Search found 811 matches

Return

Re: Dojo Forum Update: Moderation Team

Hope Henry's brother doesn't find out his password again..
by Crimson Ryan
Thu Aug 16, 2012 2:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The Shenmue Dojo - 10th Anniversary Video & Members Gall

It looks like you sparkle in the sunlight.
by Kenny
Thu Aug 16, 2012 10:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Goodbye everyone

I would have posted earlier but I've only just got back from Barcelona and felt the situation warranted a bit more of a detailed post than a few sentences I construct with my iPhone while taking a shit. I'm gonna take this opportunity to iron out a few misnomers regarding a few things before I get the inevitable bans, my original account is still banned so I guess I'm one of the select few!

Ryudo:

There were a number of occasions when I would be in the chat room with him and Oppy and he would encourage me to troll certain members of the forum that he didn't like. I remember Master Kyodai being one in particular. So his whole stance on me being a troll is entirely hypocritical, as he only took action against me being a cunt to anyone when he was the recipient of a scathing post.

I'm not going to lie and say that I didn't type any of that vitriol in my post that had me banned. I did, and I know it was a tad out of order. I didn't say he was lazy or that he should get a job, I was suggesting that if he really didn't have much time left before he shuffled off this mortal coil then he may want to consider doing something a bit more worthwhile with the limited time he had remaining, rather than spend it playing Xenogears and making videos about unboxing limited edition JRPGs. I know I could have worded it a bit better but he did delete a paragraph from underneath the remaining post which went along the lines of:

"Adam, I know I'm being harsh mate but we only want what is best for you. If you don't have much time left on this earth then surely it would be better spent going out and actually doing stuff rather than wasting it on forums or playing games?"

Now don't take that as exact verbatim, but it was essentially what I was getting at. Most people see me as being puerile, vulgar and immature, but I'm only fucking about. However some of my posts from years gone by which I have occasionally read-over again due to a necro-bump make me cringe . From my last period under my original handle (this one is an alternate account) - Jan to Oct 2011 - I didn't post that much offensive stuff in comparison to previous periods. Ryudo understood this until he took personal offence to something that I posted which I don't think was particularly ban-worthy. He was perfectly ok to see others be on the receiving end but when the shoe is on the other foot then he does not hesitate to take swift action.

I don't hate the guy, but he does have issues and a habit of lying about situations to cover his tracks. I don't think anyone is fooled about Coby not being Ryudo, but hey, why doesn't a mod do an IP trace and see if it matches what Ryudo was posting from?

Sonniku:

We never got on because you got really pissy over me modifying your Sonic sig that you had at the time to show him sucking a cock with cum dribbling off his chin. Immature? Yes, but it was in Junk and I didn't think you would get into such a strop about it. Ever since then we never saw eye-to-eye. I'm happy to call bygones as the whole thing is six-to-one and half-a-dozen to the other. It was 8 years ago FFS!

Peter (re what you posted in another topic):

I'm sad that you think I'm the kinda guy that would get you into trouble tbh mate. My internet persona does not truly reflect who I am IRL. Yes I do like to take the piss, also unafraid to speak my mind and am steadfast in my beliefs, but I can also take on board critique and recognise when I am wrong. I'm a lover, not a fighter, baby.
by QWERTY
Fri Aug 17, 2012 2:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Have most of the forum members dissappeared?

Been a while since i posted here but Sailors? got in touch a few weeks ago suggesting i revisit the dojo. Truth is i didn't disappear or forget about this place and i still visit regularly despite rarely posting and the main reason for this is until recently i haven't had a functioning computer/laptop, i did try to post on my iphone but it was a great and unsucessful struggle so i chose not to bother.

I was a little reluctant to make this post as i'm not one who likes the spotlight, never chose to make a topic announcing me leaving or returning here or got into situations where politics could be involved it's just not really my style. But for anyone who is interested enough to know what HL has been up to in recent times then i'll gladly get you up to speed.

This summer i graduated from university, i'm now looking for a career based job but with my current job i've just been offered a promotion which entails a few more hours but a nice little pay rise as well. I've met a lovely girl who i've now been with for 8 and a half months, she has no interest in video games but i will force her to indulge in any new Shenmue title if it were to see the light of day. Finally i've got back into playing 5-a-side football (soccer) and won the league with my team last season and are sitting 2nd in this current season.

I may start to post here a little more frequently again, no doubt if some Shenmue related news comes to surface then it'll be a catalyst for discussion.
by Hazuki Legend
Thu Aug 16, 2012 8:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Not bad man, not bad. :D You? Still planning on moving to Australia?

Like Shozo said a few posts back, I'd self-exiled myself, 'cos of...well, for the same reason/s as a lot of the other elders who have come back recently. I got a nice PM from Henry, so checked this place out, and the contrast and progressive, upbeat feel of here, now, compared to how it was when I left, was nice, and a bit tinged with nostalgia. Think I'll post fairly regularly. :D
by St. Elmo's Fire
Sat Aug 18, 2012 6:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: You crazy sexy SOBS What is on your minds!

Well I got engaged a few days ago. So that's a thing.
by OL
Thu Aug 23, 2012 1:37 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

So I sniffed this place out for a while and realised that things have changed.

There's less negativity than before. Less bitching, it seems. Think i'll stick around for a while.

I'm sure you've all missed me, fellas.
by Clint
Thu Aug 23, 2012 6:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Batman 3

^That's what pisses me off. So many people involved in the film were quoted saying it was a 'realistic' take on Batman. That's bullshit. It's hyper-realistic. A realistic Batman film would be interesting, but they just need to drop this whole angle of Batman being realistic. He isn't. Let the fantasy flow and there will be no shackles. Explain shit logically where you can, sure, but don't patronise us for fuck sake.
by MiTT3NZ
Fri Aug 24, 2012 7:55 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things That Made You Laugh Today

Getting the 'Ryudo has left, and as a result lots of old members are returning' email! XD
by Martin
Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:40 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Games/Systems/Peripherals you recently bought

Been a little while since I posted in this topic, so I'll try to remember everything I've gotten since then...

http://oi47.tinypic.com/28l9np2.jpg http://oi47.tinypic.com/1zdxbp0.jpg
http://oi50.tinypic.com/291kzl1.jpg

Fatal Shadows was just a re-buy. Not sure why exactly. Guess I just saw a copy of one of my favorite PS2 games for 5 bucks and couldn't leave it behind.

And this one, I tried to pre-order from Amazon, but they didn't have the option available...
So I had to do Gamestop's site instead. Didn't want to miss this limited edition. One of the few times we're basically getting everything included in the Japanese LE, with nothing left out. Perfect for my SMT collection.

http://oi45.tinypic.com/2upqz4i.jpg
by OL
Tue Aug 28, 2012 12:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: I win I lose I win you win. I'm not Dave Chappelle

I'm happy for you gettin your disability benefits. Truly, I am. Just make sure it goes on real shit and not ultimate collectors editions of games. And I'd much rather you save that money you plan on spending on any of us and spend it on your mam instead.
by MiTT3NZ
Wed Aug 29, 2012 2:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re:

Bluecast wrote:I boycott the whole idea of saying "I'm leaving" I'm back"

Just freaking go and shut up and when ready come back and post as normal.

Otherwise it's lame. IMO

Fucking lol
by QWERTY
Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:58 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Arguments

Of course, its easy to come in and judge people from afar or after the dust clears. Without participting at all. You didn't have a chance to read the stuff that got deleted and the periods where he threatned self-harm (and supposedly did it) plus we were lenient for so long based on past reputation.

If we were as critical then and something rash would've happened, you would've changed your tune and said "well now, look what you harsh people did to the guy". So in hindsight, it would've been better to say something. But that's because of that, hindsight. Learning all we do now, it was inevitable. Plus for the most part we didn't care and let things slide before we just got tired of it.
by Kenny
Thu Aug 30, 2012 9:44 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AVATARS AND SIGS

No offense guys but all of this is getting slightly pathetic. I guess things haven't really cooled down that much... As I said in another topic. It's like some bitterness hanging around which wasn't there before.

Everything/everyone has cooled down except for one person. The drama and rows that plagued these boards for so long had ceased, except for one person (who ironically said that they left because of all the drama. Coincidence?? I think not!). Either way, this place as a community will survive, and we will do our utmost to make sure that's so. The community is bigger than 1 Shenmue fan, or 1 person. So if this person has no place within the community, then we will ensure that they are not welcome here to take part.

One last thing, well done to Henry for handling this tonight. The word "Thanks" doesn't get used often enough on these boards, except outside of a button. But he handled tonight extremely well, with the skills he was selected to be a moderator. Hats off dude =D>
by Peter
Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Favorite Gaming Characters, Designs, and Artwork

Nemeroth from Warhammer 40K: Space Marine.
The armor design is just insane. And when he shows up, it gives the game this really sudden "hellish" vibe that it just didn't have before (being a far-future science fiction actioner and all). Just a very effective character design.

http://oi45.tinypic.com/2dtp1t5.jpg
http://oi49.tinypic.com/34hub8g.jpg
by OL
Sat Sep 01, 2012 12:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that pissed you off

I tell you what pisses me off, that horrible sense of dread you get on a Sunday evening when you know you have to be up and in work on Monday. :-({|=
by QWERTY
Sun Sep 02, 2012 5:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What Game/Games Are You Currently Playing?

Just beat Warhammer 40K: Space Marine, and I'm actually kind of floored by how good it turned out to be.
Like I said before, I expected it to be little more than a sort of "B-grade" shooter.Never heard any hype for it whatsoever. I played the demo before and liked it well enough, but still wasn't convinced that it would leave any kind of impression.
The game is actually very much a hybrid shooter/beat-em-up, a bit like Dead to Rights: Retribution in a way. But rather than being a cover shooter, this one is strictly run-n-gun. And instead of the melee combat feeling like something along the lines of Godhand, it's much closer to something like Dynasty Warriors, pitting you against large hordes of enemies all at once. And it all flows together seemlessly, just about as smoothly as a hybrid of this kind could ever feel.
One thing I love about the melee combat is the process of performing executions on enemies to regain health. Your character is very vulnerable much of the time, and his health chips away pretty quickly, so when you're surrounded by enemies and hacking away at them, it's important to occasionally stun an enemy so you can perform an execution and regain your life bar. It's great because rather than simple tearing through your opponents without a care in the world (as in most Koei slashers), your character is almost constantly near death, which necessitates a bit more strategy in timing your moves and executions together. It keeps the action intense, and keeps the adrenaline flowing.
Otherwise the story is competent enough, the graphics look great considering this obviously isn't a triple-A sort of title, and it plays with virtually no glitches or hiccups at all (not that I could find at least). There's the very occasional bit of variety when they game goes rail shooter, or when it equips you with a jetpack, and it's actually a bit longer than I was expecting (not sure of the actual timeframe, but I was expecting the game to end around the third act, but it continued for two more after that; a pleasant surprise).
It's a surprisingly rock-solid game all around. I usually expect western-made games to have bugs-aplenty, even if only from a graphical standpoint, but everything about this one is really technically sound. The artistic design is great as well, and the gameplay is unique enough that the game can't really be properly lumped in with every other shooter out there.
An easy recommendation. :nice!:
by OL
Sun Sep 02, 2012 5:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Deletion/Moving of the Junk forum

^That is an absolute classic scene.

But yeah, AG, you're just actin like a tit and not thinkin about this. What exactly is it about the Junk forum that you need? What is it about the Sony, Microsoft, etc. forums that you need? The majority of games out there are multi-platform now, and anything that isn't can have the topic edited to have [PS3] written at the beginning if it's exclusive to that console.

And Sonikku, you're blowin this way out of proportion. There's a massive difference between a forum community and the structural layout of said forum. The forum layout will never define the community, it's the people that will, and to suggest otherwise is pure bollocks.

However, at the same time, I must sympathise. At age 14 I had to wave goodbye to Maine Road, home of Manchester City, when we moved to the City of Manchester Stadium (now the Etihad Stadium) in 2003. I felt like the heart of our club had died, along with our former ground, and when we moved into the new one... it was dead. No atmosphere at all. I actually got into a lot of arguments and fights with out own supporters over the lack of noise they were making. I was even told to SIT DOWN. At a fucking FOOTBALL match. Happened countless times. We've come a long way since though, and it now feels like home. You just need to give it time. A lot of people hate change, but once you get used to it, you grow to love it. Not because you have to, but because you slowly and gradually make it your own. Your home. And that will happen for any one of you if you just give it time.

Another thing... I used to be on a huge Hip-Hop forum called NobodySmiling way before the Dojo, and it died because the owner got bored of Hip-Hop and changed it into a gaming forum, which ended up dying on it's arse. We recenty had a Facebook reunion of sorts, and the site's back under the guise of Still NobodySmiling. It's totally different, but none of that matters, because it's about the members, not the graphics, not the name of sub-forums, it's always the people that make it, and as long as youz still like and get on with the members, everything will be fine. So stop worrying about your "era" being gone, people are still here, the community is still here, and that's all that matters.
by MiTT3NZ
Thu Sep 06, 2012 5:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Post a PM

I'll know what you say but please read here and be with us.
Sent: Fri Jun 09, 2006 1:18 pm
To: Peter

It's good to know that I purchased Shenmue IIX 2 times too.also I purchased it one time for Shenmue II DC

I know bussiness...I'm the one who says people go and buy all games of SEGA that can be relate to the genre of Shenmue from SEGA
I'll will be the first that will buy three copies from Shenmue

We aren't talk about money here...
We've already thanked them in that way...and it didn't answer well
Also please be polite with me ...that's just an idea and you must not use from the words FUCK, stupic, idiot and ..."I know you as a polite member not a rude one"

This is just an idea and we are going to talk about...
You can easily come and say Alimn I don't like to thank SEGA with an email...and...

"MAN I'm saying we can thank them with new letters in 2006 too"
This can't be bad.

It's good to show some support on Shenmue from all over the world before they give it just to CHINA & KOREA...

"THIS IS WHAT WE CAN BE AFTER FOR" Peter....

What a chap :rotflmao:
by Peter
Sun Sep 09, 2012 5:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Last Game/System/Peripheral You Bought

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmLj__iYSV8[/youtube]
by Who Really Cares?
Wed Sep 12, 2012 2:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Gaming thoughts of the day

Can't stress how cool Dark Souls is. Loving the combat, the sense of scale, the feeling of oppression and danger that comes with every step and the feeling of being able to overcome it. But I've just done some reading up and found that I've missed out on some cool weapons you can get by targeting weaknesses on boss characters, some of which turn out to be some of the best weapons in the game. But you only get one shot at it, as the bosses don't come back. It feels like I'm missing out on the really cool stuff by not having a guide in hand as I play the game, but I absolutely don't want that, as it would ruin the surprise.
by Tuffty
Wed Sep 12, 2012 5:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Favorite Gaming Characters, Designs, and Artwork

I quite like the artwork for the new DLC Double Dragon game. Wish I could find more of it.
It actually translates really well in-game, too. The character models look excellent.

by OL
Thu Sep 13, 2012 3:45 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Aggravating gaming moments

I managed to fuck up my save for Just Cause 2. It was partially my fault, so I wasn't quite as pissed off about it as I usually would be, but the game still made it WAY too easy for that to happen. It is a HUGE game too, so to go from a high percentage to a low one is actually a lot of hours pissed up the wall.

I've saved games in stupid places countless times (i.e. in the sort of situations similar to what Riku posted up there). I've also saved them in what I thought were OK places though, only for my characters to "move" when the games load, sending me off an edge, into water, stuck in the wall, etc., which was incredibly annoying.

Various Soul Calibur games, but especially the DC one, had me proper spazzing out. Especially any of those challenges you had to do, where Voldo was the opposition. Intense hatred for that gimp.

I once snapped a Need for Speed 2 PS1 disk. I can't remember if I frisbee'd it against the wall, or if I just bent it until it cracked, either way I did end up touching it though, and I definitely remember the cut it gave me, so ultimately the game still "won" even though it wasn't in the Playstation. :lol:

I broke my first Xbox by throwing a controller at it when, in first place, I spun on one of the last corners of the very last (hardest) race of the free Sega GT game I got with the Xbox (which came with JSRF on the same disk. Interestingly, even though I found some of JSRF pretty hard, I never got angry with it) for absolutely no apparent reason, other than the red-mist tinted impression that the game was just cheating and fucking with me 'cos I was in first place in the hard stages of the game . I launched the controller at the console, which must have jarred the HDD, 'cos it was that that got replaced (luckily under warranty). It meant though that I had to play through everything again, 'cos all my saves were on the fucked HDD. Funnily enough, the game tried the exact same trick (first place, last lap, "last" race, same corner, same weirdly easy to start but impossible to catch oversteer) though I managed not to throw the controller the second time.
by St. Elmo's Fire
Thu Sep 13, 2012 12:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: QTE Champ! [XBLI]

Hi,

I'm the creator of QTE Champ on XBLIG. I was googling around to see what the general feedback was and found my way here (I've visited the site plenty of times, just never the forums). The first thing I want to do is thank you for finding my game and sharing it with everyone else. The second thing is to tell you that the gameplay video on YouTube that you linked to wasn't uploaded by me so I had no hand in deleting any comments and I'm sorry yours was deleted. I support whatever people have to say about the game positive or negative because all thoughtful feedback is equally valid in my book.

Okay, with that said, let me give a quick blurb about why QTE Champ exists. The game is very obviously Shenmue's QTE Excite 2 arcade game -- and that's exactly what was intended! Back when I had my Dreamcast, I was addicted to both the QTE games in the arcade and for the longest time I wished there was a stand-alone version so that I could play them without starting Shenmue, walking to the arcade, and spending my in-game money. After years of wanting it, I finally just went ahead and made it myself. My hope was that this would bring other fans of the original mini-game like me out from hiding :-)

Every comment that I've seen on the YouTube video so far seems pretty positive and it makes me happy that the game clicked with the intended audience. Also, don't worry about purchasing the full game because I'm going to give you a download code for it. Just PM me so that I at least know this post was seen and read and I'll sent it to you. I also added you on Xbox Live.

Again, thanks for sharing the game with everyone. If you all have any questions let me know.

mseifullah
Hamworks

Edit: Went back and fixed tyops and grammar mistakes -- I originally wrote this post on a tablet.
by mseifullah
Tue Aug 28, 2012 2:16 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Random Thoughts! v2.0

I FINISHED DEUX!!!

And goddamn proud of the ending. It's now copywritten and ready to be released.
by Kenny
Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

New Ecco coming?

The creator of Ecco the Dolphin has announced he is meeting with Sega to discuss a new title in the aquatic adventure series.

Ecco mastermind Ed Annunziata revealed the news via his Twitter account (via VG247, and added that publisher interest made the chances of a new game multiply by a hundred.

"Chances of a new Ecco the Dolphin x100!" he excitedly wrote.

Subsequent messages revealed Annunziata had doodled an Ecco drawing on his whiteboard and, perhaps more importantly, secured the services of original Ecco composer Spencer Nielsen for the project.

Ecco the Dolphin first surfaced on Sega Mega Drive. Several sequels followed, while the original was later released on Steam, Wii Virtual Console and Xbox Live Arcade.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-09-24-ecco-the-dolphin-creator-discussing-new-game-with-sega

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c8p-wz-oVHE
by Who Really Cares?
Mon Sep 24, 2012 5:24 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Great Videogame Music

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U6c0mSjHEs8

Beautiful piano rendition of the Jolly Roger's Lagoon theme from Banjo-Tooie. This guy is so talented! The dynamics are wonderful. Starts out full of life, soundingjust like the tune from the game (but on piano), then it gets all sad.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=80eFXnb9Uro

Same guy, same kind of thing. Beautiful.
by Martin
Fri Sep 21, 2012 6:11 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: dev comment of the day topic

Surprised no-one else is thinking it's about damn time Kojima does something other than Metal Gear. I've long since been bored of it all..
We've been saying that for years now, but what we have in mind is something entirely new... not jumping into remakes of his old games or making Silent Hills (of all fucking things, he's probably the last guy for that one, lol).
Snatcher and Policenauts for me outweigh every Metal Gear bar MGS on PS1.
by Crimson Ryan
Thu Sep 27, 2012 5:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Where did Henry Go?

^ Why I didn't say at first but pete made it public so at that point the cat was out of the bag. I don't know if Henry wanted the subject publicly posted either and was not about to ask either.

What are you talking about? Unless he deleted a post, Peter didn't say anything. You did.

Best wishes Henry, take care of yourself.
by Mitsuzuki
Sun Oct 21, 2012 7:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Here's to Henry. I hope you find your happiness again. In a way , I know what it's like when your best friend kills themselves. I know that you are currently probably feeling very guilty, that you could've done something, etc. It probably happened without much warning, and you've been going back through the past while in your mind trying to identify the warning signs.

Life goes on for those who want to live it. I hope to see you on the boards again one day, but the main thing is that you don't lose yourself. It wasn't your fault.

I once contemplated suicide. Hell, even now life is and always will be tough with exceptionally little in the way of reprieves. But when my world came crashing down all around me and I had no choice but to stop being in denial over feeling like a woman on the inside, that brought me to a dark place I was not prepared to deal with or preserver through one little bit. Even after being in denial, feeling trapped, like in a prison with no hope for parole or escape very nearly pushed me over the edge. A lot of people think taking your own life is cowardly. It practically means nothing to say you're thinking about it. I hear people say things like that all the time. Ironically I never told anyone, until now, and probably came a lot closer than those that did. Personally, I think it takes an awful lot of nerve to suppress that natural instinct of self preservation and go through with finally pulling the trigger than most would imagine. Ultimately though it's because of cases like this, when everyone you touched in your life loses it in their own downward spiral in the face of your demise that I think I could not see it through.

Indeed, it's those who never even threaten to kill themselves that suddenly do so. Most threats of self-harm are just cries for help.
by Martin
Sun Oct 21, 2012 10:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

why not, we all care about him
by wude
Sun Oct 21, 2012 7:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Was at a friends funeral yesterday, and only got on the PSN today to see Henry had replied to my messages. He confirmed that he is gone. He is in a very bad place right now, and wont be back anytime soon, or ever really unless Shenmue 3 is announced. Also mentioned that the Dojo isnt the best place right now, and i said i agreed with him on that. Just told him to take care, and if he ever needed anything at all, to just let me know and i will do whatever necessary just to help. Even listen. I will keep him in my prayers tonight. :cry:
by Peter
Sun Oct 21, 2012 12:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Fucking hell man. I've never had someone that close to me do it, but it's happened with a few of my mates over the years. I hope he can get through it alright.
by MiTT3NZ
Sun Oct 21, 2012 12:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I been close to doing it but always seemed to get help. I never had a friend do it either. :???:

I prayed for Henry last night.
by Bluecast
Sun Oct 21, 2012 12:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

:sad: I will be 30 in 3 months.
Sadly I've already passed that border some years ago :P

As for Henry, that's tough. Some classmate of me did this (my brother actually found him...) and some others living nearby but it looks like it's someone very close to him which is harsh. Even with the people that I kind of knew it always felt strange in a way. Almost like disappointment added on top of everything.
by ys
Sun Oct 21, 2012 5:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I once contemplated suicide. Hell, even now life is and always will be tough with exceptionally little in the way of reprieves. But when my world came crashing down all around me and I had no choice but to stop being in denial over feeling like a woman on the inside, that brought me to a dark place I was not prepared to deal with or preserver through one little bit. Even after being in denial, feeling trapped, like in a prison with no hope for parole or escape very nearly pushed me over the edge. A lot of people think taking your own life is cowardly. It practically means nothing to say you're thinking about it. I hear people say things like that all the time. Ironically I never told anyone, until now, and probably came a lot closer than those that did. Personally, I think it takes an awful lot of nerve to suppress that natural instinct of self preservation and go through with finally pulling the trigger than most would imagine. Ultimately though it's because of cases like this, when everyone you touched in your life loses it in their own downward spiral in the face of your demise that I think I could not see it through.
by Sonikku
Sun Oct 21, 2012 6:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Good heavens, Sonikku! I'm awfully glad you didn't do it, as I don't think I could possibly face the prospect of a dojo without your feminine energy, and level headedness (indeed, there's very, very little of that around here). But please, keep living for the sake of your own marvellous-ness!

My heart really, really goes out to Henry. Though I have to say, I feel somewhat uneasy about discussing (or even reading) about such very personal and tragic matters on a public forum. Especially as I'm not even sure that Henry wanted me to know about this.
by mue 26
Sun Oct 21, 2012 6:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Most wanted 2013 game.

Anarchy Reigns, Metal Gear Rising, Nino Kuni, Castlevania LOS2, Castlevania Mirror of fate, tales of Xillia, fire emblem awakenings, rayman legends, kens rage 2

...i'm quite excited for next year
by Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:14 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ym6VMkTV2-A[/youtube]
by Bluecast
Tue Dec 18, 2012 5:20 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Ni No Kuni
Metal Gear Rising
Tomb Raider
Beyond: Two Souls
GTAV
Pikmin 3
South Park RPG

My most wanted though is Last Of Us.
by Riku Rose
Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:33 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Dark Souls

Been playing a few hours. Went in completely blind, since you guys were talking about how well the game handles that kind of thing (and it really does; didn't know anything at first, but learning everything for myself feels pretty good). Then, after sort of getting a general handle on things (it does take a while), I started a new game again.
I'm absolutely loving it. It really is addicting. I've only ever played a little bit of King's Field and Shadow Tower on PS1, but I'm really getting that vibe from Dark Souls so far. Despite my relatively limited exposure to those older games, I'm still getting a nostalgia jolt from it.
One thing people rarely say in plain words about it is that this may as well be classified as survival horror. Seriously, it feels scarier than most expressly "horror" games I've ever played. It really gets the heart pounding. And it's not just a matter of intensity; it really does give you an unsettling feeling when you start exploring new areas, never knowing what's around the next corner.
And the funny thing is, it's practically required that you die. And keep dying. A lot.
It's a survival horror game where you have to stop surviving so you can learn how to survive. :lol:

And it might just be me, but I'm also getting a bit of an Echo Night Beyond vibe from it as well, pretty much just when it comes to character interaction. It never feels like NPC's are talking to you; it has this really odd quality that almost feels like they're talking to themselves . Hard to explain why that is, but I got that from Echo Night, and I'm getting it here too.
by OL
Mon Dec 17, 2012 1:30 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic