Search found 323 matches

Return

Re: What movie are you watching right now?

Wreck It Ralph.

If you're even the most casual fan in games, you need to see this movie. This is probably the most sophisticated, well-written story written for a kid's movie since...jesus, I don't know.

It's probably a little too cluttered with the plot points but its all brilliantly unwoven all the way to the end. So many different themes are happening at once and you grow to really love the characters (including the really annoying kid). The game cameo appearances are awesome (Sonic's got three) and they plug a few classic gaming things in there too.

Definitely a must see at full price, you won't regret it. I'm tempted to watch it again.
by Kenny
Sun Nov 04, 2012 7:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I consider Roger Rabbit to be perfect in every way and form, so i'm not sure if I wanna compare it to that. But its the closest thing we got. I'd be willing to say its the BEST videogame movie out there to date.
by Kenny
Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:56 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Shenmue I & II HD Listed in magazine

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ay5nTVljWZw

This could be nothing, but then again this always can be a hint. Either way any grain of Shenmue news is good news for me. Always fun to reignite speculation and discussion. What are your thoughts? Is it merely some magazine making their own predictions? Do they know something we don't know? Should I stop talking? Fire away.
by Yokosuka Martian
Sat Nov 03, 2012 11:47 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue I & II HD Listed in magazine

I tell you one thing, if Shenmue III is ever released, I damn well expect a shout-out to the 'Dojo during the credits or something. There's usually a 'Special Thanks' in gaming closing credits. Shenmue Dojo should be in there just for being the primary hub of Shenmue fandom for the past decade. It's been so long that we rarely even speak of Shenmue, and viciously shoot down any random noob who dares to do so.

You want to talk about Shenmue? Not on my fucking Shenmue fan-site, you don't!
by Martin
Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Random Thoughts! v2.0

are there no social aid plans in portugal? the gov should normally be able to give you a monthly pay to get you through hard times, something that covers rent and food

anyway I can send you a laptop that doesn't have a hard drive and a functioning but problematic psp (the screen has blue lines on them, this is repairable unfortunately I don't know how, they go away when you apply pressure to the borders of the screens, also the batterie doesn't work so to play it you need to always have it plugged in)

unfortunately I can't make any promises though as these are in London and I'm in the UAE but I lost my passport so I might have to go back to London soon, if I do then I will send you them though if the police have found my passport then sorry but I won't be going back anytime soon
by south carmain
Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:02 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things That Made You Laugh Today

This reminds me of a discussion I once had about how pointless a lot of Primary School can be. I once spent an entire school year doing literally no work, as I was too absorbed in City n the Dreamcast's impending release. Not to mention being a little cunt. Still, I can honestly say that I only did three things... Copied someone's homework, build an army tank toy using cardboard, mini light bulbs, buzzers, and other crafts material, and went on school trips.

To cut a long story short, I didn't learn anything that year, yet when the next year rolled round and I was asked to do shit I hadn't actually learnt, I did it with no problem whatsoever and was the top of my class for the remainder of the year.

And the moral of the story is... Well, there is no moral, I just reckon the way the board of education are fucking retarded.
by MiTT3NZ
Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:10 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

First time watching Team America. I made it an hour in. It's terrible
by Bluecast
Sat Nov 10, 2012 7:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Wow, you were quick!
:lol: yeah I don't really take time to think before replying to something

in fact pm me you address and I will ask my godfather to send you the laptop as it's at his, it's a HP with 2gb ram and maybe 1.6 processor or 1.8 can't remember, anyway it's enough to do most things including playing pre 2005 games and can run nulldc perfectly, I played through both shenmues on it with only a few slowdowns
by south carmain
Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:25 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

great then, it works perfectly fine when running from a HDD though so don't worry about that, let me know you address and I'll send it then
by south carmain
Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:58 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

we should do some kind of game of the year poll with accredited votes.. or game of the forever.. naturally shenmue will win but what will be second or third etc...

would be fun, call it the Shenmue Dojo canon
by Luvly KM
Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:43 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Since Dorian doesn't visit here anymore, I'll let him know on your update, Carlos :) Great to hear you're coping. Now use that laptop to set up a PayPal account!!

Yokosuka Martian wrote:The most ever members online was December 2nd 2010 totaling in at 888. What was the special occasion ?

Yeah, we hit the jackpot.
by Crimson Ryan
Tue Nov 13, 2012 4:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Last Game/System/Peripheral You Bought

AnimeGamer183 wrote:
Crimson Ryan wrote:
Yukupo wrote: Wait what did I miss?

Yakuza Dead Souls.

Dead Souls isnt part of the main series.

Still a Yakuza game though, and it's still nut-bustingly awesome. :nice!:
by OL
Fri Nov 09, 2012 1:22 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What Anime are you watching right now?

I just rewatched Vampire Hunter D.

I was convinced that it's not going to stand the test of time, but I only loved it more than ever. There was no better way to squeeze that novel material into a 80 minutes anime back then. A true classic in which I wouldn't change even one frame. I even like the ending music, though, so you can call me a drity fanboy. Just watch your neck...
by Dorian
Fri Oct 12, 2012 10:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

After a talk with Yama, i will be staying in my post, but some things will be changing. George will reveal more when things are a bit more ironed out. But finally after 21 and a half hours i can get some sleep, and end this day a lot happier than when i started. Oh and theres a ban on registrations so there will be no more bots until the security issues are fixed.

Night Dojo'ers :nice!:
by Peter
Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:34 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Never Forget About Shenmue

Hi Guys!

I've written an article about Shenmue at http://newbreview.com/?p=21991 that you guys and gals may be interested in.

I'm really interested in what you guys think as there'll obviously be some tough customers - I'd greatly appreciate any praise or criticism.

I realise that this post could be construed as 'plugging' but you have to admire my audacity at least, right?

Right? :-"
by IAmNotABot
Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:33 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Let's just say SIII is in development and....

more side stories, the only thing I find missing from shenmue is that it doesn't have enough substories to fill its huge bustling world, it's a great thing that you voiced every character and made hundreds of shops yu but it would be great if these served more than "sorry, I'm busy right now"
by south carmain
Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Keep the QTE's as they are. We don't need this game made easy or anything and I'm fed up with games going easy on gamers. Hell the only one i can think of that really punished you was the long ass planks section and who didn't save after each one anyways?
by Who Really Cares?
Sat Nov 17, 2012 8:13 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Yakuza series

I just started playing Yakuza 3 last night. Man I forgot how much I loved these games. I didn't have a PS3 for the longest time so I just had to sit after playing Yakuza 2 all those years ago. The game looks great too. It's cool to see Okinawa. (The fishing mini game could use some work though...)

HOPEFULLY I can convince yukio to play Y3 together simultaneously like me and him have done with so many other games in the past. 8) Better hurry up. :P
by Yukupo
Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ryo model from Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing mod for GTA

Any news, guys?

I have the game and no problem rippin it. Now I also started riggin characters for my SA. My 1st work has been, of course, our Mr. Ryo Hazuki. It's the same Wude made some time ago.

http://i45.tinypic.com/2hf5lsj.png

If you are interested just ask me here :D

I also made a "super pack" including:
- Ryo as the player.
- 2 vehicles; Motorcycle and Forklift. Got them in GTAgaming.
- His katana witch is from the Millenia model.

http://i49.tinypic.com/eb5wcz.png
by Fenix
Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

After a talk with Yama, i will be staying in my post, but some things will be changing. George will reveal more when things are a bit more ironed out. But finally after 21 and a half hours i can get some sleep, and end this day a lot happier than when i started. Oh and theres a ban on registrations so there will be no more bots until the security issues are fixed.

Night Dojo'ers :nice!:

Oh thank God! It would have been horrible to lose you.

I will likely regret typing this later, but this place is not just a silly pastime. I'd like to think that ten years of friendship, even if we're glorified penpals, is worth saving. I really like all of you a lot.

That is all.
by KiBa
Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:27 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

So excited i have to share

Ive posted my music here before and for the most part no one cares (i dont blame u cus....why would u?) so i try to refrain from posting my music here. but i recently hooked up with a rap group from Washington D.C. called Fatal Sinz and we did a song together. been lookin forward to meeting these guys for a while and we linked up and did the tracK! i do a little bit on the chorus but my verse is the third verse. comes in at the 2:30 mark. check it out if u get time. like i said so excited i have to share

O yeah i made the beat too!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rmXEGjh_O_c
by Perfect_Chaos
Sun Nov 18, 2012 1:36 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things That Made You Genuinely Happy Today!

Saw Oppy on here or where?

I guess one thing that makes me happy is I got a legitimate email saying I won $4.00 in a case against classmates.com. A year ago I filled out my info on an email saying a guy was suing them and everyone who has been a member or received emails from classmates.com is entitled to a settlement.

Just $4 but thats still pretty cool.

What they do is they lie to you saying one of your former classmates is trying to contact you, they use the real names of these people, the guy that was suing them got an email saying this girl he liked in high school was trying to contact him but to see the messages you must sign up, so he did and there were no messages from this person. Glad he won the case, glad I got a few bucks out of it.
by Spokane
Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Yeah, pretty much. I feel more immersed in smaller, more intimate environments like Shenmue and Deus Ex than the likes of GTA and L.A. Noire. Although I still love GTA games, you're detached enough to justify going round on killing sprees when you're bored. If you were to permanently kill an NPC that you actually liked in an area where other NPCs know your character, chances are you'd actually come to regret it.

But yeah, there should be less emphasis on the size of areas. The efforts should be put into the little details. Takin a step backwards to take a leap forwards, as it were...
by MiTT3NZ
Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:38 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Sonic & All Stars Racing Transformed

^haha, that would be awesome, great concepts for Segata Sanshiro to be in the game.

I bought the game yesterday and have been playing it pretty much since I got back from work today.
This game is much much more fun than the original the only thing that disappoints and confuses me some of the exclusions and inclusions into the lineup, I mean obviously I couldn't wait to play a video game with Danica Patrick and they really did need to drop Alex Kidd, Opa Opa & the Bonanza Brothers.. :roll:
It really does bother me, I mean Alex Kidd has a speedboat, a helicopter & a motorbike in his very first game FFS which covers the flying, water and road sections :| ....oh well...

Nonetheless it is still a great game and hopefully they at least bring Alex Kidd back via DLC.
by SaM_4000
Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:12 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ryo model from Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing mod for GTA

Ok, here is it. The neck gave me a lot of work!
by Fenix
Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: **VOTE FOR RYO TO (possibly) APPEAR IN SASASRT**

I think the problem with us shenmue fans is that shenmue taught us honesty and fair play while the others are probably just multi voting :lol: damn Iwao and his life lessons
by south carmain
Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

My serial killer script (THE ASSIGNMENT) is almost done. It's a short film, only 30 pages. Coming out pretty good so far but I need to do some serious dialogue polish. It doesn't feel as "natural" as I want it to in some parts.

I decided to tie this in to DEUX (its a prologue), make it my "gateway drug" to get people to read my feature length. Though to be honest, the protagonist in this one is more interesting than Revolver or Shogun. I enjoyed writing him so much I want to include this character in the DEUX sequel.
by Kenny
Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:12 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kgRUuNBfhjs[/youtube]
by south carmain
Tue Nov 20, 2012 5:39 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Well, just sitting here in an empty room, waiting for my landlord to show up to return my deposit. All my stuff is now down at my parents where i will be staying the next 2 nights before leaving on Thursday.

I am emotional guy, i mean i welled up at this weeks episode of Big Bang Theory ffs. But sitting here now, i am relaxed. Not emotional about leaving, or saying goodbye. I feel nothing. The same goes for the opposite side of the coin, in that i am not excited about going to a sun filled land, with beaches, women in bikinis, barbeques, a month of partying and no work. I feel like a dick for that. Christ, i must more issues than those people who sell big issues :lol:
by Peter
Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Wii U

Sounds like a pretty unenthralling launch, both hardware and game wise.

Bring me back to 9/9/99.
by Yama
Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Devil May Cry series

Wouldn't most Shenmue fans have made up their minds as well if this exact same game were being branded as the new Shenmue, and this new "Dante" were supposed to be Ryo?
I don't think it's all too unreasonable. The change is almost that extreme.

Looking at the game from a less-biased point of view, judging it by its merits, citing its positives and negatives like any level-headed gamer should... that's all well and good, and should absolutely be the goal of any review that comes out for the game. It can come out with 8's and 9's across the board if it deserves it. There's nothing wrong with that.
But there's also nothing wrong with fans of the old games not being happy with the changes that have been made.
Much in the way that the new Hitman might be downright excellent but has enough changes in place to understandably upset fans to a degree, so too could it be the case with this one.
by OL
Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

sounds like a good Idea, if you've got the cd printer already why don't you print peoples mixtapes and albums and shit already? I could give your card to a few people in London so if you do good prices you could earn enough to get the rest of your business running, and don't worry about benefits fraud, as long as it's cash in hand then you'll be fine
by south carmain
Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Yeah, the problem is that the core business goes hand in hand with the CD printer, and eventually a T-shirt printer. I'm gonna be doin a mobile studio thing where I take my recording equipment round to people's gaffs n record their shit on the cheap. My market research told me that I'd have to be able to distribute the material via digital download and disc in order to secure clients, and in other cases I'd also have to print custom t-shirts too, but that'd be during summer.

I'm gonna be doing PC/hard drive repairs and upgrades too, but there's just so many peeps doin it, it's an over-saturated market, so getting the business would be difficult. The music side of things appeals more to aspiring artists coz it's a hell of a lot cheaper than professional studios, and the clients tend to feel more comfortable in their own homes, and doesn't have some nob ed techie lookin down their noses at amateurs who don't really know what they're doin.

And I forgot to mention that I had to cancel on a few prospective clients because the JobCentre told be that I'd be committing benefit fraud. On the plus side though, I've got permission to advertise a The Manchester College campuses, and since City Col merged with MANCAT a few years back, there's a shitload of them. It's just frustrating as fuck atm, coz I've been approved at the worst possible time of the year, and I have to provide them with proof that I'm earning at least £400/month every four weeks in order to continue receiving these payments.

I feel like takin a dump, puttin it in a zip bag and posting it to em.
by MiTT3NZ
Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What "makes" Shenmue for you?

Personal opinion. Shenmue is the best immersive atmospheric open world ever made.
by Bluecast
Sat Nov 10, 2012 7:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

For me it's the way the games have roots in reality. The story takes place in real settings that start at a real time. It gives an amazing sense of freedom but doesn't go outside of the rules of the story. Unlike what other games have done, you wouldn't have Ryo pull someone from their car, punch them in the face, take their money then run them over with their own ride as they pick themselves up. Ryo wouldn't do it in his story and neither would you in real life.

That's why it connects and resonates with us because as we play, it puts us in Ryo's shoes and makes his story our story. The whole experience starts to feel like something real which allows you to invest yourself completely.

Take all that and wrap it in all the insanely high production value that's already been touched on here and what you have is a gaming experience that simply stands alone. it's more than a game. It's Shenmue.
by Mitsuzuki
Sun Nov 11, 2012 2:42 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Fucking yes. Restricting the player to what he or she could/would realistically do. Now that is a good answer.
by MiTT3NZ
Sun Nov 11, 2012 3:04 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Shenmue is a very personal game for me. Around the time the game came out, and I first started playing it, I was being bullied very badly at school, and home life really wasn't happy families, but Shenmue was always something that I could go back to to look after me and give me the warmth and comfort that I was otherwise not receiving from anywhere else. That, and even now, thirteen years later, Shenmue is able to do things that games haven't even come close to nowadays.

I'm not proud of very many things in my life, but I am proud to say that Shenmue changed my life and damn well made me who I am today.

xx
by ShenGCH
Sat Nov 17, 2012 7:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Today has finally arrived.

I have been talking about it, and planning it for a year, but today i leave Belfast and travel to Australia. To say i am nervous would be an understatement, but i will just keep powering through and try to enjoy the ride. I will be logging on as much as i can and keeping you updated, and i wont forget about here. :)
by Peter
Thu Nov 22, 2012 5:14 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Today has finally arrived.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Aq9FxFZMms[/youtube]
by Bluecast
Thu Nov 22, 2012 5:29 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Today has finally arrived.

Try not to lose your bag as soon as you get there!!
by Crimson Ryan
Thu Nov 22, 2012 7:03 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I know noone cares but I am catching on with Japanese now. My paid classes are starting to show, pretty simple stuff but so rewarding to be able to put a sentence together.

わたし は いま に しんかんせん で おさか の えき に いきます。

Reading though is a complete different ballgame to writing.
by lavrentis
Wed Nov 21, 2012 3:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic