Search found 121 matches

Return

Re: Others that are upping their Pledge on the third?

I know what I say here will make no difference as the whole of this site seems to be intent on this "$30 dollars on the 3rd thing”.
I came up with the idea, so I’ll tell you where I’m coming from and hopefully that will give you a better feel of why I think this is a good idea.

1. Most Shenmue fans aware of the kickstarter will have already have pledged as much as they can afford
3. The whole thing is insulting for the fans who can't afford to up their pledge
Anywhere that I’ve posted a big explanation of the campaign I’ve tried to be clear about this: If you’ve pledged all you can, you’ve done an awesome job and you are highly appreciated in your efforts to help us fund Shenmue. The last thing I want someone to do is to feel discouraged because they can’t give more than others. And I definitely don’t want anyone to let their household’s finances slide or go into debt just to help video game. Real life is so much more important than a video game. So I hope no one thinks I, or anyone else, is pressuring them into squeezing any more money out of their budgets. I only speak from my finances in that I can give up a few fast food meals here and there to get just a few more dollars.

5. Since this new initiative is essentially hijacking the long established tweetathon which uses #SaveShenmue, a slogan Yu Suzuki and his team now also embrace, people may assume this initiative has Yu and his team's blessing (when it doesn't), or was even organized by them themselves, and as such, this runs the risk of reflecting badly on them.
Hijacking? I don’t have a problem with #SaveShenmue but concerning Twitter you’ve got hardly any space to explain anything and half of it is used for @’s. We have #SaveShenmue to thank for just that, saving Shenmue. But now it’s time to look beyond that. We’ve got essentially 30 days to raise as much money as we can for Yu.

As I said, I'm sure no one here will listen, but this idea smacks of desperation and lack of forethought.
Desperation, probably. There’s not one of us on this forum who isn’t desperate for Shenmue. And you’re right, it took no forethought because all the forethought required was “I bet people can add just a few extra dollars on the top of what they’ve pledged.” There were a lot of ideas in the first few days after the announcement. I, and many others, felt like this was the best shot we had to add to Yu’s warchest. And we’re dealing with so little anyway. I had two followers on Twitter when I started this: my wife and my cousin. Now I’ve maybe doubled that, maybe even tripled. I’ve always relied on the Dojo and 500k to do the heavy lifting.

I guess if you can think of another idea that would be more beneficial, by all means, get the ball rolling. $30 on the 3rd was meant to be simple, easy to promote and have a clear deadline.
by elfshadowreaper
Mon Jun 29, 2015 3:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: "$30 on the 3rd" - ROAD TO $10 MILLION

Just a few more days folks! And I've added a Spanish translation to 30onthe3rd.com thanks to user PacemaŜinobo! So tell all your Spanish speaking buddies to check it out. Thanks guys!
by elfshadowreaper
Wed Jul 01, 2015 9:58 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: A suggestion re this fridays q&a with yu Suzuki...

I have access to the Dojo's twitter but I'd probably rather leave putting the most important questions up there up to someone else for now as I'm still not very good with Twitter and we don't want to mess this up.

So you think it will be best to ask the questions on friday, while this is running? It makes sense but I thought it maybe he has by then already picked his questions and will answer them. So maybe it's better to post the question earlier?

I guarantee they will pick some, if not all, questions before hand. They don't want what happened in the Twitch to happen again. I would say we should ask the major questions on Friday afternoon(USA time) and then ask them again that night. We can also ask the smaller questions that night.

I think it'd be good to start asking straight away. I've just downloaded d twitter app. Who do we send the tweets to? Is it @shenmue_3

I'd say #SaveShenmue and #YouaskYu. Definitely #YouaskYu though if space is a problem.

"you canTweet to Yu Suzuki by including the hashtag #YouaskYu in your message along with your question."
by elfshadowreaper
Wed Jul 01, 2015 4:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: A suggestion re this fridays q&a with yu Suzuki...

One question..... and one selfish question only....

Will there be any more dinners added to the $10,000 tier?

Times running out and I am starting to lose hope. I've done everything in my power to make it happen, from contacting every person who could possibly make it a reality, to already selling off some of my most prized gaming treasures, which may turn out to be for absolutely no reason.

Again, a selfish question I know, and I apologise.

Does Cedric know? That's just turning down money if they don't let you. Yu has to eat dinner some time. Maybe they could accept just a private donation non-Kickstarter related and let you go another night. Don't worry about it being selfish, you're not just asking for it to be given to you. You've given up stuff that's important for the opportunity.
by elfshadowreaper
Wed Jul 01, 2015 9:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

$30 on the 3rd - PLAN OF ATTACK

Tomorrow is the big day. I’ve been encouraged to make a thread that will detail our plan of attack. This is the really difficult part because it’s hard to pick a time that’s good for everyone. I’ve decided on UCT 6 p.m. because the main countries representing the Shenmue fanbase seem to be in the Americas and Europe(apologies if I leave your country out of my generalization of the fanbase).

So I’ve calculated the times based on that and included them below. Don’t feel like you have to donate exactly at this time. I’m trying to give us the biggest spike in donations so we make an undeniable impact.

PDT 11 a.m.
MDT 12 p.m.
CDT 1 p.m.
EDT 2 p.m.
———————
UCT 6 p.m.
BST 7 p.m.
CEST 8 p.m.
EEST 9 p.m.

Donating is the easy part. Our other job on the 3rd is to post to Facebook, tweet on Twitter and comment on the Kickstarter page. Make sure to included #SaveShenmue and a link to 30onthe3rd.com to explain the campaign(especially on Twitter as space is a factor). Don’t bother with a $30 on the 3rd hashtag as #SaveShenmue is the fans’ official Shenmue hashtag and is recognizable. I’m going to need Dojo and 500k mods to PLEASE retweet and share the major social media posts. These official groups have the reach we need to boost our posts to the biggest audience. My twitter is @nicknichols2049. Please, join my 9 followers. Joking, I really don’t care about followers as I didn’t care about Twitter until this Kickstarter. I only tell you that so you’ll know the posts that are mine. I’ll be tweeting and posting to Facebook all day.

I’ll also update the 30onthe3rd.com website to show the times to focus our Kickstarter donations. If any of you can translate the times into the other languages that would be VERY helpful. I have no idea how other countries write their time.

This could be the last big push we the Kickstarter gets before the end. And we can’t rely on Awesome Japan to provide incentives for those who have donated to donate more or those who haven’t donated to donate at all.

And please understand me when I say this…This campaign is by no means meant to strong-arm anyone into donating more or make anyone feel like they haven’t done their part. Your responsibility to take care of yourself and your family are of much more importance than a video game and in December 2017 you’ll still have the chance to play the game whether you helped fund it or not.

Dojo mods, please sticky this or post it on the home page for maximum exposure.

This is the time! For Yu!!

Let’s get sweaty!!!
by elfshadowreaper
Thu Jul 02, 2015 3:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: $30 on the 3rd - PLAN OF ATTACK

I just sold $530 worth of LOTR statues and busts(and that's only the tip of the iceberg!) on ebay. May have to up my donation! :D
by elfshadowreaper
Fri Jul 03, 2015 8:41 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 30 on the 3rd: A Roaring Success

It was a victory for Shenmue fans. That's the most important thing. And they didn't coincide thre event with $30 on the 3rd. It was #SaveShenmue. And the physical PS4 was the big money maker. I'd say $30 on the 3rd would have pulled in $60k on its own. But it's so hard to say. Again the important thing is we couldn't have raised $300k+ without the fans devotion to getting the word way! Very well done everyone!

We do need to come up with one more campaign but not devoted to asking people for money. Mail thousands of capsules to the White House? Joking!
by elfshadowreaper
Sat Jul 04, 2015 7:26 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: $60 For PS4 Disc - Road to $10 Million

We should REALLY get mega64 to work with Corey Marshall in something. That would be hilarious.
by elfshadowreaper
Sat Jul 04, 2015 7:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Serious proposal: #30to3point6 - 1/10th of backers donat

If they do open PayPal we can just keep the $30 on the 3rd going along with #saveshenmue. I think throwing too many numbers at people will confuse them. I've got the 30onthe3rd.com hosted on the same host as another of my sites so I can keep that live for as long as we need.
by elfshadowreaper
Sun Jul 05, 2015 1:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Have you made a second Kickstarter account?

I'm maxed out at $250. I've got a mortgage, student loans and a 21 month old. I can't imagine them announcing anything more that will make me increase my pledge. If I had expendable cash, sure. But that's just not the case.
by elfshadowreaper
Tue Jul 07, 2015 5:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Created some hi-res Shenmue logo PNGs for general use.

http://i.imgur.com/MdbHb5F.jpg

Obviously not the mirror version, but this dragon graphic is now done. Will update my original post.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/5333907/shenmueboxart3.png

This one's for Kotaku.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/5333907/shenmueboxart4.jpg

Love it!
by elfshadowreaper
Wed Jul 08, 2015 9:06 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Are you looking forward to checking into Hotel Bird Danc

I look forward to walking into a corner then having to turn around but then walking into a table before finally turning around and leaving the room. Can't wait!
by elfshadowreaper
Wed Jul 08, 2015 11:35 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: We have time: Let's all commit to & promote a 7/15 spike

hey elfshadowreaper

would you be willing to spearhead another fan initiated campaign to promote the final 3 days, since you did such a good job with 30onthe3rd.

call it what you will, but my suggestion is 'The Final Push - Make your dreams come true'

i can see that fans really want a 'thing' to get behind that they can spread the word about and that can create excitement.

i envision several days of 'events'. that could be know collectively as 'the final push'

i don't think we should specify any donation amount but there should be an understanding that this is really a 'last chance' for pledges.

what do you think?

I've been trying hard to come up with a final push. The only thing that keeps popping into my mind is "The Final Blow."

I'll try to get a logo tonight. I won't be home until late though.
by elfshadowreaper
Wed Jul 08, 2015 4:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: We have time: Let's all commit to & promote a 7/15 spike

Thank you! I'll make a post later tonight when I get home. We'll have our last campaign!
by elfshadowreaper
Wed Jul 08, 2015 5:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The Final Blow - LAST CHANCE FOR SHENMUE 3

Does anyone remember that fight in Shenmue 2 on top of Yellow Head Building when Dou Niu is running toward Ryo with 400 lbs. of force behind him? This is the climax of the Shenmue story thus far. Ryo has one last chance and takes it. He delivers the final counter elbow assault to Dou Niu.

http://www.30onthe3rd.com/images/dounui.jpg

With that one blow the next phase of his journey can continue without interference.

We are on top of that roof right now with the Shenmue 3 Kickstarter. This campaign is our Dou Niu. In order to give Yu Suzuki the chance to make the best Shenmue 3 possible we have to deliver that blow.

As I’ve said many times before, if you’ve donated to this Kickstarter you are a Shenmue saint. If you can squeeze out a little more from your budget great! If not, no worries, you've done your part and I know Yu is grateful. But if you’re holding out for PayPal, don’t! We have one last chance to make this happen. Don’t be deceived into assuming PayPal will happen. It very well could become a reality after the Kickstarter. But we just don’t know. All we know for sure is this Kickstarter ends July 17th. It all comes down to that day: The Final Blow.

Here is our new campaign logo:
http://www.30onthe3rd.com/images/tfb_logo.jpg
So spread the word far and wide. This is a critical period at end of the campaign when decisive action is needed. Pledge or upgrade your pledge NOW! - or possibly lose your chance forever! The quality and scale of Shenmue 3 is dependent on the Kickstarter’s overall success. The fate of Shenmue is in OUR hands now. Make your dreams come true!
#SaveShenmue #TheFinalBlow

EDIT
The website http://www.30onthe3rd.com/finalblow is now live! Let me know if you have any translations or corrections. I'll try to get the various timezone times up ASAP.
by elfshadowreaper
Thu Jul 09, 2015 8:45 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The Final Blow - LAST CHANCE FOR SHENMUE 3

Yeah, I considered that too, although the KS ends Friday at 18.51hrs Pacific Time, which for 90% of the world is plenty late as the US West Coast is behind the rest of the Americas / Europe / world (except Hawaii). In Europe it'd actually be the 18th by that time and even for the West Coast it's reasonably late to allow people to remember. But, to be safe it could be made the 16th --- and let the 17th take the spill.

Yeah, I don't think we should concentrate on a specific time to donate. We need to just push the last day or two.

I do think "$30 on the 3rd" owed a lot of its success to its specific date; it focused people. I like your idea of a guide to upping pledges, I just wonder if a "reminder" of a deadline is strong enough motivation for something called "The Final Blow" (as Himuro said, Kickstarter will be reminding people anyway).

I'm in complete agreement with you. $30 on the 3rd is only considered a huge success because of the already established day thunderclap day and with the announcement of the physical PS4 reward. So I don't take credit at all for the enormous haul the 3rd brought in. But I'm still very happy with my $30 on the 3rd campaign.
by elfshadowreaper
Thu Jul 09, 2015 1:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Guys, I've updated the logo. It adds the days (Thursday & Friday) and makes the title pop a little more.

by elfshadowreaper
Sun Jul 12, 2015 3:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

i've noticed on twitter that Team Yu are setting up an event on the 15th called 'Quick Timed Event'
http://teamyu.net/Shenmue.III?action=qte

they want all shenmue fans to go that page at a certain time on that date 'and make a few clicks', doesn't go into specifics other than there will be prizes. they even mention 'final blow to the kickstarter'
http://s15.postimg.org/ctjh2ci2j/QTE.png

Weird. Definitely looks like they took the general idea and ran with it. But that's fine. I think there's been a lot of hostility since $30 on the 3rd from some of the founders of #SaveShenmue because they felt I was highjacking the established tweetathon. I've just been trying to get the ball rolling with $30 on the 3rd and Final Blow. If someone wants to do their own thing that's fine. We're all in this for Shenmue. I'm interested in what the clicks will do.
by elfshadowreaper
Sun Jul 12, 2015 4:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Keep this in mind when watching the Kickstarter finish!

How did Joel Tess go from a pariah to an idol? He was all that was wrong with the world after the first twitch. So why is he remembered so fondly now? I don't hate the guy but I think his actions certainly hindered the campaign.
by elfshadowreaper
Thu Jul 16, 2015 7:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Any rules up in this place?

Thief wrote: Don't be posting fake nonsense news about how Shenmue III is gunna be announced at e3 or nothin'. That shit will get you banned real quick.

Get your facts straight. It's Half Life 3. That's why Yu posted the forklift. Forklifts will be necessary to move crates of Half Life 3 copies.
by elfshadowreaper
Fri Jul 24, 2015 4:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Paypal Update... Sort Of

There are reasons yes, none of which I am personally privy to. But you can imagine our situation is is slightly more complicated than your average Kickstarter.

Somehow I think this is referring to investors. There's no reason to start a Paypal if Coca-Cola(just an example) wants to give Yu $15 million go have Coke machines spread throughout China. It would be bad practice. Kickstarter is different because it's the initial push to show interest AND raise money.
by elfshadowreaper
Fri Jul 24, 2015 10:20 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Why bother with monogamous relationships at all?

Celebrating five years of marriage with my wife today I have to say: marriage is one of the best things that's happened to me. And sure the government has its say in what happens in marriage, but I see it as me binding myself to my wife for all eternity. I love her with all my heart. Do we have arguments? Yes. Do we agree on everything? No. Go talk to someone who is 90 and celebrating their 50th wedding anniversary and ask them do they regret getting married.

It seems like so many people discount getting married because they don't see that in their future and it's better to criticize it rather than to face their own self doubt and realize it's just not the right time.

And don't get me started on kids. My daughter hung the moon and stars. I would do anything for her. Why? Because I'm her daddy and her daddy loves her. You say having kids doesn't make sense. Of course not from a financial standpoint. But if that's your basis for everything in life, have a good life! That is the most selfish way of thinking. And I'm all about saving money. But having children shouldn't be a question answered solely on finances.

And if you're a teenager I don't want to hear your opinion about marriage and children. Grow up and I'll listen then.
by elfshadowreaper
Fri Aug 14, 2015 5:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Amazing Acts of Kindness from Strangers

I can't think of any that happened to me off the top of my head but once when my wife and I went to Disney World there was a little boy, probably around 7 years old, crying at the front turnstiles of Magic Kingdom and I thought, "Nobody cries at Disney World." So I asked him what was wrong. It was obvious he was really upset, but I guess in the hustle and bustle of people trying to enter the park, nobody noticed him. He told me he lost his dad. So I went to a cast member and told them the boy's father was lost(children aren't lost at Disney, only parents). I stayed with him until they could find his dad. Turns out, "Dad of the Year" had gone on into the park without him. I saw the kid later and he was having fun. Felt like smacking the dad though.

I live in the south though, where southern hospitality is a part of life. So it would probably take a lot for me to really notice someone going the extra mile. I still hold the door open for women and children, and if it's a guy I'll hold it until they can get it. I guess it goes back to the Golden Rule for me.
by elfshadowreaper
Fri Sep 04, 2015 10:02 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Zelda Wii U Announced

That's pretty disheartening. I think Zelda will be finished this fall but the NX won't be ready to launch. So I think they'll hold the game to put the NX over at launch. They've had ample time to make a full Zelda game. They're stalling.
by elfshadowreaper
Wed Apr 27, 2016 8:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: One Shenmue III Fear i have......

Insanely hard QTE to install.
by elfshadowreaper
Fri Jul 01, 2016 7:09 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: White Leaf?? What is it's purpose?

Maybe you'll have to match it to the tree it came from in a future location for some plot purpose. Iwoa already buried the mirror under the cherry tree at the dojo, maybe that's his MO and the white leaf tree has something buried under it. Hopefully a handgun to easily kill Lan Di.
by elfshadowreaper
Sun Oct 16, 2016 2:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: YSNET officially announce the delay of Shenmue 3.

I don't mind the delay at all. I want them to make a game that won't just be the third game in a trilogy that will always remain a trilogy. I want them to make a game that leads the series to a fourth installment or more if that's what it takes. If ever there was a time to get a game right it's now. So much is riding on Shenmue 3. We don't want to have another situation where we're stuck in a cave except this time it's forever.
by elfshadowreaper
Thu Jun 08, 2017 9:35 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Politics

I think the guy should pursue legal action. CNN clearly blackmailed him for exercising his right to free speech. Is he interested to learn how they got his real name. If they used those investigatory skills into political corruption on BOTH sides they could win back their credibility. But they're too busy trashing Trump at every turn and looking for a redditor who made a gif.
by elfshadowreaper
Thu Jul 06, 2017 8:38 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue 3:My Storyline Speculations [Spoilers]

I think Ryo will be skilled enough to kill Lan Di but he won't. Not at the end of Shenmue 3. Probably at the end of 4 or 5. He will be the one to break the cycle of revenge. Lan Di will also have a change of heart and help Ryo take down Tentei not for revenge but for the sake of protecting the world from the Chiyoumen. Lan Di will likely die in the process. This is how I see the games progressing.

Shenmue 3: Niao Sun
Shenmue 4: Second leader
Shenmue 5: Third leader and Lan Di
Shenmue 6: Tentei
by elfshadowreaper
Wed Aug 23, 2017 9:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Deep Silver investment speculation thread

I think Deep Silver must have been very impressed with what they saw concerning the development of Shenmue 3. They see this as a big investment in their own brand and want to be a part of something as big as Shenmue 3 could be. In order to secure the publishing deal they likely offered to invest more than just publishing the game. This is all speculation of course but everything seems very, very positive for Shenmue 3 and the series as a whole.
by elfshadowreaper
Fri Aug 25, 2017 9:22 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Dengeki and 4Gamer interviews quick translations

Based on other interviews Yu has said...

Chapter 1: Shenmue 1
Chapter 2: Boat to Hong Kong(not in game)
Chapter 3-6: Shenmue 2

I think with Shenmue 2 Yu had to cut a lot from each chapter to get to where he thought that game should end. He said in another interview a couple of years ago it would take 4-5 games to finish the story. So we're looking at Shenmue 5 being the last game. He would have to cut a lot to finish in Shenmue 4.
by elfshadowreaper
Fri Aug 25, 2017 11:01 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I want him to make at the most five games. The longer this series stretches the more likely we'll never know how it ends. If he can finish it in four games and tell the story he wants to tell I would be more than happy. In a perfect world he would get five games or even six if he had enough content. But realistically I think four to five games is all we should expect.
by elfshadowreaper
Fri Aug 25, 2017 12:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I think at this point he's going to make four for sure. He's already talking about production of Shenmue 4 after 3 is finished. They should be able to turn a good profit from 3 because we're the ones funding the majority of it. That should lead comfortably to 4. So if the profit is good for 4 we should be golden. If Shenmue 3 is well received I see Sega pushing its way into the production. I'm not sure how I feel about that. I guess it would be a good thing so long as they give Yu total control.

However, if Shenmue 3 flops I just hope Yu finds some way to at least tell us the rest of the story. I don't see it coming to that though.
by elfshadowreaper
Fri Aug 25, 2017 5:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue III teaser is FINALLY HERE!!

I look at how the studios are coming on board production like Sony and Deep Silver. Granted Sony has been there since the beginning. But whatever Yu has shown must have impressed them.

Have we seen any other franchises that have been revisited after years of being dormant and have companies eager to join production? That wasn't really a question in order to make a point. I'm honestly asking.

I'm keeping my expectations low for Shenmue 3. I honestly don't expect a masterpiece but I don't think it will flop. I think Shenmue 3 is where Yu will gain a foothold with a solid game and a substantial profit which will lead to a much more fully realized Shenmue 4 and 5.

One thing that does concern me is how the gaming media will receive the game. I fully expect the big websites to criticize the game because either 1. They have no history with the franchise or 2. They just enjoy trashing fandoms they are no part of. I wish there was a way we could get out in front of this and let these places know we expect fairness when reviewing Shenmue 3. If it's a bad game, it's a bad game. But if it's a good game after 15+ years of dormancy but it's not the AAA people expect it to be, it's done what the majority of revisited franchises have failed miserably to do.
by elfshadowreaper
Mon Sep 04, 2017 7:21 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Militia Marketing/Ensuring Success

I think whatever we do it needs to involve toy capsules just like with the third of the month campaign. Not sure what we would do. The goal would need to be creating viral buzz with some public demonstration or display. A forklift made out of toy capsules? Sending capsules to GameStops for display?

This topic needs more activity though, because we live in a viral society and if we can capture the gaming world’s attention that would help our little game immensely.
by elfshadowreaper
Fri Sep 22, 2017 9:32 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Lets Talk Shenmue HD

These are exciting times we live in. I hope their sources are correct.
by elfshadowreaper
Sat Sep 23, 2017 8:47 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Lan-Di and red dressed woman in background of teaser!

ahh,well i guess it had been discussed,i thought i might introduce and share some news which was pretty exciting to me.and had never heard of before,i woul;d have liked to include her name(had i actually known it)and included the link if i actually knew how.but i have no inclenation of passing this elitist bar in order to post.and u all wonder why people r so quick to burn shenmue.

Don’t worry about it man. It was buried in another thread. It probably deserved it’s own thread because it was so well hidden. They had to have known what they were doing to include 1/2 if the chiyoumen leaders in the trailer.
by elfshadowreaper
Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Speculation: Shenmue 3 Could've Released in 2003

I don't know. Shenmue and Shenmue 2 were both technically commercial failures and they might not have wanted to risk it. But sega back then was different and they might've just said "f*** it. Let's just do it." They did make Shenmue 2, after all. That was a risk.

Wasn’t Shenmue only a commercial failure because the Dreamcast was a commercial failure? I saw a figure somewhere about the number of Shenmue copies sold being a pretty high percentage of the number of consoles sold. Had the Dreamcast sold better naturally Shenmue would have also. And the cost to develop the sequels would have been much cheaper than Shenmue 1.
by elfshadowreaper
Thu Sep 28, 2017 12:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Yu Suzuki talks about Shenmue 3 and memories

I guess I’m not a real Shenmue fan because I never took the time to follow people and observe their daily routines. But if It’s between all NPCs having routines and full voice acting I’ll choose voice acting.
by elfshadowreaper
Tue Oct 03, 2017 6:57 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The Chi You Men and the legendary Chinese Monster

I hope it stays grounded in reality until the last possible moment. I think about Berserk before the egg thing was used by Griffith. That made such an impact because it was low fantasy until that and then it became high fantasy.
by elfshadowreaper
Mon Oct 09, 2017 7:55 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What you up to nowadays?

MiTT3NZ wrote: Finally finished HIMYM around the same time. Never felt so heartbroken in my life.

My wife and I hated how HIMYM ended. The saving grace was Barney’s final storyline. As the father of a little girl it made me tear up when he was in the hospital. Ted’s ending suuuuucked.
by elfshadowreaper
Thu Oct 19, 2017 3:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Will Shenmue III end on a cliffhanger?

The question is how long will it be until Shenmue 4 is released?
by elfshadowreaper
Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:51 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What we hope to happen in Shenmue III

I know this opinion isn't very popular, but I would like to see the series conclusion with the fourth game. At the very least, have the Ryo vs Lan Di vengeance story arc complete. If they want to branch off into something else, fine, but I want the original main story to be done so that I can have closure after 20 years of waiting.

I came here to say pretty much this. I want some degree of closure in Shenmue 3. Mainly with Lan Di. We all know by now Ryo won’t kill him. I hope 3 settles the score somehow. I don’t think that will happen but I don’t want it to be a Shenmue 2 scenario all over where we wait indefinitely for a sequel. If Shenmue 3 isn’t successful we’ll never get a fourth. Period. The prologue to the first game set up Lan Di as the villain. I want Ryo to defeat that villain in whatever way Yu envisions. In my mind that is the only resolution I care about. Anything else is icing on the cake. I know the story will continue with Tentei but I really only care about Lan Di right now.
by elfshadowreaper
Wed Jan 03, 2018 7:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Lets Talk Shenmue HD

Nobody wants to buy a new game and play the old game bundled with it first. That’s the reason ports HD remakes are so important before Shenmue 3 is released. I honestly don’t expect HD remakes. Ports make more sense from a financial standpoint. I can understand a game like Shadow of the Colossus being completely remade but Shenmue is so much more complicated. A remake would be best but I can’t see SEGA ponying up the money for it.
by elfshadowreaper
Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:57 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic