Search found 242 matches

Return

Re: What "makes" Shenmue for you?

Shenmue is a very personal game for me. Around the time the game came out, and I first started playing it, I was being bullied very badly at school, and home life really wasn't happy families, but Shenmue was always something that I could go back to to look after me and give me the warmth and comfort that I was otherwise not receiving from anywhere else. That, and even now, thirteen years later, Shenmue is able to do things that games haven't even come close to nowadays.

I'm not proud of very many things in my life, but I am proud to say that Shenmue changed my life and damn well made me who I am today.

xx
by ShenGCH
Sat Nov 17, 2012 7:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Ask a Question, (Hopefully) Get an Answer...

Hey hey, everyone. Not sure if a thread like this exists already, so I apologise if I've unconsciously ripped off someone else's thread, but I thought it would be a good idea to have something of a hub where people who have ever had trivial questions about Shenmue could (possibly) have their questions answered, and maybe even receive answers to their very own questions, etc. I know for sure that there are a good many trivial questions that I have about the game, but, for now, I'll kick things off with this:

In Enoki's character profile , it states that he "is often seen around midnight feeding Megumi’s stray kitten that lives at the Yamanose Shrine", but has anyone ever actually seen this, or is it one of those things that you just never see?

Many thanks, and please ask and answer away, everyone!

xx
by ShenGCH
Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Your favourite example of attention to detail in Shenmue

Just a quickie question, but I was just wondering if any of you guys 'n' girls have a particularly favourite example of attention to detail in both Shenmue games?

For the first Shenmue , mine would have to be the overall intricacies of the lives of the NPCs and how their dynamics change depending on the game's progression; and for Shenmue II , it'd have to be the fact that there are dentists in the game (in Kowloon) who are there simply for attention to detail. FRIGGIN' DENTISTS, YO!

I'd love to hear yours, so bring 'em on :D!

xx
by ShenGCH
Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: If Shenmue HD happens

Personally, I can live without Shenmue III . There, I said it; and, honestly, that's how I have felt for a good few years now. It's not that I've lost all hope in it ever happening - rather, I've just come to realise that I can live my life just fine without it, as much as I still wish for it to happen. Ask me if that was my attitude seven years ago, however, and I'd have tornado kicked you through a wall.

As for the HD collection - that is something that I really want to happen. More than any other game that I'm looking forward to (or even hoping that will be announced, including Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes and The Witness , my two most anticipated games of the year), that is the one I want most. The reason why? Well, other than the fact that we'll be able to play Shenmue in beautiful HD (maybe even with uncompressed textures) with all of the accompanying upgrades, it's because a whole new world of gamers will be introduced to it.

Even if they don't do a physical release, think about the numbers: combined, all of the digital marketplaces out there total well over 150 million members (of which probably 70% are still active); granted, only a very small fraction of those people will even consider buying Shenmue , but there's 100% potential there.

The Shenmue HD collection (or each title, if they decide to sell them separately) could easily hit 150,000 sales on XBLA alone, so just imagine how many it'll hit combined with PSN and Steam, etc. The Metal Gear Solid HD Collection has sold over 1.5 million across all platforms as a physical release, with fuck-knows how many digitally. If Minecraft (a game that I'm really not a fan of) can clear five million sales on XBLA, why can't something like Shenmue ? And, who knows, maybe it'll be a massive hit with people.

That, and it really can't be that hard remaster a game, can it? I have no hands-on experience in this field, but if it's simply a case of upgrading the graphics, applying in-game and controller-related upgrades, and the like, that doesn't sound all that horrible. Again, I can't say for sure.

So... yeah.

xx
by ShenGCH
Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things That Made You Laugh Today

Gotta love silent laughs!

xx
by ShenGCH
Thu Mar 14, 2013 6:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue Meme depository thread

Ziming wrote: I found this at Shenmue 500k Facebook.

Haha! Best one next to "Did see cat" :D.

xx
by ShenGCH
Mon Apr 08, 2013 3:39 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: XBox One

--
by ShenGCH
Mon May 27, 2013 7:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Sony Is Trying To Bring Shenmue To Playstation

Hey, hey, y'all! Not sure if this will be seen as advertising, or anything, but I made a video last week expressing my excitement about the excellent news as well as some ideas for improvements for the HD remasters, etc., so I'd love to hear what you think of it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z8PnKz9VBjg

Also, in regards to getting as many people on board as possible, I think it would be a really good idea to reach out to ScottishDuck17 (he also has a secondary channel under ScottishDuckTales ), a YouTube let's-player who you may have heard of whose favourite games of all time are Shenmue I and II , and see if he can have his subscribers and followers spread the word and the like. Might be awesome!

His Twitter can be found here: @Scottish_Duck

December 3rd, here we come :D!

xx
by ShenGCH
Mon Nov 25, 2013 2:37 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Angriest you've ever gotten at Shenmue?

So, what's the angriest you've ever gotten at Shenmue and Shenmue II ?

Shenmue : I can't seem to recall any time I got annoyed with the first game besides the free battle with Chai at the end of the game. Damn, that shit was hard... Other than that, it was plain-sailing.

Shenmue II : Those planks. Those fucking, fucking planks!

Let's hear yours :).

xx
by ShenGCH
Thu Feb 20, 2014 3:59 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Fav char in Shenmue 1 other than Ryo?

Great topic!

My favourite character has to be Goro, but I also have a soft spot for the dude in the yellow and green jumper who wanders around Dobuita in the evening pretending to be drunk. He's an actor, or something, from what I can remember. Such as boss :P.

xx
by ShenGCH
Mon Feb 24, 2014 7:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What are the odds of winning the radio?

I remember winning the radio way back in the day. I was in the Tomato Mart in Dobuita buying chocolate after chocolate after chocolate just to see what I could win in the raffle, not even trying for the radio in particular, and pulled that magic red ticket :D. When you get home, it's right there on Ryo's desk, which is something I always found awesome.

xx
by ShenGCH
Mon Mar 24, 2014 5:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue HD Remaster (Fan Made)

Saw these videos a few days ago, and they blew my mind :D! Everything about them is absolutely stunning and really, really impressive. It's exactly what fans want from an HD remaster of the game: re-imagined, yet completely faithful to the original.

The only thing I didn't like is that the You Arcade has been re-designed as more of a showcase than what it was in the original game. Instead of packing the arcade with eighteen machines and no darts, jukebox, table-top or funny-looking-yet-ever-lovable cashier :shock:, ten machines as well as the aforementioned missing elements would work really, really well.

Excellent work, dude, and I cannot wait to see more!

xx
by ShenGCH
Thu Aug 21, 2014 3:29 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Favorite Shenmue 1 Moment?

Right here:

phpBB [video]

Absolutely stunning.

xx
by ShenGCH
Thu Dec 11, 2014 5:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What are you currently playing?

As for Last of Us, ya you've only scratched the surface so far. Incredibly long game too do to pacing and all. And imo Survival mode is where the game shines best in gameplay. Sight mode is removed, enemies are punishing, materials are scarce. Love that game. Must have beat it 5 times.
I liked The Last of Us (first time I played it was on PS4), but the stealth became really tedious and the gameplay in general (especially the 'puzzles') was a little too standard for my liking, and that really soured my experience. By the time I'd reached chapter eight, I just wanted the game to end, honestly. I wasn't expecting the world out of it, or anything, but for the amount of praise it received, I think I was expecting more than what it delivered. Based on the characters, narrative, and performances (on all fronts), however, they're probably the best I've ever encountered in a game. Friggin' phenomenal in that regard.

xx
by ShenGCH
Sat Jan 10, 2015 3:35 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What are you currently playing?

Far Cry 4. Despite a few shortcomings and minor glitches, it's a very solid game, and a great expansion on what Far Cry 3 did before it.
by ShenGCH
Mon Jan 19, 2015 8:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Games you know inside-out?

AHOY! Something just came to mind that I thought would make for an interesting thread/discussion, and that is the topic of games you can safely say you know inside-out; games you know so well that you can basically go through them on little more than muscle memory alone without ever having to think about what to do next, including the locations of items (and, to a lesser extent, collectibles), etc.

These are the ones that first come to mind for me:

Shenmue
Metal Gear Solid
Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater
Broken Sword: The Shadow of the Templars

Over to you, everyone!
by ShenGCH
Fri Jan 23, 2015 4:58 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Favourite Shenmue Let's-Play on YouTube?

Sorry if a thread like this already exists (I couldn't be bothered searching either way, so whatever), but of all the let's-plays of Shenmue you've watched on YouTube, do you have a personal favourite?

There's been a pretty good amount pop up in the past couple of months, which is awesome (as are the let's-plays themselves, thanks to both the person playing keeping things interesting and the content of the playthrough itself), but my top favourite has always been ScottishDuck'17s let's-play from a few years back: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3MxuPSkwhS0&list=PL700F9EED15CAF109

Could be because it's the first full Shenmue let's-play I ever watched and it just stayed in my mind, but the dude is great at keeping the commentary interesting and is also very knowledgeable about the game itself. I still watch a couple of parts every now and then whenever the mood takes me. And that's why it's my personal favourite.

Honourable mentions also go to Lucky Hit ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AT2kVCR7fZM ) and AgentAnnK (some of the parts can be found in these playlists, but a few are missing or set to private because they were uploaded directly from Twitch and there were issues, I guess: https://www.youtube.com/user/AgentAnnK/playlists?sort=dd&view=1 ).

So, what are yours? :).
by ShenGCH
Mon Jan 26, 2015 1:13 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What operating system(s) do you use? (Poll)

Windows 7 here. Easily the best operating system from Microsoft since XP. I've had the terrible misfortune of using Windows 8 when setting up a family member's new laptop (though this was quite some time back), and it pissed me off so much I almost put my fist through the screen :lol:.
by ShenGCH
Tue Feb 17, 2015 3:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Do you find Shenmue comforting?

Sorry if a thread like this already exists (didn't bother searching anyway :P), but as someone who finds Shenmue to be a very comforting game, I thought it would be interesting to see if anyone else feels the same and if they have any idea why that might be?

No doubt it's very much to do with the quite magical level and sense of immersion that the game has (moreso than 99.99% of games since then, I would argue), but, for me anyway, it feels like home almost; as if the game has somehow managed to tap into a part of my psyche where I feel at one with it, as if it's a part of me. I could play so many other games I consider to be immersive ( Fallout 3 , Skyrim , Dust: An Elysian Tail , the Metal Gear Solid games, etc.), but none come even close to what Shenmue provides. Played it for the first time back in 2000 as a nine year-old; the last time I played it was 2007 or so, and I felt exactly the same way. It's weird, but I wouldn't have it any other way :).

Go!
by ShenGCH
Mon Feb 23, 2015 5:53 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Initial dislike of Shenmue?

As someone who was well and truly captivated and fascinated by Shenmue very early on the first time I played it - not knowing any different - I thought it would be interesting to see if anyone here initially disliked the game, and for what reason(s), until things started falling into place and you finally warmed to it and (possibly) fell in love with it.

Anyone? :P
by ShenGCH
Wed Apr 08, 2015 2:20 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue I Mod: The REAL Bad Ending

Oh my god, I totally thought Lan-Di pulled a huge turd out of the vending machine before it registered in my brain that it was Ryo's arm :lol:.

Great stuff :D!
by ShenGCH
Wed Apr 08, 2015 2:26 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: shenmue Art Exhibit

Holy fuck, your avatar is my second-favourite character from Shenmue, and damn does it look good :D!

Really looking forward to your upcoming work!
by ShenGCH
Sat May 16, 2015 6:45 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: shenmue Art Exhibit

I'll be sure to post some pictures of the show. On opening night we are hooking up a DC and having a marathon day while sipping on local craft beer and eating Tom inspired hot dogs. Most of the pictures depict his conversations with the townspeople. I'm also working on a few paintings of Ryo if he spent 15 years in limbo without completing his story. Then he returns to Dobuita a failed adult.
Marry me. Now .

:D
by ShenGCH
Sun May 17, 2015 2:50 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rumor: Microsoft set to buy Silent Hills from Konami

Microsoft can purchase the Silent Hill IP all day, but if people think it's going to be the Silent Hills as envisioned by Kojima and del Toro, they're going to be sorely disappointed. Waste of money, in my opinion.
by ShenGCH
Sat May 30, 2015 5:29 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Worst parts ft. Shenmue 2

What the... They become first person? Never saw that lel. However, I like everything about Shenmue 2, although I coincidentally started playing an old save data yesterday and spent the whole day working with (donkey) congo.
Not 100% first-person, but whenever a fight initiates with the gang members in Beverly Hills Wharf, the camera basically slots itself in a cross-section between the back of Ryo's head and his face - complete with awkward translucency - and you're forced to fight like that. It's pretty annoying because it's harder to judge the collision, but it's easy enough to handle so long as you don't get surrounded and gang-raped by a barrage of punches.

My least favourite parts in Shenmue II are the book airing and Ghost Hall Building planks, for sure. The latter, especially, can go die in a hole :P
by ShenGCH
Fri Jun 05, 2015 10:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Favorite Shenmue 1 Moment?

virtua_cop wrote:... when Fuku-san gives Ryo the piggybank ...

Oh, man, I still shake my head and laugh at that scene to this day.

"Well... one... two... three... *mumbles*... 39,634 yen!"

Priceless :lol:.
by ShenGCH
Mon Mar 02, 2015 5:20 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What???! Mind = blown

Awesome to always discover new things playing this game. On my current play thru of Shenmue 1, Ine-san and Ryo had a conversation I never remember them having. Ine mentioned something about one of Ryo's karate instructors being worried and wanting Ryo to drop by.

What? Tell me more. When in the game does that take place? :shock:
I checked out BlueMue's YouTube channel to see if it was anywhere in the "Shenmue - Random Rare Dialogue" video, or if there were perhaps a compilation of Ine-san's dialogue, but no such luck, I'm afraid, dude :sad:

If you haven't seen it, though, this video is well worth a watch:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJd764u8fMc
by ShenGCH
Sat Jul 11, 2015 6:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Today I introduce my girlfriend to Shenmue!

Well we are up to Disc 3, she has just got a job at just the harbour. She's actually pretty into it, I'm impressed! And my god....she nearly beat Chai with beginners luck I'm not even joking, the fight went on for AGES and she kept catching him with uppercuts! And she has also come across a funny but of dialogue I've never hear before, she was talking to the young Liu-San in the barbers and he just said something like "I tell you what, my hands just ache. They ache every time I see him, I go walking every day and when I see him...I just want to cut Tom's hair, so bad..." :D

EDIT: I mean Chai in the arcade, first fight. The look on her face when she first saw him was priceless, she was disgusted by him haha!
It's Maeda-san ;-)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJd764u8fMc&t=12m50s
by ShenGCH
Mon Jul 13, 2015 6:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Random Shenmue Thoughts

I often wonder about Chai...What's the deal with him?

He has superhuman athletic abilities despite having the back of a cripple, floating from one rooftop to another with the grace of a bird.

Crackpot theory here but there are many hints that this creep isn't even human. Aside from his hideous demeanour and inhuman athletic abilities, he has been referred to "that thing" by Master Chen, Shinchiki-San asks "what the hell is he?", Ryo describes him as having red eyes and the manual for Shenmue not only questions how he came to be but his age is described as "unknown" iirc. He really is shrouded in mystery.

I don't know if I read a theory like this many years ago (most likely) or if it's something I've come up with on my own but I really do support the theory that he's some kind of chiyoumen experiment lmao. Or, he could just be a crack addict. That probably makes more sense...
This explanation is fantastic and makes a lot of sense: http://shenmuedojo.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=42921&start=20#p927994
by ShenGCH
Wed Jul 15, 2015 5:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

someone remind me, how long passed between ryo's fathers death at the beginning of shenmue 1 and the end of shenmue 2?
Well, Ryo's father dies on November 29th, 1986, but the end of Shenmue II is not fixed and can occur at any time; even earlier if you finish Shenmue quickly and use the save import option so the dates match. If, however, you decide to go for a clean slate with Shenmue II , the game begins on February 23rd, 1987, with a fixed bad ending of June 31st, 1987, but that's still no indication of a fixed ending for the game.

Unless I'm not understanding the question? :P
by ShenGCH
Sun Jul 19, 2015 4:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue Collections & Merchandise

Jesus, Pol, it took me fifteen minutes to scroll through those damn pictures!

Best Shenmue collection in history, though :D
by ShenGCH
Wed Jul 22, 2015 8:42 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What was the one thing you found unique about Shenmue?

To be able to interact with every NPC and fully voiced has always impress me a lot.
Even the dude who pushes the trolley around outside the harbour, who you can't usually interact with, is voiced. Unfortunately, he shares the same dialogue as the green dude who can be found wandering around the harbour and who Ryo later bitch-slaps in Asia Travel Company, but it's still awesome he was given placeholder dialogue at all :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u-TlrizgYEM
by ShenGCH
Thu Jul 30, 2015 3:02 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

How come you get $$$ from Fuku San at the end of Shenmue 1? What was the point cos you just lose all your money at the beginning of Shenmue 2!

Also why didn't Ine San put up a better fight against the home invaders? Little freeloader let Lan Di waltz in without even a fight and she went down like a punk.

Also why doesn't Ryo get fired if he refuses to move even a single crate on the forklift?

Also why don't we ever see Tom sell a hot dog?!

Also what would Lan Di do if, as a practical joke, the black suits cut off his ponytail and started playing keep-away with it?

Also does Master Chen wear a bra for his double D's?
1. A parting gift, perhaps? Fuku-san didn't know Ryo was going to get his bag snatched, otherwise he'd have put knuckledusters in the envelope instead of money

2. Lan Di disarmed her with such force, her weapon ended up in Hong Kong - and thus, a legend was born: Gun in Shenmue II

3. Ryo secretly snuck some chloroform into the ever-brewing kettle you see in the Alpha Trading Office, creating a Vapour of Forgetfulness (this move has been confirmed as an Arcane Technique for Shenmue III , by the way), affecting anyone in the room at the time

4. The Illuminati

5. Mo-cap that advanced didn't exist back then, hence why they vetoed it. Wouldn't be surprised if we saw this in Shenmue III with today's technology, however!

6. Those aren't double-D's - that's where Lan Di was hiding before setting off for Hong Kong. Master Chen is so hopped up on the chloroform vapour from #3, he doesn't even feel the ponytail nestling in his belly button
by ShenGCH
Wed Jul 29, 2015 6:58 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Shenmue - The Cutting Room Floor

Not sure if any of you have ever heard of The Cutting Room Floor wiki before, but it's a wiki dedicated to unused and cut content from video games - including characters, weapons, locations, graphics, debug menus; everything - and it's pretty damn fascinating, especially when you stumble across something you had absolutely no clue about from one of your favourite games.

However, take a guess which game is completely missing from the site. That's right - Shenmue ! It's really surprising given the vast amount of content that was cut and/or ultimately unused in the end, and I think everyone will agree that the game(s) deserve a place on the website. As it's a wiki, absolutely anybody can contribute and edit content once they've created an account, and we have a great community of people dedicated to unearthing all the hidden bits and bobs in the game here at the Dojo, so why don't we take this on as a project of sorts? I'm game, for sure!

How about it? :D
by ShenGCH
Fri Jul 31, 2015 3:17 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue had INCREDIBLY good controls

I wonder if any of the Sega members have ever explored Nagai Industries before the release... damnish, is it me or it's just impossible to climb the stairs without Ryo doing absurd things ? Wow, I didn't remember having particular issue with this before. :lol: Otherwise, it's still super cool to explore so confined and realistic areas in a third-person view videogame.
I can't recall ever having an issue with the stairs in Nagai Industries. Trying to enter the door to the office and accidentally starting a conversation with Mr Strong McTough standing guard outside, on the other hand? #-o :P
by ShenGCH
Tue Aug 11, 2015 4:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain

MGSV: Ground Zeroes is a free game on Xbox Live this month, worth a punt?

I was thinking of returning to the MGS franchise soon with this Phantom Pain game, but since this is free and seems to be a prequel to PP may have a bash. Is it playable enough? 'cos even though it's free I don't wanna waste time downloading a few gigs for something that's just shite...
The main mission should take a first-timer around two hours to complete, but Side Ops, collectibles, and generally messing around for fun (the concept of which many of the game's critics seem to be sorely lacking) could see you pumping hours and hours and hours into the game. I've put around thirty hours into it myself.

As for whether it's a good game that's playable enough? Very much so. It's hands-down the best Metal Gear Solid in terms of control and playability; the open approach aspect to missions brings about a natural increase in difficulty, but only in the sense that it requires much more of the player than simply going from crate to crate to your mission objective. Instead, you really need to plan your moves carefully, keeping an eye on your surroundings from all angles, making sure to scope out and tag enemies with your binoculars, memorising their patrol patterns, etc. It's deceptively deep. The story (not plot, mind you, because all that is going to be explained in The Phantom Pain ) isn't all that fleshed out, but the events within the story are great. Oh, and the FOX Engine is a sight to behold, and it's only going to get better in The Phantom Pain .

Any bad points? For one, Kaz (your radio guy) doesn't shut the fuck up, and clumsily hand-holds you in a number of instances (a pet peeve of mine with games), which can get pretty annoying when replaying missions. The game was clearly rushed for release (I guess we can all blame Konami for that), as evident by the handful of bugs, glitches and occasional 'wonkiness'. By very recent standards of rushed products, however, Ground Zeroes is still an A+ compared to Assassin's Creed Unity and such. Other than that, it's a great game.

Have fun :D
by ShenGCH
Sat Aug 15, 2015 7:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I was watching at the E3 reactions videos for the xxxx time (makes me feel good when i feel blue :mrgreen: ) and I've came across this Michael Huber video. Man I love him!!!

Sorry if this video has already been posted many times, but maybe some newcomers didn't see it and really, it's awesome :king:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9CAsWwI5Xv4
I still watch Shenmue III reaction videos every now and then, and the ones I love the most are the ones where they only have to hear the first few seconds of the music before exploding with joy :D

Aside from the GameTrailers one, these are some of my favourites:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cGiTb0JVmHk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=60NqgzO2KWs
by ShenGCH
Wed Sep 09, 2015 3:39 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue III Dreamcast Prototype

Are these the images you're talking about, man?

http://www.segasaturno.com/portal/files/images/2/shenmue3_screen01.jpg
http://www.segasaturno.com/portal/files/images/2/shenmue3_screen03.jpg
http://vignette4.wikia.nocookie.net/shenmue/images/c/c4/ZZZmiaovillage2.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20140118175545
http://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/shenmue/images/4/4c/Bailuvillage.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20140118173105
http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/shenmue/images/8/8a/Bailuvillage2.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20140118173305
http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/shenmue/images/7/77/Shenmuebetaaa3_1.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20140119170733
http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/shenmue/images/1/17/Shenmue3_screen02.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20140120134028
by ShenGCH
Tue Sep 08, 2015 3:10 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

damn, technology is sure a beuty, playing shenmue 1 on the bus today on my nvidia shield using reicast, what a day were living in.
How did it run, dude?
on the nvidia shield portable, aside from some visual glitches like ryos eyes are a little iffy and some textures here and there, it ran full speed, i did use one of the ''non stable'' reicast builds, ironically though it runs shenmue better than the current ''stable'' build. The alpha effects like dust in my experience feature a sorta greenish look to it, however it looks better than the null dc build i have on my pc since it there it kinda looks pixely and weird, overall is awesome. The triigers also work property as i can make ryo walk exacly how im holding the trigger. Havent tried the arcade games thought
Awesome! I've absolutely no experience with emulating Shenmue on anything before, but it's great to hear it's fully playable on a portable device :)
by ShenGCH
Sun Oct 11, 2015 9:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

GYO6161 wrote: Even 4 months later, is so entertaining still seeing the E3 reactions... :P

They're fucking timeless, dude :)
by ShenGCH
Sun Oct 25, 2015 11:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Kickstarter Update #47

http://i.imgur.com/alu8cci.jpg
If it really is the lighting making the model look different, that's some ninth generation shit right there!

Then again...

- Face looks much more defined and chiselled down, particularly the jaw
- The nose has a smooth slope in the second image compared to the prominent bridge in the first
- The hair has a slightly messier look compared to the Yamcha look
- The plaster on his face appears to have been smoothed out, given more depth, and an added blemish
- Thicker eyebrows (though that could be down to the lighting)
- The shape of the head has gone from a lemon to a curvier look

I'm 95% sure it's an updated model. It looks way more like the Ryo we all know and love.
by ShenGCH
Sat Oct 31, 2015 6:00 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Recent Gaming Purchases

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/91CVpBwQYfL._SY606_.jpg
Plz let us know how you get on with it. It's popped onto my radar since I need an Elder Scrolls-esque fix and since this is their main franchise now making it take longer for the next ES game, I should be interested...
I was having a good time with it until an important NPC completely disappeared from the area he was supposed to be during a quest. I ended up finding him a few towns over just wandering around as if nothing was happening, therefore halting all progression of the quest, so I (rather stupidly) overreacted and uninstalled the game, but I instantly regretted doing so. Maybe I just got unlucky - some people have reported not running into a single bug, whereas others have been having similar issues, particularly where performance is concerned - but I'm going to give the game another whirl and try approaching things differently.

I was actually quite enjoying the game before the little niggles started ticking me off progressively more and more. There's still no reason for them to release a game in this state, and I really don't like how the whole "Well, it is a Bethesda game" has become like a free pass in regards to game-breaking bugs and issues.
by ShenGCH
Fri Nov 13, 2015 6:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic