Search found more than 1428 matches

Return

Re: Random Thoughts! v2.0

So... about those things that aren't this topic that we're currently on.

Strawberries anyone? Aren't they tasty?
by Yukupo
Thu Sep 06, 2012 2:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Sony 4K TV to cost $25,000

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/366928/sony-4k-tv-to-cost-25000/

Available to pre-order now ahead of its release this November, the 84-inch XBR-84X900 has a 3840 x 2160 resolution - that's four times the pixels of full HD.

Other key features include 3D viewing, a virtual 5.1 surround sound field and online connectivity through the Sony Entertainment Network. Get the full tech specs here.

Just as the PS3 played a key role in establishing Blu-ray and later 3D content, PlayStation 4 is expected to form part of Sony's plan to push 4K tech out to consumers.

:rotflmao:

Good luck with that Sony.
by Who Really Cares?
Thu Sep 06, 2012 2:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

In about the last 10 years, we've seen the wait times for our health care increase, which is a drag. Other than that, it's one of the best healthcare systems in the world.
A system where you wait to die hope to live as opposed to a system live now hope not to die? I had No insurance nor could I afford it. So I never seeked help. Little did I know til much later about medicaid. It doesn't matter that I have racked up a bill nearly 1 million $ and it has cost me nothing. I got help with NO wait at all.
by Bluecast
Fri Sep 07, 2012 3:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Kenny wrote: Its not cool to stereotype people like that

"All generalizations are false; including this one." - Mark Twain

:???:
by Thief
Fri Sep 07, 2012 4:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Post a PM

No!

Sent: Fri Dec 30, 2005 3:23 am

I'm not arab...

I'm Iranian(persian)... :wink:

& one more thing ...please change your second signature
"It's too awesome" & that's not good for members under 17 to see it.
Thanks/
by QWERTY
Fri Sep 07, 2012 1:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What TV Series Are You Watching

Hey, these old Flip the Frog shorts by Ub Iwerks are great!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wNi-ybtYiRw

You magnificent bastard! I've been looking for that cartoon for ages, but couldn't remember what it was called. Seriously, that exact one. I've been referencing the big butt-->big boobs gag as an example of how cartoons were originally for adults, but I could never cite exactly where it was from.
Thank you good sir.
by OL
Wed Sep 05, 2012 1:52 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

http://gma.yahoo.com/blogs/abc-blogs/yangtze-river-turns-red-turns-mystery-175232434--abc-news-topstories.html

Thats very strange. Wonder what caused it?

"These have power to shut heaven, that it rain not in the days of their prophecy: and have power over waters to turn them to blood, and to smite the earth with all plagues, as often as they will." Revelation 11:6
by Thief
Fri Sep 07, 2012 6:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The Irony is here me & Yukio used to sound like Dorian and once speaking to Aznozz he was trying to talk some sense into us.
by Bluecast
Fri Sep 07, 2012 7:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Got home less than an hour ago where I went to the library and also did some cardio. Tired. so had some rice now drinking some tea.
by Bluecast
Fri Sep 07, 2012 7:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

^says the guy who feels the need to tell everyone they're wrong for being happy and having hopes in life :lol:
by south carmain
Fri Sep 07, 2012 8:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

You magnificent bastard! I've been looking for that cartoon for ages, but couldn't remember what it was called. Seriously, that exact one. I've been referencing the big butt-->big boobs gag as an example of how cartoons were originally for adults, but I could never cite exactly where it was from.
Thank you good sir.

You're welcome! I love quality animation.

I really do love Flip a lot more than Mickey (of course, the top still might be The Sorcerer's Apprentice for me). And it's good that nothing was sacrificed stylistically in Iwerks' independent work (since I love Disney too), but I have to say, in terms of early animation, Ub Iwerks was obviously a huge contributing genius for Disney, so his independent cartoons are just as good as the Disney work he did.

If you watch the "Spooks" Flip episode, the skeleton style is just like Iwerks' Disney short "Skeleton Dance."

Somehow, I just think a frog is inherently funnier than a mouse, especially the streamlined design (more than the original Flip the Frog design from "Fiddlesticks" - he goes through a simplification much like Mickey Mouse did). I guess it's because a Frog seems more squash-and-stretchable than a mouse.

Here is the "Spooks" episode. I love this one. I think probably everyone has seen Disney's "Skeleton Dance."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R-kOOEn-8pY
One of my faves and have it on DVD is old king cole Felix The Cat
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=isbzfRh4za8
by Bluecast
Sat Sep 08, 2012 1:18 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Not to flame or add fuel and yes this comes from someone typing in blue. I still find it amusing very very angry posts...that are in pink.
by Bluecast
Sat Sep 08, 2012 2:02 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Celebritys You Look Like

Gollum...................

No i don't look like any celebs.
by Who Really Cares?
Fri Sep 07, 2012 4:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I was just kidding. Good night, Dor.
I wasn't talking about your comment since I never take anything from you as being overloaded with ill will. You're the Cheshire Cat to this MadWorld.

I was serious, though. This slow-witted pseudo-psychoanalysing coming from some undereducated and narcissistic users of this board simply sucks. In fact, it sucks so much that it makes a misanthrope like me all the more right. Thankfully, this board houses more than the aforementioned sort of users and - occasionally - you can have a factual gaming conversation here. Thank Gawd for the ignore function of phpBB. It makes sorting out the Dojo's garbage a helluva lot easier.
by Dorian
Sat Sep 08, 2012 6:53 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: RPG's( NOT Falcom,Square,Bethesda,Bioware)

Its over, its finally all over. I beat Xenoblade today. Some aspects of the ending were meh, and I understand many of dorians points now. But on the collective I still must say this game is legendary, and I have never played anything quite like it. Its mainly the size content and customization that make this game shine, because all of those aspects are on steroids. And with a good to above average story and characters, spectacular art direction and aesthetics, it really is a fine wine in the genre. Also, its a Takahashi game through and through, he has little aspects that make his games his own and you can tell usually mechs, religious philosophy, gods and creators, legendary ancient weapons, and as I suspected his most "complete" game that he has made, there arent nearly as many strings left hanging after this one as compared to Gears/Saga, I am sure he is very proud of that.

I know I posted about this game long before it came out and long after it was released, but I am glad to say I have beaten my most anticipated game of this year, and I sucked every morsel I could out of this game. And it was so much more than I thought it was going to be, but then again you dont really understand the ride you are about to experience, until you experience it, with this one. Nothing can really prepare you for this game, you just have to play it for yourself. You dont understand how big it is, how much content there is etc. until you play it start to finish, while many other JRPGs are very predictable before you put in the game disc you know what you are getting yourself into more or less, this one breaks through that confinement and pushes the genre forward, bravo Monolith, you have done it.

Not real sure how I am gonna react to not playing it anymore, the Xenocrack epidemic is finally over for AG after 190 hours :P
by AnimeGamer183
Sun Oct 21, 2012 5:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Batman 3

Extended cut coming to BD with 30 extra minutes? Spoilers in the link

http://www.denofgeek.com/movies/batman/ ... to-blu-ray

[-o<
by Who Really Cares?
Fri Sep 07, 2012 4:30 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The Dark Knight Rises

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fLyoog562x4[/youtube]
by Who Really Cares?
Sat Sep 08, 2012 4:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The Dark Knight Rises

Put this into Google:

2 sqrt(-abs(abs(x)-1)*abs(3-abs(x))/((abs(x)-1)*(3-abs(x))))(1+abs(abs(x)-3)/(abs(x)-3))sqrt(1-(x/7)^2)+(5+0.97(abs(x-.5)+abs(x+.5))-3(abs(x-.75)+abs(x+.75)))(1+abs(1-abs(x))/(1-abs(x))),-3sqrt(1-(x/7)^2)sqrt(abs(abs(x)-4)/(abs(x)-4)),abs(x/2)-0.0913722(x^2)-3+sqrt(1-(abs(abs(x)-2)-1)^2),(2.71052+(1.5-.5abs(x))-1.35526sqrt(4-(abs(x)-1)^2))sqrt(abs(abs(x)-1)/(abs(x)-1))+0.9
by Dorian
Sun Sep 09, 2012 7:41 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things That Made You Laugh Today

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JOKej-pLoLc[/youtube]
by Who Really Cares?
Sat Sep 08, 2012 11:18 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0pPfyYtiBc[/youtube]
by Crimson Ryan
Sat Sep 08, 2012 9:07 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

A naked black man tearing up petrol station.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OY-Oe9yKVCM[/youtube]

They guy singing "black man don't care" had me in stiches! XD
by Martin
Sun Sep 09, 2012 10:10 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

KiBa wrote: When did Mitt Romney say "masturbating" during an interview? :mrgreen:

By the way, think me dim, but I only just now noticed that Mitt Romney is Mr. Fantastic.

I think he's saying mass debating. But it does sound fairly close
by Yokosuka Martian
Fri Nov 09, 2012 5:16 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The Newsroom is amazing. All ten episodes were fantastic, even the not-so-good episodes were still very good.

Right now watching "Anthony Bourdain: No Reservations", the Paris episode. Aside from the stupid Absinthe skit, its very good.
by Kenny
Sun Sep 09, 2012 6:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Oddest Food You Had (Or Wanna Try)

After looking at "No Reservations" and reading a random Cracked article, it got me thinking. What's the weirdest meal you ever had or like to have?

One I love is called Balut. Which is an aborted duck or chicken egg.

http://i.imgur.com/ApWya.jpg

The image can be disturbing to people but if you get past the way it looks, its the most delicious thing ever. Its like a really good egg soup. Once I get a rice heater and fridge, i'm getting me some.

One I would like to try is Svið or Pacha, basically a Sheep's Head.

http://i.imgur.com/nzIEh.jpg

There's an extra in the dvd for Hostel where the Icelandic actor was eating it, describing how you eat it and what the individual parts taste like. Been wanting it ever since.
by Kenny
Sun Sep 09, 2012 7:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Oddest Food You Had (Or Wanna Try)

Ate a worm when I was a kid.

Otherwise I've mostly just had normal stuff.
My fiance made me some vegan enchiladas last year... that was a little odd I guess. As a side-note, enchiladas just shouldn't be made with artificial cheese.
It... doesn't melt the same as real cheese.
by OL
Mon Sep 10, 2012 12:49 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue 1080p

no problem, i'll work on that ;)
by wude
Sun Sep 09, 2012 3:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue 1080p

Early morning delivaries

by wdrpgwd
Sun Sep 09, 2012 5:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Gaming thoughts of the day

So Best Buy is having this promotion thing where they are desperate as hell for your business.
If you preorder then buy said title when it launches they will give you $20 per preorderd game you buy. This season I will be having to get a bunch of games I truely do want right away anyways..

Boarderlands 2
Assassins Creed 3
Resident Evil 6
Halo 4

So in the end ill be getting $80 for buying games I wanted to get anyways making one of them technically free or ill be using that money to get some Vita games like Persona 4: Golden, Ragnarok Odyssey and Assassins Creed: Liberation.
Plus I got all these other gift cards from them so really not spending a whole lot in the initial either.

Yup. Sounds like a plan.
by Axm
Mon Sep 10, 2012 2:15 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

That brick wall was supposed to enlighten you, but don't worry since it fails at doing it. Kiba uses the deceitful Aristotle's logic all the time so it's not worth shitting your panites over. In this case, he also completely ignores the fact that he is against something that he himself does all the time to others (as a part of those 'communities' he advocates so strongly for that his nipples go all wild).

You do know you talk some absolute balls sometimes dont you?
by Peter
Sun Sep 09, 2012 1:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

That brick wall was supposed to enlighten you, but don't worry since it fails at doing it. Kiba uses the deceitful Aristotle's logic all the time so it's not worth shitting your panites over. In this case, he also completely ignores the fact that he is against something that he himself does all the time to others (as a part of those 'communities' he advocates so strongly for that his nipples go all wild).

You do know you talk some absolute balls sometimes dont you?
Talking absolute balls? Oh, no, no. That honour belongs to Kibby when he's in a good swing.
by Dorian
Sun Sep 09, 2012 1:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

But Kiba knows it's satire and posts for a fun time. The other who posts balls is just angry and boring.
by Bluecast
Sun Sep 09, 2012 1:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Just in bed now with a cup of tea lol, and feel like i needed to hear "Christmas on Dobuita Street" :lol:
by Peter
Sun Sep 09, 2012 6:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Absolutely love Zimings Shenmue Dojo Youtube Channel. Anytime i want to listen to something Shenmue related, i can find it there with a few clicks. Needed some Shenmue OST tonight!!
by Peter
Sun Sep 09, 2012 6:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I stopped for a while Ryan, but as of last week i have been back. Rediscovered my love, especially for the OST. I love that thing so so so much. "A New Departure" is still my favourite track from the OST, and from the Orchestra Version it would have to be "The Morning Fogs Wave".

Fuck, it never gets old, you know that feeling during a random Shenmue track when it reaches its precipice and the hairs stand up on the back of your neck? Just awesome, and refreshing at the same time as it reminds you of how amazing the game is.
by Peter
Sun Sep 09, 2012 6:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Peter wrote: Absolutely love Zimings Shenmue Dojo Youtube Channel. Anytime i want to listen to something Shenmue related, i can find it there with a few clicks. Needed some Shenmue OST tonight!!

Glad I'm not the only one who does that..
by Crimson Ryan
Sun Sep 09, 2012 6:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Post a PM

The VGM wrote:?
Sent: Mon Jan 31, 2005 11:44 pm
To: Martin

You're a white nerd.

This is the oldest PM in my box, and probably the best. :lol:
by Martin
Sun Sep 09, 2012 7:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Post a PM

Kenny wrote: Love the second track.

The female vocal is sampled from the Bladerunner soundtrack, which is also an amazing tune in itself. I fucking love the whole soundtrack though.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S5wJyLFnxNk[/youtube]
by QWERTY
Sun Sep 09, 2012 6:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

During a conversation with my colleague, we ended up inadvertently going from talking about a pretty cool idea to having a full fledged TV show with four seasons already thought up. Complete with specific conflicts, events, and psychological character developments.

The idea is basically LOST meets Battlestar Galactica. Where the stakes are always rising, the surprises keep happening, and clashes will always occur between the main characters. But everything is explained and tidied up by the time it gets to the very end.

I'm VERY excited with this brand new development and after i'm done with all my other scripts, i'm learning how to write television pilots and bibles so I can get to work on this sucker.
by Kenny
Mon Sep 10, 2012 3:25 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic