Search found more than 1436 matches

Return

Random Thoughts

Use this thread to post random thoughts through out your day!

Simple tidbits are what this thread is for, not general conversation. Taken straight from the TOS:

New topics deserve new threads. For example, if you have something excruciatingly short to say, it could and should be posted in the random thoughts thread. If it is anything of value, no matter how small, create a topic. Many conversations have went overlooked because they are crammed inside pages of other conversation. This also helps boost forum activity and order.

With that, post away!
by Yama
Thu Mar 28, 2013 4:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Star Wars The Clone Wars

AnimeGamer183 wrote: wtf is going on with disney anyway? why are they so power hungry over all the star wars projects now?

Wouldn't you be if you had your hands on one of the most lucrative franchises of all time?
by Kenny
Fri Mar 29, 2013 10:38 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Star Wars The Clone Wars

With Abrams at the helm, I'm only expecting unexplained macguffins and lens flares.

And maybe a shitty, underwhelming ending.
by Kenny
Fri Mar 29, 2013 10:48 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Random Thoughts Thread

Yeah I'm pretty fucking good you absolute bellend.
by Sailors?
Fri Mar 29, 2013 11:26 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Got you an updated avatar, QWERTY.Image
by Yokosuka Martian
Fri Mar 29, 2013 11:24 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Are you an alpha male?

I won't go as far to say I enjoy anything you post though because every post reeks of banality

Genuine lol :lol:
by mue 26
Fri Mar 29, 2013 4:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

You are not authorised to read this forum.
by Guest

Jump to topic

Re: Are you an alpha male?

I think the people who are so offended by this topic have more of a problem then those that are saying they're an alpha male.
by Riku Rose
Sat Mar 30, 2013 12:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Official Gaming Music Topic

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOsZf8Nq_d0

There seems to be something about these old MIDI tunes that I like. Nostalgia for the PS1 probably plays a part (and IMO there was a "magical" quality to some of the 8/16 bit soundtracks too), but I think a part of it is how basic the composition sounds, able to spot exactly when a layer or whatever is added. I like progressive tunes for that reason, hearing the tune come together in nice easy basic steps...
by St. Elmo's Fire
Wed Apr 03, 2013 6:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Signature and Avatar Post Up Thread + Requests

Gingefners, The wrote:
beedle wrote: there is no avatar/sig that will adequately sum me up.

Well, there is, but I think a picture of a sagging blue scrotum is against the rules.

bit of an unprovoked insult against ryudo there
by beedle
Fri Apr 05, 2013 6:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Next Generation Speculation

They just want to try to force people to buy xbox live every year.

But none say you need Gold just a connection. The articles say its to stop 2nd hand sales but MS don't seem to care about that like others in past interviews on the subject.
It could just be like what the PS4 will do installing updates and so on.

http://i.minus.com/iZ4Xc7uzxvJUA.gif
by Who Really Cares?
Fri Apr 05, 2013 7:04 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Black sands is a great album and has some amazing individual songs but North Borders on a whole is better in my opinion. Give it a listen anyways there's no way you'll regret it.
by Sailors?
Sun Apr 07, 2013 10:03 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Sega Dreamcast Controller Backpack.

Those are strong words coming from someone who owns a Dreamcast tissue box.
by Crimson Ryan
Sun Apr 07, 2013 4:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Maggie Thatcher dies

This topic has been hilarious, thank you Margaret Thatcher.
by Sailors?
Wed Apr 10, 2013 2:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Maggie Thatcher dies

feelers has actually managed to bring me and jeff into agreement on something. sickening. I hope he is happy.

two things:

called it!

glenda jackson today the legacy of mrs thatcher. worth a watch.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XDtClJYJBj8[/youtube]
by beedle
Wed Apr 10, 2013 1:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Can anything shock us any more?

Anyone remember rotten.com? :D

I quickly stopped looking at shit like that though. I do sometimes give in to morbid curiosity, but usually pretty happy to just not watch shocking stuff. So I probably could be, but when it comes to forums and shocking comments anyway, we've probably seen it all.
by St. Elmo's Fire
Thu Apr 11, 2013 5:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Ryudo wrote:
Bambi wrote: Image

So get a plane and fly over them.

by Bambi
Fri Apr 12, 2013 2:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Last thing you bought (no food or drugs)

I'm gonna hijack this thread with pictures of drugs and food in all shapes and sizes.
by Sailors?
Sun Apr 14, 2013 12:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

by Guest

Jump to topic

Re: Bombs in Boston

Jeff wrote: Check out this photo collaboration put together by Alex Jones. We know who did it, now the question is who are these guys? Some of them look Middle Eastern, but others aren't...

http://www.infowars.com/boston-bombing-culprits-found/

not making assumptions but these guys look military
by south carmain
Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: That New Daft Punk Album, doe

Excellent. It gets especially good towards the end when they mix that part from the initial previews with Pharrell's vocals.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gicjnN2yPF0[/youtube]
by Rakim
Sat Apr 20, 2013 9:54 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: That New Daft Punk Album, doe

Amazon, you bell end.

'Nuff people complaining about this being "too soft" or "derivative". Epic mongs. It's a disco record for fuck sake, OF COURSE it's gonna have a standard song structure! Stop being all mue 26 and finding flaws that don't exist.

Nah XBox music with free 30 day trial = unlimited music for the month which will do till the album comes out

Bell end :P
by Who Really Cares?
Sat Apr 20, 2013 10:41 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Bombs in Boston

"Bombing Suspect's Aunt Alleges Conspiracy To Frame Him"

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uBwq6zNmbeI[/youtube]

Mother also says sons were setup:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ARE9rclZCqw[/youtube]
by TEEPO™
Sat Apr 20, 2013 5:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

by Guest

Jump to topic

by Guest

Jump to topic

Re: Great Gaming Designs and Artwork

Its all people with you people, wheres the scenery?
by mrslig100
Sat Apr 20, 2013 7:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Random Thoughts

QWERTY™ wrote: I think I'm going to give up drinking alcohol.

It's going to be tough when your friends are drinking and you're not.
Good luck to you mate. You can do it.
by Stocke
Mon Apr 22, 2013 10:31 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I was just thinking about the fourth Chiyou Men leader, you might not have to fight him/her, he/her could be the master mind of the whole thing, the puppet master, one of those who use their minds instead of fists.

But there's pleanty of room for him/her as a boss. So far each game has had a sub-boss, and a main boss.

Shenmue1: Chai in You Arcade, and then Chai in the harbour(not counting the 70 men battle)
Shenmue2:Baihu, then DouNiu.
So my guess is; Shenmue3: Niao Sun(since half of her body was revealed in the 4CM picture) Then Lan Di. or Ziming.
Shenmue4: Lan Di or Ziming, then the fourth Chiyou Men leader, or even maybe... the Chiyou monster itself....
by TEEPO™
Sat May 03, 2003 9:29 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Well, first of all, the bandage on Ryo's face is just part of the image of the character.
I had a theory that Ryo would take-off the bandage to reveal that he has a scar like Lan Di, and will use this to disguise himself as Lan Di to infiltrait the Chiyou Men's headquarters. I think it would be very cool to run around dressed up as Lan Di.
by TEEPO™
Fri May 02, 2003 8:07 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I think a portion of the game would take place in Guilin, then Ryu would most probobly goto a more populated area, and even a possibility of going to the Chiyou Men's HQ. I remember in Shenmue2, on disk4, in Shenhua's house, when you look at one of the pictures on the wall, Shenhua tells you name of the place(Can't remember it) And she mensioned that anyone who went there, never returned, could be the Chiyou Men HQ or another organization.

As for the jobs, When talking to Shenhua in Shenmue2, they talk about what Ryo's job was, he tells her he was lifting crates, then Shenhua say's something like ''There is a similer job in my village, a man has some Cows--'' then Ryo inturupts. So the job would probobly involve Cows.
by TEEPO™
Fri May 02, 2003 9:26 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I have also noticed this strange pattern of parents being killed. I'm not sure if all of those people had posetion of the mirror at some point, but it could be some sort of curse that the holder of the mirror will be killed.
by TEEPO™
Fri May 02, 2003 9:46 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Yeah, it seems to be a common use of Anime and Japanese stories that everyone's parents was either killed or died of sickness.
by TEEPO™
Fri May 02, 2003 10:17 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Lol, now you mension it, I don't think I have.
by TEEPO™
Sat May 03, 2003 10:09 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Did everyone on this board get cursed to keep saying ''Rock''?...ROCK!
by TEEPO™
Fri May 02, 2003 10:29 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Shenmue3 will rock harder than Shenmue1/2...just a sec, that didn't sound right.
by TEEPO™
Fri May 02, 2003 10:08 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Oh no, I've caught it... ROCK ROCK ROCK ROCK.
by TEEPO™
Sat May 03, 2003 10:04 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Hmmm, I doubt Ryo would be able to even hit Lan Di, he couldn't even hit Jianmin or Xiuyang. I think Ryu would start fighting Lan Di with a free battle, but won't be able to hit him, as soon as Lan Di make a move from all the dodgin, a QTE will commence, and you'll see a flashback of something that someone has taught him, similer to the final battle in Shenmue2. I think the main Shenmue 3 boss will probobly be NioSun and Ziming, then you'll probobly get a pop at Lan Di at the very end or at Shenmue 4. The real big boss is most likely the fourth Chiyou Men leader that is blacked-out....
by TEEPO™
Fri May 02, 2003 8:03 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Just thought of another job, coal minning.
by TEEPO™
Sun May 04, 2003 12:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Even though some people loved the crate carrying, I doubt they would repeat it in Shenmue3. I would prefer something different. But I hope they still keep the gambelling in it, with some new games too. And I think they would probobly keep the illigal tournaments in the game too.
by TEEPO™
Mon May 05, 2003 10:11 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

If he has a scar under that plaster, he just has to take the plaster off, put on a wig with a long ponytail and find a dragon rob, then voila, you have a Lan Di looka-like.
by TEEPO™
Sun May 04, 2003 1:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

If Chai did die, Ryo did not kill him on purpose. But Chai survived that attack once, he might of survived it for the second time....
by TEEPO™
Sun May 04, 2003 12:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I doubt Shenmue would copy the plot of Starwars. Ryo would most probobly try to disguise himself as one of the Chiyou men to infiltrait them, but he would never truely join them.
by TEEPO™
Sun May 04, 2003 10:58 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Well, everyone mensions that Ryo and Lan Di look-alike. Since Lan Di is one of the highest leaders of the Chiyou Men, the lower members probobly never even seen him, but only know of his appearance. I say this, because others like myself, would love a chance to play as Lan Di, I think this would be the perferct oppurtunity too do it.
by TEEPO™
Sat May 03, 2003 9:41 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I'm now watching The Good, The Bad and The Ugly.
by TEEPO™
Fri May 23, 2003 4:00 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Noway could she be Lan Di's mother. Anyway, if she is Ryo's mother, she might be the one taking the elixer of eternal youth, since she looks very young. And yes, I do think they will have a brief battle, QTE or FREE.
by TEEPO™
Sat May 03, 2003 9:45 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic