Search found 323 matches

Return

Re: Last Game/System/Peripheral You Bought

:lol:
That's special.

The first day I bought ZOE2 (which was the very day it came out) I brought it to a friend's house to play it before going to the movies later on. A few other guys were there, and one of them couldn't help but laugh every single time someone said the name "Dingo". And just because he was laughing like that, the rest of us slowly started doing the same thing. Eventually everyone in the room was laughing maniacally while I played the game (myself included) and the name "Dingo" kept being mentioned, and we must have gone on like that for almost an hour.
You'd never see another roomful of people laughing so hard while playing a game unless they were drunk or high, which none of us were. We were just laughing because someone else was.
And it was all over the name "Dingo" for some reason.

Odd memory, but good nostalgia nonetheless. I still smirk a little at the mention of Dingo because of that. :lol:
by OL
Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things That Made You Genuinely Happy Today!

Lamewad is not lame at all guys, he sent me 3 games free to me.

by Spokane
Mon Aug 27, 2012 4:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Yakuza series

I'm loving Dead Souls. The narrative doesn't make any sense, but it's awesome nonetheless.

I'm happy to see that despite all the opinions I've read, the graphics are actually improved from Y4. The framerate took a hit because of it, but it's perfectly acceptable.

Also, the OST is much better this time around.
by Dorian
Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Watching those Virtua Fighter 2 screens from within Y5 and... I'm amazed by how good VF2 looks even today.

In a sense, it's the greatest fighting game ever made.
by Dorian
Fri Oct 12, 2012 8:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Last thing you bought

http://i.imgur.com/riTRb.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/feiYI.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/WA49n.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/m8jbZ.jpg

And a tablet/Roku for my mom
http://i.imgur.com/akdny.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/R7jvk.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/NTKVN.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/nLewg.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/LsLa1.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/coEAH.gif
by Dorian
Tue Oct 16, 2012 5:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Random Thoughts! v2.0

MiTT3NZ's advice of turning into a begging worm can make you survive, but surviving like that may be even worse than death. I guess this will be judged in the afterlife, but I really do not condone such low measures just to survive. But whatever! We should just focus on something constructive here. Ryudo, you were helped when you had a similar situation as TDA. Now that you're getting thousands of bucks and spending it on modern electronic toys, can't you help TDA? I'm sure he would repay you in the future.

by Dorian
Wed Oct 17, 2012 1:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

No offence guys, but if your on the verge if homelessness and are still buying games (be it $5, $10 or even $50) then you seriously need to start thinking about your priorities in life.
Homeless people are buying alcohol and drugs. I see where you're coming from, but it's an oversimplification and totally misses the complexity of the human mind.
by Dorian
Wed Oct 17, 2012 1:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Damn right. A month's worth of rent should provide him with ample time to find a job.
by MiTT3NZ
Wed Oct 17, 2012 2:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I think it would be the best to gather the cash on MiTT3NZ's account so that he can send it directly to TDA. Western Union or even traditional mail would do.
by Dorian
Wed Oct 17, 2012 2:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Ryudo, you were helped when you had a similar situation as TDA. Now that you're getting thousands of bucks and spending it on modern electronic toys, can't you help TDA? I'm sure he would repay you in the future.

Pretty much the only thing I agree with you here. And i'd be disappointed, Ryu, if you donate "a little" considering the amount you disclosed publicly, what you intended to spend with it, and the amount that was given to you in the past.

As with TDA's situation, the only thing I can say is exhaust all your good options. Even though he mentioned he was homeless in the past, obviously he posted his current situation here hoping he'd get some help otherwise he wouldn't have bothered. Though it sort of bothers me he said he lied to his girlfriend and landlord about his current situation...which I hope he's not doing here with us.

I can't give out as much as I did in the past but I don't mind doing it when the time comes. Can be put to better use than buying $5 games, $1200 TVs, and $12 movie tickets.

I agree with you Kenny, If anyone ever gave me $500 I would be sure that when/if I ever had it, I would repay the favor in the exact same amount to anyone who needed it. My "savings account" would not see a dime until my life debt was repaid.

As for you TDA I would surely donate to help you. I've worked my ass off to get into a good position in life and I have no problem helping another out. Yes, I may have ton's of debt and things to pay for, but I can skip a weekend of eating out and sell my Resident Evil 6 to help a fella in need :)
by ShOzO MiZuKi
Wed Oct 17, 2012 5:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I just got offered alot of money to write a script and I have to be in Alaska to do it...waiting on the terms for this deal...
by Kenny
Fri Oct 19, 2012 10:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

In all seriousness, I miss Dor. Hope he comes back someday.
by KiBa
Thu Oct 25, 2012 8:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

You have no idea how glad I am to hear from you. :)
by Spokane
Mon Nov 05, 2012 3:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What Game/Games Are You Currently Playing?

Played the Gravity Rush demo yesterday at Target. It was really fun. It'll be the first game I get for Vita (years from now when the Vita is cheap).
by Calshot
Fri Nov 02, 2012 7:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What movie are you watching right now?

Wreck It Ralph.

If you're even the most casual fan in games, you need to see this movie. This is probably the most sophisticated, well-written story written for a kid's movie since...jesus, I don't know.

It's probably a little too cluttered with the plot points but its all brilliantly unwoven all the way to the end. So many different themes are happening at once and you grow to really love the characters (including the really annoying kid). The game cameo appearances are awesome (Sonic's got three) and they plug a few classic gaming things in there too.

Definitely a must see at full price, you won't regret it. I'm tempted to watch it again.
by Kenny
Sun Nov 04, 2012 7:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I consider Roger Rabbit to be perfect in every way and form, so i'm not sure if I wanna compare it to that. But its the closest thing we got. I'd be willing to say its the BEST videogame movie out there to date.
by Kenny
Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:56 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Shenmue I & II HD Listed in magazine

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ay5nTVljWZw

This could be nothing, but then again this always can be a hint. Either way any grain of Shenmue news is good news for me. Always fun to reignite speculation and discussion. What are your thoughts? Is it merely some magazine making their own predictions? Do they know something we don't know? Should I stop talking? Fire away.
by Yokosuka Martian
Sat Nov 03, 2012 11:47 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue I & II HD Listed in magazine

I tell you one thing, if Shenmue III is ever released, I damn well expect a shout-out to the 'Dojo during the credits or something. There's usually a 'Special Thanks' in gaming closing credits. Shenmue Dojo should be in there just for being the primary hub of Shenmue fandom for the past decade. It's been so long that we rarely even speak of Shenmue, and viciously shoot down any random noob who dares to do so.

You want to talk about Shenmue? Not on my fucking Shenmue fan-site, you don't!
by Martin
Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

are there no social aid plans in portugal? the gov should normally be able to give you a monthly pay to get you through hard times, something that covers rent and food

anyway I can send you a laptop that doesn't have a hard drive and a functioning but problematic psp (the screen has blue lines on them, this is repairable unfortunately I don't know how, they go away when you apply pressure to the borders of the screens, also the batterie doesn't work so to play it you need to always have it plugged in)

unfortunately I can't make any promises though as these are in London and I'm in the UAE but I lost my passport so I might have to go back to London soon, if I do then I will send you them though if the police have found my passport then sorry but I won't be going back anytime soon
by south carmain
Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:02 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things That Made You Laugh Today

This reminds me of a discussion I once had about how pointless a lot of Primary School can be. I once spent an entire school year doing literally no work, as I was too absorbed in City n the Dreamcast's impending release. Not to mention being a little cunt. Still, I can honestly say that I only did three things... Copied someone's homework, build an army tank toy using cardboard, mini light bulbs, buzzers, and other crafts material, and went on school trips.

To cut a long story short, I didn't learn anything that year, yet when the next year rolled round and I was asked to do shit I hadn't actually learnt, I did it with no problem whatsoever and was the top of my class for the remainder of the year.

And the moral of the story is... Well, there is no moral, I just reckon the way the board of education are fucking retarded.
by MiTT3NZ
Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:10 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

First time watching Team America. I made it an hour in. It's terrible
by Bluecast
Sat Nov 10, 2012 7:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Wow, you were quick!
:lol: yeah I don't really take time to think before replying to something

in fact pm me you address and I will ask my godfather to send you the laptop as it's at his, it's a HP with 2gb ram and maybe 1.6 processor or 1.8 can't remember, anyway it's enough to do most things including playing pre 2005 games and can run nulldc perfectly, I played through both shenmues on it with only a few slowdowns
by south carmain
Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:25 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

great then, it works perfectly fine when running from a HDD though so don't worry about that, let me know you address and I'll send it then
by south carmain
Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:58 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

we should do some kind of game of the year poll with accredited votes.. or game of the forever.. naturally shenmue will win but what will be second or third etc...

would be fun, call it the Shenmue Dojo canon
by Luvly KM
Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:43 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Since Dorian doesn't visit here anymore, I'll let him know on your update, Carlos :) Great to hear you're coping. Now use that laptop to set up a PayPal account!!

Yokosuka Martian wrote:The most ever members online was December 2nd 2010 totaling in at 888. What was the special occasion ?

Yeah, we hit the jackpot.
by Crimson Ryan
Tue Nov 13, 2012 4:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Last Game/System/Peripheral You Bought

AnimeGamer183 wrote:
Crimson Ryan wrote:
Yukupo wrote: Wait what did I miss?

Yakuza Dead Souls.

Dead Souls isnt part of the main series.

Still a Yakuza game though, and it's still nut-bustingly awesome. :nice!:
by OL
Fri Nov 09, 2012 1:22 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What Anime are you watching right now?

I just rewatched Vampire Hunter D.

I was convinced that it's not going to stand the test of time, but I only loved it more than ever. There was no better way to squeeze that novel material into a 80 minutes anime back then. A true classic in which I wouldn't change even one frame. I even like the ending music, though, so you can call me a drity fanboy. Just watch your neck...
by Dorian
Fri Oct 12, 2012 10:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

After a talk with Yama, i will be staying in my post, but some things will be changing. George will reveal more when things are a bit more ironed out. But finally after 21 and a half hours i can get some sleep, and end this day a lot happier than when i started. Oh and theres a ban on registrations so there will be no more bots until the security issues are fixed.

Night Dojo'ers :nice!:
by Peter
Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:34 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Never Forget About Shenmue

Hi Guys!

I've written an article about Shenmue at http://newbreview.com/?p=21991 that you guys and gals may be interested in.

I'm really interested in what you guys think as there'll obviously be some tough customers - I'd greatly appreciate any praise or criticism.

I realise that this post could be construed as 'plugging' but you have to admire my audacity at least, right?

Right? :-"
by IAmNotABot
Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:33 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Let's just say SIII is in development and....

more side stories, the only thing I find missing from shenmue is that it doesn't have enough substories to fill its huge bustling world, it's a great thing that you voiced every character and made hundreds of shops yu but it would be great if these served more than "sorry, I'm busy right now"
by south carmain
Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Keep the QTE's as they are. We don't need this game made easy or anything and I'm fed up with games going easy on gamers. Hell the only one i can think of that really punished you was the long ass planks section and who didn't save after each one anyways?
by Who Really Cares?
Sat Nov 17, 2012 8:13 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I just started playing Yakuza 3 last night. Man I forgot how much I loved these games. I didn't have a PS3 for the longest time so I just had to sit after playing Yakuza 2 all those years ago. The game looks great too. It's cool to see Okinawa. (The fishing mini game could use some work though...)

HOPEFULLY I can convince yukio to play Y3 together simultaneously like me and him have done with so many other games in the past. 8) Better hurry up. :P
by Yukupo
Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ryo model from Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing mod for GTA

Any news, guys?

I have the game and no problem rippin it. Now I also started riggin characters for my SA. My 1st work has been, of course, our Mr. Ryo Hazuki. It's the same Wude made some time ago.

http://i45.tinypic.com/2hf5lsj.png

If you are interested just ask me here :D

I also made a "super pack" including:
- Ryo as the player.
- 2 vehicles; Motorcycle and Forklift. Got them in GTAgaming.
- His katana witch is from the Millenia model.

http://i49.tinypic.com/eb5wcz.png
by Fenix
Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

After a talk with Yama, i will be staying in my post, but some things will be changing. George will reveal more when things are a bit more ironed out. But finally after 21 and a half hours i can get some sleep, and end this day a lot happier than when i started. Oh and theres a ban on registrations so there will be no more bots until the security issues are fixed.

Night Dojo'ers :nice!:

Oh thank God! It would have been horrible to lose you.

I will likely regret typing this later, but this place is not just a silly pastime. I'd like to think that ten years of friendship, even if we're glorified penpals, is worth saving. I really like all of you a lot.

That is all.
by KiBa
Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:27 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

So excited i have to share

Ive posted my music here before and for the most part no one cares (i dont blame u cus....why would u?) so i try to refrain from posting my music here. but i recently hooked up with a rap group from Washington D.C. called Fatal Sinz and we did a song together. been lookin forward to meeting these guys for a while and we linked up and did the tracK! i do a little bit on the chorus but my verse is the third verse. comes in at the 2:30 mark. check it out if u get time. like i said so excited i have to share

O yeah i made the beat too!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rmXEGjh_O_c
by Perfect_Chaos
Sun Nov 18, 2012 1:36 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things That Made You Genuinely Happy Today!

Saw Oppy on here or where?

I guess one thing that makes me happy is I got a legitimate email saying I won $4.00 in a case against classmates.com. A year ago I filled out my info on an email saying a guy was suing them and everyone who has been a member or received emails from classmates.com is entitled to a settlement.

Just $4 but thats still pretty cool.

What they do is they lie to you saying one of your former classmates is trying to contact you, they use the real names of these people, the guy that was suing them got an email saying this girl he liked in high school was trying to contact him but to see the messages you must sign up, so he did and there were no messages from this person. Glad he won the case, glad I got a few bucks out of it.
by Spokane
Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Yeah, pretty much. I feel more immersed in smaller, more intimate environments like Shenmue and Deus Ex than the likes of GTA and L.A. Noire. Although I still love GTA games, you're detached enough to justify going round on killing sprees when you're bored. If you were to permanently kill an NPC that you actually liked in an area where other NPCs know your character, chances are you'd actually come to regret it.

But yeah, there should be less emphasis on the size of areas. The efforts should be put into the little details. Takin a step backwards to take a leap forwards, as it were...
by MiTT3NZ
Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:38 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Sonic & All Stars Racing Transformed

^haha, that would be awesome, great concepts for Segata Sanshiro to be in the game.

I bought the game yesterday and have been playing it pretty much since I got back from work today.
This game is much much more fun than the original the only thing that disappoints and confuses me some of the exclusions and inclusions into the lineup, I mean obviously I couldn't wait to play a video game with Danica Patrick and they really did need to drop Alex Kidd, Opa Opa & the Bonanza Brothers.. :roll:
It really does bother me, I mean Alex Kidd has a speedboat, a helicopter & a motorbike in his very first game FFS which covers the flying, water and road sections :| ....oh well...

Nonetheless it is still a great game and hopefully they at least bring Alex Kidd back via DLC.
by SaM_4000
Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:12 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ryo model from Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing mod for GTA

Ok, here is it. The neck gave me a lot of work!
by Fenix
Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: **VOTE FOR RYO TO (possibly) APPEAR IN SASASRT**

I think the problem with us shenmue fans is that shenmue taught us honesty and fair play while the others are probably just multi voting :lol: damn Iwao and his life lessons
by south carmain
Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic