Search found more than 1150 matches

Return

Re: Gaming thoughts of the day

@Segata: Aksys will probably pick it up. They're really into those niche Japanese adventure games (Virtue's Last Reward, 999, Hakuouki, Jake Hunter). I agree with you Orange, that's the one I want the most too! But if all of those games come to fruition (via E3 announcements, I'd guess) then the 3DS will be absolutely amazing in 2013.

I just want a good reason to get a Vita now (only Gravity Rush and Soul Sacrifice catch my eye)...hopefully E3 will yield lots of announcements.
by Henry Spencer
Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I heard alittle about it, if I'm not mistaken theres a pc version that had lots of mods.

No, you're thinking of another game. This is Elminage:

http://img11.nnm.ru/5/7/b/9/6/7c80e95a6fd05c4d71258d93010.jpg

http://gbatemp.net/pix/259932/CheatersNeverWin..jpg

http://www.technologytell.com/gaming/files/2012/10/elminage-original-psp-e1349471251342.png

http://webguyunlimited.com/pixelperfectgaming/wp-content/gallery/elminage_original_screenshots/elminage_original_screenshot_03.jpg
by Henry Spencer
Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:33 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: X (New Monolith Soft Title)

Looks better than Versus XIII! :P
by Henry Spencer
Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Well, yeah, there's that too.

Shulk?

by Henry Spencer
Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Supposedly the director of Baten Kaitos is working on a 3DS title? It could be a spiritual successor to it? Maybe?

And why do you think it'll have multiplayer aspects?

Saw this on NeoGAF, found it funny:

MEANWHILE AT SQUARE JAPAN:

by Henry Spencer
Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

So GungHo (Ragnarok developer, also owner of developers Acquire [Tenchu series, Way of the Samurai series] & Game Arts [Grandia, Lunar, Dokuro, Gungriffon]) has just bought Grasshopper Manufacture.

GungHo Online Entertainment BRINGS ON SUDA51 Development Studio, Grasshopper Manufacture

Japanese Publisher Bolsters In-house Development Talent as Innovative Team Led by Legendary Game Designer, Goichi Suda, Joins Stellar Lineup Alongside Game Arts, Acquire, and GRAVITY

TOKYO, JAPAN (January 30, 2013) – GungHo Online Entertainment, Inc. (GOE) today announced it has acquired game development studio GRASSHOPPER MANUFACTURE INC., founded and led by legendary designer Goichi Suda (SUDA51). SUDA51 and his team join GOE and will continue to work as GRASSHOPPER MANUFACTURE, similar to the relationship GOE has with its other leading development studios including GRAVITY, Game Arts, and Acquire. Titles already in development at the studio before the acquisition will not be affected by the deal and will continue under their current publishing terms.

GungHo Online Entertainment is an established Japanese publisher of networked multiplatform titles including mobile, and is best noted for its wildly popular Ragnarok Online series as well as the blockbuster iOS/Android game, Puzzle & Dragons, which has seen over 7 million downloads. Since its formation, the company’s vision has been to work closely with its content partners to build, grow, and sustain interactive entertainment properties with a strong online component across PC, browser, mobile, console, and handheld platforms. Its lineup includes MMORPGs such as Ragnarok Online as well as a wide range of console and handheld games including Ragnarok DS, Ragnarok Odyssey and Dokuro. GRASSHOPPER becomes the fourth prominent studio to become part of GOE’s fold, joining Ragnarok developer GRAVITY, Lunar and Grandia creator Game Arts, and Tenchu developer Acquire. GOE titles are published and supported in North America by its US subsidiary, GungHo Online Entertainment America led by Jun Iwasaki.

“We believe the strength of a publisher lies in its creative talent so with the addition of GRASSHOPPER MANUFACTURE and SUDA51 we are adding some of the most innovative talent in today’s gaming world to our stellar family of independently-operated studios,” said Kazuki Morishita, President and CEO of GungHo Online Entertainment. “SUDA51 projects are known to put a unique spin on every game so coupled with our proven ability to support development with AAA resources including a tailored online experience, we believe gamers will benefit from this collaboration.”

Founded by SUDA51, GRASSHOPPER MANUFACTURE INC. is well known for creating imaginative titles such as killer7, the No More Heroes series and most recently, Lollipop Chainsaw. The developer has released nearly 30 titles internationally and in Japan and has a devoted following among gamers. Under SUDA51’s leadership, the studio aspires to create games that challenge the norms with a spark of inspiration akin to the rebellious and artistic spirit of punk rock music.

“By joining GungHo Online Entertainment, we are aligning ourselves with a strong, established publishing force that will support our vision to further create inspired new games that appeal players across the world,” said GRASSHOPPER Founder and Managing Director, Goichi Suda. “The GRASSHOPPER team and I have many new ideas to share with our fans as we move forward so this union with GOE will help us realize our future plans.”

More information on upcoming GRASSHOPPER projects will be revealed in the coming months.

http://gematsu.com/2013/01/grasshopper-manufacture-joins-gungho-group

I guess the one positive thing about this is that Suda might be given more freedom now, instead of being a businessman and worrying about finances and publishing deals as much. The reason I say this is because he might reconsider releasing The Silver Case now. Damn, I want that game so much.
by Henry Spencer
Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:04 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Guess the game 2.0

I know what game it is and didn't cheat, for what it's worth. Soul of Darkness; I played it when I first got my 3DS and it is a really good Castlevania style game.
by Henry Spencer
Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What TV Series Are You Watching

Basically it's Serial Killers: The TV Series. It's getting into Twin Peaks territory now though, very strange.
by Henry Spencer
Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:45 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Ryudo wrote: the most overrated game in history.

Hahahaha. Oh wait, you were serious? :rotflmao:
by Henry Spencer
Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:13 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

^Which is easily one of the best FPS games I have ever played. Then again, I do think he explained that it was because it (and FPS games in general) gave him motion sickness.

He also hates Nier. Tut tut, Ryudo, tut tut. [-X
by Henry Spencer
Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Nintendo will help Japanese third parties by bringing their titles overseas

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=510916

Somehow this image doesn't seem so far fetched now:

[-o<
by Henry Spencer
Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Guess the game 2 (LEAVE A GOOD HINT PER PIC)

Crusaders of Might and Magic

Hint: It's a CD-i game and also a PC game.
by Henry Spencer
Fri Feb 01, 2013 6:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Rising Zan. I love the game too, btw. I first played it back in my PSX days.

Hint: Cavia.
by Henry Spencer
Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What Game/Games Are You Currently Playing?

Yeah, Ashley is a bitch. ME2 has the best cast in the series though, imo. And the best locations too. Oh, and the best enemies. ME1 has ME2 beat with the antagonist though (Saren is the best villain in the series).

ME1 has the best Citadel, easily. ME1 has a problem with combat though, like the AI was pretty terrible in some of the side quests, where they're running around like idiots shouting out comments every two seconds. ME2 has the best side quests. Both games have great music. I also prefer the aesthetics in ME2. ME1 is vibrant and has that film grain look, ME2 is more...gloomy and dark but has lots of neon all over the place. Just depends which style you prefer, I guess. ME1 definitely has the better end game though. They're both really quite different from one another and I love both of them.

And ME3 has the best nothing. Okay, it has good multiplayer, but that's about it. Combat is good too, I suppose, but it feels less tactical than before. Seriously, I feel sorry for Wii U owners who only have access to 3. No idea why they didn't just port the whole series over to it. BioWare were lazy there.
by Henry Spencer
Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:47 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

On Chapter 13 on Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance (GC). Grrr, it's so hard and Astrid keeps getting one shotted. Was doing fine up until this point.

Also replaying REmake. I forgot just how scary the game can be (Crimson Heads, Lisa Trevor and Neptune) especially since I keep running out of ammo and running around like a headless chicken trying to avoid them.
by Henry Spencer
Sat Feb 02, 2013 8:29 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Metal Gear series

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/02/04/metal-gear-rising-gets-exclusive-vr-missions-on-ps3/

Metal Gear Rising Getting PS3 Exclusive VR Mission DLC

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8049/8444449697_001af9ed3a_z.jpg

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8084/8445538692_ff37b4c9ef_z.jpg
by Henry Spencer
Mon Feb 04, 2013 3:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Yu Suzuki At Monaco Anime Game Show On The 2nd/3rd Of Ma

Axm wrote: Wow sounds like a good prospect for some answers. We havent been updated in awhile.

Somehow, the cynic in me is really doubting that we're going to get another "I think SEGA will let me make it." :sad:

I'd love to be wrong though, of course.
by Henry Spencer
Mon Feb 04, 2013 5:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

It's okay by me, there's so many shows that never made it over here in the 90s, even though we still got a lot and still do to this day. I'm always up for more entertainment knowledge, even if it is useless trivia.
by Henry Spencer
Mon Feb 04, 2013 6:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ni No Kuni

Yeeeeah, got to admit, I really hate the art for the Tales of... series, pretty much why I steer clear of it. It was stuff like that which put me off JRPGs for so many years, tbh. That, and the fans are really noisy about how it has the best battle system ever and whatnot.

I do know that it has its fans on here though, so I'll shut up.
by Henry Spencer
Mon Feb 04, 2013 7:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Devil May Cry series

I'm not going to shit on a game I haven't played yet. I still plan to play it, actually. But it wasn't just the direction they took the series in that I didn't care for (much preferred the gothic horror vibe to whatever mish mash this was going for). I didn't like the the character of Dante from the trailers in the new one, he just looked like an asshole, there was simply...nothing that stood out to me that made me want to play the game, even watching all of the trailers and trying to look past all of the shit being flung at it. And if your main character isn't likeable after you've "revised" him (and hey, I know Devil May Cry isn't Shakespeare, but the original Dante was likeable) then you're going to have to do something interesting to reel me in. And it didn't do anything to grab me.

At least that's why I didn't buy it, not because I had a personal vendetta against it or anything, it was just an "eh" looking game overall.
by Henry Spencer
Mon Feb 04, 2013 7:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Devil May Cry series

Well then, they did a bad job at marketing the game to me. :lol:
by Henry Spencer
Mon Feb 04, 2013 7:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ni No Kuni

I personally really like hybrid battle systems the most, the more experimental, the better. In a way, I'm sort of glad this game is doing as well as it is, despite how crazy the hype is behind it, the more that games like this and Xenoblade do well, the more these type of JRPGs with interesting hybrid battle systems will be made.
by Henry Spencer
Mon Feb 04, 2013 7:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Team Yu needs you!

I tweeted a couple of times, myself too, glad to hear it went well.
by Henry Spencer
Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: New Ghost in the Shell anime

I'm just saying, if you want somebody who knows futuristic sci-fi working on the project, then there's very few writers in Japan who know cyberpunk as well as him (he's written various cyberpunk novels). Just a bit of trivia for you, the game Chaos Legion is based on one of his novels.
by Henry Spencer
Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Vita owners

From my perspective, there's only three or four games that I care about on it. I got Gravity Rush and Uncharted Vita both free from my PS+ subscription (not bought a Vita yet though). Only other games that I want are Falcom stuff, Phantasy Star Online 2 and Soul Sacrifice and maybe Persona 4, undecided if I should just get the PS2 version over it, or not. Vita is a bit of a porting machine.

I'd like to see more strategy and adventure games for Vita, there's plenty of action games out on it, just not enough strategy and adventure stuff. And I'd like to buy it, but it's just the cost of the system itself, the games and the memory card, which are all expensive. At least Nintendo pack in a memory card with the 3DS...
by Henry Spencer
Wed Feb 06, 2013 2:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

SEGA profits are up again.

Sega Q3 Results: 3 billion yen profit, Sonic 930K, FM 730K, Yakuza 5 580k

http://www.abload.de/img/segaq311suum.png

http://www.abload.de/img/segaq32mfukj.png

http://www.segasammy.co.jp/english/pdf/release/1303_3q_pre_eigo_final_130206.pdf

I definitely think Yakuza 5 has a good chance of localization from good news like that!
by Henry Spencer
Wed Feb 06, 2013 1:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Toukiden (Vita/PSP) - Hack and Slash game

New game from developer Omega Force (Trinity: Souls of Zil'Oll, Dynasty Warriors, Operation Winback)

http://www.gamecity.ne.jp/toukiden/ss/out01.jpg

http://www.gamecity.ne.jp/toukiden/ss/out02.jpg

http://www.gamecity.ne.jp/toukiden/ss/out03.jpg

http://www.gamecity.ne.jp/toukiden/ss/out04.jpg

http://www.gamecity.ne.jp/toukiden/ss/out05.jpg

http://www.gamecity.ne.jp/toukiden/ss/out06.jpg

http://www.gamecity.ne.jp/toukiden/ss/out07.jpg

Thought some of you might like the look of it. Demon slaying on the Vita.
by Henry Spencer
Thu Feb 07, 2013 3:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Last Game/System/Peripheral You Bought

^I agree there. I don't play Marvel vs Capcom and expect an answer as to why Wolverine is fighting Captain Commando, it's just a neat crossover. Dissidia 2 it is, then. I look forward to playing as Gabranth and knocking the stupid smirk off Tidus's face.
by Henry Spencer
Thu Feb 07, 2013 2:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Last Game/System/Peripheral You Bought

FF Tactics War of The Lions (Never Played but played the GBA and DS game)

:|

Maaaaan, if you could play the two spin offs, then you are in for a right treat with the original Tactics, which is on a whole different plane of existence. One of my favourite games. The story and tactical gameplay is just...unparalleled. I put in around 70 hours in my first playthrough and 50 in my second and I could play that game all year round, such an addictive game. Masterpiece.

I'd cautiously say that it's my favourite storyline in a game ever next to a couple of others. I'm hyping the game up too much, sorry...but really, it's good. Really good. Best game ever, good. Play it.
by Henry Spencer
Wed Feb 06, 2013 5:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

"Boring but addictive" is how I like to describe Oblivion. Almost as if it puts you under mind control telling you that you're having fun, but deep down you know it's not true.

Oh man. I feel exactly like that about Fallout 3. Bethesda games, man.

Started RE6 with a friend, did the first two campaigns with Leon before calling it a night. It's quite fun as co-op and the game itself isn't nearly as bad as I'd been expecting.
Make sure to change your targeting to laser sight. For some reason its not by default. Then its more like 4 and 5 were in that regard.

Ah man, you have no idea how long I was trying to get used to the default controls in that awful game before flipping through the options to change them. (I think I was two chapters into Leon's campaign and three chapters into Chris's, roughly). I like to think I'm pretty adaptable with changes, but I just remember the controls in that game being terrible. Absolutely. Terrible.

And no matter how much I try to, I just cannot like RE6. Same with Max Payne 3. This gen has really been full of the most disappointing sequels for me on home consoles.
by Henry Spencer
Sat Feb 09, 2013 8:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Review The Last Game You Beat

Can't be bothered writing such a detailed write up (with proper grammar) but here's something right here for a couple of games I just beat the last couple of weeks:

I predict Ryudo will hate me for this review, but here goes:

The Last Story. (Wii)

http://i.imgur.com/TKFhICh.jpg

Pros:
Great aesthetics. Really appealing to me, I love this style of Medieval Fantasy. It would fit right in with an Ivalice game, at least in terms of environments and dungeons. The game has a sort of baroque styling to it. The game is both very bright and dark at the same time, which sort of ties in to the mood of the game as well. Some of the character designs are good and some are just okay, not Fujisaka's best work by any means (I much preferred the style he employed in dark fantasy games, especially for the original concepts of the game) but still good.

The combat system is fun. I enjoy the RTS elements in there a lot. It's ncie to have an Action RPG that doesn't just phone it in with its design either, there's plenty of dungeons and they are all well varied in their design and theme.

The story has a great ending.

Jirall. Best character in the game.

Indifferent about:
The music is alright. Uematsu really changed his musical style here to fit in with the "modern" musical stylings, but eh, he really got lazy and asked the interns to do a lot of the composition (at least, going by the notes in the soundtrack, he only contributed a few tracks himself!) In fact, some of the music sounds like stuff straight out of Metal Gear (I also found that one of the composers did work on MGS4's OST) which just...doesn't fit in with the Medieval Fantasy setting here, at all. Just doesn't mesh well at all. That and the fact that there is only one battle theme throughout the game means you will have to get used to the same music over and over again. Having said that, I actually liked listening to some of it, it's just a shame there was pretty much no variation and it got old fast.

I liked some of the characters, hated some of the others (who were very irritating). Yurick and Syrenne especially, all the former does is mope and stay quiet and the latter just moans throughout the game with her over done "Northern" accent.

I sort of liked the storyline , but some of it was just...so cliche and been done better before. To break it down, I liked the Gurak's storyline and history, but we spent so little time with that until right near the end of the game, the vast majority of the game's story is spent running around one castle and one bar, getting to know the Count and the man character's fellow Mercenaries, which I found rather boring. I did not take to the Mercenaries

Cons:
Fighting the same enemies over and over again. Yeah, fighting that Giant Turtle enemy like five times each time employing the same (annoying) tactic to beat it each time over and over again gets old quick. So does fighting the Gurak so many times over. The game would have really benefited from better enemy variety. I guess there's also the pirates, but they're so rare.

The voice acting. It sucks. That's all I have to say about that.

Whilst I said before that the combat is good for an Action RPG with RTS elements, it does get a few scrapes along the path for its clunkiness. For example, I am fighting some enemies just get knocked back into a corner, as soon as he eventually gets up (which can takes ages), my character suddenly runs up the wall to perform an attack I didn't mean to. A more pressing example is when there is so many party members on one map at once that we all get in each other's way when we try to attack specific powerful enemies who are stunned and ready to receive massive damage.

MASSIVE SPOILERS:

Dagran's sudden descent into madness felt really rushed to me. I much preferred it when the Gurak, were a sympathetic villain and much preferred Zangurak as the main villain. Dagran suddenly appearing out of nowhere wanting to kill everybody was just wrong to me. He and Zael had this inseparable bond, they were practically brothers, but to turn him into a Delita clone was terrible. Since he was my favourite of the Mercenaries by far, I felt really annoyed by this. Also was not a fan of the constant cheesy romance in the game, it didn't help that the voice acting sucked, but really Zael and Calista couldn't have sounded more bored by the whole thing.

I felt that when things went batshit insane near the end, what with Jirall, Zangurak AND Dagran all fighting Zael and crew near the end, felt a bit like they could have placed those boss battles a bit further apart.

And even though Zangurak hinted at returning, I think it's a done deal, he's dead, unless they make a sequel, I guess, but I felt it was all self contained pretty nicely. Jirall is dead. Zangurak is dead. Dagran is dead. It's over.

Having said that, the amount of craziness going on near the end was incredibly satisfying and a certifiably big pay off.

Overall:

Sakaguchi's third new IP Role Playing Game and the first game he has directed since Final Fantasy V is a nice sort of return to form, but it has a lot of flaws to it, which are very hard for me to ignore. It just depends how much you get into it and have the patience for a flawed and clunky, yet very enjoyable combat system. The next game that Sakaguchi makes, I would imagine could have a more smoothed out overall experience. It sort of reminds me of a janky European RPG in some respects, you're either going to like it for where it experiments, or you are not and are going to get a bit peeved off with it. Unfortunately, I ended up feeling a bit indifferent to the whole thing, sort of liking it and sort of pissed off with the whole thing (the combat, that is).

The last three or four hours of the game sort of make up for the very slow slog middle part of the game, since it all gets just so damned crazy. Like, totally insane. And it all ends rather nicely in a self contained storyline.

I will be there to play Mistwalker's next game anyway.

Devil May Cry 2

http://i.imgur.com/QJT4wJH.jpg

Pros:

Errr...art style? It's really good, well, Dante is anyway, the enemies are a bit lacking. They all seem to be animals you kill in this game...

And the random old lady at the start of the game, for making me laugh (that voice acting and character design...)

Cons:

Everything. The combat sucks (guns>swords in this game, it seems and it takes forever to kill enemies, plus the same four hit combo throughout the game, no variety), the same three or four enemies throughout the game, you even fight the same bosses multiple times and boy, does it get drawn out. the music forgettable, the art design okay-ish, the bosses infuriating, the design of the game lazy and haphazard (feels really rushed). In fact, the whole game just feels rushed, straight up. It's an insult, really.

Overall:

The first and (hopefully) only bad Capcom game on the PS2 that I have played.

REmake , which I beat again this time playing Jill's scenario:

http://i.imgur.com/bLwAWxZ.jpg

Pros:

Best horror game on GameCube. (Not played Zero yet).
Crimson Heads. Next to the Lickers, Regenerators and the Hunters as my favourite regular enemies in the series.
The Trevor family. One of the best new additions of the game is the really disturbing story of the Trevor family.
The music.
The design of the mansion.
The weapons have such a powerful force to them - when you shoot a zombie in the head with a magnum, you really get that feedback from the game.
Barry Burton.
Albert Wesker.
Best cast in the series? Almost. Think I prefer 2's, but 1 has a really great cast of characters.
The great bosses. Neptune, Lisa Trevor, Plant 42, Yawn, Black Tiger, the Tyrant. Great, one and all.

Cons:
Erm...getting lost? That's the only flaw I can think of, I got lost a couple of times, sometimes it' a bit hard to figure out what to do next.

Overall:

Masterpiece.
by Henry Spencer
Sun Feb 10, 2013 10:18 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Random Thoughts! v2.0

Ryudo wrote: JUst found out US ripped off The X Factor with a show called The X Factor USA. Why would anyone want to take from a really terrible show? :lol:

Fixed.
by Henry Spencer
Sun Feb 10, 2013 12:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Control video games with your penis!

Let's Get Sweaty wrote: I guess it's too late to add "stroke of genius" to my post. I finished prematurely. :sad:

:lol:
Sod KiBa, you're the funniest member on here.
by Henry Spencer
Sun Feb 10, 2013 6:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Control video games with your penis!

The fact that his username is "Let's Get Sweaty" just makes the post even funnier. :lol:
by Henry Spencer
Sun Feb 10, 2013 6:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

^Don't worry the ending will make it worthwhile. :lol:

I'm playing Shin Megami Tensei 1 (SNES, English) via emulator and it's soooo good. I'm getting all nostalgic playing it and it's my first time...sorta reminds me of Snatcher in that way. It has all the familiar stuff in it; crazy demons who want to bash your heads in, devils with an appetite for the MC's family and friends , really weird NPCs, the difficulty, immersive setting, really good (but loosely told) storyline, great music etc - so basically all of the things I love about this series.
by Henry Spencer
Tue Feb 12, 2013 2:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Well, if it's any consolation to you, it isn't actually as hard as SMT3 - so far, that is. And I seem to be breezing through it pretty well, it doesn't get boring or laborious or anything like that. Which, let's face it, is really quite an accomplishment for a dungeon crawler. It's quickly becoming a favourite of mine anyhow and I only played it for a three hour session last night and another hour or so session today.

Gonna dive back in tonight. When I finish it, I'll no doubt report on my opinions, I'll also factor in my playtime, just so people like yourself can see if you want to just emulate it and play it that way?
by Henry Spencer
Tue Feb 12, 2013 2:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Xbox 3 & PS4 Talk

No interest in next gen, at all. The only way I'll be interested in the PS4 and next Xbox is if they showed off a new Ivalice game or Vagrant Story 2, Shenmue 3, Drakengard 3, Resident Evil 2 Remake, Forbidden Siren 3, Front Mission HD Collection, Breakdown 2, Legacy of Kain, Parasite Eve 3, God Hand 2, new Shin Megami Tensei (that isn't Persona) and Growlanser VII. And they won't, you know why? 'Cos none of my favourite games and series get sequels aside from on handhelds, henceforth my last of interest in consoles anymore. So meh to all this speculation. The usual suspects will be there at E3; Uncharted 4, Killzone, Halo, Call of Duty, Medal of Honor, Final Fantasy XIII-4; a big bore all around. I'll just go back to my 3DS and PS2 now and shut up.[/whineover]
by Henry Spencer
Thu Feb 14, 2013 3:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Zanac x Zanac? (Compile's games are known to me)
by Henry Spencer
Thu Feb 14, 2013 7:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Persona/Shin Megami Tensei series

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zs4kbYs9s4c[/youtube]

That music! This was actually Shoji Meguro's first composition gig, I think.

PLEASE COME TO EUROPE, I WANT THIS GAME SO BAD!
by Henry Spencer
Thu Feb 14, 2013 7:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

^One of my favourite developers. Sin & Punishment 2.

Hint: It has great art.
by Henry Spencer
Thu Feb 07, 2013 3:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Agreed with Mue. How did all of you feel the first time you beat Metroid? Did you all feel emasculated suddenly by the reveal in the ending? Did it somehow invalidate the personal journey you just had between you and one little bounty hunter against a planet full of vile monstrosities trying to cheerfully and gleefully dismember and chomp your face?

Never beat a Metroid game in my life. But you know, I never really thought of it as a bad or good point what my main character is; female or no, but I feel that a game's character can only be as good as he or she is written. I wouldn't care really if and when they decide to start diversifying the colour palette of the main character or not, since to me, it's just that, a colour, people shouldn't be so anal about it. Or whether the main character has a dick, or not. I couldn't really care any less either way.

But heck, if you're going to diversify things, give me a gay midget or a disabled yellow alien. Spice it up a little bit, developers. ;-)
by Henry Spencer
Sat Feb 16, 2013 7:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Resident Evil 1.5 is out. IT'S OUT! OH MY GOOOOOOOD! :shocked!:
Can't post it because it's, y'know, against the terms on here and well, illegal. But it's out, it's really out there!
by Henry Spencer
Sun Feb 17, 2013 7:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic