Search found 493 matches

Return

Re: What TV Series Are You Watching

You magnificent bastard! I've been looking for that cartoon for ages, but couldn't remember what it was called. Seriously, that exact one. I've been referencing the big butt-->big boobs gag as an example of how cartoons were originally for adults, but I could never cite exactly where it was from.
Thank you good sir.

You're welcome! I love quality animation.

I really do love Flip a lot more than Mickey (of course, the top still might be The Sorcerer's Apprentice for me). And it's good that nothing was sacrificed stylistically in Iwerks' independent work (since I love Disney too), but I have to say, in terms of early animation, Ub Iwerks was obviously a huge contributing genius for Disney, so his independent cartoons are just as good as the Disney work he did.

If you watch the "Spooks" Flip episode, the skeleton style is just like Iwerks' Disney short "Skeleton Dance."

Somehow, I just think a frog is inherently funnier than a mouse, especially the streamlined design (more than the original Flip the Frog design from "Fiddlesticks" - he goes through a simplification much like Mickey Mouse did). I guess it's because a Frog seems more squash-and-stretchable than a mouse.

Here is the "Spooks" episode. I love this one. I think probably everyone has seen Disney's "Skeleton Dance."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R-kOOEn-8pY
by KiBa
Fri Sep 07, 2012 5:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Random Thoughts! v2.0

^ Reminds me of The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus.

Really? What are you typing on? I don't think it grew on a tree.
It's been engineered by the ontological priesthood, like everything else that constitutes the so-called human civilization. The mob is just fighting wars for them while being given the illusion of freedom. Our freedom's a joke, we're just taking a piss . Every time somebody takes pride in 'inventions' of humanity, I can't help to think of the sacrifices that every 'invention' requires, of how many people have to get fucked over for it, how the sands of time bury the truth while liars write their passages for the cattle to chew on. But hey, that's just me. You're free to 'make the world a better place'. It's very American-like.

Oh... right, you're from Poland. I'm sorry.
by KiBa
Sat Sep 08, 2012 1:58 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Strange, isn't it? What a Pepto-Dismal. And Sonikku is such the opposite.
by KiBa
Sat Sep 08, 2012 2:48 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Celebritys You Look Like

Double post.
by KiBa
Sat Sep 08, 2012 3:42 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

But like the Gulf War, it's not the final word. Now, allow me shock and awe you. The problem with gay marriage is that it's being forced on communities that want to define marriage themselves, as has always been the right of free people: to make their society the way they want. Even people who support gay marriage attempt to organize displays of democratic force to impress the world, thereby undermining their cause, if it turns out a majority of people still oppose it. Then they get a sympathetic judge to overrule the majority. Well, obviously that just breeds more resentment, and rightly so. That has been the history of this stupid, false, and divisive battle since the beginning, at least in the United States. And now our unwise leaders want to make it worse by trying to force such decisions from the top, and enforce one way of life throughout all the states and territories. Only naive people could want this - people who think you can force what you think is right on people who believe it to be wrong. Look at the long-term destruction and hatred caused by the last U.S. Civil War. That's still not over. Was it worth it? Well, keeping the Union together was worth it, and the South needlessly rebelled, as Lincoln would not have freed the slaves because of all the reasons I just mentioned. Imagine a different world that realized that not every group of people would ever agree on everything, nonetheless respected the right of groups to run things the way they want, and all sides respect territories in which anyone could live who they'd like, among the kind of people they prefer. That is sanity. That could have been a very different history where slaves could have been freed without bloodshed, the South wouldn't have been devastated, and millions of their happy descendants would be alive today. The alternative was and is forcing billions of people who fundamentally disagree with each other to obey the precepts of only one group. That is wrong and it's impossible. Nobody ought to face an inquisition to justify their beliefs in logical terms, when it is obvious that no moral beliefs are rational. Almost every value any person holds dear is completely irrational. That doesn't make them wrong, anymore than not being able to logically explain why revenge is wrong would necessarily make certain kinds of murder legal in modern Western nations. In fact, I'd wager most people think revenge is right in most circumstances. But if you try to explain something as simple as why you love your mother, you'll probably miserably fail in the attempt, or utter some obvious facts or common sentiments that do not logically explain why you do what you do. So, stop pretending that it's rational to support this or that social movement, and anyone who can't explain their opposition is an irrational moron. People shouldn't have to explain what they feel, and if they're wrong, you shouldn't force them to change, as if you know better what's right. Oh, you can think you've won by getting a mere law changed on paper, but no one has any power over the hearts of individuals, but individuals themselves. And if you're seriously naive enough to think that humanity or the world can be perfected, you've entirely missed the point of reality. If nature hasn't taught you the truth already, let me enlighten you: this life, this universe, is the place where nobody gets what they want. This is the place where we survive what we don't want. The whole of nature is fundamentally ordered to this test. So stop being a pussy, and leave your fellow bastards alone. Life is too fragile and short, and experience too effective a teacher, to indulge in the fantasy that just one more law, one more social protest, will magically transform this infinite space into your own personal paradise - a sparkling new world where the countless billions who are just like you will suddenly and inextricably harmonize with all your hopes and aspirations like a flashmob. Get real. Talk about the Himalayan summit of self-centeredness. Only hardcore intense spoiled brats think this way, which is why you usually only find such wankery among the richest nations.

Can't forget to type in black!
by KiBa
Sun Sep 09, 2012 10:59 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Now here's a question,

"Do you love me?"

I love Yu.

"Do you trust me?

I trust Yu.
by KiBa
Sun Sep 09, 2012 11:43 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things That Made You Laugh Today

Who Really Cares? wrote:

:lol: Webcam of Blue being demoted?
by KiBa
Sun Sep 09, 2012 12:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Understandable and also desirable from our standpoint. From what you describe, it sounds so good. I'll look forward to hearing more about your project.

Random thought... What a good guy.

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/christophers/2012/09/dark-knight-actor-christian-bale-performs-another-super-act-of-kindness/
by KiBa
Mon Sep 10, 2012 5:06 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Gaming thoughts of the day

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f6oYMtqZk4Y[/youtube]
by KiBa
Tue Sep 11, 2012 7:55 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Dorian wrote: Image

You can use the Force with your foot.
by KiBa
Fri Sep 14, 2012 4:23 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

OL wrote: Don't know what that picture is from, but that video felt like a David Lynch film.

HBO's Tales From The Crypt. "Only Skin Deep."
by KiBa
Sat Sep 15, 2012 8:16 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

...in the Rye! :theyareontome:
by KiBa
Sat Sep 15, 2012 11:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The new Robocop suit

...the year is 2028 and multinational conglomerate OmniCorp is at the center of robot technology. Their drones are winning American wars around the globe and now they want to bring this technology to the home front. Alex Murphy (Kinnaman) is a loving husband, father and good cop doing his best to stem the tide of crime and corruption in Detroit. After he is critically injured in the line of duty, OmniCorp utilizes their remarkable science of robotics to save Alex's life. He returns to the streets of his beloved city with amazing new abilities, but with issues a regular man has never had to face before.

Looks more Batman than Robocop.

Batman ?! It just occurred to me that Deus Ex: Human Revolution quietly got away with being Robocop the whole time.

The game is set in 2027, at a time when multinational corporations have grown in power beyond the control of national governments. The game follows Adam Jensen, the newly hired security director at Sarif Industries, a growing biotechnology firm. After terrorists brutally attack Sarif's Detroit-based headquarters, the mortally wounded Jensen is forced to undergo radical life-saving surgeries that replace large areas of his body with advanced prostheses. Returning to work, he becomes embroiled in the global politics of the human enhancement movement in the search for those responsible for the attack. A central theme to the game is the rise of corporations in globalization, espionage, human survival, poverty and the ethics of advancing humans with artificial replacements for body parts.
by KiBa
Sun Sep 16, 2012 5:25 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: I'm so lame but I was bored. Ryudo's Dojo

:no: :)

Your cat was so puzzled and annoyed. She looked at you like Mike stares at Walt.
by KiBa
Mon Sep 17, 2012 4:16 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The new Robocop suit

My main problem with this new version is that I'm afraid they're trying to make something serious and generic out of it. The black, plated suit suggests as much. The original movie is great because it's camp and knows it, and the internal contrast with the serious questions raised makes it all the more meaningful and fun, like Starship Troopers, which was the same director. Batman: The Animated Series also did this, and that is why it is still well-loved. I'm not saying a completely serious Blade Runner-like type of Robocop movie can't be done (I think that would be great too), but the trade-off in that case ought to be a unique visual style, like transforming the setting into a fully developed cyberpunk metropolis. The point is, you've got to do something to stimulate the imagination in order to really entertain people. By far, the most forgettable thing you can do is make it into a non-funny generic action movie that takes place in a more or less contemporary setting devoid of any noir style elements and interesting characters. Combine that with a generic musical score and bland CGI, and there's just no way it will live as long as its 1987 father.

Also, the original suit design was fantastic because it looked like fantasy geometric robotics. I don't see the new design above seeming like much more than body armor. The original was much more sleek and convincing as a cyborg form, being narrower at the waist, with visible joints, etc. And silver is way better than black .

I don't know if this is good or bad:

http://www.uproxx.com/gammasquad/2012/08/michael-keaton-robocop/
by KiBa
Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:43 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Who Really Cares? wrote: Because vegetarians act like they are better than everyone else.

We don't have to act.

By the way, nice avatar.
by KiBa
Sun Sep 16, 2012 5:14 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xh_t2fFF3B0[/youtube]
by KiBa
Mon Sep 17, 2012 5:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Kenny wrote:
Dorian wrote: ^Just remember that you're buying us all Shenmue 3 if you end up becoming a millionaire.

Maybe it's not the best time to mention that i'm probably the only regular member that doesn't like Shenmue that much.

:theyareontome:

by KiBa
Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

http://i.imgur.com/mzzLe.gif
http://i.imgur.com/CO1t4.gif
You know what’s so uncomfortable about this? It shows that perhaps one of the most evil men in history, was a human being. That, on occasion, he could be nice, even flirty. That’s not all. You want to see evil people as evil, screaming horrible stuff over a desk with 20 microphones with 20, 000 people saluting them. The evil is clear and recognizable then. This shows a completely different image, it scares you because that means that evil isn’t a stereotype, that evil is not recognizable, that evil could be anyone. It scares you because this shows that evil could be lurking inside anyone and you’ll never ever know. Maybe in you?

Luke 6:32

"And if you love them that love you, what thanks are to you? For sinners also love those that love them. And if you do good to them who do good to you, what thanks are to you? For sinners also do this. And if you lend to them of whom you hope to receive, what thanks are to you? For sinners also lend to sinners, for to receive as much.

But love your enemies: do good, and lend, hoping for nothing thereby: and your reward shall be great, and you shall be the sons of the Highest. For he is kind to the unthankful and to the evil. Be therefore merciful, as your Father also is merciful.

Judge not: and you shall not be judged. Condemn not: and you shall not be condemned. Forgive: and you shall be forgiven."
by KiBa
Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Definitely the one wearing sunglasses.
by KiBa
Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Attachments

It seems like something corrupt just happened.
by KiBa
Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue Chapter 2 Recruitment

^ .

"
http://i.imgur.com/qWOxs.gif

Please don't apply in this topic. I want you to PM me. Tell me what you're good at, what you're not good at, how much time you have, when you can work on it, when you can't work on it, and above all, show me how determined you are. I care more for determination than I do for skill (except with writing) I'll review your application, and let you know whether or not you're successful (which you likely will be by default anyway) Your first task will be given within the next two weeks of receiving my reply, along with the project schedule."
by KiBa
Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Everyone ought to just sit back, relax, and remind themselves how incredibly funny this moment was, mainly by studying Mike Myers' facial expressions.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PDMyArnIdzY[/youtube]
by KiBa
Sat Sep 22, 2012 7:41 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

don;t change my posts even if I say I castrated my dick.

Warning: Disarranged priorities.
by KiBa
Sat Sep 22, 2012 5:47 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The Hobbit Trailer

There are a lot of people who think The Hobbit is the far better story. It's very much like whether you prefer Plato or Aristotle. Different strokes for different folks. For example, innocent adventure smacks of you , whereas it is obvious to most that mopey serious stuff reeks of Dora the Explora or You-Know-Who . ;-)

Me? I prefer Morgoth and The Fall of Númenor, for I am mopier.
by KiBa
Mon Sep 24, 2012 2:23 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Gaming thoughts of the day

The westernization of the east (which is also the easternization of the west) seems good and desirable. Sonic 2 is an excellent example of how an admixture can surpass its parts, memetically. Genetically, the following is proof that there could still exist beauty under such circumstances that the races of mankind tended toward hybridization:

https://www.google.com/search?q=half+japanese+half&rlz=1C1LENN_enUS496US496&aq=f&sugexp=chrome,mod%3D1&um=1&ie=UTF-8&hl=en&tbm=isch&source=og&sa=N&tab=wi&authuser=0&ei=oiBiUKD-MsiTqwGSnoDoAw&biw=1280&bih=622&sei=tCBiUNreKsOlqgGbwIHQAw#um=1&hl=en&rlz=1C1LENN_enUS496US496&authuser=0&tbm=isch&sa=1&q=half+japanese+&oq=half+japanese+&gs_l=img.3..0l10.2155.2155.0.2453.1.1.0.0.0.0.83.83.1.1.0...0.0...1c.1.CkjPbbpC824&pbx=1&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_qf.&fp=39f9061d043c8ae2&biw=1280&bih=622
by KiBa
Tue Sep 25, 2012 5:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: TWITTER

.................................soccer mate.

And? Are you telling us that Bri'ish sportsmen don't wear socks? Fact is, we already had a sport where a ball is kicked. You call Football, American Football, which is incredibly lame because anybody can play it. Granted, you may not have a enough black people to be competitive, but you should have thought about that before not enslaving an immense number of them.
by KiBa
Wed Sep 26, 2012 12:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Awesome avatar, Birty... with the red text too. Just great.
by KiBa
Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:56 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Post a pic of what you expected a member to look like.

Bluecast wrote: anything blue, really

We love you.
by KiBa
Fri Sep 28, 2012 7:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: TWITTER

Yet another invalid opinion from anti-mainstreamists who look down their noses on anything popular.

Unless you consider the view that Twitter is silly to be the prevailing view. If that is the case, you are the anti-mainstreamist looking down your nose on all the people who are mainstreamist by being anti-mainstreamist.
by KiBa
Fri Sep 28, 2012 6:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What Anime are you watching right now?

It's Leiji Matsumoto's movie about the origin of Captain Harlock, a very interesting character, like a baroque pirate in space. Some of you may recall the character made a cameo appearance in Galaxy Express 999 . It's a beautiful, epic movie, with a surprisingly human story. Meiji Matsumoto's space operas evoke a strange combination of awe and adventure, but also a kind of sadness, or the despair that freedom is too difficult for most, as it forces you into the unknown. It's like nothing else I have discovered... except other Leijiverse works. It's drawn in the same unique, flowing style of all his stuff, like Galaxy Express and Starblazers . The musical style is that odd, highly ornamented stuff from the 1970s you hear in such soundtracks as The Castle of Cagliostro .

Also, Spike Speigel is Captain Harlock. If you've seen Cowboy Bebop , then you'll know what I mean once you find Arcadia Of My Youth . I highly recommend it, if you're into that style of anime. Being old, it has a strange aesthetic compared to the bright stuff today. But it's supposed to be grainy, dark, and cavernous. The ending is especially wonderful and sad to me, at the same time.
by KiBa
Fri Sep 28, 2012 5:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Dorian! =D>
by KiBa
Sat Sep 29, 2012 5:42 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What Anime are you watching right now?

Not when I'm trying to be useful. :)
by KiBa
Sat Sep 29, 2012 9:20 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: BLOOD OF JESUS! Every bible to come with a box of donuts

Well, to be fair, you don't judge ideas by people who don't have a clear picture of them, even if they hold them. For example, to the intelligent, it's the "forces" of nature responsible for glasses, modern surgery, GPS based on relativity theory, smartphones, pc's etc. based on quantum mechanics and so on, that are in need of explanation, and are thus the very objects of God's creation. It's not as if they think God made a primitive world full of primitive people who slowly but surely discovered a bigger Truth behind God's back.

Moreover, no religion that has survived history thinks God is a human-like figure. Rather, they are explicit that people are God-like figures. That is, they say we are theomorphic, not that God is anthropomorphic, and at least among the orthodox Christians, Catholics mostly, they have always maintained that theomorphism is with respect to the mind alone. Hence, it is quite impossible for, say, a Catholic to believe in a "god" resembling Zeus or a Flying Spaghetti Monster. Rather, they are talking about the singular, eternal, and unchanging ground of all intelligibility and order (that which makes things true and false), from which this changing universe of multiples perpetually emanates.

Protestant rebels, such as those in the above video, left mainstream Christianity only a few centuries ago. They do not represent the previous 1500 years of orthodox thought.

Point? We've got to be fair to all sides, rather than flicking strawmen for shitzngiggles.
by KiBa
Sat Sep 29, 2012 9:33 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Yes, I guess so. I noticed the same thing. It's even hard to find the movies themselves on DVD. I had to drive to a small little collector's shop in the middle of nowhere Texas to find a new DVD copy of Bonjour Galaxy Express 999.
by KiBa
Sat Sep 29, 2012 11:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Are you a guest or new to this forum?

Well, that's a wrap...
by KiBa
Sun Sep 30, 2012 12:37 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What Song Are You Listening To Now?

^ I was just about to post the very same track. You and I are really on the same wavelength of late.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ap-YvpOQ3XY[/youtube]
by KiBa
Sun Sep 30, 2012 12:50 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

A little.
by KiBa
Sun Sep 30, 2012 6:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The last 10 secs is one of the best edits I've ever seen.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Erx9JAsiL88[/youtube]
by KiBa
Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:26 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

This might be the funniest I've ever seen.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ZuowNcuGsc[/youtube]
by KiBa
Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic