Search found 42 matches

Return

Re: SHENMUE 3 ANNOUNCED FOR PS4 KICKSTARTER (INFORMATION INS

I'm back. Logging in for the first time in 4 years. Watched the press conference live. Almost fainted. Pledged 300. Fuck yea
by JaySw34
Tue Jun 16, 2015 8:26 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue E3 VIDEO HYPE!

Been watching these all morning. The amount of joy in my soul is unlike anything I've felt before. This is totally unbelievable
by JaySw34
Tue Jun 16, 2015 10:47 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Really hope they can bring back the original English voices

Call me crazy but it just wouldn't be the same without them. I'm sure I can't be the only one who feels this way
by JaySw34
Tue Jun 16, 2015 8:31 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What's happened in your life in the past 14 years?

Graduated high school. Completed some college. Bounced around from a few jobs. Both my grandparents died in the same week :( . My Celtics won the NBA Finals in 2008. Became involved in my first serious relationship. Sadly got addicted to opiate painkillers :/ what a rough road that's been. Recovery is a bitch. And by the time III comes out I'll be 29 or 30.
by JaySw34
Wed Jun 17, 2015 4:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Is it true that Ryo once spoke about his bandage?

Locke_cole wrote: Close

Ryo actually tells Tom ( at the docks) that it is a scar from his Melanoma...Remember this is Japan in the 80's and the Nuke's had just dropped 1 maybe 2 weeks before the start of the game.

So did he at least get a free hot dog?
by JaySw34
Wed Jun 17, 2015 5:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

New Hitman gameplay trailer

Looking like it's going back to it's roots. Best thing they could of done with this series imo. Absolution was a decent game in it's own right, but had drifted too far from what made Hitman Hitman. One of my favorite series :)

phpBB [video]
by JaySw34
Wed Jun 17, 2015 7:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What modern gaming features would you like to see in S3?

The ability to load the entire game world at the start so we don't have load times for going in houses and things. Have the world continuous. That's all I can think of.
Absolutely this. However, one thing I loved about the old games is that every district, every neighborhood, every quarter for the most part and every building you could enter had it's own music. And the loading screen sort of acted as a transition into a new song. I love the different environmental music for each area and I'm sure they could still incorporate it somehow.
by JaySw34
Wed Jun 17, 2015 4:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Legit concerns you have for Shenmue 3

The only concern I have about Shenmue 3 is that it'll end up being too modern.
Seems like so many people want it to be updated with modern gaming ideas and all, but I just want it to be as much like the old games as possible, honestly. I'd like to be able to play through S1 and 2, dive into S3, and have it feel like a smooth transition, almost like it was made directly after the previous ones.
I don't want it to actually feel like 15 years have passed when I start playing it, if that makes sense.

This... I've even said previously that it wouldn't bother me one bit if the 3rd game looked, played, and controlled just like the first 2. In my opinion they should only modernize where it is absolutely necessary. Obviously we will see graphical improvement, but I too hope for as much as a seamless transition as possible.
by JaySw34
Thu Jun 18, 2015 11:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue's Success in Direct Proportion to Suzuki's Happi

Plot twist - Shenmue is actually Yu Suzuki's interactive autobiography
by JaySw34
Fri Jun 19, 2015 10:37 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

My tattoo

I posted this a while ago when i first got it. But I'm sure many missed it. Let me first say that id never get a videogame tattoo just for the sake of getting it. But as many of you understand, shenmue is so much more than just a game to us. Plus, the Phoenix and dragon together have a deeper meaning in Chinese culture that goes way back. So 4 years ago I bit the bullet and decided to get my first tattoo

http://www.shenmuedojo.net/forum/download/file.php?id=14856&mode=view
by JaySw34
Sat Jun 20, 2015 12:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Can you imagine the feeling when...

We are playing thru Shenmue 3 for the first time, and we encounter the game's first QTE fight against 2 or 3 goons when this song starts up...

phpBB [video]

I'm totally gonna lose my shit! And it's really gonna drive home the fact that I'm actually playing this game.
by JaySw34
Sun Jun 21, 2015 8:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shu Yoshida clarifies "Are they or arn't they funding?"

I am confident that after all is said and done, Yu will be able to make the Shenmue 3 that he wants to make without holding back. I donated 300 and plan to put in at least another 200 before the Kickstarter is over
by JaySw34
Mon Jun 22, 2015 10:48 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue II vs Shenmue III

Yes it's incredible how Shenmue's visuals still hold their own even by today's standards
by JaySw34
Mon Jun 22, 2015 3:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Please share this alternative Shenmue III Kickstarter vi

It was a nice idea. I like the video and will share it. Must admit though, the guy doing the voice over sounds kinda funny. Not bashing the video at all, just my opinion lol. Anyway nicely done :)
by JaySw34
Tue Jun 23, 2015 9:28 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: A good reason to believe that Naughty Dog is involved.UP

Treyarch and Activision are taking the Shenmue 3 project off of Yu's hands. They say the are rebuilding Shenmue from the ground up in hopes to reach a broader audience. You can customize your load out and switch between 1st and 3rd person on the fly. And the online maps support up to 64 players at once.
by JaySw34
Tue Jun 23, 2015 10:05 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Wow has anyone seen this?

It very well could have been posted before but to those who haven't seen it... Home made Lucky Hit!!!

phpBB [video]
by JaySw34
Tue Jun 23, 2015 5:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Saying Goodbye to Joy?

No you cannot say goodbye to her because she will always call you out on it during that cutscene in Kowloon and there's no way around it
by JaySw34
Tue Jun 23, 2015 9:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Wow has anyone seen this?

Lol I'd love to take it out in public and win people's money

*Edit*
...To donate to the Kickstarter of course
by JaySw34
Tue Jun 23, 2015 5:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Tom's Pickles

I've always thought Tom was selling drugs on the low

That's actually a good theory. It would explain why he mysteriously relocated his business to a harbor where a well-known gang operates and sells drugs. Notice how the Mad Angels never gave tom any problems? His flight to America was sudden, like he was running from something (the popo).

I always saw Tom's sudden return to America suspicious. Think about it, I've mentioned this before... 1986 was the beginning of the Crack-cocaine Era in the USA. I always thought Tom and his business oriented self returned home to get in on the action. Soon after he returned, every Rock-head from Brooklyn to Boston was lining up around the block for a piece of Tom's "Hot Dogs"... That is until he got busted by the feds. Served 20 years in Rikers Island Prison before he was murdered by a rival dealer. Sad really
by JaySw34
Tue Jun 23, 2015 8:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Corey Marshall called out Conan o'Brien

https://mobile.twitter.com/coreymarshallvo/status/613770678643261441

Not sure if it's been posted. But to those of you with twitter or Facebook please share this to raise awareness!
by JaySw34
Wed Jun 24, 2015 6:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Yu Suzuki makes statement on funding & budget on KS upda

I believe it's still entirely possible for us to reach that 10 mil mark
by JaySw34
Wed Jun 24, 2015 7:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Random Shenmue Thoughts

When the guy in the MJQ bar threw me the pool que, his under arm would always freak me out.

The worker at the harbor had a funny voice and he'd never help you out - "Excuse Me!! Ask me again some otha time!" He'd shout for no reason

God damn cats getting in the way of my forklift.

When Mark first tells you about the Long Zha in a cutscene and tells you everything he knows. After the scene you walk over to talk to him by the water and he miraculously has more info.

Asking the bum Shozo Mizuki about getting a job at the harbor :lol:
by JaySw34
Fri Jun 26, 2015 12:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

This community is great

It's so awesome to be part of this great community with so many people that are just as passionate about this game series as I am. Honestly, there are so many great people on here and I'm just proud to be part of it... especially during this wonderful time where we are all eagerly awaiting the sequel which has been made possible by you guys, the fans. Thank you.

Just thought it should be said... carry on
by JaySw34
Fri Jun 26, 2015 11:32 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Kickstarter Update #14 - Yu Suzuki on Twitch this Friday

Peter wrote: You guys know he has an account here

Perma-ban
by JaySw34
Fri Jun 26, 2015 11:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue II too big ?

It's been said and I agree that, in this sense, Shenmue 2 is a perfect follow up. The first chapter takes place in Ryo's hometown... So he naturally fits in, knows every nook and cranny, and is on a first name basis with a majority of the residents. The second game does a great job of stripping all of that away, and really makes you feel like a foreigner in a large, intimidating, and unfamiliar city.
by JaySw34
Sun Jun 28, 2015 7:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Others that are upping their Pledge on the third?

I've already pledged $300 but today I won $1,000 on a scratch ticket!! I'm gonna pledge a lot of it on the third. Maybe $700 to bring my total contribution to $1000!! Today is a good day
by JaySw34
Mon Jun 29, 2015 1:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Returning Characters?

We will be seeing Ichiro Sakurada and Nayouki Ito. They are going to catch up with Ryo in Baisha to give him a hard time about not studying for college entrance exams.
by JaySw34
Tue Jul 07, 2015 3:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

So I found my old account...

I was going thru some of my posts on my original account on this site... From like 2003/2004. And oh my, the way I used to write and communicate is absolutely making me cringe. It's funny though looking back at some of the old old threads. I had totally forgot about most of the interesting conversations I've had on this site when I was a young teenager.
by JaySw34
Wed Jul 08, 2015 8:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What???! Mind = blown

Awesome to always discover new things playing this game. On my current play thru of Shenmue 1, Ine-san and Ryo had a conversation I never remember them having. Ine mentioned something about one of Ryo's karate instructors being worried and wanting Ryo to drop by.
by JaySw34
Sat Jul 11, 2015 12:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue chapter 2 DLC!!

It's possible. I would say that though, since I really want this to happen. If you're familiar with the Kickstarter rewards available, you'll notice a reward called "s3 world telecom" which not only allows you to call old friends/relatives from Yokosuka but it also gives you access to flashback scenes.

Maybe during your conversation with Gui Zhang, they talk about Chai and Ryo's boat journey. Cue Ryo having a flashback and boom! We get to live out Ryo's boat journey via a flashback.

That's a really good way to weave a playable chapter 2 into the story line.
by JaySw34
Fri Jul 17, 2015 10:30 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue III Kickstarter Ends At $6,333,295; 69,320 Backe

This is so surreal. Reading your piece there Sonoshee, it really made the events of the last month hit home with me. This has truly been amazing. What an incredible time to be a Shenmue fan
by JaySw34
Fri Jul 17, 2015 11:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Should Yu Use The Money...

It's his lucky shirt. It should be a reward for Pay Pal donations
by JaySw34
Sat Jul 18, 2015 5:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The miracle of Shenmue III

Wow very well written. You just summed everything up very nicely. Awesome job. Great post!
by JaySw34
Sun Jul 19, 2015 12:31 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Walk above Sakuragaoka glitch

Way awesome! Never seen that. Seems simple enough to do. Btw you have an awesome Youtube channel dude. Was watching your vids all day yesterday
by JaySw34
Fri Jun 26, 2015 10:45 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue Collections & Merchandise

Wow Pol that is the most incredible Shenmue collection I have ever seen. That is so fucking awesome. Bravo dude =D>
by JaySw34
Tue Jul 21, 2015 8:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Lan Di in Guilin

I don't think Lan Di followed him because he was at least one full day ahead of Ryo heading to the village. Ryo was following Lan Di. And when Ryo and Shenhua arrived at the cave it is clear that something had already happened and it seems Lan Di was probably involved.
by JaySw34
Sat Jul 25, 2015 12:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Yu Suzuki's interview : A New Shenmue

I was glad when I read that what we saw in the Shenmue Online trailer was footage from a story he wrote specifically for that game and was not a continuation of Shenmue II.
by JaySw34
Wed Oct 21, 2015 7:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic