Search found 583 matches

Return

Re: XBox One

^ Nah MH4 is Nintendo still and think they have 2 more games in the deal.
by Bluecast
Thu May 30, 2013 2:52 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Corey Marshall just put up suspicious photos on his face

C'mon guys, lets not get sucked in here and let this turn into a complete tear apart of the whole situation ultimately coming down to "maybe" "maybe not". Take this for what it is, a couple pictures. This proves or dis-proves nothing, we have gone through this enough times to know the drill. Hope for the best, expect to be disappointed, wait for possible announcement.
by AnimeGamer183
Thu May 30, 2013 7:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Random Thoughts

Whoa I'm blue again. Cool! And no I'm NOT a mod a again lol. Just blue. So no worries.
by Bluecast
Fri May 31, 2013 11:09 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Corey Marshall just put up suspicious photos on his face

Theres no way people believe this is for Shenmue 3 :lol:
by Peter
Fri May 31, 2013 7:34 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Damn near killed myself finishing it, but I finally submitted my spec script to NBC.

Going to do more touch-ups before sending it to Warner Bros tomorrow.
by Kenny
Fri May 31, 2013 5:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What are you currently playing?

I've found myself going further and further into Kenka Bancho at the moment. I'd played it a bunch previously, but never actually "beat" it (which kind of requires multiple playthroughs and some trial and error, if I'm not mistaken). I'm starting to consider it one of my favorites on the PSP, truth be told. It's kind of Shenmue-lite is a few ways. Nowhere near as detailed as Shenmue, of course, but walking about town, taking in the sights of a Japanese community, and engaging in the occasional street fights here and there all feels a bit reminiscent of our forum's namesake (though with a much lighter, more humorous attitude). I'd almost forgotten how much I loved the game, but it's all coming back now, and even stronger than the first time I played it.
by OL
Sat Jun 01, 2013 4:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Tales of Symphonia getting a PlayStation 3 HD remake

:lol:

http://www.joystiq.com/2013/06/01/tales ... bundle-in/

After dispelling the rumor,now he confirms a Tales of Symphonia pack HD for PS3 this year in Japan and 2014 for the US edition. This includes TOS and TOS2.
by Bluecast
Sun Jun 02, 2013 12:14 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

360 controller is the third best controller ever IMO
Right behind the Genesis 6 button and Saturn 2nd gen controller. They didn't need to change it really aside the Dpad.

I don't care about the rumble stuff as I have always since N64 days turned it off. So it sounds cool for many just not for me.
by Bluecast
Sun Jun 02, 2013 3:45 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Tales of Symphonia getting a PlayStation 3 HD remake

I guess the cat just got out of the bag before he was ready for it to. :lol:
Well, it still stands for me: localize it and I'll buy it.
by OL
Sun Jun 02, 2013 8:45 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

^^I envy you and the fact that you understand Japanese. So many more game choices at your disposal.
by OL
Sun Jun 02, 2013 8:35 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue Timex watch

:lol:

I take my collection a bit too seriously when i wear white gloves to display items.
by Peter
Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Shenmue Tweetathon & 70 Man Battle Competition Winner

http://s14.postimg.org/ddtm0gn1d/dojo_banner.png

Every 3rd of the month, Shenmue fans descend upon Twitter to participate in the Shenmue Tweetathon. United around the hashtag #GiveYuTheShenmueLicense , the gaming community takes this opportunity to speak with one voice in support of Yu Suzuki's efforts to make Shenmue III a reality. We encourage everyone to spread the word and be heard on the 3rd! You can learn more about the campaign here .

To mark the June 3rd event, we are pleased to announce the winner of our 70-man battle competition held in conjunction with First 4 Figures . Brawling his way through the grueling gauntlet of Mad Angels in an impressive time of 3 minutes and 49 seconds , James Brown from the UK has earned himself an Exclusive edition Ryo Hazuki statue. Congratulations James! The winning video and competition results can be viewed here .
by Ziming
Mon Jun 03, 2013 1:50 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Yeah that was the original form word is its changed a fair bit since then.
by Who Really Cares?
Mon Jun 03, 2013 7:20 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I swear if MS announces a (good) Killer Instinct game I'm gonna have a enormous nostalgasim. Might even be tempted to buy an xbone.... But we'll see....
by Brothaman
Mon Jun 03, 2013 3:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

My cable and by extension internet went out on account of a rain storm Saturday night so I looked towards my copies of Arkham Asylum and City, both of which were still embarrassingly in the shrink wrap and decided to give Asylum a go. It's pretty good so far, although I'm not very good at it. By the time I sneak up behind a thug for a silent kill they turn around and all hell breaks loose or I'm high up on a gargoyle and try to swoop down only to over or undershoot the mark. :mad: When did an insane asylum get so many damn run of the mill brawny thugs anyway? :lol:
by Sonikku
Mon Jun 03, 2013 3:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Random Gaming Thoughts (Read OP Before Posting)

A cat seriously involved in finding a cat...

ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21370277122.416127.jpg
by Yama
Mon Jun 03, 2013 12:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Tales Series

CE for me, I really like that statue for some reason. and im sure as hell not spending $170 just to get everything from both sets, fuck that. Any word on a guide for this game?
by AnimeGamer183
Mon Jun 03, 2013 6:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue Picture Extravaganza!

Just seen this in Sydneys Chinatown :)

by Peter
Sun Jun 02, 2013 8:54 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue III Supposedly Confirmed for PS4

Hide yo wives hide yo kids cuz ExHaseo be faking SHenmue news on everybody. Aint nobody got time for that!
by Bluecast
Tue Jun 04, 2013 10:43 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Members MIA

I still hover around. Mostly I just check out the latest opinions on upcoming games and films etc, but never feel inclined to post. I suppose I come here out of nostalgia, really. Only takes a few minutes a week to have a look around so there's no point in me disappearing completely. No harm done.

I was always the guy with the least popular opinion around here so that never helped. :lol:
by Clint
Tue Jun 04, 2013 8:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

You can thank Ryudo's perverted mind for this one, it was all his idea! :oops:
by Sonikku
Tue Jun 04, 2013 9:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Got any questions for a Shenmue game designer?

You know with his experience working with Shenmue in the past, it would be a good question to ask if a HD port of Shenmue be easy/difficult to do now?
by Ziming
Tue Jun 04, 2013 10:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

STILL working on E3 submission while sick. I deserve a fucking medal.
by Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Tue Jun 04, 2013 11:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

phpBB [video]

Will be getting this next week. Loved the first. Wayforward is so damn awesome. They remind me a lot of Capcom in the early 90's
by Bluecast
Tue Jun 04, 2013 10:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Why da faq does DMC4 have to INSTALL TO THE DAMN HARD DRIVE before I play it?!
by Kenny
Wed Jun 05, 2013 2:38 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Gaming Merchandise & Collections

Apparently this goes for surprisingly large sums of cash nowadays (lowest I've seen for it is a used copy on Amazon for $58), so I may as well brag that I got it cheap back when it first came out.
Unusually nice-looking release, too. It's not like it's a fancy special edition or anything, but it came in a clear case with some really nice artwork just about everywhere you look on it. Even more in the little insert that comes with it (just didn't want to clog the place up with more pictures). Quite an attractive little package overall, for a surprisingly good anime adaptation of a videogame.

http://oi40.tinypic.com/1qfmz9.jpg
http://oi41.tinypic.com/5by0rt.jpg
http://oi39.tinypic.com/21ca0ch.jpg
by OL
Sat May 04, 2013 9:03 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Members MIA

Your a good poster Clint
by Peter
Wed Jun 05, 2013 7:17 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Despite having the game a day and despite not being home for many hours earlier today I have already put nearly 20 hours in DQIX. A lot of it grinding but also after beating boss in a pot. (only way to say it without spoilers really)
Game is addicting.
by Bluecast
Wed Jun 05, 2013 8:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Finished Jounrney and got DMC4. So I'm gonna give that a spin in a minute.
by Kenny
Wed Jun 05, 2013 1:33 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

So Bully on 360 is freakin' great. Still loving this game just as much as I always did before, and the new classes are fun.
Only two small gripes:
I don't know if it played like this on the PS2, but there's kind of a weird camera control issue, where if you're holding forward and start to rotate the camera, Jimmy continues running in the same direction he already was, rather than correcting his path to correspond with the new direction that forward has become. It's really hard to explain without actually showing it, but it kind of makes his movement freak out a little every now and then if you try moving the camera, then try to correct his path with the movement stick. Again, not sure if it was already like that on the PS2, or if it's strictly a 360 issue. Been years since I last played.
Also, for no reason whatsoever, the game will sometimes turn the "invert camera" option off after a cutscene or loading screen. It doesn't happen often, but I've always been an "invert y-axis" guy, so it's an option I like to have on. Just kind of a pain when a glitch turns the tables on me every now and then.

Otherwise, it's all good. So much fun to be had.
I'm still pining for a sequel. Don't know if it'll ever happen though. It's sad that one of my absolute favorite Rockstar-developed games (alongside the original Red Dead Revolver) just happens to be one that they've shown almost no desire to revive. I think they may have mentioned it a couple years ago, but since then, zilch. I'm aware that a game centering on schoolyard antics isn't exact an "in" idea right now, but I still want a sequel like mad.
by OL
Wed Jun 05, 2013 8:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Recent Gaming Purchases

Bought a few things recently. Pre ordered this a few weeks ago, I don't really care about all the extra stuff but I was able to get it for the same price as the normal one so what the heck.

http://i1.cdnds.net/13/04/618x464/gaming-the-last-of-us-joel-edition.jpg

And the rest:
http://www.gameinformer.com/cfs-filesystemfile.ashx/__key/CommunityServer-Components-ImageFileViewer/CommunityServer-Components-SiteFiles-imagefeed-featured-epic_2D00_games-gears_2D00_of_2D00_war_2D00_3/gears3boxart.jpg_2D00_610x0.jpg
http://mwvg.s3.amazonaws.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/Nier_XBOX360.jpg
http://www.wiids.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2009/05/resident-evil-archives-resident-evil-box.jpg
http://nsider2.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/999-box-art.jpg
http://cdn2.spong.com/pack/g/h/ghosttrick340552l/_-Ghost-Trick-Phantom-Detective-DS-_.jpg

I was also going to get the Jak and Ratchet collections but see the price and it was stupid. I'll try and get someone to get me them when they're in the US as I'm sure it will be cheaper.
by Riku Rose
Wed Jun 05, 2013 8:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I was actually thinking about it. But I'd have to be recording it as I play through, and I don't have an s-video cable for my 360 yet. I think right now, this is just going to be a "for fun" playthrough.
Good idea for the future though. There's certainly plenty to say about it, and despite being Rockstar, it's still semi-obscure enough that piecing a video together definitely wouldn't be a moot effort.

Unless you just meant a text review, in which case I may ramble on about it before long anyway.
by OL
Thu Jun 06, 2013 12:29 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue 3 and E3 2013

Isn't this said every year?

Why give up when games have been getting sequels 26 years after the first. Games that just got released after 14 years. A re-rlease that has been asked off for over a decade. It's still possible it will come out eventually.
by Bluecast
Wed Jun 05, 2013 12:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Is it just too late for Shenmue III?

ZombiU was a reboot to UBI first game ever Zombi in 1986. 25 year wait.
People waited 14 years for Duke Nukem Forever
People have waited in the US 18 years for Mother 3 not gotten it yet but Nintendo did give a nice sign by finally bringing EB to VC.

We have waited since 2002 or 2003 for PAL. So we have not waited as long as some.
by Bluecast
Sat Jun 01, 2013 12:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

*Kenshin Himura* wrote: Had a dream last night that Shenmue HD was released :shock:

To some that dream would be a nightmare because of how it will end.

Sonikku wrote: Image

Respect if the person holding the camera didn't shit themselves.
by Who Really Cares?
Thu Jun 06, 2013 2:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Be sorta vague but just beat a boss made of stone in DQIX. This game is really fun. It is pretty straightforward affair like I expected. The game is damn addicting tho. DQ8 is by far the better game but I am actually enjoying this a tad more. I don't know why. Now one of my fave DS games.
by Bluecast
Fri Jun 07, 2013 4:51 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Recent Gaming Purchases

http://oi42.tinypic.com/20sc8xu.jpg

I kept telling myself over the years to get this. Every time I'd go to Best Buy -- any Best Buy -- it'd be sitting there on the shelf, bargain 20-dollar price tag staring me in the face, practically yelling to me "Remember the good times you had with my original? Now play me in HD with extra content!"
But it always seemed like there was something else for me to get first, so it continued waiting for me on those shelves. And I took it for granted, thinking it was one of those games that would always be easy to find a new copy of. It is a Rockstar game, after all. So sure, "Put it off a little longer... a little longer... a little longer..."
So then I find myself playing Kenka Bancho recently, having a grand old time with that, and it occurs to me: Bully was a lot like a western version of Kenka Bancho. The beat-em-up elements, the freedom to explore, the various clothing options, the light sense of humor, the option to go to class or play hooky...
(I may have thought of that years ago as well, but I might not have been in the correct mindset to actually act on it)
So, still being in that "Kenka Bancho" mood that I was, I thought "Fuck yeah, I feel like playing Bully! That game was excellent! Time to get the Scholarship Edition and go to town on it!"
But alas, as soon as I finally find myself craving it, it's impossible to find a new copy at any of my local stores. I check online, and see that new copies now generally go for 60 dollars or more anywhere I look.
Waiting was bad.
So I settle on the idea of getting a used copy (which still go for more than 20 bucks in most cases, unfortunately), and luckily was able to find one in nice condition at a local Gamestop, complete with map poster and a practically untouched manual. Still, it would have been cheaper if I'd gotten it earlier, and I'd be content in the knowledge that no one else ever put their greasy paws on it.
So kids, moral of the story: there is no moral. I just felt like typing a random wall of text.
Wokka wokka!
by OL
Wed Jun 05, 2013 4:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The point that you even have to memorize some moronic rule set says enough. 1
by Yama
Fri Jun 07, 2013 6:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

phpBB [video]
by Ziming
Sat Jun 08, 2013 8:54 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

*Kenshin Himura* wrote:

Dat Ass

...is awfully flat. :P
by OL
Sat Jun 08, 2013 3:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic