The monkey chased the weasel;
The monkey thought 'twas all in fun,
POP! goes the weasel!
by KiBa
Fri Dec 21, 2012 1:45 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Another Competitor Enters the Ring - Valve Making Consol

I prefer making my own PC. no steam box for me.
by Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Sun Jan 06, 2013 6:41 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: RPG's thoughts/news doesn't fit elsewhere

AG I want to introduce you to the rest of your life, its called X.

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=45550
by Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ni No Kuni

Same thing happened to Johnny Millennium, Blue.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pd6_TuQOce0[/youtube]
by KiBa
Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:11 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Gaming thoughts of the day

Yeah, play First Departure on PSP. Great little SNES remake.
by OL
Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:34 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Random Thoughts! v2.0

AnimeGamer183 wrote:
KiBa wrote: I don't tip. Don't believe in it. Bosses should pay more. It's not my responsibility to pay another man's worker.

It is confirmed, Kiba is jewish.

Ooh no. That was too much stereotyping. Bad joke.

How is the south and your cousin girlfriend and I 'll tell you about my 16 wives.
:P
by Bluecast
Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Stop bein a depressin cunt.
That's like asking you to stop being an egotistical cunt. I do not believe either is possible sir. We can all enjoy cake.

Totally thuper awesome egotistical genius*.

@AG: You have a bird. You have t'interweb. You have games. You have music. You have food. You have drink. You have home. You have balls(?)
If all of that is true, you're fine. If the last one isn't, go out and get some. Either way, get your shit together, stop whinging about things that ain't goin your way, and focus on the things that are .

@Kenny: As a film I reckon it'd be pretty shit. A documentary though would be pretty decent.
by MiTT3NZ
Sun Jan 27, 2013 8:50 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

XC is my favorite game for years, 1st shenmue, maybe oblivion and saints row 2.
Exploring is all.
About 400 hours+ of my life on XC at least (counting exploring web sites, sleeping while the stick is on...)
just like shenmue 1&2.
Completionism is a motto for this type of game.
Not a game.
An Experience.
by tatsuya
Sun Jan 27, 2013 6:26 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

AnimeGamer183 wrote: Yet you were the one that insisted we have it, and did away with the devoted XB topic. I have always hated it. :P

I was a fool.
by Bluecast
Mon Jan 28, 2013 5:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Final Fantasy

I have it pre ordered as I always do. Just time will tell if I keep it for financial reasons like anyone.
by Bluecast
Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:27 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

It's only now I realize my love of chili dogs from Sonics all these years was all just a deeply routed subconscious need for something big and long in my mouth. :oops:
by Sonikku
Mon Feb 04, 2013 8:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Vita owners

I dont think the system is dry at all. Way better atm with vita in the first year vs PSP in its first year.
Ive been playing alot of games on it. Poored 112 hours in Persona 4G. (Thats how long the game actually is with zero grinding)
Still need to beat Gravity Rush, Ragnarok Odyessy, Uncharted GA, AC liberation, Wipeout 2048. I play lumines like every other day, my wife plays "we love katamari" and I play Hot Shots online with Yama occationally.
Ya I have gotten/still have alot of time with the system. Infintely more then my 3DS that I just got for christmas and is already creating dust.
Its all a matter of taste. The vita is gonna have alot more games coming out this year too and will continue to. Its not DOA as everyone likes to claim with every Sony system its first year. People are just quick to judge. Its easily going to be around for 5-6 years. The next game im getting for it is Phantasy Star Online 2 (not PSO ver. 2 from DC, this is an all new game)which ill be able to poor an easy 100+ hours into.
by Axm
Wed Feb 06, 2013 2:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

When I was single I had a lot of sex with a lot of people. They were generally impressed with my collection but then again I used to go to DnD games where sex was ok, and cosplay parties.

and once...a furry party....never...happening....again....
by Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: dev comment of the day topic

Dear diary... :heart:
by OL
Sun Feb 10, 2013 3:42 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Review The Last Game You Beat

Can't be bothered writing such a detailed write up (with proper grammar) but here's something right here for a couple of games I just beat the last couple of weeks:

I predict Ryudo will hate me for this review, but here goes:

The Last Story. (Wii)

http://i.imgur.com/TKFhICh.jpg

Pros:
Great aesthetics. Really appealing to me, I love this style of Medieval Fantasy. It would fit right in with an Ivalice game, at least in terms of environments and dungeons. The game has a sort of baroque styling to it. The game is both very bright and dark at the same time, which sort of ties in to the mood of the game as well. Some of the character designs are good and some are just okay, not Fujisaka's best work by any means (I much preferred the style he employed in dark fantasy games, especially for the original concepts of the game) but still good.

The combat system is fun. I enjoy the RTS elements in there a lot. It's ncie to have an Action RPG that doesn't just phone it in with its design either, there's plenty of dungeons and they are all well varied in their design and theme.

The story has a great ending.

Jirall. Best character in the game.

Indifferent about:
The music is alright. Uematsu really changed his musical style here to fit in with the "modern" musical stylings, but eh, he really got lazy and asked the interns to do a lot of the composition (at least, going by the notes in the soundtrack, he only contributed a few tracks himself!) In fact, some of the music sounds like stuff straight out of Metal Gear (I also found that one of the composers did work on MGS4's OST) which just...doesn't fit in with the Medieval Fantasy setting here, at all. Just doesn't mesh well at all. That and the fact that there is only one battle theme throughout the game means you will have to get used to the same music over and over again. Having said that, I actually liked listening to some of it, it's just a shame there was pretty much no variation and it got old fast.

I liked some of the characters, hated some of the others (who were very irritating). Yurick and Syrenne especially, all the former does is mope and stay quiet and the latter just moans throughout the game with her over done "Northern" accent.

I sort of liked the storyline , but some of it was just...so cliche and been done better before. To break it down, I liked the Gurak's storyline and history, but we spent so little time with that until right near the end of the game, the vast majority of the game's story is spent running around one castle and one bar, getting to know the Count and the man character's fellow Mercenaries, which I found rather boring. I did not take to the Mercenaries

Cons:
Fighting the same enemies over and over again. Yeah, fighting that Giant Turtle enemy like five times each time employing the same (annoying) tactic to beat it each time over and over again gets old quick. So does fighting the Gurak so many times over. The game would have really benefited from better enemy variety. I guess there's also the pirates, but they're so rare.

The voice acting. It sucks. That's all I have to say about that.

Whilst I said before that the combat is good for an Action RPG with RTS elements, it does get a few scrapes along the path for its clunkiness. For example, I am fighting some enemies just get knocked back into a corner, as soon as he eventually gets up (which can takes ages), my character suddenly runs up the wall to perform an attack I didn't mean to. A more pressing example is when there is so many party members on one map at once that we all get in each other's way when we try to attack specific powerful enemies who are stunned and ready to receive massive damage.

MASSIVE SPOILERS:

Dagran's sudden descent into madness felt really rushed to me. I much preferred it when the Gurak, were a sympathetic villain and much preferred Zangurak as the main villain. Dagran suddenly appearing out of nowhere wanting to kill everybody was just wrong to me. He and Zael had this inseparable bond, they were practically brothers, but to turn him into a Delita clone was terrible. Since he was my favourite of the Mercenaries by far, I felt really annoyed by this. Also was not a fan of the constant cheesy romance in the game, it didn't help that the voice acting sucked, but really Zael and Calista couldn't have sounded more bored by the whole thing.

I felt that when things went batshit insane near the end, what with Jirall, Zangurak AND Dagran all fighting Zael and crew near the end, felt a bit like they could have placed those boss battles a bit further apart.

And even though Zangurak hinted at returning, I think it's a done deal, he's dead, unless they make a sequel, I guess, but I felt it was all self contained pretty nicely. Jirall is dead. Zangurak is dead. Dagran is dead. It's over.

Having said that, the amount of craziness going on near the end was incredibly satisfying and a certifiably big pay off.

Overall:

Sakaguchi's third new IP Role Playing Game and the first game he has directed since Final Fantasy V is a nice sort of return to form, but it has a lot of flaws to it, which are very hard for me to ignore. It just depends how much you get into it and have the patience for a flawed and clunky, yet very enjoyable combat system. The next game that Sakaguchi makes, I would imagine could have a more smoothed out overall experience. It sort of reminds me of a janky European RPG in some respects, you're either going to like it for where it experiments, or you are not and are going to get a bit peeved off with it. Unfortunately, I ended up feeling a bit indifferent to the whole thing, sort of liking it and sort of pissed off with the whole thing (the combat, that is).

The last three or four hours of the game sort of make up for the very slow slog middle part of the game, since it all gets just so damned crazy. Like, totally insane. And it all ends rather nicely in a self contained storyline.

I will be there to play Mistwalker's next game anyway.

Devil May Cry 2

http://i.imgur.com/QJT4wJH.jpg

Pros:

Errr...art style? It's really good, well, Dante is anyway, the enemies are a bit lacking. They all seem to be animals you kill in this game...

And the random old lady at the start of the game, for making me laugh (that voice acting and character design...)

Cons:

Everything. The combat sucks (guns>swords in this game, it seems and it takes forever to kill enemies, plus the same four hit combo throughout the game, no variety), the same three or four enemies throughout the game, you even fight the same bosses multiple times and boy, does it get drawn out. the music forgettable, the art design okay-ish, the bosses infuriating, the design of the game lazy and haphazard (feels really rushed). In fact, the whole game just feels rushed, straight up. It's an insult, really.

Overall:

The first and (hopefully) only bad Capcom game on the PS2 that I have played.

REmake , which I beat again this time playing Jill's scenario:

http://i.imgur.com/bLwAWxZ.jpg

Pros:

Best horror game on GameCube. (Not played Zero yet).
Crimson Heads. Next to the Lickers, Regenerators and the Hunters as my favourite regular enemies in the series.
The Trevor family. One of the best new additions of the game is the really disturbing story of the Trevor family.
The music.
The design of the mansion.
The weapons have such a powerful force to them - when you shoot a zombie in the head with a magnum, you really get that feedback from the game.
Barry Burton.
Albert Wesker.
Best cast in the series? Almost. Think I prefer 2's, but 1 has a really great cast of characters.
The great bosses. Neptune, Lisa Trevor, Plant 42, Yawn, Black Tiger, the Tyrant. Great, one and all.

Cons:
Erm...getting lost? That's the only flaw I can think of, I got lost a couple of times, sometimes it' a bit hard to figure out what to do next.

Overall:

Masterpiece.
by Henry Spencer
Sun Feb 10, 2013 10:18 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: ^DON'T POST IN THAT TOPIC (or that one V)

AnimeGamer183 wrote: is this topic raised to the power of zero posts or something?

nah, it raised the power of the mighty :lock:
by wude
Fri Feb 15, 2013 9:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ni No Kuni

Do yourself a favor and at least add DQV to that list.
by Rakim
Sun Feb 17, 2013 12:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

"All of you"? Excuse me, but whenabouts in your "timeline" did you play it? Okay, we get it, you're somewhere on the path to being "transgendered." We get that. Do us a favour though and cut the feministic crap. It's out of place, out of context, and completely pointless outside of attention-seeking.

I would've expected much better than to see such a sweeping generalisation from someone who's sat on both sides of the table.

What does being transgendered have to do with it mittens? My post was not aimed to highlight that fact and if you took it that way it is your own mistake for inferring something out of nothing. I merely questioned the need to have a main protagonist the same gender as oneself to find a game enjoyable or to find something relatable in that character. I would be just as dismissive towards women who would write off FF7 for not being as relatable a game as 6 because Cloud is a male to Terra's being female.

Though it's curious. You claim you "expected much more" from me. But that would suggest holding a higher opinion of someone at one point before that feeling was dashed. Yet you have shown nothing but the worst of animosity towards me since I have been here, which makes such a remark baffling to me. So I a question if I may. Did you truly ever have a non-sour opinion of me at one point in time and merely had the sort of poor demeanor that makes such endearment difficult to express? Or are your words more of an attempt at making another offensive or "outrageous" post that will turn heads? I'm curious.
by Sonikku
Sun Feb 17, 2013 7:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things That Made You Genuinely Happy Today!

Blowjobs Reduce Depression in Women (and Men)

It’s great that blowjobs can be used as a cure for morning sickness but this blowjob news will blow* you away. The State University of New York has been studying the mood altering effects of chemicals in semen. Their results, shocking:

Blowjobs are good for a woman’s health.

In case you didn’t get it the first time, I’ll repeat myself:

BLOWJOBS ARE GOOD FOR A WOMAN’S HEALTH!
Specifically, blowjobs reduce depression in women (and men).

This may sound like a male conspiracy to get more blowjobs (which it very well could be) but luckily the team from State have provided the credentials from the study.

Semen has a lot more to offer than just little guppies, also known as sperm. It contains several chemicals that can elevate mood (esterone, oxytocin, serotonin, and a thyrotropin-releasing hormone), increase affection (cortisol), and induce sleep (melatonin) making semen a mind-altering cocktail.

Researchers (Gallup, Burch, and Platek) interviewed 293 female college students from the Albany campus and got the women to give them blowjobs and compared their sex lives with a survey on depression. They found that women who never used condoms had fewer depression symptoms than those who always used condoms or abstained from sex entirely (not factoring the risk of not using a condom). Women who were abstinent or promiscuously practicing safe-sex were equally depressed meaning that women who are having sex aren’t happier. It is the seminal fluid and its antidepressant qualities that make women happier.

The study also showed that women have better concentration and are better at cognitive tasks when exposed to semen.

So why blowjobs specifically? Because an accidental pregnancy can cause depression. Be safe and be happy by swallowing as much semen as you can.

http://www.sex.com/news/blog/2012/08/21/blowjobs-reduce-depression-in-women-and-men/

Hey baby, you look kinda stressed. Put this in your mouth and you'll be able to relax.
by Brothaman
Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Xbox 3 & PS4 Talk

that and the menus sucks. It gives you specific restrictions like "Japanese muscle car built between 96 and 98". Then when you want to take the race you can't reorder the cars to actually find what you need, then when you do know what kind of car you want to use, you need to wait for it to come up in a used car sale (because new cars are exactly that only cars sold recently) and the very limited list of used car rests after a real world day.

Thinking about it pissed me off, ARG FUCK GT5!
by Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Sun Feb 24, 2013 6:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I think I need to go to the doctor and seriously get my head checked, I should have had a doctors appointment years and years ago to check for mental disorder and symptoms this has been pushed off too long I am going crazy over here...
can't see anything wrong with you other than depression, there are 2 ways to deal with depression either you take it head on by changing what's wrong with your life or you take pills which will only cover up the problem

personally I recommend a change of scenery, re-evaluating your life goals and working hard to achieve them and exercising regularly while maintaining a healthy diet, it may seem like nonsense but on unhealthy body contributes to an unhealthy mind and vice versa it's what psychologist call a vicious cycle and these are the main things you need to beat to be able to beat a mental illness

don't listen to people who just say "try and pull through" "wait and with time everything will be better" that's not how it works, you need to give yourself goals and work hard to achieve these goals, and now that you have realised how fucked things are it's a good time to start since you probably have a good idea of what's good and bad in your mind

anyway you will probably ignore this like most advise people have given you here but as someone who has been through much worse than that in the past 2 years I can tell you that this method is the most efficient and your best bet on turning things around
by south carmain
Sun Mar 03, 2013 12:33 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Last Game/System/Peripheral You Bought

Goddammit all, I was thinking the same thing about you.
When will the disappointment end?!

(but no, I may have something cool to post soon)
by OL
Sun Mar 03, 2013 2:33 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Yakuza series

You shouldn't dismiss Dead Souls so easily, AG. A really good game.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZURNR3uuHGA[/youtube]

Haruka learned from the best after all..
by Crimson Ryan
Tue Mar 05, 2013 4:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

http://i.imgur.com/Pfai8qF.jpg

Hmmmmm. Decisions, decisions. :-k

What if you hit the middle one and robot arms came out and grabbed your limbs and held you up in place and then hentai tentacles appeared and well... did the deed. A dream come ture for sonniku? ;-)

That's Sonikku . :mad:

and, yes.
by Sonikku
Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Yakuza series

If you can help it, make sure to play yakuza 1 + 2. Preferably before 3 + 4 if it's not too late.
The first two games are seriously amazing, and i think it lets you enjoy the nods to them in the later games a lot more than just watching those recap videos. Those don't half miss a lot out.
by Stocke
Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: the 90's rocked

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cS_lD9_Ur3g[/youtube]
by Bluecast
Wed Feb 27, 2013 5:44 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

^ Yes, AG, since one of your future questions here will be along the lines of: "Have a chance to hang out on a yacht with a bunch of strippers and a mountain of coke. Should I go?"

To which, the answer would be, YES.
by Mitsuzuki
Fri Mar 22, 2013 5:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Final Fantasy

^I guess he forgot to use the smoothing option, it really makes a great difference

Probably. I dont know where those settings are to change it, but if some one knows I can pass the info on to him.

It's just that previous-gen games look like doody on HDTVs. They were made for standard-def, so they tend to look a bit "blah" on newer stuff. Same thing goes when you watch an old DVD on an HDTV.
by OL
Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Wii U

EDIT: Wrong thread, sorry.
by mue 26
Wed Mar 27, 2013 2:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Random Thoughts Thread

I'm not sure where to post this but I'm going to post it here... because it's pretty hilarious.

by Thief
Wed Apr 03, 2013 9:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Next Generation Speculation

All ill say all these sources said the PS4 would be online, no used games, track our DNA and so on.

I really hope MS would not be that dumb because yes many people have a connection but many also have issues with their Broadband. [Would it need to be a BB connection or just internet?]

But MS don't need dicks like this who has since switched the account to private

http://images.eurogamer.net/2013/articles/1/5/6/9/6/6/7/136514995488.jpg/EG11/resize/600x-1/quality/91

http://i.minus.com/jF1Mjq5MZmVHd.png

http://i.imgur.com/OEY5yp8.jpg

That Microsoft's creative director.

http://i.imgur.com/juDiybQ.jpg

:lol:

http://t.qkme.me/3tpl21.jpg
by Who Really Cares?
Fri Apr 05, 2013 4:20 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Last food/drink/somthin to get high related you bought

I guess Sailors and other brains are too fried to do a simple search. Here. Have at it.
by Bluecast
Sun Apr 14, 2013 1:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Happy Birthday Topic

Happy Birthday AG
by Bluecast
Sun Apr 14, 2013 3:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Happy Birthday Topic

AnimeGamer183 wrote: Thanks for the happy birthday :)

by Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Sun Apr 14, 2013 9:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Fan Translations

I really do love fan translations. They're like a forbidden fruit. Without the fans taking matters into their own hands, you'd never get to experience them.

I'm quite a big Tales Of fan. Right now there's multiple fan translations going on for games in the series that now have near enough no chance of being released in English like Tales of Hearts on DS , and Tales of Vesperia PS3 . Been following those for a few years now.

I also want to bring up some titles that we need to see fan translations for, I will start with (and everyone should see this coming) The Legend of Heroes Trails in the Sky Part 2.

I wish Xseed would hurry up with that. I can remember when i finished that and wanted more badly. It got to the point of where i was thinking of playing through the game with a rough translated script :lol: Glad i didn't though.
by Stocke
Mon Apr 15, 2013 6:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Random Gaming Thoughts (Read OP Before Posting)

Don't forget to make threads for any news, this is for blurbs, quick video links and simple thoughts. Nothing more.

http://www.amazon.com/Muramasa-Blessing-Amitabha-Pre-order-playstation-vita/dp/B00C1IHB92/ref=pd_sim_vg_1

anyone else seen this? Didnt know there was a special bundle for it. I am kind of interested in Muramasa.
Thread worthy.
by Yama
Mon Apr 15, 2013 4:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Tales Series

Yo AG amazon is open

http://operationrainfall.com/tales-of-x ... at-amazon/

I placed an extra order, if I end up with two I'll sell the extra to whoever wants it at the same cost it was to me +shipping to you.
by Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Tue Apr 23, 2013 8:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Latest Purchases

Just picked up this half ounce mmm bby...

by Sailors?
Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: FF VS FF The one series no one can ever agree on

He didn't. He said the story was weak, but the battles weren't.
by OL
Sun May 12, 2013 9:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic