Search found 140 matches

Return

Re: Random Thoughts! v2.0

Morman is on a mission? Is he saving the earth?
by beedle
Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:56 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

he's still bitter about the cuban missile crisis.
by beedle
Sat Feb 16, 2013 9:10 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Classical Liberal vs. Libertarian

so no one here knows what classical liberalism is? loul okay.

the two are virtually identical. libertarianism is more or less just the modern form.
by beedle
Sat Feb 16, 2013 11:43 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

i have started a tally in my signature for whenever ryudo posts a pointlessly unrelated image or video. feel free to pm me examples starting from now.
by beedle
Sun Feb 17, 2013 6:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What Song Are You Listening To Now?

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bb6cBKE3WzQ[/youtube]
by beedle
Sat Mar 16, 2013 6:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: TEEPO™'s REPLY TO SONIKKU'S POST

I think the last time I was here he got banned for posting erotic fiction about peter mandelson and his (female) secretary. At least I think that was why he was banned? I found it hilarious anyway.

Ryudo wrote: Yes I had another 50$ planned but not if he is allowed to stay.

very mature.
by beedle
Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:18 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

SINCE WERE BEING HONEST AND PUTTING OUR CARDS ON THE TABLE I'M CALLING OUT YOKOSUKA MARTIN. I WILL NEVER FORGIVE THAT MOTHERFUCKER.
by beedle
Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Ryudo wrote:
beedle wrote: SINCE WERE BEING HONEST AND PUTTING OUR CARDS ON THE TABLE I'M CALLING OUT YOKOSUKA MARTIN. I WILL NEVER FORGIVE THAT MOTHERFUCKER.

Did you probe your anus? Gosh darn aliens

good joke buddy
by beedle
Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: America has a sick obsession with guns.

Speaking as a non-US citizen, I believe that non-US citizens (I'm looking at you Piers Morgan), nor people who don't actually live in the US (sheltered and hotel/chauffer lifestyle doesn't count, Mr. Morgan) don't have a valid opinion. At all.

Also, to reference crime rates in another country based in another continent is moot due to cultural differences and the country's overall state. And besides that, the US has a rather unique system in which what may be illegal in one state is perfectly legal in another. So, whilst gun control may be the answer in Texas for example (using names - not the states themselves - as an example only ), it may not be for Illinois.

Bottom line is that laws ain't as black and white as people like to think due to how over-bureaucratised capitalist countries are, so the US as a whole will probably ramble on with this debate for a good few years until (hopefully) the perfect solution is met for each state and each citizen that inhabits it.

But if you want my invalid opinion, it's people - not guns - who are the problem. Make all these "scary-looking" and "demonised" guns illegal, and only the responsible gun owners suffer. Criminals will always be able to get hold of the weapon they want because, as their label suggests, they disregard the law.

this is the most intelligent reply to this topic thus far and probably the most intelligent that will be posted on this forum.
by beedle
Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: America has a sick obsession with guns.

dont worry guys nasa said global warming isn't real
by beedle
Sat Mar 30, 2013 3:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Top Five Disney Couples

is this a direct response to the alpha male topic
by beedle
Sun Mar 31, 2013 2:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: So i bought my first Gamecube

Ryudo wrote:
Segata Sanshiro Jr. wrote: Just to warn you, you might not like Tales of Symphonia. ts very cliched and makes you do a lot of really dumb things.

Broken Record: The game flat sucks

wow glad I've found someone who agrees with me about that game

also wind waker is wayyyy better than twilight princess
by beedle
Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:31 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: HMV saved [for now]

the only reason amazon is cheaper is because it dodges tax by shipping through the channel islands. which is part of the reason HMV is more expensive.
by beedle
Fri Apr 05, 2013 3:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Signature and Avatar Post Up Thread + Requests

Gingefners, The wrote:
beedle wrote: there is no avatar/sig that will adequately sum me up.

Well, there is, but I think a picture of a sagging blue scrotum is against the rules.

bit of an unprovoked insult against ryudo there
by beedle
Fri Apr 05, 2013 6:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Maggie Thatcher dies

margaret thatcher was a horrible prime minister who destroyed livelihoods, communities and made lives hell for many people. I can totally and utterly understand people wanting to dance on her grave after the stuff some people went through.

however i wish her family the best
by beedle
Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:13 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: North Korea clears military attack against the US.

please can we hide jeff's existence from north korea, we don't want to give them reason to hate us even more
by beedle
Tue Apr 09, 2013 3:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Therefore he needs not refer to any external sources on the topic.

RT was set up by mr. putin to promote a pro-Russian, anti-Western stance. It constantly downplays criticism of the corrupt, undemocratic Russian government (see: a strong lack of said criticisms), promotes Putin's foreign policy (see: its support of Assad in Syria) and is generally pretty conspiratorial and sensationalist about the U.S. politics(see: the whole site). RT makes no attempt at truthful journalism. It is literally propaganda straight from the Kremlin and there is a reason people view it as a joke. if you must read a foreign news outlet go for al jazeera or something.

also while i acknowledge that the BBC isn't perfect, I do find it amusing how the right constantly accuse it of being too left leaning and the left, vice versa. pretty funny really, at least i think so.
by beedle
Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

feelers has actually managed to bring me and jeff into agreement on something. sickening. I hope he is happy.

two things:

called it!

glenda jackson today the legacy of mrs thatcher. worth a watch.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XDtClJYJBj8[/youtube]
by beedle
Wed Apr 10, 2013 1:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

the "link" between vaccinations and autism can fuck off. it is fucking offensive, stupid and worst of all dangerous. it is sickening and genuinely infuriating.
by beedle
Fri Apr 12, 2013 9:08 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

heavy is the white man's burden
by beedle
Sat Apr 13, 2013 4:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The Game Of Thrones TV topic

spartacus is just Rome for 14 year old boys
by beedle
Tue Apr 16, 2013 6:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Beedle teaches us things

can't be arsed to read all these posts so yes to all the questions
by beedle
Tue Apr 30, 2013 8:41 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Random Thoughts

it's a good job people can judge how a cat feels from a 3 second video loop
by beedle
Wed May 01, 2013 6:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Members of the Dojo you would like to meet (2012 style)

would rather get fingered by ken barlow tbh
by beedle
Wed May 01, 2013 9:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Members of the Dojo you would like to meet (2012 style)

mue 26 wrote: That's ironic coming from the only member who has never frequented this forum for the Shenmue link. If it wasn't Shenmue keeping you around all these years, surely it was the delightful companionship?

i just don't wanna be seen in public with people like you
by beedle
Thu May 02, 2013 4:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Sonikku wrote: [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pmekYJNIipc[/youtube]

this is fucking horrible. please go away with this
by beedle
Fri May 03, 2013 11:24 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What are your greatest achievments in life?

in a week I will have handed my dissertation in, so I think that might be it (when it happens)
by beedle
Thu May 02, 2013 7:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 13 year old kills mom for taking game away

wtf that is is stupid. I would NEVER have got a rifle at 11. I had to make do with a handgun.
by beedle
Sat May 04, 2013 8:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: In Today's News of "Crazy People With Guns..."

Gun laws vary from state to state. Some gun laws are extremely strict while others are fairly weak. Why are there more strict in some states than others? I would say due to the amount of gun related crimes, and the overall political view of the state. This is a democracy, after all. The popular opinion is the one that should come out on top.

Thing is, there is a point where gun laws can get too strict. What if the government gets so corrupt that a militia does need to go against their government? I am sure when I said "this is a democracy" in my previous paragraph at least one person thought "Yea, right... maybe if our votes actually mattered." or something along those lines. We do vote for who we want to place in office, but it is no secret that this is not a perfect system. If the system gets out of whack enough, we will still need to have the ability to be able to rise against the government and protect ourselves from tyranny.

This demonstration is a direct representation to see if it is still possible for people to create such a militia. The law says we can, but giving the current popular opinion of the country, is it even possible? The intent of these people are not to overthrow the government (which is, no shit, illegal as hell). In washington DC, a civilian cannot even get a concealed handgun permit if they had good reason to, which I think is kinda bullshit.

I'm aware of why the right to bear arms exists. I get that. I don't necessarily agree with the outdated justification but, along with the reasoning for the protest, I get it. What I don't get is how this will help your position. If you threaten any government with armed revolt - and let's be honest, despite the claims of peaceful protest, it is still a threat - it will respond defensively, regardless of whether it is corrupt, fascist or democratic (see: my earlier point in regards to the October Revolution). This will not loosen gun laws in any way whatsoever, if anything it will do the opposite, giving politicians a reason to enforce them even further.

It is the sort of half-baked idea that one would expect from libertarians; completely idealistic, ill thought out and - at best - achieving absolutely nothing.

Now lets say your scenario does play out where shots are fired and people start dying. What does this mean? First, it means that the people who took part in this march were not "peaceful protesters" and were in fact terrorists with a very elaborate plan. The only reason a government official will fire is if they feel that their or someone else's life is in danger, meaning a participant of this march points their loaded weapon at someone else. That is clear ill intent which means intelligence failed to get a proper background on the organizer of this event. Since this is a march on Washington DC, it is a potential threat to national security so you can bet US intelligence agencies are following this with a close eye. Depending on what they come up with will determine the government's reaction to this event. This is not anything out of left field like 9/11, the Oklahoma bombings, or any other terrorist attack (it is posted on facebook for God's sake) so I expect this event to be handled extremely well. However, if your scenario does play out for whatever reason, that will just prove the government's sheer incompetence in being able to protect their own people, which is a signal that it may be time for a significant change. Not an american revolution change, but still a change.

You misunderstand. I'm not saying that it is a plan, or that the organisers are terrorists. What I am saying is that you have thousands of potentially angry and rowdy people with loaded guns. These people are not soldiers: they are not drilled, there is no discipline or command structure. This is simply a group of people. There is literally nothing to stop one person acting alone and firing shot at the security that would inevitably turn up. Maybe it would be out of malice, maybe out of nervousness. Either way, out of the number of protesters that are going, you cannot guarantee peoples' behaviour at all. Incidentally, this point once again makes me wonder how much thought was actually put into the protest at all.
by beedle
Tue May 07, 2013 12:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The Philosophy Thread

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JDEZ2h41t0I[/youtube]
by beedle
Tue May 07, 2013 8:32 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: BROTHAMITE BROTHAMITE! Ask the wise Brotha fools!

god thought you were on about multiple sclerosis
by beedle
Wed May 22, 2013 7:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

does george cowell think he is being funny? what a nob.
by beedle
Thu May 23, 2013 2:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Woolwich [London] 'terror' attack

absolutely, mittens is 100% correct. no one can condone their actions and for any progress to be made, muslim 'communities' need to bare the greatest responsibility (and already are to a great extent).

Gah, I just watched that video. Nob indeed. Who the hell is he, it seems he just rages about Islam is all his videos.
he's a youtube 'comedian', with views in the same vein as dawkins/hitchens/15 year olds etc.
This may interest you
by beedle
Sat May 25, 2013 6:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

south carmain wrote:
beedle wrote:
Ryudo wrote: http://i.imgur.com/rrzjW2K.jpg

nice lazy racism from a show you wouldn't expect any better from

you know what's thunderously racist? doctor who

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/tvan ... acist.html

it's also shit
by beedle
Thu May 30, 2013 11:48 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Latest Purchases

about £680 worth of PC parts. a nice treat for passing university. yum.
by beedle
Wed Jun 12, 2013 7:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Twitter Blowup Leads to Sudden Cancellation of Fez II

MiTT3NZ wrote: LOL

And this is why we don't mix well with Americans.

pretty sure he's french canadian

how funny though. what a couple of little kids.
by beedle
Sat Jul 27, 2013 6:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Twitter Blowup Leads to Sudden Cancellation of Fez II

LOL

And this is why we don't mix well with Americans.
pretty sure he's french canadian

how funny though. what a couple of little kids.

I meant the whole of the North and South. Pretty much.
nah you aren't allowed to pick on canadians, they used to be with us and only reluctantly gave up being ruled by us. unlike the dirty turncoat bastards.
by beedle
Sun Jul 28, 2013 10:34 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 47 Ronin

Henry Spencer wrote: The Last Samurai all over again. Hollywood sure love dat whitewashing.

that's kind of unfair. I don't see how the last samurai was whitewashing given it was based on an actual person.
by beedle
Sun Jul 28, 2013 10:31 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

what about a biopic about me
by beedle
Mon Aug 05, 2013 7:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

you're probably old enough to be in it