Search found 112 matches

Return

DREAMS DO COME TRUE!!

Crying.... yep. Just like i was when Shenmue 3 was announced.

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j290/PeterC2005/Shenmue%203%20dinner_zpsnssnyjmg.png

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j290/PeterC2005/Mobile%20Uploads/Screenshot_2015-07-03-17-11-23_zpsfisfrbbt.png

I'M GOING TO MEET YU SUZUKI IN MONACO!! FUCK!!
by Peter
Fri Jul 03, 2015 12:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: KS Update #23 - PS4 physical copy & New reward tiers add

I mean honestly, is this what you want to see as a chiyomen member?

by Jeff
Fri Jul 03, 2015 1:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Kickstarter Blazes Past $4M, New Stretch Goal Unlocked

I increased my pledge by an extra $30 today. I hope everyone also does the same so we can reach more stretch goals! I'm very happy we have reached $4 mil. :D
by SegaMon
Fri Jul 03, 2015 3:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: YOUR picks for the Dojo's #YouaskYu question

The questions have been collected and counted. Since Yu Suzuki follows the Dojo's Twitter and we have high chances to get answers I decided to go a step further and tweet the top 3 most requested and important question.
That is about the fight system, the voiceovers and donations after the Kickstarter is over.

https://twitter.com/Shenmue_Dojo/status/617029898402709504

https://twitter.com/Shenmue_Dojo/status/617031526660894720

https://twitter.com/Shenmue_Dojo/status/617033973320019968
by BlueMue
Fri Jul 03, 2015 2:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: *sigh* Kotaku frontpage. Slow news day.

This entire Shenmue III debacle has made me completely opinionated towards gaming journalists. I mean, before I was apathetic, because who gives a shit, right? But now? I actively don't even want to visit their sites much less give them hits.
by Himuro
Fri Jul 03, 2015 4:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: *sigh* Kotaku frontpage. Slow news day.

Even fellow Kotaku editors be like "What the hell...?"

Image courtesy of Ryo Hazuki from Neogaf:

by ConanTheKing
Fri Jul 03, 2015 5:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: *sigh* Kotaku frontpage. SOMEONE GIVE GAF THESE LINKS

I have talked to Jason Schreier, News Editor of Kotaku about this. He is now posting in the Shenmue thread on GAF. He's not happy about this article at all. Apparently the staff is off this weekend and so this post did not go through normal editorial review process.
by Erevador
Fri Jul 03, 2015 5:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The answer to our YouTuber problem

elfshadowreaper wrote: Makes sense. Oh well.

I know you weren't ill intended. Shenmue's on all our minds right now. We'll get there. :)
by LucBu
Sat Jul 04, 2015 2:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 30 on the 3rd: A Roaring Success

12. Have had bunch of people saying to me on GAF today that even though they haven't played Shenmue, the fan passion has inspired them to pledge for the game.

Link?
Here are just a few of such posts. There are a bunch more...
https://41.media.tumblr.com/c3b20fbe197b6fc3163bc952459c197d/tumblr_nqzfumDvh91tyym0to1_1280.jpg
by Erevador
Sat Jul 04, 2015 5:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: $60 For PS4 Disc - Road to $10 Million

Esspiral has already made this beauty. I'd say it's a good place to start. I'd ask him/her to take off the PEGI logo, though.

by Himuro
Sat Jul 04, 2015 1:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Created some hi-res Shenmue logo PNGs for general use.

http://i.imgur.com/MdbHb5F.jpg

Obviously not the mirror version, but this dragon graphic is now done. Will update my original post.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/5333907/shenmueboxart3.png

This one's for Kotaku.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/5333907/shenmueboxart4.jpg
by ash55
Tue Jul 07, 2015 3:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The Final Blow - LAST CHANCE FOR SHENMUE 3

Ha, i think this is an awesome idea. Some people may disagree, but i say do it. its efforts like this that led to Shenmue 3 being revived in the first place. This is a once in a lifetime opportunity, let's go all out (If you are financially able to)

elfshadowreaper, your contribution to the campaign has been brilliant. Let's go out with a BANG!!!!

Update:

Will you be making another site dedicated to this occasion. Details, dates etc.
by ShenSun
Thu Jul 09, 2015 9:28 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Sorry guys, I've been at work and haven't had a chance to do anything with the image. I don't think I'm going to put the actual time the Kickstarter ends on the graphic because it would get too busy putting all the time zones. I think I'll just put the last three dates of the Kickstarter. And then I'll try to set up 30onthe3rd.com/finalblow

maybe just put the kickstarter end date of the different times zones on the website, and on the first page of this topic.
by johnvivant
Thu Jul 09, 2015 4:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I did some more playing around with a videoclip :lol:
phpBB [video]
by Retroberra
Thu Jul 09, 2015 5:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

#TheFinalBlow - LAST CHANCE FOR SHENMUE 3

http://i.imgur.com/mMkDRRB.png

Last month our dreams were made a reality with the reveal of Shenmue 3 at E3. Over the past twenty five days, many of us have done everything we possibly can to #SaveShenmue and make Yu Suzuki's vision for Shenmue 3 a reality. With the final days of the Kickstarter closing in, Shenhua and Ryo need us now more than ever.

The Shenmue community is therefore undertaking #TheFinalBlow to the Kickstarter from July 15th through 17th . If you haven't pledged - this is the time. If you can raise your pledge - please do so. Those of you holding out for a Paypal option - don't.
Do not look back in regret and think how you could have helped make Shenmue 3 the game it should have been.

Yi - To act without hesitation, to do what is right

Please pledge or upgrade your pledge NOW.
The quality and scale of Shenmue 3 is dependent on the Kickstarter’s overall success.

Spread this message (and the associated hashtags) on Twitter, Facebook, Youtube, Twitch, Instagram, gaming forums... and anywhere else you possibly can .

The future of Shenmue is in our hands... Let's make our voices heard one last time!

Links & Hashtags: #SaveShenmue #TheFinalBlow
30onthe3rd Article | Fate of Shenmue video | Shenmue 3 Kickstarter | Forum Discussion | News Archive
by Sonoshee
Fri Jul 10, 2015 6:35 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: PS4/Sony exclusive (No Sega involvement) speculation

Domosuke wrote:
Thoughts?

I have never seen so much misinformation condensed.
by killthesagabeforeitkillsu
Sat Jul 11, 2015 9:49 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Cedric bomb updates ???

Xbox One won't happen. Even if it did I'm buying a ps4. Sony was first to get the ball rolling. My allegience is now with them. And I'm coming from only owning a 360 which I've been happy with. But it doesn't matter because Xbox One won't happen because this is Sony's show now.

Oddly enough, I feel the same here. I even own an Xbox One. But if it was announced for Xbox One tomorrow, I'd still buy a PS4 for this. They made the move and showed (some) faith. For that, Sony gained a lot of respect for that, as well as that entire E3 confrence. It was the first time I've ever seen a gaming company open listen to the majority of their fans, and for once, just give them what they wanted.
by Peter
Sat Jul 11, 2015 6:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Why PayPal?

I don't have a problem with Kickstarter. I've never been burned by them or publishers as I've never contributed before Shenmue 3. But I wouldn't put money into ANYTHING that I would lose sleep over if it never panned out. I really don't see PayPal bringing in very much money but I could be wrong. It would be contingent upon people getting the same rewards as Kickstarter backers get.

Kickstarter get 5% and it's fair enough, they're a business.
by Reprise
Sun Jul 12, 2015 12:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Retroberra is working on new version of 'The Final Blow' promo video but this time with HQ video provided by Bluemue. He is going to upload a version of it here soon, so if anyone has a suggestions or constructive feedback please advise him.

Hopefully the video can get some heavy circulation as we go into the final few days of the campaign.

here is one of his latest versions (non-HD); if any has any ideas, suggestions or corrections for the video please send a personal message to him. his user name is 'Retroberra';
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=srCg_K3fPmE
by johnvivant
Sun Jul 12, 2015 12:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Quick Timed Event to #SaveShenmue

http://s1.postimg.cc/byyjcg027/dojo_QTE.png

This Wednesday, July 15th, will see a brand new campaign event in aid of promoting the Shenmue III Kickstarter .

The #SaveShenmue Quick Timed Event (QTE) offers a new twist on the social media blitz that assisted Shenmue's return, and will take only seconds for each fan to complete upon its synchronized worldwide launch. 14 participants, including the first ten, will also be entered into a prize raffle for added incentive.
by Team Yu
Sun Jul 12, 2015 4:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: $10 mill was never going to happen

I'm hoping for 6.5 million.
by Himuro
Sun Jul 12, 2015 4:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Heyhey, I made a new version of the videoclip. Feel free to use it as you wish.

phpBB [video]
by Retroberra
Sun Jul 12, 2015 5:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Yep, one moment and i'll update :)
by Retroberra
Sun Jul 12, 2015 6:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I updated the logo and the "The Fi - Nal Blow"-letters to "The Final Blow". (my previous post now points to the latest video)Here is the link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=adna12C-C4Y

There are loads of details I would like to do better, that can be done better, but unfortunately my video-WUDE-skills are not that strong :D I'm a self-learning Fuku-san when it comes to this I guess ;-)

And considering the short time frame I think I'll stick to this version of the video.
by Retroberra
Sun Jul 12, 2015 7:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

please start sharing and tweeting about the #TheFinalBlow guys.

here is my tweet;
https://twitter.com/john_vivant/status/620540596961329152

create your own or or feel free to retweet mine.
be sure to share the inspirational #TheFinalBlow promotional video by Retroberra:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=adna12C-C4Y

it would be nice to get this video in heavy circulation on social media, especially between 15-17th.

also share Team Yu's event 'Quick Timed Event'
link here; http://teamyu.net/Shenmue.III?action=qte

thank you.
by johnvivant
Mon Jul 13, 2015 7:47 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: How likely is Shenmue HD?

I don't know if it's likely or not, but I think it's crucial to the success of Shenmue3 and the rest of the series in the long run. I know that Suzuki said people could enjoy S3 without having played 1 and 2, but come on. What else was he supposed to say? Let's get real, if we want new fans to enjoy 3, we need 1 and 2 on the same console as well.
by Three Blades
Tue Jul 14, 2015 6:26 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: #TheFinalBlow-Hype thread for Teams Yu’s ‘Quick Timed Ev

Yeah, please got to the specific page when the correct time comes and follow it's instructions.
by mue 26
Wed Jul 15, 2015 10:06 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

"The Final Blow - The Image"

http://i.imgur.com/fe7UPvR.png

Dojo member Ryo Fhan has posted a fantastic artwork of the battle between Ryo and Dou Niu atop Kowloon's Yellow Head Building.

This was a 5-day project created by a friend of Ryo Fhan's. What's extraordinary is his complete lack of knowledge of Shenmue up until the start of the project, yet the artwork seems to imply he has been a life long fan with its brilliant attention to detail.

"So, I got this idea to create this image with a friend of mine. He didn't know what Shenmue was before I explained to him the game, showed him various photos and explained the KS and fan wait. He thought the game sounded really neat and I told him I had a new and mini project for him. This is the result of my descriptions and pictures and his work."

To see the full size art please click here .

Links & Hashtags: #SaveShenmue #TheFinalBlow
Forum Discussion | Shenmue 3 Kickstarter | News Archive
by Sonoshee
Fri Jul 17, 2015 11:08 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Wii U/NX)

elfshadowreaper wrote: So have motion controls been shown at all for this or are they going old school?

The E3 demo was played using the gamepad only. As far as I've seen there isn't any features exclusive to the gamepad either which means it should be able to be played with the Classic Controller.
by Riku Rose
Sat Jul 09, 2016 6:10 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue 3 & E3 2017 - UPDATE - Confirmed will NOT be at

At this moment the only "SH" remake (almost) confirmed for this sony's e3 is Shadow of Colossus
by celsowm
Mon Jun 12, 2017 2:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: E3 2017 - Games, dates & rumors

Day one. :heart:

phpBB [video]
by Kiske
Tue Jun 13, 2017 10:17 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue 3 & E3 2017 - UPDATE - Confirmed will NOT be at

I've been saying for 10 years and i'll say it again; there won't be a shenmue 3 release. not ever. can't believe so many people here get their hopes up based on nothing. why would sega release this game? answer that question. there is no reason. hell even square had to bend backwards to do sequels of final fantasy 10 (and 10-2) which actually was a commercial monster success unlike shenmue. and shenmue III is more expensive to make as well.

How this post would have looked 5 years ago. What do we do with a drunken sailor?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGyPuey-1Jw
by Bluecast
Wed Jun 14, 2017 3:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Will Shenmue 3 Suck?

The only thing that would make Shenmue 3 suck is if Lan Di doesn't catch these hands at some point in the game. I'm not trying to see him ride off in a boat or fly out on a helicopter this time.
by darksniper
Sun Jun 25, 2017 5:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Politics

That "Russia hacked the election" bullshit needs to fucking go.

I've been looking at news on my Facebook feed and on my youtube political channels everyday since Sanders got fucked over by the DNC and it still infuriates me they still prefer to focus on that and the latest man-baby twitter "metldown" ramblings from a supposed president.

We have way more important issues to focus on than that. Especially since the ultimate point of the Russia thing is the fact the public now knows how fucking crooked the Democratic establishment was. So you got caught being a bunch of conniving crooks...and somehow it's some foreign entity's fault that the Democratic establishment was outed as crooked? And you can't even prove they even sanctioned it, let alone did it, so you let your mainstream American propaganda wing beat the war drums for the neo-cons?

Bunch of horseshit. If they try and install another corporate fucking crook for 2020, I'm voting for Trump if he's still gonna be even around. I rather see this place crash and burn than keep playing the same stupid game.
by Kenny
Mon Jul 03, 2017 4:55 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

You think that a foreign country influencing our election isn't important? Don't make this a partisan issue. Everyone is affected here.

The issue is that there's no evidence of anything of that sort happening, yet the media outlets drone on about it 7 days a week because it's great for their ratings. They do not care about the truth or real journalism.
by Mr357
Tue Jul 04, 2017 1:39 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

There is a bit of a CNN shitstorm occurring on the internet today. Apparently some guy made a simple gif, showing Trump bodyslammign CNN, which the president tweeted on his personal twitter account, and the official @POTUS account:

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/881503147168071680

CNN is extremely butthurt over this, trying to claim that this is the president enticing violence against them. They found out who created the gif (which wasn't hard since the dude posted on the_donald subbredit about how excited he was that President Trump tweeted something he created.

Earlier today he posted an apology saying he regrets making the gif and he wished he considered the consequences of releasing that gif. Anyone who spends any time on the internet would immediately mark this apology as bullshit. CNN then publishes this article , which further sheds light on what really was going on. The most important part of the article is this section:

CNN is not publishing "HanA**holeSolo's" name because he is a private citizen who has issued an extensive statement of apology, showed his remorse by saying he has taken down all his offending posts, and because he said he is not going to repeat this ugly behavior on social media again. In addition, he said his statement could serve as an example to others not to do the same.

CNN reserves the right to publish his identity should any of that change.

It is likely CNN talked to the dude, saying that they would release his real name, which will destroy his life because of racist posts that were found on his reddit account. The guy really didn't want this to happen so he obliged and wrote up an apology. This apology was removed from the_donald, bt the way, so the only proof of it ever existing is through that CNN article.

At any rate, this reeks of criminal coercion and should be taken to court. Problem is that the reddit user has to reveal his identity if this is taken to court, which is typically the problem with cases involving coercion. I am not a lawyer so I don't know if there is any way that this guy can remain anonymous in court, but since this is something that involves the actions of a president who is also a very wealthy businessman, it is not a simple case of a big news company going after a little guy. This guy potentially has the backing of the president and his legal team. Can be yuge.

If I was the guy I would try to milk this shit for all it is worth. He could get a real nice settlement out of this, a settlement that would help mitigate any damage that may be done to his character if he chooses to come forward with it.
by Mr. Frozen
Wed Jul 05, 2017 1:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

A foreign power worked to influence our election, and that is entirely unacceptable.

No, it would be unacceptable if the U.S. literally didn't blatantly influence every single election or foreign government decision in the entire world for a century straight. As it is, you can't have a free press and simultaneously filter out everything foreigners say about U.S. elections in order to influence them. An influence-less election is not a free election. A free society has to presume its voters are intelligent enough to inform themselves before they vote. The assumption that Americans are not smart enough to interpret anything but an official filtered narrative is the exact opposite of liberalism, and quite frankly I'm shocked the Democratic Party is taking this authoritarian position. They're all but advocating for an "official" news network combined with a ban on social media to "save our elections from the Russians". This is an incredibly quick obliteration of liberal values in America, much worse than anything Bush did to the constitution. When corporate news spends all its time telling us what isn't real news rather than reporting the news as they see it, this is no longer journalism -- it's a political party. The people decide what is news by choosing what to listen to. No, sir, I don't like it!
by KiBa
Fri Jul 07, 2017 4:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 1st Shenmue III Teaser

phpBB [video]
by BlueMue
Mon Aug 21, 2017 6:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue 3 trailer is FINALLY HERE!!

Youtube comments are really annoying me.
by delvec19
Mon Aug 21, 2017 6:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Made a 15 second "highlight reel":

phpBB [video]
by Amir
Tue Aug 22, 2017 12:08 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Anyone else encouraged by the sheer number of views for the teaser? Reaching 350k and hasn't even been out 24 hours now. The video dwarfs any recent Sony YouTube video view count. The hype for this game is real.
by Ogata
Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:38 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Kotaku: Revelations or PR stunt?

Kotaku is objectively a tabloid trash publication but in this case I'm happy that they presented the two sides of the argument.
by killthesagabeforeitkillsu
Wed Aug 23, 2017 3:05 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Please pray for my sister

^ I'm glad. Maybe we can turn this into a prayer thread. I'm sure we all need as much good will as possible. I certainly do.
by KiBa
Wed Mar 29, 2017 9:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic