Search found 29 matches

Return

Re: Realistic expectations for Shenmue 3, will it deliver?

I expect something that will blow everyone away and become something truly unique and innovative like Shenmue I and II. That's why Shenmue III should try to also add new features and other stuff that gaming has never before seen in order to give you that "wow" factor. Good thing is that's exactly what Yu Suzuki is aiming to do, judging by all the stuff he's said so far. My prediction? 10/10 absolute masterpiece.
by Shenmue_Legend
Fri Dec 29, 2017 6:33 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Realistic expectations for Shenmue 3, will it deliver?

Spud is right, in the end S3 wil have to deliver sales-wise. It will have to do well enough to convince Sega or a third party publisher (Deep Silver may be your best bet) to fund and publish the fourth game.

Fans' expectations are important, yes, but ultimately Yu needs to deliver a quality game which convinces a broader audience to buy. Just catering to what hardcore fans expect won't be enough.

As of now, it seems Yu has gotten all the funds he had envisioned for the project, with Deep Silver on board. He has hinted at Deep Silver funding the remaining stretch goals quite a few times already, like he did here:
http://metro.co.uk/2017/08/28/shenmue-iii-yu-suzuki-interview-dont-worry-i-can-make-the-whole-game-you-imagined-6885083/

With that said, I'm not really expecting that much. It won't be a groundbreaking "AAA" title like the first two games were but still, I hope we'll get a polished and refined product at the end. We can expect a very solid mid-budget game.
by Hyo Razuki
Fri Dec 29, 2017 7:03 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ryo animations tests in Unreal Engine 4.

http://i.imgur.com/v3vtF5d.png

http://i.imgur.com/86lHJcj.png

http://i.imgur.com/syr33OA.png

http://i.imgur.com/iZqzlyO.png

http://i.imgur.com/5RrDPh7.png

http://i.imgur.com/86lHJcj.png

http://i.imgur.com/cDkvRej.png

http://i.imgur.com/v72okKc.png
by Esppiral
Sat Aug 26, 2017 7:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Game Sack: Games DESPERATELY Need HD Remasters (Shenmue)

phpBB [video]
by Ziming
Sun Jan 21, 2018 9:43 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Update #79: MAGIC 2018 Participation Info

I don't understand why they didn't post the new three screenshots. Many people, even being Shenmue fans, are not aware about what the media say and they haven't seen the models' improvement.

they also have to bring the older logo back, and I think we have to keep telling them that the new logo is bad and unacceptable.

Why don't you tell them on the KS comments? Many people complain on the forums or Facebook, but just a few do it on the right place. If everyone who disagrees on changing the logo made a comment on the KS page, they would probably listen.
by gillian_seed
Fri Jan 19, 2018 10:49 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SHENMUE: YOKOSUKA BLUES - A Fan-Film

Hi again everyone,

Our Shenmue film SHENMUE: YOKOSUKA BLUES is now online!

Vimeo:
phpBB [video]

YouTube:
phpBB [video]

Behind-the-Scenes video:
phpBB [video]

Thanks again so much for watching!
by Your Boy Leroy
Thu Jan 25, 2018 1:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Lets Talk Shenmue HD

At this point, we have to wait for E3 or TGS. Other than that, we just have to keep demanding.
by RyoHazuki84
Sat Jan 27, 2018 12:36 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Trying to Obtain the Shenmue "Sacred Spot" Guide Map

Hi spud1897,

I am giving away a set of the Guide Maps through the Phantom River Stone twitter account that everyone is welcome to enter (closes 19 Feb 2018).

Enter here: https://twitter.com/phantom_river/statu ... 1619241984
by Switch
Thu Feb 01, 2018 11:05 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue III: Siege mini-game

I think those seiges will be in the past, not necessarily time travel, but maybe playable memories of Shenhua's ancestors. We did get a flashback from her that seemed in the distant past.
by Rikitatsu
Tue Feb 06, 2018 1:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: E3 2018: Can Shenmue III afford to miss this year?

Don't forget that Cedric has been playing the last build, that means there's mechanics beside background and npcs
by Hazuki00
Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:59 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Magic Monaco 2018 details and new Shenmue III screenshot

Just so we're clear and to avoid potential disappointment:

Is it confirmed we're actually seeing gameplay? Because "seeing the game in-motion" doesn't necessarily mean it will be gameplay. It could be footage of villagers walking around while the camera pans over the environments.

There's no official confirmation there will be gameplay but we can reasonably expect gameplay.
By that I mean more than just villagers walking around.
I expect they'll wait for a bigger venue to unveil gameplay, but I'm happy to be proven wrong.

They really need to show something substantial though, we're less than a year away from release, assuming it doesn't get delayed...
by Rikitatsu
Thu Feb 22, 2018 7:16 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Kingdom deliverance proves that shenmue 3 can be masterp

I always find it a tad hypocritical that the same games media outlets who criticise Shenmue III's graphics mid-development don't ever seem to seriously criticise the fact that final product KC:D looks like a PC game from 10 years ago.

Annoys me to no end how willing they are to just jump on bandwagons instead of actually providing genuine researched work.
by Jibby
Wed Mar 07, 2018 6:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Random Shenmue Thoughts

Not sure if this is worth getting our hopes up over, but according to this Eurogamer article, Bluepoint's next title will be a remake of a larger scope than Shadow of the Colossus.

Whatever it turns out to be, I'm sure it'll be great, but could it possibly be Shenmue? Surely not.

http://www.eurogamer.net/amp/digitalfoundry-2018-bluepoints-next-game-is-another-remake

My money is that it will be ICO
by shengoro86
Mon Mar 12, 2018 1:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: New Shenmue Dojo

Thank you so much Yama for the opportunity, support and kind words. Thank you as well to everyone for their messages.

I will be making a more detailed post over the weekend about, well, everything really, in terms of the site, structure, and future. Its no easy task, thats for sure, and i will need a lot of help and support from anyone willing to offer. But this site and all the great work done by Yama will be built upon, and bring this place in line with where it should be. This is a place for Shenmue fans first and foremost, and as we edge closer to Shenmue 3 (and hopefully HD releases!) i want this site to be ready.

We are a passionate community, and this once was a passionate site. Its my aim to get that Shenmue passion back, encourage positivity, and make The Shenmue Dojo a place where Shenmue fans can hang out and talk absolutely anything and everything about this great series. Keep an eye out for a more detailed post over the weekend in the News section, where i will cover specific aspects of the site, forums and branches of social media in a lot more detail.
by Peter
Fri Mar 16, 2018 3:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Ryo and Shenhua can't possibly retain their Shenmue 1/2 look

Face it, it's a fact that Ryo and Shenhua won't look exactly like what they did before, without literally copying it into the current engine it is not possible to replicate the models in it's entirety meaning there'll be inaccuracies in the final version.

So far as of this post I have to say they look pretty damn good and most of here can argue we would accept Ryo but Shenhua's clothing is out of touch, what made Yu Suzuki think that it had to be that way since it's obviously much a brighter yellow colour? Did she change her clothes? well it seems like inaccuracy to me but we have to welcome this change.

The fact that it's not final yet and we have yet to see what both Ryo and Shenhua look like in the end may make me seem like I'm talking out of my backside here but it will be different is all I'm saying. Most people are going to he disappointed with Ryo's face and his jacket colour so I just assure you know it won't be very much the in-game version of 1&2 we know and love. Personally to me I am okay because it's not like they aren't recognizable, it is important to at least retain the same sense of character and personality in the end anyway and Ryo being that serious guy he is, that will instantly make up for the different look he'll have. Shenhua needs slight tweaks especially her clothes but in the end I am thankful for what's been designed and mabye Ys Net will prove me wrong.

Mabye they can make the models almost exactly like 1&2 and in an updated form, thats the promise after all! but with Unreal Engine 4 I remain skeptical. I can't help but see all the upcoming awful bashing and comparisons of the final Shenmue 3 models to 1&2 by people and then claiming "1&2's models looked way better" what do you think?

**User was banned for the reasons laid out in THIS post.**
by saptape
Tue Mar 27, 2018 2:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ryo and Shenhua can't possibly retain their Shenmue 1/2

Welcome!
I think this is a good assertion. Shenmue III is going to look different to the previous games simply because it is a current gen game. Once people start realising and accepting that, I think they'll start being less taken aback every time a new character model screenshot is posted.
by Jibby
Tue Mar 27, 2018 2:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: PAYPAL SUPPORT FOR SHENMUE 3! PRE-ORDER FOR PS4/PC!

March 30, 2018 (+51 days)

$6,868,709 (+$14,790) ($290/day)

75,696 Backers (+180) (+$82/backer)

Just FYI, here are the average daily incomes in the last year...
April '17 : 362$
May : 454$
June : 376$
July : 339$
August : 429$
September : 642$
Oct/Nov : 320$
December : 312$
January '18 : 229$
Fev/March : 290$
Daily average over the year : 363$
by Belgiumfan
Fri Mar 30, 2018 8:36 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Fanboy Reliving Shenmue in Time For Shenmue 3

I've just started a series on my Youtube channel of probably my favourite game of all time.

No other game excites me as much at the thought of playing Shenmue. It's just such an epic, immersive world and story.

Please give this a watch, let me know what you think. I'd love to get the thoughts of a few of you Shenmue experts to let me know if there are any bits I miss.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bk5huWgpiiE

I figured this was the perfect time to start because I'm hoping that by the time I finish Shenmue 1 + 2 on my channel, the 3rd instalment will be due for release and then I can get stuck straight into it on release day :D

Can't wait!

I'd love to get the thoughts of a few of you Shenmue experts too to let me know if there are any bits I miss cos I'm sure there's lots!
by ScouseMouse
Tue Apr 03, 2018 4:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

New Youtube Channel is now LIVE!

http://1000logos.net/wp-content/uploads/2017/05/YouTube-logo-500x277.png

It wasnt planned to go live for a while, but with the announcement of Shenmue 1 & 2 HD, it seemed fitting to get it out there.

Its still a work in progress, with Shenmue videos and playlists being added daily, as well as sections to come. Whats important about this new Youtube channel is that every video that isnt created by us, will be owned by YOU! We wont be ripping and uploading your content. Its YOUR content. YOUR efforts, and YOUR attention a viewer should get to give their thanks and likes.

There will be verious sections fleshed out over the coming weeks, as well as Shenmue streams starting back up again very soon! But for now, head on over give us a like and subscribe, and stay tuned for lots more Shenmue content coming soon!

LINK - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjvnGvNdVyOcXkYanOfmRoQ?
by Peter
Fri Apr 13, 2018 11:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Shenmue Dojo recruitment - we need YU!

As Shenmue grows, we also grow, and as much as i love being hands on across all and everything Shenmue Dojo related, its just not possible due to the amount of outlets we have. Site, forums, Facebook, Twitter, Youtube, Twitch, Instagram.... Its a lot of work!
This site has always been a fan ran site, and as we are on the cusp of Shenmue 1 & 2 HD as well as Shenmue 3 being released, we need more dedicated fans to help make sure the site remains at the forefront of delivering fans the most up to date content and news across all of our platforms. Whilst i and others will be working on a new site, the forums will also be upgraded along the way and those are also well staffed. Twitter and Instagram is also pretty much covered by both myself and great help from Team Yu and Shenmue Forever, but there are key areas which we could greatly use help with!

http://www.shenmuedojo.net/new/images_index/FaceBook-icon.png
Facebook page updates
https://www.facebook.com/ShenmueDojo/

The facebook page has over 5000 members and despite the occasional adding of articles from various other community outlets from around the community, we need someone to help bring the page up to date, with posting, linking or sharing articles related to Shenmue. This can cover a wide variety of content, from news articles in the media, updated information from within the community, additions to our other outlets such as videos, images etc, and to actively encourage overall participation.

https://i.imgur.com/hCx6kcv.png
Youtube page
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjvnGvNdVyOcXkYanOfmRoQ?

The last Youtube page associated with the Dojo was not owned by us,no longer has any association with the site, and we wish the owner all the best. The building of a new page that is owned and representative of us is a daunting task, but still one that is needed.
The purpose of our own Youtube Channel will be different to the previous one, in that its primary function is to offer a collection of all the great video content and media offered up by fans of the series. From our own entire community's efforts of podcasts and news videos, to the wider fans creation of retrospective videos, lets plays, music remixes and modding efforts. We need someone who is willing and able to donate their time to help build this outlet. Creating various playlists of specific types of content, and sectioning them off. Staying up to date with Shenmue content added to Youtube and add them accordingly. It takes the individuals search efforts out of the question, and with a visit to our channel, will have all new daily/weekly Shenmue videos added, ready and waiting.

A key principle of this new channel is that all content that is NOT created by anyone from the Shenmue Dojo, stays that way. User videos may be added to playlists on our channel, but the video clicked and watched my the viewer will take them to the original creators video. This gives the original user the view, like, credit and recognition they deserve for their efforts. We will not be ripping any videos and "re-uploading" them, and posting a link to the original creators video. Whats a creators content, should stay a creators content.

http://www.shenmuedojo.net/new/images_index/Twitch-icon.png
Twitch Channel.
https://www.twitch.tv/shenmuedojo

The Twitch Channel begun just over a year ago and currently has over 1000 followers. Whilst in the past, we would have had one person streaming playing Shenmue related games in the past, i would love for the streamer pool to gorw, and have multiple themed shows throughout the week. Shenmue 1 playthroughs, Shenmue 2 playthroughs, Yu Suzuki games, Sega games, specia events etc. Its a fun experience for both the streamer and the viewer! Theres now no better time to think about streaming Shenmue with 1 & 2 HD on the horizon, and with also simulcast streaming on the Youtube Channel, its a great way to get Shenmue out nto the publics eye.

If i have to do it myself like i have done in the past then i will, but with limited time it will be very hard to nail down a set schedule. Anyone who would like to try then let us know! There are prerequisites that will come with the channel though, such as using the same uniformed overlay, a camera must be needed as well as a microphone. There are plenty of streams out there with people just playing the game fullscreen with no visual or speech, and thats not what i want this channel to be. There needs to be character, flair, and an appeal for a viewer to tune in and watch. Brutal Moose and Cyberbear are examples.

Thats about it for now, so if anyone is willing to join the team, please drop me a PM! But for security reasons we will need to make sure you have various credentials, ie. social media account for verification. The positions will not be granted before checks are done to ensure they are not someone who would do harm to the site, which we have had issues with in then past 15 years.
by Peter
Sat Apr 14, 2018 1:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue HD - Are the cutscenes in 4:3 (Non-Widescreen)?!

So far, seems like it, yes. At least according to the Gematsu gallery

People should stop shutting down any discussion about the criticisms observed so far with the "It's work in progress" retort.

No shit, it's work-in-progress, we know that...But If we don't voice our concerns now, then when do you suggest voicing it? A month from now? two months from now? Do you know when the game is supposed to be complete? No? Then please stop jumping down people's throats and let us point out the flaws that we can observe from the currently available material.

If by any chance the developer did not intend for those flaws to be "fixed", then at least we could spur them to do so. If they did intend to fix them from the start, then... No harm done? Seriously telling people who want to discuss and point out these flaws that "It's work-in-progress" accomplishes nothing but stifles the discussion. No one appointed you as d3t's spokesman.

Anyway, aside from the wide-screen stuff, there doesn't seem to be any shadows in all Shenmue 2 scenes, which is something that is reminiscent of the X360 version. I hope they fix that too, it made the X360 ver. looks too flat.

EDIT: To be clear, I didn't intend for this post to be a response to what ShenGC said above, it's a response to a general sentiment I've seen in multiple threads here and on other forums and social media since HD remasterd's announcement.

And as I've said, all viewpoints and opinions are welcome here. Negative ones included. Am I going to be happy with 4:3 cutscene ratios or lack of shadows or other graphical misgivings? No.
But what not going to happen, is this forum and this site will not become a hotbed of negativity towards the series it stands for. The tone and attitude of this site will not be what it became during its darkest days. If you are going to post negative opinions and criticisms, that's fine. But what I won't be having is members log in here to pick holes in every screen shot and video released and then leave. There will be positives, hell Shenmue HD and 3 existing are a positive in itself! So there's multiple aspects of the future if Shenmue that can be, and should be praised. Anyone thinking here is the place to go for a whinge and scarcastic comment collection will not be tolerated. Everyone who registers an account here does so with the general assumption that they harbour some sort of like it love for this series, so why anyone would want to join here just to bash it escapes me, and like I said won't be tolerated.

So for those of you who have highlighted the issues with what you have seen so far... What are you actually doing about it? If you are passionate enough to post here about current issues, why are you assuming talking about it here will get the job done? It won't. In this world of social media, why are you not taking to platforms where you can access the people you need to speak to? It's not hard to work out how.

As for shutting down or stifling anything, I haven't seen a single topic locked yet, so I don't know where you are getting that impression. People are posting their thoughts and opinions and just because someone has the total opposite opinion isn't shutting anything down at all. People who disagree with your "thoughts and opinions" are not D3T spokespeople so don't make the accusation again. You haven't mentioned a single positive about this entire event, from its price point to its multiple platform release and how it will potentially benefit sales of Shenmue 3, but you want to have a go at people "stifling" conversation. Yea, I don't think so.
by Peter
Tue Apr 17, 2018 7:03 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Is there any chance of our save files carrying over to S

i think they will start Shenmue 3 with some flashbacks and maybe some basic questions / choices
to kind of restore "your" storyline but you wont get your items back or anything like that.
thats my best guess right now.
by Tosh
Sun Apr 29, 2018 8:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Current sales ranking on various Amazon & other retail s

Currently ranking #14 on Amazon as of this morning, ahead of God of War and only a few Switch titles ahead, as well as the Switch itself.

I really think a Switch version would be in their best interest from a sales perspective, looking at the Switch performance. Even if it had to come later than the other versions, it would probably be a modest tick up in copies sold.

This could be a big indicator for how strong nostalgia really is, especially as an indicator for how well III could do in the market. We could very well see this collection surpass the sales of the original, taking into account all platforms available .
by Valascaziel
Tue May 01, 2018 7:26 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Topcashback giving £15 cashback at Game.co.uk

I may sound like I am asking a silly question but does this work on pre-orders. I know quidco don't do it on pre-orders.

Like a lot of cashback sites, it's down to GAME's discretion. If they want to be awkward they can, but you can always try to appeal it, but it can be a lengthy process.

My advice with any kind of cashback site is, if you can afford the item, and want the item, do it, and just consider the cashback a bonus rather than a guarantee.
by jasonorme666
Wed May 02, 2018 12:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue HD in magazines

Another article for you guys. This time in Retro Gamer -

Full Page:
by James Brown
Wed May 16, 2018 9:56 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The Shenmue Dojo - past, present and future.

In the interests of being clear and open, Spaghetti has stepped down as a global moderator, and seemingly left the Dojo and community. If I had more information I would give it to you, but I got sent a short message on Friday and haven't received any response to the PMs I've sent. Either way, i wish him all the best with whatever he does.

Also, we are still aiming for the 20th July for the new site, but there is now a chance this could be delayed. There are certain aspects which are still being developed, and new ideas put on the table which will be discussed tomorrow. If we are ready for the 20th then it will be tight, but I will keep you all informed as the week goes on.
by Peter
Sun Jul 08, 2018 4:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The "AI Battling" Stretch Goal

https://i.imgur.com/nik42aSm.jpg

The "AI Battling" stretch goal coming up at $7m was highlighted in the last Kickstarter Update. I don't think it's a topic that has come up very much to date, so I wrote a short post if anyone needs a reminder about what it is.

I also clarify in the post the following sentence about AI Battling, taken from the English version of the Kickstarter update:
R&D for this system is based on Yu Suzuki's concept for players who are not used to fighting games or for those who want a full immersion battle experience.
I was a bit puzzled about the intended meaning, so I translated it again from the Japanese version to get the finer nuances:
It's a feature for which basic research has been carried out since early on in the development, based on Yu Suzuki's wish for even players who aren't used to fighting games to experience a feeling of immersion in the battles
Link to blog post:
https://www.phantomriverstone.com/2018/07/the-ai-battling-stretch-goal-shenmue-iii.html
by Switch
Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:09 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

You are not authorised to read this forum.
by DigitalDuck
Mon Jul 23, 2018 9:19 pm

Jump to topic

You are not authorised to read this forum.
by PILMAN
Wed Jul 25, 2018 3:28 pm

Jump to topic