Search found 16 matches

Return

Re: What's happened in your life in the past 14 years?

I still remember in December 2001 when I was 15. I imported Shenmue II for DC when I found out all I needed was Gameshark to let my Dreamcast play it. My mother ordered it for my birthday that past October. I was ecstatic and remember how I felt when I saw that massive cliffhanger. Being young and naive, I felt in time I'd get Shenmue III. The older we get, the wiser we get as well. My friends would laugh at me, even to this day, how much I wanted Shenmue III. In its stead, I replaced it with Yazkuza which I do enjoy. In the mean time, I collected anything Shenmue form the strategy guides, to multiple PAL copies of the games and sealed games, to his watch and even that cheap toy from Sonic & Sega All Stars.

Since then, I've gone to four different colleges. Got kicked out of my first university twice, then once from the community college. I gave up on college and worked at GameStop for the longest time until after 5 years I quit because I needed to change my life around. Lost weight, gained confidence, traveled the world and country, made friends, became heavily involved with the gym, and started dating more often. Ended up working for AT&T and through their tuition program, I gave college another try. I realized I enjoyed it, learned so much, and eventually got a Certificate which led to an Associate in Arts. That led to entering another university which I finally complete this August for my Bachelor of Arts. I've left AT&T since, bought a house and apartment overseas, am debating on law school, have a horrible student loan debt lol, have a beautiful girlfriend I love very much that I will become engaged to in the next year hopefully who continuously busts my balls for my love in video games and Shenmue, and now finally Shenmue III is coming. I don't buy games on release anymore, I wait for deals and am in no rush to jump in the front of the line anymore. I've been enjoying my back catalog.

I was on my couch playing Yakuza 4, skipping the Sony conference since the others felt lackluster, when my phone blew up. I check my texts and my friends are saying Shenmue III announced. I laugh thinking it's a joke. I eventually got to my computer and BOOM. Without hesitation I went and donated. I ran around my house like a kid who just got Sega Dreamcast for his birthday. My family looked at me weird, my friends laugh, and my GF thought I was a child who needed to grow up. I'm now 28, I'll be 30 when this game releases. I cannot wait and am so excited.
by NismoZZzz
Fri Jun 19, 2015 4:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: There Is No Reason For Negativity

The negativity is just annoying honestly on all fronts whether here or in the comments of the Kickstarter. We're getting the game and the rest is just extra at this point. If they shot for 2 million then they clearly had a vision for that ahead of time. No clue why people are complaining. I'm ecstatic we are even getting it.
by NismoZZzz
Wed Jun 24, 2015 12:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Auctions for Shenmue

Maybe have a forum section for selling any items of any sorts on the boards? Most forums have this.

I do agree on the capsule collection comment though. I am still trying to justify $200 for 3 more capsule toys. Here's hoping to the update of more rewards.
by NismoZZzz
Thu Jun 25, 2015 12:41 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that get on your proverbial tits

I can agree with practically everything has said. Here' some of mine.

1. I fucking hate unnecessary selfies of any kind that do not bring anything different to the table. In the gym, in front of the mirror, at the beach, what fucking ever. They are unnecessary and your attention seeking eager self needs to calm down. I prefer selfies guided towards fun like what The Rock posts. The ones that include a garbage quote piss me off too. It's too damn predictable.

2. I hate social media. Even though I've managed to snag plenty of dates and girls from them, I don't care if Joey Bag of Donuts is feeling down and out while enjoying a Bud Lite. I hate how things 'catch' on within these platforms and suddenly some dumb ass thinks he's famous and shows up on Ellen.

3. Those vine "comedians" suddenly appearing all together in Hollywood. Just stop.

4. Unnecessary text messages by people that don't have hobbies. I hate these texts, I don't reply to them. I'm busy, I'm doing productive stuff go do something yourself.

5. Which leads me to going out in general and everyone is staring at their fucking phone. What is the point of going out and experiencing the world if you're staring at a screen mad that someone else is. I hate seeing this and it always happens with girls. It's so easy to see who is self conscious or lack self-esteem using this that you can take out for a quickie.

6. Those lame common sense questions people will say in public: "OH MY GOD TODAY IS FRIDAY RIGHT? IT'S FRIDAY?" Chill, you know its Friday and no one gives a fuck what your plans are.

7. People who ask too many stupid questions. Shut the fuck up.

I have more. I clearly just hate a good amount of things.
by NismoZZzz
Wed Jun 24, 2015 9:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 5 m is not enough

Another thread for this? Mods can we lock them up. This is getting out of hand. Clearly if the goal was 2 million then they had something in mind to be safe and mindful. Now they're playing catch up due to the interest! It's that simple.
by NismoZZzz
Thu Jun 25, 2015 5:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: "$30 on the 3rd" - ROAD TO $10 MILLION

I'll be using another email account to pledge a separate 30 on the 3rd. This way I can get the download PS4 copy as well along with the physical PC version.
by NismoZZzz
Fri Jun 26, 2015 12:51 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Kickstarter Update #14 - Yu Suzuki on Twitch this Friday

mjq jazz bar wrote: I wonder how much they've been paid to run the Kickstarter.

They were probably paid in capsule toy tickets for Shenmue III
by NismoZZzz
Fri Jun 26, 2015 11:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Kickstarter Update #14 - Yu Suzuki on Twitch this Friday

Practically all the new tiers have been filled up with only a few left within the $2000....even if it sucked they surged up quickly at least another $60,000 so it worked. Now lets get more rewards rolling because CLEARLY they are working.
by NismoZZzz
Sat Jun 27, 2015 12:02 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: About The Disaster I watched on Twitch …

They made $68,000 from the new rewards alone. 3000 people watched it. We have a dedicated fan base so the mainstream will not effect this kick starter too much. It will more than likely go over $5,000,000 when all is said and done. We're fine, there's no worrying and there's enough happening in the community that will help. At the same time, more rewards will come so this twitch did what it needed to do. He clarified stupid questions morons can't grasp and they made $68000 in an hour.
by NismoZZzz
Sat Jun 27, 2015 2:12 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Review The Last Game You Beat

Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance

.....3 hours of bullshit I feel bad for anyone who paid $60 for this.
by NismoZZzz
Tue Jun 30, 2015 5:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: KS Update #23 - PS4 physical copy & New reward tiers add

Fuck it. I'll be immortalized in a game forever.
by NismoZZzz
Fri Jul 03, 2015 1:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: $30 on the 3rd - PLAN OF ATTACK

Upped from $300 to $1500 to get myself in the game. That's a good story to tell the kids and be immortalized for life.

Opened another account to do another $60 for a physical PS4 copy as well.
by NismoZZzz
Fri Jul 03, 2015 2:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: DREAMS DO COME TRUE!!

I'm assuming its your twitter but looks like Yu responded to your old tweet about the dinner!
by NismoZZzz
Fri Jul 03, 2015 11:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Concerns about Shenmue HD.

I actually came across a lovely concern this evening. Went to pick up God of War at 9PM at Game Stop. As the dude was ringing me up I asked if they started taking Shenmue I & II preorders yet. He stared at me with a blank look on his face and had no idea what I was talking about. I repeat myself and he still has no clue. Asks how to spell it which I did. It basically hit me this dude is probably 18 - 25ish and has no idea about Shenmue. This game will not be accepted by the masses (hopefully Xmas shopping parents end up randomly picking it up) and some new people will probably enjoy it from all the nostalgia talk Shenmue fans have spoken about throughout the years. In the end, I am just happy we are getting a chance to play these on modern consoles, but am slightly concerned that it'll bring in that many new fans.

Hopefully this HD collection brings new fans and younger gamers aboard, i wanna believe there's more 17 year olds like you who can see the value of these games despite their age and not having the ''shiniest'' visuals or online components.

Jesus guys!! We just got a re-release of the 2 games that we have been waiting 17 years for, we should be happy!!
First of all, everyone knows how terrible gamestop is lol You could go in an ask him about any [insert japanese game here], and he wouldn't know what it was. They will only know about the game closer to release, and once they are actually taking pre-orders/once the marketing buzz beings.
If you go back into the same gamestop once Sega has started their advertisement campaigns etc, and he still doesn't know, well then he probably shouldn't be working there :P

Sega are already blown away by the early reaction to the announcement and I'm sure they have better metrics than we do.

Here in the UK, we have a deals website (where people post all types of deals, gaming, electronics, clothes etc), if people think the deal is good, they can up-vote it, and if they think it is bad, they down-vote it. On the day that Shenmue 1 & 2 pre-orders were released, there were 2 threads that complete blew up!

https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/pre-order-shenmue-i-ii-2299-ps4-xbox-one-365games-115player-points-2926638
https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/shenmue-i-ii-ps4xbox-one-2285-delivered-preorder-base-2927204

There are comments from people who are fans, people who have never heard of it, people who backed 3 and have never played 1 & 2, the reaction is off the charts and they got up-voted like crazy!

To put it into perspective, they are still in place number 2 and 3 of this whole weeks hottest threads, and combined, would be double the heat of 1st place:

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/280458008809701388/436859151562571776/unknown.png

Once Sega starts the information trickle, shows more game play footage, and starts its marketing campaign, I am sure that we (and Sega) are going to be blown away by the buzz and ultimately sales for the games.

Let's be happy that we are getting them :D!

Oh no worries on my end my friend. I am beyond excited to play these bad boys again in my PS4 and Xbox One. Just thought I'd share something I came across last night. It was honestly the first time I've seen a gamer not know what Shenmue is. Maybe I'm just getting old :rotflmao:
by NismoZZzz
Fri Apr 20, 2018 11:06 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Return of the Passport?

Lets get those Dart leaderboards online baby!
by NismoZZzz
Wed Apr 18, 2018 8:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic