Search found 126 matches

Return

Re: Random Shenmue III Thoughts

I've been with contact with Robert Pontow from Deep Silver, who is working on Shenmue 3.
I told him about Eric Kelso, Paul Lucas, and Lisle Wilkerson, and how they want to return to Shenmue 3. This is his reply:

Hi, thanks for contacting me. Would you have any email addresses of the voice actors, their agents or any other means of contacting them? Unfortunately I wouldn't be able to discuss anything over FB, so we would need to take an official way to get in contact with the voice actors. But I am sure that Yu Suzuki would be happy if we can secure the same crew for Shenmue 3. Best regards

This means there is hope yet. I will try to find a way to get in touch with those three, I'll tweet Shenmue AM2 podcast who had been in touch with them recently. If you guys know anything that might help, let me know too

This also confirms my suspicion that they didn't know that the VA's wanted to return
by Rikitatsu
Tue May 22, 2018 8:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Spaghetti wrote: No, but they're not particularly comparable considering the NPCs in either of those games are largely just crowd filler you can't really interact with outside bumping into (Yakuza), or tackling for funsies (Sleeping Dogs).

Not to mention they are literally clones of each other.
by Rikitatsu
Sun Jun 03, 2018 2:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Choubu alone will have around 200 NPCs (Shenmue 1 had 250 in its entirety). It's gonna be somewhere between 1 and 2 in scale.
Is there a source for this? All I remember him saying is that they upped the NPC number after expanding the project scope last year, I don't remember him specifying Chobou.
http://www.phantomriverstone.com/2017/08/4gamer-interview-with-yu-suzuki.html
Thanks buddy

EDIT: Interesting that he says the game starts precisely 6 hours after the ending of Shenmue 2, considering that ended around noon, 6 hours later means Shenmue 3 will start around Sunset... Which matches the released screenshots/trailers so far.
by Rikitatsu
Sun Jun 03, 2018 12:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Yup, we should probably wait until Gamescom. And then when nothing is shown at Gamescom, we should probably wait until the event after that. And then when there is nothing shown at that event, we should probably wait until Magic Monaco. Oh, but no, that's not the right stage for Shenmue 3, because remember you can't just release something as simple as a few minutes of gameplay or a new trailer without doing so at a special event (even though other developers do it all the time). So we better wait until E3 2019. Until they announce that the release has been delayed until 2020.

I'm sure I'll get scolded for negativity and cynicism, but let's be honest, that's been the cycle with Shenmue fans over the last 3 years, constantly hyping up the next 'event' and then trying to rationalise why 'that event' isn't the 'right event' once it becomes clear that S3 won't be making an appearance.

No, but seriously, I'm sure something will be shown at Gamescom. At least we know voice recording has begun and that hopefully means they're making good progress
I'm more concerned about what they'll show instead of when.
I don't mind them taking their time, but I don't want something like that abhorrent Gamescom trailer to ever be released again. Oh, and we need to see Gameplay already.

I still think we'll see something this E3, mainly due to how quiet they've been the past 6 months.
by Rikitatsu
Sun Jun 10, 2018 5:06 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Yu also probably expected to raise only around $2M and make a story-focused non-open world game, late 2017 seemed reasonable.
by Rikitatsu
Sun Jun 10, 2018 3:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Random Shenmue HD Thoughts

It's really cool that they're recognizing the 3rd with whatever they're announcing.
by Rikitatsu
Tue Jun 26, 2018 8:04 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic