Search found 756 matches

Return

Re: What Game/Games Are You Currently Playing?

Yeah I hated the interview segments in Vice City...
by Riku Rose
Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Random Thoughts! v2.0

I'm glad Romney isn't president and one of the reasons is him being a Mormon. I couldn't care less if Ryudo is one but I just find their beliefs very out of touch and a little wacky which would trouble me if the leader of one of the most powerful countries in the world believed them.
by Riku Rose
Wed Nov 07, 2012 4:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Just curious

KiBa wrote: Locked from the inside. Every day my parents bang on the door, screaming for me to get a job and move out, but I just calmly inform them that I need more Cool Ranch Doritos and Root Beer. I'm not going to sink to their level.

I thought Dorian left...
by Riku Rose
Thu Nov 08, 2012 7:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Assassins Creed Series

I'm on sequence 7 now. I looked at the achievements and it said there are either 12 or 13. That shocked me because every mission is still people saying. "Oh let me show you how to bribe someone." or "Let me show you how to sail a boat." I'm still enjoying the game they could have really summed up the tutorial a lot quicker rather then spreading it over 6-8 hours of the game. Maybe just have an animus testing stage like when they show you how to climb.
by Riku Rose
Thu Nov 08, 2012 7:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Gaming thoughts of the day

^Yeah I have a bowling alley with a few arcade machines about a mile away. Went in there about 2 years ago and all they had was Time Splitters 2 and some Guitar Hero game. I went to another place on some pier about 2 years ago and had no idea what any of the machines where. They must have been recent because they had some gun game based on the last Terminator movie.

Arcades are dead it just doesn't make sense paying a quid for 5 minutes when you can buy a game on XBLA or PSN for a little more.
by Riku Rose
Thu Nov 08, 2012 7:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Scenes in movies & TV shows that make you cry.

When Aerial goes back into the water at the end of The Little Mermaid, I cry every time. ;-)

You mean the Disney movie?
In the original fairy tale, she actually does throw back herself into the sea (while still in human form) and dies, after the prince marries someone else.
Ah, how messed up my mind would be if Disney had used that ending. :lol:

The original Cinderella had the ugly sisters cut off their toes to try and fit in the glass slipper but still couldn't because it filled with blood. Ahhh Disney.
by Riku Rose
Fri Nov 09, 2012 8:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Love Him, Hate Him, But Molyneux Makes Good Points...

The guy has a passion for what he does and I think the industry benefits from that. He may not make games for everyone but he always want the medium to move forward. It's the same reason I like David Cage. Sure he may like himself a bit to much but he cares about games.
by Riku Rose
Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:18 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Technical Issues

So many topics now just look like the youtube comment sections where people try to argue using logic and get nowhere.
by Riku Rose
Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:43 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Assassins Creed Series

Well I just beat the game an hour ago and although I thought it was a lot of fun there are many many problems. It really felt like the game could do with longer in development but because of the whole 2012 thing they really had to rush it. I've never ran into so many bugs in a game that I imagine this is what people complain about when they play Bethesda games. People would disappear or a cut scenes wouldn't happen when it was meant to meaning I had to reload from the last checkpoint.

The ending was really bad for Desmond as well. I'm sure there will be a sequel and I bet they go find Desmond's long lost brother or cousin so you can replay as Connor or a new assassin.

I thought the scene where Connor kills Lee in the tavern was brilliant but the 2 hours before it felt really weird. You barely controlled Connor at all save for the odd chase or fight. It felt like a really rushed film which no game should seeing that it can go on as long as the developers want it to.

I thought the after credits missions may make up for it but it seemed to be hinting that Connors journey is done. All I felt at the end is how I would have rather played as Haytham through the whole game. In the few hours you play as him he has more personality then Connor does despite getting 4x as much screen time. Even the scenes during missions that he does with Connor he steals every scene.

I enjoyed it overall but it had a lot of potential that it never filled. As it stands my favorite games in the series is the Ezio trilogy. I doubt they would make it but I'd love an entire Assassin's Creed set in present day but if they ever did it I hope we get someone with more personality than Desmond.
by Riku Rose
Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Those unfinished games you want given a 2nd chance?

I think what Mitts is trying to say is that the games came out this year so it's not like SIII or Beyond Good & Evil where people have been waiting for years. The topic is called games you want given a second chance meaning that they are dead and buried. Stuff like Gravity Rush is just coming to PS+ which could help it and Darksiders 2 is coming to Wiiu.

The Wonder Boy/Moster World series actually was "finished" so to speak. The end of MWIV says the series' story is over, and tells the player to go outside and play. :lol:

What was it, oh yeah Sly 2 tells you to go outside too. :lol:

Problem is they didn't take into account that I was playing and beat it when its freezing or nearly so outside.

I think it's Yakuza 3 where Kiryuu says he don't let the kids play video games so they stay active. :lol:
by Riku Rose
Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:38 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Salute

I'd be willing to put money on him having never seen a pair of boobs in real life.
by Riku Rose
Wed Nov 21, 2012 9:42 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Yakuza series

OL wrote: I dressed up as Haruka for Halloween.
I think I win.

I dressed as Majima and actually removed my eye to make it more realistic.
by Riku Rose
Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What Game/Games Are You Currently Playing?

I never shot someone when I played through it either. It just felt like how the game was supposed to be played.

The only part that I found hard to do it was where you are running down some spiral stairs and there are about 4 guys shooting at you.
by Riku Rose
Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:45 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: So what do you do?

Restaurant manager for one of the top restaurants in the country. Also make money other ways.
by Riku Rose
Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: So what do you do?

Benjamin Franklin was a famous jack of all trades, leaving very important marks in the fields of literature, science, public safety, abolition, and American politics. But more important than any of that, he did the nasty with lots of French aristocratic women in exchange for a monetary allowance.
Somehow this isn't something we commonly learn about him in school. But upon hearing of it, my path in life was pretty much set in stone. If you're going to take after someone, why not one of the Founding Fathers? And if you have to pick a single Founding Father to strive for, why not the motherfucking gigolo ?

For further details on Benjamin Franklin:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Benjamin_franklin

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-21_jyYvyZxo/T16-fJ9X6oI/AAAAAAAADqI/HaJaKxYuxfg/s1600/themoreyouknow.jpg
by Riku Rose
Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:41 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Epic Names in History

I knew a Jack Daniels growing up.
Also knew a John Thomas.
by Riku Rose
Tue Dec 04, 2012 1:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue Dojo Game's of the Year

Looking at my games it seems I've only played and beaten 9 games from this year. I did beat Catherine and Yakuza Dead Souls but since they came out in 2011 in Japan I don't really class them as 2012.

3. Max Payne 3

http://media.officialplaystationmagazine.co.uk/files/2012/01/Max-Payne-3-delayed-610x343.jpg

It's rare that a third person shooter doesn't make you feel like a God that can take down an entire army without taking cover. Even if your in a room with one person you feel like you're in danger simply down to how easy you can take damage. I loved the tension in some scenes where you just had to take a chance and come out in bulletime and hope that you survive.

Another way you aren't made to feel like a God is the fact that Max is a loser. He tells you this quite a lot through the game. His just a simple guy from New York who's had a lot of shit happen in his life which has almost never worked out for him. Max isn't Master Chief or Marcus Fenix and you feel it in the gameplay as well as the story.

It was missing some of the charm that the first two had and I think that was mainly Sam Lake's writing. Other then that this game was still fantastic despite the fact I wasn't looking to forward to it. I'd be more then happy for Rockstar to make another Max Payne game and the fact they don't really milk their franchises is a bonus.

2. Journey

http://thatgamecompany.com/wp-content/themes/thatgamecompany/_include/img/journey/journey-game-screenshot-7.jpg

It left me feeling the way only a handful of games do. It's something I shouldn't explain and you should just experience.

1. Mass Effect 3

http://i1138.photobucket.com/albums/n524/Bitmob/1%20Bitmob%20Games/Mass%20Effect%203/1302294840masseffect3.jpg

This has to be my favorite franchise of the generation. People bitch and moan about the last two hours but I felt the entire game was the ending for the series and a great one at that. It's hard to just make Mass Effect 3 my number one game of the year because the experience I had with the first two games influences why I love this so much.

OL once asked why people love Mass Effect so much. I really don't think anyone can tell him because at the end we all get a different experience. I don't know if I will ever play these games again because my story has been told. Even if I played it in a totally different way in 5 or 10 years time nothing will compare to how I felt having to make them choices for the first time even if it did have an outcome I wasn't happy with.

Other games from 2012 I played:

Kingdom Hearts 3D
Assassins Creed 3
Alan Wake: AN
Fifa 13
Binary Domain
Uncharted: GA

2012 Games I want to play:
Paper Mario 3D
Walking Dead
Gravity Rush
Halo 4
by Riku Rose
Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:35 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Never touched the stuff but if people want to do it they should be allowed to. Do 2 minutes of research and you can see how it's no worse for you then some stuff that is legal.
by Riku Rose
Thu Dec 06, 2012 8:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Any other bronies on the dojo?

Bronies are weird plain and simple. I think it's a combination of men struggling with their feminine side and wanting to be young again in a Michael Jackson way.
by Riku Rose
Fri Dec 07, 2012 8:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Should Yu Break Bad To Fund S3?

As anyone who's seen Breaking Bad knows selling drugs get's you a lot of money. Yu needs money to make Shenmue just like Walt needed money for his family. No one really pays attention to Yu anymore so he could get away with it. He has a Ferrari so I'm sure he could buy a warehouse or RV.
by Riku Rose
Sat Dec 08, 2012 8:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Far Cry 3

Yep I'm the troll.

I'm the one who constantly takes shots at everybody but get's pissy when people want to have a laugh back.
I'm the guy who will say to someone they write like a retard because they have dyslexia yet when someone else says something to them they get called a bully for picking on someone with disabilities despite it being unrelated.
I'm the one who spams topics with GIFs non stop.
I'm the one who has to post in every topic about a game even if I don't care about it to say it looks shitty and continue to do so every page or two.

Must be me who's the troll.

The thing is people aren't picking on you. I'd stop calling you out now if you just stopped posting like this just like everyone else would. As Qwerty said no one is calling you out for being fucked up but because you post stupid shit just like we would if Kenny or OL did.

People started coming back when you got demodded for a reason. Sadly they all left again because you still do the same shit despite saying how you are different now.
by Riku Rose
Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Hitman Series

They should have really released this during the summer to get people caught up for the new game. I really want to get into the series it's just a shame the first game isn't included.
by Riku Rose
Wed Dec 12, 2012 8:46 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Gaming thoughts of the day

Just beat The Walking Dead and it's one of the most fantastic games I have played in years. If I did a top 10 list of all time it would be in there.
by Riku Rose
Wed Dec 12, 2012 7:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Games With Interesting & Immersive Stories/Settings

To The Moon was very good and touching.

I just beat The Walking Dead and it had a fantastic story. It was wrote by the guy who did the film Book of Eli so if you like that you may enjoy it.
by Riku Rose
Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Far Cry 3

I see it I just couldn't be bothered.
by Riku Rose
Sat Dec 15, 2012 4:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: God hates West baptist church

They just try to get people to do something like attack them and turn around a sue them. The whole family are lawyers.

I just gave up reading about them or watching anything they are on. If everyone does that they will get less recognition and have to get real jobs.
by Riku Rose
Mon Dec 17, 2012 3:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Most wanted 2013 game.

Ni No Kuni
Metal Gear Rising
Tomb Raider
Beyond: Two Souls
GTAV
Pikmin 3
South Park RPG

My most wanted though is Last Of Us.
by Riku Rose
Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:33 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: the beautiful indoors

If I ever win the lottery or just become rich as fuck I plan to buy a place in a place like Hawaii or the Keys where every morning I can wake up to a bright blue ocean.

http://cdn.hawaiilife.com/rets/images/listings/249767/2012_12_04_23_23_00/620w5.jpg
http://cdn.hawaiilife.com/rets/images/listings/352441/2012_08_25_08_28_00/620w5.jpg
by Riku Rose
Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: **Rumor** MS/Sony tie games to console no used games

I'm just so bored of rumors for the next gen systems now.
by Riku Rose
Sat Dec 22, 2012 5:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE

So what did everyone get then?

http://image1.superdry.com/static/images/products/upload635605489962799576.jpg
http://www.ark.co.uk/prodimg/Superdry_Navy_Eagles_Tee1_1_408.jpg
http://image1.superdry.com/static/images/products/upload2357671007344993542.jpg
http://application.denofgeek.com/pics/interviews/tim.vine06.jpg
http://www.wnblog.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/going-to-sea-in-a-sieve-danny-baker.jpg
http://jeffkatz.typepad.com/.a/6a0120a721c2d7970b0133f145d295970b-800wi

Also got some vouchers and should get some stuff tomorrow.

My 6 year old self would be shaking his head if he see I was happy with just getting clothes and books.
by Riku Rose
Tue Dec 25, 2012 12:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Hi

Happy New Year folks! :D

(I got in a fight, I absolutely dominated (even though I am far from a hard man, just some younger dude being cheeky), but it is still quite a sad start to 2013) :sad:

Had some prick walking in the road while I was driving New Years Eve and when I honked he gave me the finger. We just rolled down the windows and my friend slapped him.
by Riku Rose
Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:01 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Final Fantasy

Beta sign ups for FFFXIV for both PC and PS3: http://entry.ffxiv.com/beta/eu

Be cool to get a little Dojo clan going.
by Riku Rose
Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:52 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

What Do I Do?

For Christmas my nan got me a wallet and to be honest I really didn't like it. I couldn't go back to using my old one or I would seem like a dick. So coming home from work one day I decided to pretend that I had got mugged. I said the muggers let me keep my cards and license so the only thing they took was some cash and the wallet itself as I didn't want the hassle of having to get a new drivers license.

The problem is that now my family want me to call the police. Should I just say I don't want to bother them or lie to the police as well?
by Riku Rose
Sat Jan 05, 2013 10:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What Do I Do?

Yokosuka Martian wrote: lmao if thats real i wanna hear it

Oh it's real. I have a pic of a prop that was used.

by Riku Rose
Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Sonikku wrote: America has always had guns. But everything seems so much... crazier compared to when I was a kid. What the hell happened?

There have and always will be crazy people. The news are just reporting on this stuff more at the moment so the world seems crazier then normal at the moment.
by Riku Rose
Sun Jan 13, 2013 3:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Catherine or Katherine?

I went with Katherine since Catherine was clearly crazy and I play games to escape from stuff I have to deal with in real life.
by Riku Rose
Sun Jan 13, 2013 5:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

A couple week back we got some Indian call center calling my work asking to speak to the owner so they could sell us insurance. For some reason the guy asked how to spell the owners name so I just said it one letter at a time and he repeated after me as he wrote it down.
D-I-C-K-H-E-A-D.
Then I just hung up on him.

Had another one trying to sell us electricity. Just told him we don't use it and just sit around a fireplace and have candles.
by Riku Rose
Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:30 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I have a question for Europeans: how and why is France fighting a war in Mali, and the American media has barely mentioned it? We don't even know what's going on, so I'd appreciate it if you could tell me, then I will tell my comrades. For example, why has France received unanimous “understanding and support” from the UN Security Council? What interest does the international community or France have in Mali?

Because unless it involves America it doesn't matter.
by Riku Rose
Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:04 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Dojo Awards 2012 Final Results

I should get it since I have no money after being mugged.
by Riku Rose
Tue Jan 15, 2013 4:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Devil May Cry series

What amazes me is the fact people are actually annoyed by this. If you like the original games just play them and forget about the others. I'm sure had they announced DMC5 some would have moaned that they was milking the series. This takes nothing away from the past games that everyone seems to love so just enjoy them. If they made FFXV a FPS set in WW2 I really couldn't give a fuck. It's my favorite series and I can just enjoy the old ones.

I've always been of the mindset that you can't really call a game crap until you've played it. You can't experience a game until you've held the controller in your hand and given it a go yourself.

Even when I do play a game I never go in with a negative mindset I try and force myself to enjoy whatever I'm playing or watching. Life's to short to sit around and bitch about a piece of media when you could be enjoying another one.
by Riku Rose
Tue Jan 15, 2013 5:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Devil May Cry series

Other then Nathan Drake pretty much everyone in video games would look like a twat in a bar for the way they dressed.
by Riku Rose
Tue Jan 15, 2013 5:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ni No Kuni

UK Deals:

Amazon £39.99 (With Exclusive DLC)
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Namco-Bandai-Ni-Kuni-PS3/dp/B008LTGEGQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1358528598&sr=8-1

Zavvi £31.46 Use Code 10POG (NO DLC)
http://www.zavvi.com/games/platforms/ps3/ni-no-kuni-wrath-of-the-white-witch/10574807.html?affil=awin&awc=2549_1358528718_6fef124cb9917d9461ef4968d16c2a88&utm_source=AWin-47868&utm_medium=affiliate&utm_campaign=AffiliateWin

GAME Wizard Edition £64.99 Use Code VCJAN13
http://www.game.co.uk/en/ni-no-kuni-wrath-of-the-white-witch-wizards-edition-180778
by Riku Rose
Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Fist of the North Star series

^Can try ShopTo. I've ordered with them before and they've been fantastic with delivery time and price. I've seen online before that some people import from them.

http://www.shopto.net/ps3/PS3FI32-fist- ... ens-rage-2

£35 is roughly about $55 but I'm sure they will add postage.
by Riku Rose
Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Yokosuka Martian wrote: This is a metaphor for how that Assassin's Creed game went down

Let the other team waste their time hiding I was there to fuck shit up.
by Riku Rose
Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic