Search found 72 matches

Return

Re: Playstation Experience - December 2016

I'm trying to find the quote, but I think Yu did say III would finish Chapter 5 and go beyond Chapter 6, so let's assume it gets partway into Chapter 7 the same way II got partway into III. That seems reasonable.

Didn't Chapter 5 finish already with Shenmue 2?
IIRC Shenmue 2 was Chapter 3,4,5,6... Meaning Shenmue 3 will either start off at Ch.7 or the end of Ch.6.
I think the chapter numbering can be confusing depending on whether you are talking about the "11-chapter" structure of the story or the earlier "16-chapter" structure. In terms of 11 chapters, and he made this comment during his China conference (a whole year ago now!):
Q: How many more Shenmue games are there until the end of the story?
Yu: There is a total of 11 chapters. Shenmue 3 will be chapters 5 and 6.
Consensus in the forum discussion at the time was that "chapter 5" means finishing off what was started in Shenmue II, as mentioned by Spags.
http://www.shenmuedojo.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=49353#p1123824
by Switch
Thu Nov 10, 2016 8:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The New Combat System

Ragdoll is pretty much in every game now, in fact, you could just enable it by checking a box in UE4. So I wondered why Suzuki was making a big deal out of it (to even have it as a stretch goal...).

I guess it might be advanced ragdolls like Rockstars games, but I wonder how that will benefit the combat exactly.
To be honest, I'm not a big fan of ragdolls... I like them when they're blended with regular animations. Like if you kick a guy in his abdomen, an animation plays where he falls on his knees grabbing his stomach, and then the ragdoll physics are activated and he falls down.

If it was applied like that, it would be great.

If I remember correctly, Yu talked about the ragdoll and it's something similar as you have said. It´s an improved version of the ragdoll reaction.
by Hazuki00
Mon Nov 14, 2016 6:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Playstation Experience - December 2016

Logically it would make the most sense to be at PSX, I'm still very hopeful. A few months ago there were a good amount of confirmed titles I was made aware of, it wasn't one of them. This very well could have changed since then, based on the knowledge of Suzuki-san being in the area around the same time, I think it's looking plausible. Either way we are going to see something soon, that much we know. Fingers crossed for PSX though.

Without a doubt, I'm with you. It also wasn't said it wouldn't be there, just that it was not mentioned alongside many confirmed titles which didn't seem hopeful at the time. But like we said, many things change last minute with these shows, for better or worse. Fingers crossed, I still feel hopeful.
by Yama
Wed Nov 23, 2016 3:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Logically it would make the most sense to be at PSX, I'm still very hopeful. A few months ago there were a good amount of confirmed titles I was made aware of, it wasn't one of them. This very well could have changed since then, based on the knowledge of Suzuki-san being in the area around the same time, I think it's looking plausible. Either way we are going to see something soon, that much we know. Fingers crossed for PSX though.

Without a doubt, I'm with you. It also wasn't said it wouldn't be there, just that it was not mentioned alongside many confirmed titles which didn't seem hopeful at the time. But like we said, many things change last minute with these shows, for better or worse. Fingers crossed, I still feel hopeful.
Luckily this all kind of gels with what we know from Cedric about working to meet a deadline, so I'm not surprised it didn't show on a list of confirmed titles a few months ago. Possibly wouldn't even show on a list generated now, depending on when the submission deadline is. If we get the trailer, it's coming in hot.

But yeah, all we can do now is hope for the best. There are compelling reasons why it could, and should be there, but this deadline obstacle isn't something they can work around.

It's Schrödinger's Shenmue!
by Spaghetti
Wed Nov 23, 2016 4:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

2am I should get some sleep but the excitement has completely taken over. I can't stop refreshing the cache and feelng happy at seeing no changelogs.

Fuck this is actually the first I've been a sad twat, constantly refreshing something since the E3 topic pf 2004, and the Adam Doree topic back in 2005.

But I watched the old members gallery video earlier, and it was a stark reminder of how long we have been here, where we have came from, and what we have gone through to get here. We are on the cusp of something we have desired for almost 15 years. Fuck!!!
by Peter
Mon Nov 28, 2016 10:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

During the Kickstarter we had to fight all the bullshit media that claimed Shenmue III was first party. It's not, it's being developed by Neilo and YS.NET; two companies that have nothing to do with Sony. Sony are only publishing the PS4 version so I don't think it'll have a panel. The success of Shenmue isn't really that much of an important factor for Sony compared to first party titles like Death Stranding possibly some new Naughty Dog games.
by Jibby
Wed Nov 30, 2016 7:14 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Rikitatsu wrote: 9 Hours...

As we inch closer to the conference, my hype is slowly being converted to anxiousness.

Will the trailer disappoint?

Please don't disappoint

by iyapol
Sat Dec 03, 2016 5:04 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: PAYPAL SUPPORT FOR SHENMUE 3 NOW LIVE!

It's possible. Then again, based on Cedric's recent Tweet (and I know I said we should take what he says now with a pinch of salt), it might be something else they close the year out on with new screens/vids.

They should just bite the bullet and get it back up ASAP. They're losing money if they don't.

Cedric said we should not see a big update before december so it makes sense but, a trailer?
I don't think the kickstarter page it's the best place for a re-reveal, that's why so much dissapoint with no psx presence :???:
by Hazuki00
Sun Dec 04, 2016 12:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: No Shenmue 3 Until E3 2017!!!

We're not going to have to wait till E3. Unless something drastically changes, the next Kickstarter update will include the footage Peter and I saw on the bus. After Yu showed us the footage, he said everyone would be seeing it (and more) "in December." He never specified PSX, but Peter and myself clearly thought that's what he meant. The last $10,000 dinner was already confirmed for San Francisco on the week of PSX, so it seemed like a no-brainer. But this goes to show that we should never expect anything until we have 100% official facts, no matter how logical what we're expecting may seem. Let's keep a cool head and wait a few more weeks! We'll see this month's update sooner than usual, I'd imagine. The team should be afforded a good holiday break, so they won't even be there to update on the very last day again.
by LanDC
Tue Dec 06, 2016 2:02 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I asked again when an update may drop:

We are glad to give all we can. There should be an update before Christmas, likely within two weeks time.

Thank you again for your support and feedback.

Kindest Regards,
Joel & the Shenmue III Team

Probably going to drop on the 22nd, considering the 23rd is a public holiday in Japan.
by Spaghetti
Thu Dec 08, 2016 1:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Rikitatsu wrote:P.S: Where can I contact them?

Through Kickstarter or by email: [email protected]
by Let's Get Sweaty
Fri Dec 09, 2016 8:41 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What ~*May*~ Be Coming in December's Kickstarter Update

@SuzukiYu
They got an AM2 character modeler on their team, the guy who made the original Shenhua model, so let's hope for the best.

And prepare for the worst
yes i know but he is just one of the modelers.
http://i674.photobucket.com/albums/vv104/YuSuzuki/Untitled1_1.png

he's involved with the passport disk though
http://i674.photobucket.com/albums/vv104/YuSuzuki/Untitled2_1.png

i am hoping for the best of course.
by Suzuki Yu
Sat Dec 10, 2016 11:47 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Voice Acting

As a non-native English speaker, I also agree with Yokosuka.

Yes, there are weird lines and hilarious accents, but in general, the way characters talk in Shenmue 1 & 2 felt more realistic, than say, Uncharted or TLoU. It probably has to do with the script though.

In Uncharted/TLoU, everyone is trying to outsnark the other, and almost every line is written to sound 'cool"...
In Shenmue, NPCs talk the way I expect real people to talk... No snark, no pretension, people are moderately polite.

That is my take as a non-native English speaker, and I'm sure Native Speakers will disagree with me.

I also think the over the top accents and hilarious lines are part of the fun, and they never ever bothered me

I'm a native speaker and I totally agree with you. Sure, you can argue that many of the voice actors for Shenmue I weren't "good" (whatever that means), but they have this comfortable familiarity about them that I've rarely seen in other games. For anyone who doesn't understand what I mean, watch a sitcom and pay attention to how the actors talk. You'll find that it is very different from how people actually carry on conversations.
by Mr357
Sat Dec 10, 2016 5:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What ~*May*~ Be Coming in December's Kickstarter Update

The Famitsu screens are a vast improvement over the garbage stock models they had in place during the E3 reveal. They’re definitely on the right track, IMO.
(Granted, they could’ve simply lifted Kid Nocon’s awesome model, had they opted for simplicity.)

That aside, does anyone else get the impression they’re trying to make Ryo look younger?
(ie closer to looking like a 17 year-old)

He does look younger. I mean, he is supposed to be a kid. Problem is that the established design and voice acting gives him a maturity that exceeds his years.

I dunno. He seems like an 18 year old to me. Have you ever seen highly athletic 18 year olds? Ryo fits them to a tee.
by Himuro
Sun Dec 11, 2016 1:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue III PC pre-orders begin on December 15 !!!

Update is now live, so as I said, I'd post the comparison to show Ryo has been photoshopped:

Basically, the face isn't ready to show. Ryo's arms and legs look less spindly than they did during the reveal, though.
by Spaghetti
Wed Dec 14, 2016 11:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Kickstarter Update #63: Campaign and Progress Update

Well, they HAD a trailer and showed it to the fans so I can't really tell if it's perfectionism, fear of the press, backlash or a PR/marketing thing.

I wouldn't know. Apparently there aren't many UE developers in japan, but at the same time, it's what they say they have already almost cooked... I don't know looking at the temple screen, the texturing doesn't look too good in things that should be easy fix (pretty much tesselation, heightmaps or parallax occlusion can do the work).

I'm just happy that the thing is coming, and I don't know if I would like an update "well, this thing it's harder to make than what I thought" even if it's sincere, I don't know, I'll just wait my doubts out.

It's a fact that there are a lot of wrong things in the temple screen. Random generated mountains, no bump mapping, ugly 2D vegetation, low res texture. Even the lightning is pretty generic, like if a student played with the saturation sliders of UE4.
The one with the minigame is strange as well. It's photo-realistic but there is absolutely no art direction in this. The other screen with the fight is cool and reminds the Shenmue II pre-ragdoll attempts but there are also a lot of odd things there.

That's really weird because, as you said, plenty of things could have done more proprely in 2 minutes. I wonder if Suzuki just wants to play with our nerves and is willing to prepare a huge surprise after all.
by Yokosuka
Thu Dec 15, 2016 3:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Kickstarter Update #63: Campaign and Progress Update

It's really dishonest to sum up my argumentation by a "lack of bump-mapping", especially for making valuable your attitude in the previous week. But as I just promised, I'm not reopening the arena. Please read the entirety of my critics next time.
by Yokosuka
Fri Dec 16, 2016 12:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What kind of minigames do you think will be in this game

I sure hope they don't put mini-games that doesn't mesh well with the game's setting just to please the fans. If forklifts are too urban for Chobou, then I'd rather not see them. Nor an arcade.

I'm guessing there will be board games, gambling... Maybe some mini-game that has something to do with farming in Bailu. I can't remember exactly, but Shenhua said something about a job in Shenmue 2 that involves the fields, I forgot what she said, but I remember thinking "I bet I'm going to work there when I arrive at Bailu".
yup i don't think something like an arcade center would fit in SIII settings. you know what? after thinking about it even something like Arm Wrestling might not fit with the culture & traditions there.
Shenmue 2 has a complete different feel to it compared to Shenmue 1 and i believe Shenmue 3 would be an even more of a different experience compared to the rest of the games.
by Suzuki Yu
Sat Dec 17, 2016 7:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

4Gamer.net Yu Suzuki Interview

4Gamer.net interviews annually celebrities from the gaming industry, asking each one questions on the retrospective of that year and future aspirations, and Yu Suzuki was one of the 149 celebrities interviewed this year. There are four questions asked for each celebrity, and here is Yu Suzuki's part of the interview, published on December 28:

*As Japanese is not my forte, I'll not attempt to translate the questions and answers word by word (Switch or Axm can absolutely do a better job than me). I'll do my best with my basic knowledge of the language and whatever software translator I can conjure up, so sorry for any possible mistakes on translating the following.

https://s27.postimg.org/7qboxp31f/4gamer_1.png

The first question is basically about what game most impressed Yu in 2016.

His answer was that because of the development of Shenmue 3, he didn't have time to play anything. But given what he saw in TGS, he liked the in-game colors from "Horizon Zero Dawn", the control mechanics from "God of War" and the UI and effects from "Assassin's Creed". Yu also mentions having ordered "Final Fantasy XV".

https://s23.postimg.org/893tnm7q3/4gamer_2.png

The second question is about Yu's opinion on the most impressive piece of entertainment released in 2016.

Yu answers that he has been focused on watching Chinese and South Korean period movies and dramas, because of Shenmue. He then cites the Chinese movies "Reign of Assassins" (2010) and "The Grandmaster" (2013), praising and repeatedly re-watching the techniques and sense of speed used in those action titles for research.
As for 2016, Yu mentions the Japanese blockbuster hits "Shin Godzilla" and the anime movie "Your Name", describing "Shin Godzilla" as giving off a sense of Japanese cultural pride and "Your Name" a representation of pure love in this day and age.

https://s23.postimg.org/rnz0tx3ff/4gamer_3.png

The third question asks of Yu to name a person or people that he's been following (in the news) in 2016.

He names Japanese table tennis player Jun Mizutani, and billiards players Jeffrey Ignacio and Naoyuki Oi.

https://s30.postimg.org/bc0kdpioh/4gamer_4.png

For the last question, it's asked what is Yu's aspirations for 2017 and a message for the 4Gamer readers.

Yu mentions Shenmue 3, as research and development advances, it reached the point where you can imagine the final image of the various elements coming together in the game. Yu has many things he'd like to share with us, like characters, environments and mini games, but he will do so in a gradual manner going forward in 2017. He asks all of us to continue supporting the project.

Source: http://www.4gamer.net/games/000/G000000/20161208073/index_8.html#ys_suzuki
by sand4fish
Wed Dec 28, 2016 5:40 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Size and detail of the world

I recall a year or so ago Suzuki compared Choubu in scale to Kowloon, and this is a while after he compared it to Dobuita, so I guess he may have changed the size of it. Perhaps after it made $6 million instead of $2 million? We also know that the forest around Bailu is going to be 4x4 km.
I think the Kowloon comparison wasn't about the size, but more about the density and general aesthetics.
I can't find the link, but I'm 99% sure it was in reference to "scale".

Yu refers to Kowloon in the China conference video:

YS: "In Shenmue 2 we had Kowloon. [...] I'd like to make an area like that, that's large and maze-like. I want to include a river-side town similar to Kowloon."

https://youtu.be/YNkaLCzL6Z8?list=PLOMn2ijJRJPFKk7AXotcBQKXcYU5DLgVP&t=2231
by Switch
Thu Jan 05, 2017 9:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: S3 gameplay - Movement style and controls

Briefly my idea of Shenmue 3 movement would be as follows:

Full 360 3d movement and 360 camera movement by default, aka Yakuza, LA noire etc BUT;

Exact controls:
L stick - 360 3d movement walk/jog

no no... NO!
the camera should stick behind Ryo all the fucking time except for zoom into objects just like it was before.
and they should stick with Tank control not 360 degree movement crap.

seriously if Suzuki san changes a lot of the control scheme i will start to question if he really knows what he is doing anymore.. yup design wise it's THAT of a crucial part that was serving an important rule to immerse the player.
and this is not nostalgically speaking this will truly hurt part of strong immersion known in the series.

i stated before in one of the topics related to the subject that all they need to do really is simply assign the right analog for camera(head) movement and the actual movement should be optional between D-pad/left analog.
some minor additions would be sweet as well like touch pad for the note pad as you stated.
that's all about it.
by Suzuki Yu
Thu Apr 27, 2017 12:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: S3 gameplay - Movement style and controls

no no... NO!
the camera should stick behind Ryo all the fucking time except for zoom into objects just like it was before.
and they should stick with Tank control not 360 degree movement crap.

I think this would be a recipe for getting savaged in reviews. Keep tank controls as an option but have an updated control scheme as default. There's a reason why they're called "tank" controls and not "natural human motion" controls. This is supposed to be a game for millions of people, not just the players from the Dreamcast era. It should be possible to cater to both.
i don't care about the reviewers and what they might think is necessary for modern controls.
i don't agree with anyone saying the "Tank" control is outdated! it's a design choice that could fit/not fit with the game associated with.
there is a reason why the previous games controlled that way (body movement & camera movement) and if it's not for the lack of the left analog on the Dreamcast controller it would be absolutely a perfect controls for the series.
everything about the movement and camera makes you feel like you are Ryo you are in his shoes and you are observing your surroundings. being able to move the camera around Ryo and in front of his face rather than controlling his head will make you lose a lot of this sensation.
and i am completely against your point regarding the "natural human motion" too
for example take a look at this video at (09:23) basically most of the games (if not all of them) using this so called modern controls the character would act like this when you rotate him.
https://youtu.be/xkN9oru-qCQ?t=563
how can anyone consider this as a natural human motion and Ryo's motion is not! Ryo's motions are more natural than most of the games i played in my entire life! you feel his weight and feel his body parts moving around accurately.
by Suzuki Yu
Thu Apr 27, 2017 3:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue III Update #67: Developer Room Update 3

People who aren't satisfied with the model, can you elaborate in detail why? Most of the posts I've read were "It doesn't feel like Shenmue" or "It's too cartoony"... I'm trying to understand why people would think so, and the only thing I can see is the skin shader being a little plasticky... That's pretty much it. And that is something that can easily be improved.

The face, proportions, and clothing are fine.The overall design is 100% the Shenmue I know and love. They translated the design from concept art to 3D model incredibly well. He is supposed to be this weird, overly muscular character with a creepy smile, I can't imagine him looking better than he already does in 3D. This bodes well for the rest of the characters, I say.
i can't agree more.

i think they did a phenomenal job with this Model to the point i am so confident right now more than ever that the rest of the models will get the exact great & detailed treatment that this model has. and therefore i can't wait to see the familiar characters and how they would look like using the new technology.

some people here are bringing up the old shitty placeholder models and argue about it as if the new model is in the same category? no it's not it's faaaaaaaaaaar superior! it's not even has to be refined a lot in the final product.

as a matter of fact i was really concerned with what we saw before and even though i knew those were placeholders i was questioning myself if the team had what it takes to make great modeling job until i saw this video! in fact this video is one of the best videos they released so far for this reason.

https://s15.postimg.org/4futp723f/demforearms.png
https://static.gamespot.com/uploads/screen_kubrick/mig/5/4/5/7/2105457-169_wwe_all_stars_video_review_multi_040111_1.jpg

Proportions are far from fine in my opinion. I feel like in the past the 3D modelers tried to ground the concept art (the Joy example was good), but now they make it look even more outlandish hence it doesn't mesh well with the environment.

http://i.imgur.com/m0q9953.jpg

i don't see the problem really regarding the proportions.
this guy supposed to be incredibly muscular based on the original artwork. (it's not like real men can't be like this) and they did a phenomenal job translating that into 3D. does anyone supposed to be like that? of course not. but the message i am getting from this video is that whomever is responsible for this model know his work very well and can do a great job at the other characters. even the body animation was superb.

as for the character in that picture being out of place?
first of all you can't just take a random background picture of the game which is unfinished yet and mash it up with this new model! you made this picture out of place.
secondly i am far more pleased with the work done in this model than the environment in that picture, the latter need more work not the other way around.
by Suzuki Yu
Tue May 30, 2017 9:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

In my opinion, the modeling of this new character is incredible, much better than the last version of Ryo that we saw in March. Which makes me think that when they show the definitive model of Ryo will impress us.

This character has an incredible amount of detail, far superior to the Shenmue passport. And all this still unfinished and without animations. The artist who is doing this really knows what he is doing.

You may or may not like the style of the character, but you can not deny what a good job. I really want to see characters like Ren or Xiuying.

On the other hand, if they definitely delay the game, I hope they show a video that leaves us with our mouths open and with a bit of luck we can have the demo this year.
by Hazuki00
Wed May 31, 2017 6:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Here is the older version of this guy with higher forehead. This is just a paint job in 30sec....

http://fs5.directupload.net/images/170531/ktbjic6g.jpg
dude, he is still waaaay too serious and bold.
this goes completely against the original concept of the character that they are trying to craft.

i know what you are trying to get here but come on people it's not like this style doesn't exist in the originals
i mean look at this guy's face
http://static.tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pub/images/douniu.jpg
explain to me how the approach with this design is considered far away from the new character design?

and look how big he is compared to poor Ryo
https://i.ytimg.com/vi/4TEfWRWvYd4/maxresdefault.jpg

the fucking thing is HUGE!
by Suzuki Yu
Wed May 31, 2017 9:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue III @Gamescom '17 Discussion - Three Weeks Remai

Three weeks still to the gamescom, it looks like a never end! Sometimes it seems like a dream that we are going to see Shenmue 3, I never lost faith but It was almost impossible for me and now we are only three weeks to see it properly!

How will look like Shenhua, Ryo and the "old" characters?
How will it be to play with the new free battle mode after Suzuki's new ideas?
How big will be the game compared to Shenmue 2?
Will the NPCs have their own daily routines as they had in previous games?
How will look like the NPCs?
I have tons of questions!

I have most of these questions covered, in one way or another. But if you have tonnes, by all means say. Anyone can think of any questions they can think of then knock yourselves out. But think about them from the point of view of them being questions he can answer. There's no point asking him, "uuhh, when's the rewards going out?". Those are Awesome Japan's & Fangamers responsibility.

Got my press pass approved this morning. Now time to make plans.

Great news! I wish I can be there too... :)

Shame we can't catch up during the public days, but hope you have fun!

There'll hopefully be free wifi available throughout the showfloor, so I'll try to see if I can get some live streaming set up. (http://www.gamescom-cologne.com/gamescom/for-visitors/Infoscout-WiFi/index.php)

In any case I'll post or tweet (@yuc2002) what I see during the public days as soon as I can, so keep your eyes peeled!

We should be able to catch up I am sure. I am just not trying to have a set plan for the duration. Running around to meet people at specific times just adds pressure to it, so communicating over there, with all Shenmue fans is the way to go. It keeps things organic, and we are all going to be in the same location over the 3 days so it's not going to be difficult. Plus, we need to wait on more info from YSNET regarding meetings and whatnot.

I may stream live to the SD Facebook page. It's just an idea at the moment, again, nothing set in stone. I could do a video recap live. Or just stream footage live from the Shenmue booth etc. Even though theres the industry day, the business area is also open for 3 days just like the public areas so it gives me plenty of time to scope it out and put a plan together.
Say for example, if I get a feel for the booth, it's environment, I could say, "Can't get access to the business area to see Shenmue? No problem! Tune into SD Facebook tomorrow for a live hosting of their booth and what goes on during this event."

I may not be allowed to do that, but we will see. It's just one idea of many.
by Peter
Sun Aug 06, 2017 9:53 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Who needs Shenmue 3?

I swear to god, the (usually RGG) fanboys that every time feel the need to push this "the Yakuza and Shenmue series shouldn't coexist because my favourite one is so much better and then nobody needs the other" stupid argument are like the most dumb and obtuse people ever.

Yes, they share a lot of superficial similarities, they're both free roaming games set in Japan/Asia with occasional fightings, but that's kinda it, they're deeply different, but this doesn't make one series or another objectively better, you can actually enjoy both, like i guess most people on this site do.

I'm sure that the OP article is well written and on point, still i highly dislike shameless and unnecessary clickbait headlines, so i refuse to open that link.
by Verderame
Thu Aug 10, 2017 3:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: New Ryo & Shenhua models from press release

The real Ryo for me, the ingame one:
:heart:
by Yokosuka
Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Update #78: Then, Now and Tomorrow

it took almost two years to make "acceptable" models of the two main characters
No.
https://i.imgur.com/wA6BCYT.png
facial expressions and animations are not done yet,
No.
https://i.imgur.com/aU5uvwg.png
we now have fewer characters than what's been initially announced
No.
https://i.imgur.com/KcaxwNI.png
the new fighting system will be puzzle-based and more aimed towards causal players so we can kiss anything close to the decent fighting system of Shenmue and Shenmue II goodbye,
No.
https://i.imgur.com/WI2SBFl.png
and finally another delay is highly expected.
No.
https://i.imgur.com/hfAKxEl.png

I'm struggling to find a statement in your post that even resembles reality. Maybe that it won't look like a AAA blockbuster? (No shit). It's beyond me how you've been unbanned. You're either a troll or nuts.

Feel free to disagree with everything I say, but this is my own opinion and everyone's entitled to have one.
by Technophilz
Mon Dec 25, 2017 9:13 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

"Immersion": Yu Suzuki's Keyword for 2018

Japanese website Famitsu.com has carried out their annual survey, interviewing 107 game creators to ask their resolution for the year ahead and personal direction for 2018.

https://i.imgur.com/kxIOEHjm.jpg

I've posted up an English translation of Yu Suzuki's responses on the Phantom River Stone blog. His keyword for the coming year is "immersion" as he will be devoting all his energy to the Shenmue III project.
http://www.phantomriverstone.com/2017/12/yu-suzukis-keyword-for-2018-immersion.html
by Switch
Sat Dec 30, 2017 2:03 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Random Shenmue III Thoughts

Considering that most people's objections to Shenmue_Legend's tweets is that they're embarrassing for the fan base (and potentially the game/developers by association), I'm not sure how this was supposed to help, sutoji.
by Let's Get Sweaty
Fri Jan 05, 2018 9:28 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Why have I been banned? I thought it was a 7 day suspension?
You will forever be banned, you are not welcome here. No matter how many accounts you make because all you do is annoy others with your trolling and pestering others on Twitter.

According to the IP checks, you and Shenmue_Legend are one and the same.

I haven't got time for your split personality, so do one.
by Sonoshee
Wed Jan 10, 2018 4:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

You are not authorised to read this forum.
by Guest

Jump to topic

That's an Unreal Engine thing, isn't it?

Not really... it's art direction, not the engine. Games running on UE4, Unity, or any other modern engine can look as realistic or as stylized as the developers choose.

With regard to Shenmue, I guess it goes back to the discussion we had previously wherein it was revealed that many people in 1999 apparently thought Shenmue was the most realistic game they'd ever seen, even though almost all the textures are painted and many of the characters are stylized. Personally I prefer stylized art direction (Jet Set Radio being my favorite) and it seems to hold up over the years better than attempts at photorealism. But I also appreciate the drive for photorealism because it continues to push the technology.
by Centrale
Sun Mar 18, 2018 11:09 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

|Shenmue 3 Hype| Shenmue Combo/FREE Battle Compliation

phpBB [video]

In celebration for Shenmue III coming out this year(God willing), I've compiled up a combo video showing off the amazing Virtua Fighter FREE Battle System featured in Shenmue I and Shenmue II. Let's get sweaty!
by TheKenjitoMaster
Mon Mar 05, 2018 9:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Corey Marshall currently set to record VO in late May

So exciting to think that Corey Marshall willsoon be sitting in a studio, somewhere in the world, recording for nothing less than Shenmue 3. Yes, Shenmue 3 :D
by Hyo Razuki
Thu Mar 22, 2018 5:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

New Shenmue III pics from THQ Nordic financial presentation

Small clip of new footage...! We get to see the little girl introduced in MAGIC 2018 in motion, and a small clip of Ryo in a village. And I mean small. It is from today's THQ Nordic financial presentation: https://tv.streamfabriken.com/thq-nordic-cmd-2018?seek=4323

Skip to the slides where they briefly talk about Shenmue. Around slide 20.

EDIT: looks like (what I hope to be) old, outdated Ryo and Shenhua models in a slightly different Gamescom teaser. Interesting stuff.

Example:

https://preview.ibb.co/kD0jgJ/Untitled.png

Images added to OP. Thanks to Rikitatsu and Kiske for the images below .

https://i.imgur.com/cPAxFjc.png

https://i.imgur.com/aywXLpy.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/a0btjNu.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/Ii4ygCX.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/IYQWwRM.jpg

Video added

https://youtu.be/rXkThIMfP0M
by Supa
Thu May 17, 2018 12:01 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: New Shenmue III pics from THQ Nordic financial presentat

So much progress has already been made. One more year and this game will finally be ready.

by WildManofBorneo
Fri May 18, 2018 3:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I've been with contact with Robert Pontow from Deep Silver, who is working on Shenmue 3.
I told him about Eric Kelso, Paul Lucas, and Lisle Wilkerson, and how they want to return to Shenmue 3. This is his reply:

Hi, thanks for contacting me. Would you have any email addresses of the voice actors, their agents or any other means of contacting them? Unfortunately I wouldn't be able to discuss anything over FB, so we would need to take an official way to get in contact with the voice actors. But I am sure that Yu Suzuki would be happy if we can secure the same crew for Shenmue 3. Best regards

This means there is hope yet. I will try to find a way to get in touch with those three, I'll tweet Shenmue AM2 podcast who had been in touch with them recently. If you guys know anything that might help, let me know too

This also confirms my suspicion that they didn't know that the VA's wanted to return

I was talking to Eric this morning. Him, Paul and Lisle have been concerned for a few months now. They talk once a month and still haven't heard a word. Eric has his schedule cleared for the entire year waiting.

those who want to see Eric Kelso, Paul Lucas and Lisle Wilkerson (@lisleweapon) return for 3, please tweet requests to the following:

@deepsilver
@KochMediaNordic
@yu_suzuki_jp
@CedricBiscay

thanks
by johnvivant
Thu May 24, 2018 6:13 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: PAYPAL SUPPORT FOR SHENMUE 3! PRE-ORDER FOR PS4/PC!

So I decided to get another Digital copy through the slacker backer, after paying the only thing I get is the PayPal receipt on my E-mail. No confirmation from YsNET, no survey... It's been 5 days and still nothing. Is this normal or should I contact them?

It's normal other than the lack of survey. Head over to here and see if you can request your survey https://fulfillment.fangamer.com/kindling/shenmue3/resend_survey
I did this, and it sent me this mail:

LOOKING IN DATABASE
HAIKU BOT DID NOT FIND IT.
TRY DIFFERENT EMAIL.
Hey there,

We did not find any surveys matching this email. Perhaps you may have used a different email address? You can try again with a different email on the Survey Support and Survey Resender.

:cry:

it takes 10 business days from pledge date to get survey:

*Backers will receive an email with instructions for the survey once preparations are complete. Surveys from Fangamer will be sent within 10 business days from the date of your pledge.
by johnvivant
Tue Jul 24, 2018 10:32 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: PAYPAL SUPPORT FOR SHENMUE 3! PRE-ORDER FOR PS4/PC!

So I decided to get another Digital copy through the slacker backer, after paying the only thing I get is the PayPal receipt on my E-mail. No confirmation from YsNET, no survey... It's been 5 days and still nothing. Is this normal or should I contact them?

It's normal other than the lack of survey. Head over to here and see if you can request your survey https://fulfillment.fangamer.com/kindling/shenmue3/resend_survey
by Reprise
Tue Jul 24, 2018 9:38 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic