Search found 7 matches

Return

Re: Yu Suzuki revisits Shenmue at GDC 2014 (Postmortem)

badamn wrote: A shenmue 3 announcement would consume me.It's only right…we built this industry.

Yama, put this shit on the banner. Strong post Badaman, strong post.
by mue 26
Thu Nov 28, 2013 9:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Eurogamer: 'Shenmue 3 as close to being announced.....

Honesty would solve so much in this world. People can't come out with the fidelity and identify with who they are. These days, the world is filled with simple-minded people who like simple-minded stuff, and hate artistic things being that they signify intellect. But no one has the guts to admit that. Rather, things that aren't indicative of the times we live in, and that don't cater to stupidity, are themselves called stupid. That childish, reverse psychology is old and on my last nerve. I know Shenmue's script writing isn't the best ever, and I've never called it a perfect game, but to call it's premise dumb, and to say that it's selling point is being an empty, yet graphical game, is stupidity defined. The premise is more purist material than stupid. It isn't commercially viable because it isn't demon play or gun-play. And no, Suzuki should NOT sully the series by incorporating those elements for the pleasure of the common idiot. If he is willing to make S3 for the few of us with brains left, all the power to him. If he wants to rake in money, forget it then. I'm sick of hearing "pop" referred to as great and progressive. Pop is whatever is degenerate and stupid.
by Jokatech19
Sat Apr 19, 2014 12:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: NeoGAF: New Japanese trademark from Sega (Shenmue)

Are people genuinely expecting something from anyone? Take a look at the games, their grandeur, their development studio, their costs. After presenting their games today, could you really see a Shenmue related game/announcement being made? Seriously?

It's been repeatedly said Suzuki barely has a team big enough to develop a mobile game, never mind a game that could stand side by side with any of the games on display today. You are on glue if you are watching any of the presentations with excitement of seeing a Shenmue trailer.

How so? Nintendo, Microsoft and Sony are always talking about innovative gaming. Microsoft's showing today was demonstrative of just how bland gaming has become and I refuse to believe that there are not more people like myself who are beginning to feel disenfranchised with the industry.

I'm yet to buy a 'next-gen' console and wont until I see a game that warrants me purchasing one. I don't think there's been a game released since Shenmue that can come close in terms of depth and ambition - so why wouldn't one of the big three look to bring Shenmue (or something like it) to their console as an exclusive? There's already a fanbase and I dare say a large amount of people waiting for Shenmue or a game like it. Exclusivity could shift a lot of consoles.
by tomboz
Mon Jun 09, 2014 4:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: NeoGAF: New Japanese trademark from Sega (Shenmue)

What's this new trademark all about those people make us like monkeys demanding shenmue 3 those people have no heart have no feeling have no ethics
by Totti
Mon Jun 09, 2014 5:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue 3 Kickstarter announced at E3 2015!

phpBB [video]
by lavrentis
Tue Jun 16, 2015 6:19 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue III Update #67: Developer Room Update 3

I'm usually the pessimist who's the first to criticise anything I dislike in those updates, but damn, that model is fantastic. Yes, the skin shader is a little plasticity, giving it a more cartoony look, but otherwise it's great. A great mix between the realistic and the stylized, basically what Shenmue is all about.

Not surprised at the E3 no show, the development isn't going according to schedule, that much is clear. Otherwise we'd already be playing the trial version, let alone not seeing any proper trailer.
by Rikitatsu
Mon May 29, 2017 8:36 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Lan-Di and red dressed woman in background of teaser!

ahh,well i guess it had been discussed,i thought i might introduce and share some news which was pretty exciting to me.and had never heard of before,i woul;d have liked to include her name(had i actually known it)and included the link if i actually knew how.but i have no inclenation of passing this elitist bar in order to post.and u all wonder why people r so quick to burn shenmue.

Don’t worry about it man. It was buried in another thread. It probably deserved it’s own thread because it was so well hidden. They had to have known what they were doing to include 1/2 if the chiyoumen leaders in the trailer.
by elfshadowreaper
Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic