Search found 95 matches

Return

Re: Last Game/System/Peripheral You Bought

Assassins Creed on PS3.

I had 30$ in gift cards from the kidney stone and got some needed clothes and AC.
by Bluecast
Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Random Thoughts! v2.0

I saw people holding up ipads at Rockerfeller Center during the Christmas Tree lighting and I'm like 'who the hell brings an ipad to this? :lol:
by Jeff
Sat Dec 01, 2012 1:54 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things That Made You Laugh Today

:rotflmao:

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_melewwps3z1qbqhhuo1_r1_500.gif

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_melewwps3z1qbqhhuo2_r1_500.gif

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_melewwps3z1qbqhhuo3_r1_500.gif

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_melewwps3z1qbqhhuo4_r1_500.gif

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_melewwps3z1qbqhhuo7_r1_500.gif
by Brothaman
Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What Game/Games Are You Currently Playing?

Assassins Creed II

Ezio is awesome.
by Bluecast
Sun Dec 09, 2012 2:39 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue Dojo Hosting Upgrade + Happy Holidays!

I wasn't overly familiar with the previous iteration, but for what it's worth I like the current design and don't have any problems with the interface. If I did, and I felt it warranted comment, I'd probably try and offer something more constructive than "it's very bad." What is it that you preferred about the old look, cube_b3? And what difficulties do you encounter when navigating the site? Answer those questions and your criticism might be taken as useful rather than inflamatory.
by Let's Get Sweaty
Sun Dec 16, 2012 6:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Been real busy the past week.

I'm prepping for what will be my first feature film. Haven't decided on all the specifics yet but i'm leaning on shooting with a Red One or MX camera (with whatever badass lenses I can get) so the film can look like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z5pJXXBea8A

I'm also considering the Nikon D90 or my own Canon Rebel T2i if I can make it look like a "film" like the Red cameras do. It'll be based on the short script "The Assignment", i'm writing the full feature length version of it as we speak. I already sent the 30 page "short" to two would-be producers and they love it. Hopefully the feature script will get a similar reaction, which would lead to more financing.

The script will be finished in a week maybe and i'll get some concept art done by the same person who did TECH. I'll also be doing the storyboards. Not to mention direct and edit. There are some difficult things i'm planning on doing that are considered big NO-NOs (working with children, gun battles, ect) but i'm hoping by planning it all out ahead of time and financing a few extra days will help remedy this situation.

On top of that i'm finalizing TECH, writing Project Exodus, and halfway with a brand new script....CREW, which is so far coming along to be very awesome (might be the one i'll ship out with full confidence around since there isn't one thing wrong with it so far)!

Since i'm becoming swamped with work, you might see less of me in the coming weeks. But if anything i'll still pop in whenever I can. Be seeing you bastards later. :beerchug:
by Kenny
Mon Dec 17, 2012 12:51 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Last thing you bought

An ounce, for over Xmas and New Year. :D
by St. Elmo's Fire
Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Gruesome Penis Injury In HORRIFIC Sex Accident

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pwQoF105RO4[/youtube]
by Brothaman
Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:20 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Games With Interesting & Immersive Stories/Settings

Yes... And Koudelka.

Some more games I thought of:

Syberia
Arcanum: Of Steamworks and Magick Obscura
Thief: The Dark Project
by KiBa
Thu Dec 20, 2012 3:45 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Hey guys. Again, limited internet access and time means i cant be on much, but i do think of you guys and the Dojo everyday. I miss it, and hopefully there will be a time in the future where i have my own place with internet and some time to chill here. i hope everyone is keeping well, and you all have a lovely Christmas and New Years. :heart:
by Peter
Sat Dec 22, 2012 8:28 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE

Merry Christmas everyone!

Samanosuke Akechi wrote:Merry Christmas you filthy animals!

Home Alone!
by Axm
Mon Dec 24, 2012 11:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

New Ryo Hazuki Statue from First4Figures.com

First 4 Figures announced on Christmas day that they will be creating a Ryo Hazuki statue. A teaser image was shown at the main site, they will start taking preorders in early 2013.
by ShenSun
Thu Dec 27, 2012 8:29 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

So Christmas miracle or temporary curse.. But my parents dog who is more than 10 years old lost all sight, smell and hearing yesturday. They took the dog to the vet and the vet said she would probably never get her senses back again.
Because im Christian and actively pray atleast once a week, I prayed last night that God would restore the dogs senses. My family was devistated and it seemed like a horrible way to live for a dog thats been nothing but loving all its life.
Well this morning the dog is back to 100% normal again.
Either shitty vet or God granted our wishes, either way its very impressive and releiving.
by Axm
Thu Dec 27, 2012 1:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Happy 2013, I brought free DLC for who reads this first

Hi Guys,

I've been gone for a while as I have been working on my latest Linux distribution.

I began managing our video game distribution budget at my job and got a lot of DLC codes when I bought games for my library here in Princeton. I do not believe in having to pay for DLC so I will be releasing codes that I receive from developers and resellers.

I used some of them but here is what's left for you all to use if you want!

Xbox 360
Assassins Creed 3 "Captain of the Aquila and Boarding Axe bonus."= 3XM-XWUJ-FRUM-KLXA-EXGA

Playstation 3
Hitman Absolution: Bartoli Custom Pistol and High Tech Suit= 56AF-8JN5-JQ2M
Resident Evil 6: High Seas Fortress Stage = 4MLH-D4NE-4T33
Dead or Alive 5 DOA Devils black bunny swimsuits = H392-3HN3-B3GT
Madden 2013: NFL Legends Joe Gibbs and Lawrence Taylor= PBAG-E2N6-9EAR
Amazing Spider Man: Stan Lee Adventure Pack= A6G7-4KNK-4BP9
Madden 2012:Andrew Luck Future Stars Draft Pick Madden Ultimate Team Card = TA7K-RGNH-RJBQ

That's it for now, enjoy guys and here's to another great year at ShenmueDojo!
by shengoro86
Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:41 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Need help fixing a dreamcast (if possible)

I wrote a tutorial on how to hack the Mil-CD patched dreamcasts, unfortunately the DC community sites are pretty much gone and my document is hard to find. i cant even find it. >_<

You might be able to swap the drives are they are removable, but I dont remember if it is a simple unplug and switch.

EDIT I FOUND IT
Not saying which member I am :D

6.1. Newer Non MIL-CD DCs and workaround
Thanks to DJ Motion from isonews, jc, OEM, and Xeal on dcwarez.

Some newer DCs have their BIOS programmed to prevent booting CD(R)s which have audio (audio boot data in this case) before the game data (formally known as the MIL-CD format, informally as the audio/data selfboot layout). Not nice, especially considering nearly all previous games - including ECHELON rips - work like this. When buying a Dreamcast, look for Dreamcast units manufactured BEFORE October 2000. There have been some units manufactured in Oct. 2000 and Dec. 2000 with the new BIOS revision that will not work with CDR's. Note that how recently you bought it and retail box type (regular or Smash Pack) do not matter, only the manufacture date of the unit, which should be visible through a small window on the Dreamcast retail box. Also identified as not working with the audio/data selfboot layout games are the Sakura Taisen and Hello Kitty special edition Dreamcasts available in Japan.

Many people have reported that there are plenty of units in the Oct 2000 - Dec 2000 timeframe that play the audio/data selfboot layout games just fine... thus the only way to check is to buy the unit and take it home and try it.

Note for Japanese DC owners (from OEM of dcwarez): My Jap DC refuses to boot the data/data selfboot format unless the total image size is below 70 minutes. Thus releases such as San Francisco Rush 2049, Deep Fighter & NFL2K1 don't work on my DC. (I have been able to get most of them to work though, by converting them to the old audio/data selfboot format.) According to Xeal this is a known problem with early Japanese models, which may explain why groups rarely use this format. It is also my experience that newer units won't boot the data/data format if the total image size is above 82 minutes (thus making it impossible to selfboot games like Sonic Adventure without ripping something out).

Addendum: Echelon's releases of NBA2K1 and NFL2K1 (and SFRush2049, of course) are already in the data/data selfboot format... other Echelon releases that use the data/data selfboot format are unknown.

The data/data selfboot solution (No modifications to console needed):
Right, so you've got your CD written and you want to make it selfboot and work on your new Dreamcast. Here goes...

1. Rip the CD with DiscJuggler to a CDI file.
2. Go in to a DOS/Command Prompt and using CDIRip, rip the CDI file so that a .CUE and .BIN file are created.
3. You can delete the .CUE file. Download a free copy of ISOBuster from the net and extract the files to a directory from the .BIN file.
4. Using IPBIN4WIN, create an IP file which corresponds to the game. It normally needs to be pointing at the 1st_read.bin file, or perhaps a different file if it is a WinCE game. A WinCE game can be detecting by checking if it has a 'WinCE' directory on the CD. If so, make sure you take this in to account when creating the IP file.
5. Now you'll need a tool called 'mkisofs'. It is included in the selfboot toolkit. Create an ISO from the files you have extracted, and the IP.BIN in the root directory. Make sure you use an offset of 0,0 *NOT* 0,11700.
6. Then you'll need to use Xeal's amazing 'Bin2Boot' tool on the ISO, which creates a selfboot CDI which puts the game data BEFORE the audio boot data. A miracle. Now the game works. It's been tested on a real non-CDR boot DC (one of the first in the UK) and it works fine.

Utopia Boot CD for NON MIL-CD DCs
MUCH thanks to jc of dcwarez (and xeal, of course!)

1. Download the cdrecord-tools, CDIRip, ISOFix, and Bin2Boot if you don't already have them.
2. Get the *.CDI file for the Utopia BootCD.
3. Extract the CDI, cdirip.exe, isofix, and bin2boot to a directory (ie, C:\JC_IS_COOL).
4. Open a DOS/Command Prompt in said directory.
5. Run the following commands:
cdirip FILENAME.CDI /iso
then do:
isofix TData02.iso 11702
6. Extract the contents of the ISO using ISO Buster into a directory with the cdrecord-tools.
7. Move the "bootfile.bin" from the directory where you were working with CDIRip to the Directory you extracted the contents of the fixed ISO.
8. Make an ISO with the following command:
mkisofs -C 0,0 -V "Utopia BootCD v1.1" -l -o BOOTCD.ISO DIR
(where "DIR" is where you extracted your fixed ISO.
9. Take the ISO that "mkisofs" produces and put it into the directory where you have Bin2Boot. Run the following command: bin2boot BOOTCD.ISO /nohack
10. Burn image.cdi with DiscJuggler and enjoy it on your "copy-protected" Dreamcast.

6.2. Enabling VGA support - BootCD and Self-boot games
Credits to jc of dcwarez.

Boot CD
The original Utopia Boot CD 1.1 does NOT contain the VGA initialization code necessary... there IS a patch for the Boot CD image that will help with some games available from dccopyworld. The Utopia Boot CD 1.2 supposedly has the VGA patch applied to it, but is supposedly NOT an official Utopia release.
by shengoro86
Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Yakuza series

I am currently playing 5. I finished Kiryuu's chapter. I have only been to Fukuoka once for a day on a business trip. But I do recognize the canals and the bridges. Chapter 2 is in Hokkaido which is Saejima's chapter which I am currently half way done with....I think.... It is very heavy dialog heavy as usual. With these games, I am more interested in the story so it works for me.

The action as usual is fucking balls to the walls and totally insane. But a certain scene with Kiryuu's final battle gets really ridiculous even if it is to show how bad ass he is. After 4, hell even 3, I had no idea how they were going to develop him, but this game does an interesting job of re-exploring his character and for the right reasons. Same with Saejima so far. I look forward to doing the other chapters before I go back to Japan.

Ironically, the only time I can do any gaming is when I go back home to the states for the holidays lol
by RyoHazuki84
Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:29 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Gaming thoughts of the day

I'm sure someone must have posted this here before but I'd only seen it now. Hilarious.

by Vyse Hazuky
Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Some more Facebook pics that made me lol...

by MiTT3NZ
Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:40 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2003 Members

I just got a real sense of just how long it's been. I was unable to sleep and watching some old videos I made, and came across Extraordinary (Link here, if you haven't seen it :lol: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2qpRRknV88I )

It's crazy because I made that when I first came here in 2003, and, thinking back to my thought processes when I made that video, everything in it already felt so old, it felt like we had already done everything in the games. It's just insane to think that it has already been 10 years since I first joined here and made this video... yet in another way, it feels like a whole different lifetime.

I just looked at my PM box, and I have a new PM, but my box is overflowing and I have all these old PMs from people who aren't here anymore like Yusuke and Odds and Ends/Riot on Broadway and I don't want to delete them. :-o
by Heart Of Swords
Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:26 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Finally got a job as a waiter in La Palka restaurant in Sydney. Even better when Lisle Wilkerson wishes you congrats on Facebook. :)
by Peter
Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The expression on her face is priceless
by Yokosuka Martian
Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Gaming thoughts of the day

Samanosuke Akechi wrote: Beat me to it Kiba.So much for the 10 year plan.

What in sam hill are you going on about? You done mistake Riku Rose for me?

By the way, anyone else play Star Trek Online? I like it.
by KiBa
Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:06 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Pro Wrestling Official Topic

Samanosuke Akechi wrote: Brock signed a 2 contract. Hope to see a match with him and brock happen.

Hmmm, I dunno if Brock could have a good match with himself, but it'd be fun to watch him try this.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ua7Klz9Rk1k[/youtube]
by Gingefners, The
Fri Feb 01, 2013 7:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Got to love people who say they hate football but watch the World Cup.
by Riku Rose
Mon Feb 04, 2013 4:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Samanosuke Akechi wrote: Vid won't show :???: but here it is.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... sTHuY2b0bg

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dsTHuY2b0bg[/youtube]

URL had some extra nonsense preventing it from embedding properly :D
by Rakim
Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Gaming Merchandise & Collections

My games, finally out of storage containers and into their new home. Sorry about the quality of the picture, camera battery was low so I took it in a hurry.
by Bambi
Tue Feb 12, 2013 3:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Xbox 3 & PS4 Talk

Seriously though, the controller looks good to me. Apparently it has cameras in it and all.
by mue 26
Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Happy Birthday Topic

Sam was 13 when he joined? Damn! Happy birthday!
by Bluecast
Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Happy Birthday Samanosuke Akechi!
by Spokane
Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Happy b day sammy!
by Sonikku
Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Gaming Thoughts Of The Day 2.0

People whine on the Internet but company's don't give a fuck because they still get your money and that's all they want. It makes me laugh how people bitch about games with an online pass or DRM but still buy them. Best way to get your point across is just not support it or the company. If you claim to hate these practises but still pay for them then you really can't feel that strongly about it.
by Riku Rose
Fri Mar 01, 2013 2:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Always preferred Aladdin on SNES. Mikami's first game. Have it on both but eh the Genesis version doesn't sit well with me
by Bluecast
Tue Mar 05, 2013 2:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZxXEidtxHk[/youtube]
by Who Really Cares?
Mon Mar 11, 2013 5:31 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

In another hilarious twist of fate a modder found a way to play SimCity offline, completely negating EA's claim that offline play was impossible . Let me just be clear, I have every sympathy for the engineers working long hours to get things fixed, or the PR representative who has to face all this criticism. But both the developers and EA have fucked this up so bad, lying about it even now, and they should be called out for it. Does anyone really, really believe the PR spin of "the servers are busy because the players who were already on were having so much fun they didn't want to leave?" And they also said an offline more would take too many resources and man hours to do, when some random guy can do it in his bedroom? It proves how easy it is for Maxis/EA to come up with an offline mode, and how incredibly devious they are in achieving their marketing/sales goals. EA have knowingly lied to consumers, all but for an arbitrary decision on their part to retain as much control over SimCity as possible.

It's surely one of the worst game launches that I can think of.
by Tuffty
Thu Mar 14, 2013 7:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic