the weird back pack glitch, I remember the first time I ran into it well.
by AnimeGamer183
Tue Apr 24, 2018 9:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Recent Gaming Purchases

Its about damn time OL. Uta is a good series, but I wouldnt doubt if its too anime for you, but maybe you have come around on that too and can enjoy the perverted parts and shameless fan service. My girl played Blue Reflection and loved it to death, but its a bit too girly for even me, but she is a huge sailor moon fan so it was right up her alley.
by AnimeGamer183
Mon Apr 30, 2018 6:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Random Gaming Thoughts (Read OP Before Posting)

In a bit of a gaming funk. With all this news about Shenmue HD Collection, and all these rumors about a Xenosaga HD collection, and me hearing about all the Xenogears and Xenosaga references and character appearances in Xenoblade Chronicles 2, and with Yakuza 6 having just dropped. Those series are really all I even want to play right now, and I am unable to play any of them at the moment... so yeah, feels awkward to not want to play any of the games I have at my disposal atm.

I'll just keep on watching YouTube videos about the Xeno series lore and world and how each game can be connected, I just find it fascinating how deep this series goes and how all the references in each game can connect them all, and not to mention the crazy complicated themes presented in this series. I am frothing at the mouth wanting to play Xenoblade 2 right now... I DONT EVEN HAVE A SWITCH
by AnimeGamer183
Sat Apr 28, 2018 4:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Kickstarter update #81 - Shenmue 3 delayed until 2019

I am perfectly okay with this in the wake of the news of the HD Collection. Now we get to have a Shenmue party in 2018 AND in 2019! READY THE BOOZE! \:D/ \:D/ \:D/
by AnimeGamer183
Wed May 16, 2018 1:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Yakuza series

Yeah, since it doesnt seem like these will be releasing as a collection, and will be release individually, that might play into whether or not they come over, BUT I am starting to think that may not even be an issue because dont look now, but Yakuza 0 has been out for over a year and it hasnt hit the $19.99 bargain bin yet, its going for 39.99 which means that there has been no need to put it on clearance or that its still not selling, and why shouldnt it still be selling when players still need time to play 0, kiwami 1, and prepare for 2 to come out, makes sense.

No idea how many copies its sold, but I have seen Y0 pop up in some surpsising lists for example: Playstation Access Had it as one of "7 PlayStation Exclusives Every PS4 Owner Loves to Show Off" (ill link below, great YT channel btw) along side God of War, Horizon Zero Dawn, Uncharted 4, Bloodborne, and Persona 5, that made me raise an eye brow that Yakuza may have busted into main stream a bit which does sound unheard of for us long time fans. Also I saw alot of people going out of their way to talk about Yakuza 6 around launch too.

https://youtu.be/xAvE8w0B8iE?t=493

Wait for the bit where Holly starts going off about how good the game is, its good shit and I know everyone will appreciate it and crack a smile. :lol:
by AnimeGamer183
Tue May 22, 2018 9:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Sega just announced Yakuza 3,4,5 for PS4 in Japan late this year. My guess is fall 2019 we get them in the west.
http://ryokutya2089.com/archives/10426

As they are simply remasters, I will be skipping out.

Just waiting for Shin and 7, at this point.

I wouldnt be so fast about Yakuza 3 at the very least, as it will likely contain all the other missions and content that was cut out of the original western release, course it may be the original one too.

That being said, this is GRAND news, especially for me who was explaining not that long ago I am more or less screwed on ever playing 5 because of the way it was released here, but low and behold, an announcement for Y3-5 on PS4 and we were just talking about this just a few weeks ago, CALLED IT.

At any rate we should wait for a western announcement although it does seem inevitable, I wonder which version of Y3 they may give us? Hopefully thats not a burden, or maybe they just re localize all 3 of these games again and start with a fresh translation, that could remedy it.

Its been getting Shenmue and Yakuza crazy lately huh? :shock:
by AnimeGamer183
Tue May 22, 2018 4:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Random Thoughts

I can't believe I've been on this forum for over 6 years.
You're just a tadpole! Some of us old schoolers here are so old and elite, they had to start pinning our medals to our pants .

https://i.imgur.com/UH0Ulpb.jpg

Whats that? Need some help putting away your pants medals, eh sonikku? Well you are in luck, so do I! ;-) :heart:
by AnimeGamer183
Tue May 29, 2018 8:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Also of note that Yakuza 6 had the greatest western launch in the series history! =D>

And to think that Sega almost scrapped the series in the west with Yakuza 5, apparently the petition for Y5 is what really sparked the interest for the series again. Good thing we told Sega about all the money we wanted to give them, we practicaly just shoved money in their pockets with that one. Weird how we literally have to do things like that to get Sega to give us what we want, but to hear Sega say these Remasters are FOR new overseas fans, wow. I believe gone are the days where we will be speculating and wondering if the next Yakuza game will come west (I'm looking at you OL ). Its a hell of a time to be a Shenmue and Yakuza fan!
by AnimeGamer183
Wed May 30, 2018 10:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I have not played XBC2 yet, the second video wasnt about anything being connected, just that there was an excerpt from the booklet in OST set saying XBCX2 and XBC3 are both on Monolith/Tetsuya Takahashis radar. Just need a formal announcement and I wouldnt doubt if at least one of those is already in the early to mid stages.

IMO Monolith and Xenoblade are at the forefront of JRPG development at this point, taking over Square-Enix and Final Fantasy/Dragon Quest, they have provided quality games in efficient time frames and are proving they are the top dogs of the genre anymore and I couldnt be happier with that fact and this series and Takahashi and his team deserve all the credit they are getting, its a bit of surprise too considering the first Xenoblade wasnt even supposed to come out in the west.
by AnimeGamer183
Sat May 26, 2018 4:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I dont really get how more games are bad, the switch is selling like hot cakes an in order for that to continue they are putting games on the machine that people want. Why complain about a list of games you probably wont play anyway? Let the people that do want them play them, its not a bad thing and keeps Nintendo alive for longer. Nintendo is finally in a situation (for now) where developers and publishers can actually multiplat games on all 3 consoles which we havent seen since the GameCube and not only that but finally pulling back the veil that their console is children oriented, but now its too much? I am happy for them, DO YOU NINTENDO! =D>
by AnimeGamer183
Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Random Thoughts

So what you guys are saying is that since this site's inception the same few trolls/crazies keep crawling back under different names for a span of what, 15 years? What kind of nuthouse is this place I got myself into?

At different points in the history of this place, yes, and a few rare cases of it going on over extended years. This place was attacked and brought down a good few times in the more early years and I am trying to remember long it was down for at its worst. We even had a community divide and differences going on, and how many owners now? Part of it directly had to do with Shenmue going dark for over 10 years and obviously morale and activity dwindled during that time, but there was alot of differences in the earlier days of the series going dark that resulted in many different opinions about a number of different things even down to how the forums and site were run and the individuals in charge. The Shenmue community took a huge hit because Shenmue III essentially was silently canceled believe it or not, but some how this place has stayed here through the thick and thin, and that should be testament alone to how great Shenmue actually is. Ask some of the old veteran members to share a story or 2, as a whole everyone was extremely upset about Shenmue III in those days. Also ask about the epic stories that went on around here too ;-)
by AnimeGamer183
Sat Jun 16, 2018 3:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Recent Gaming Purchases

I picked up Kingdom Hearts 2.8 Gravity Rush 2 and Yakuza 0 today :mrgreen:
by AnimeGamer183
Thu Jun 28, 2018 8:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adam Koralik explains the re-releases (4:3, audio etc)

My take on the technical "issues" in the HD collection pretty much come down to this:

Could they have done all the things we are requesting? Absolutely, there are plenty of options and routes they could have taken to achieve things like 4k, 16:9 cut scenes, 60 frames per second etc. The entertainment business is full of tricks and techniques to make things happen that shouldnt be possible and many people have made a name for themselves inside the entertainment industry for discovering things like that. But Sega didnt go that route, and why didnt they? Because it just wasnt in their initial budget and plan for this HD collection id imagine, this is Sega we are talking about they have always been hesitant and cautious about Shenmue ever since the first 2 games came out, they allocated X amount of money and said get it done with this and we'll go from there.

That being said if Sega had known that this thing was going to top the pre-order charts in multiple countries around the world, maybe they would have included some of these features but they took the side of caution, also the price point would have likely changed they wouldnt have been able to keep the $30 price point which would have probably hurt sales and they avoided back lash from the price being too much say if they retailed it at $60 and even if at that price point it had all these extra assests you know people would bitching about either price or lack of features at $30, seems to me they made the right choice based on the information they had at the time.

And lets not forget how much money they lost on Shenmue the first time, we dont know when the Shenmue HD collection project started work and any of the behind closed doors details to make this thing happen. I think its also very important to note that since this collection has blown up that it isnt out of the realm of possibility for Sega to maybe patch some of these features in with later updates to please fans since we came out in droves for this thing. We just need to give it time and even if we dont get updates we still have another version of the game playable on current hardware.
by AnimeGamer183
Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic