Return

Re: I win I lose I win you win. I'm not Dave Chappelle

It's like talking to a brick wall.
by QWERTY
Wed Aug 29, 2012 7:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AVATARS AND SIGS

No offense guys but all of this is getting slightly pathetic. I guess things haven't really cooled down that much... As I said in another topic. It's like some bitterness hanging around which wasn't there before.

Getting? Slightly? Haha you're more charitable in thought than meself. It's been past pathetic in many ways for around 2 years, although to be fair it's just as pathetic that the people who were too cowardly to stand up to him over that time, and instead kissed his ass, are now putting the boot in. It's all good though, the whole saga has had some very amusing moments over the years :D
by Gingefners, The
Thu Aug 30, 2012 7:35 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Batman 3

It was so overwrought with conventions, it amazes me that his films are as popular as they are.

It shouldn't. Most people don't look at movies from the more technical "film student's" point of view, obviously. Most people just watch a movie to forget the world and be entertained, and his movies are good at accomplishing exactly that.
And before you say that his movies aren't entertaining, keep in mind that entertainment is a subjective concept to begin with. Just because you don't find enjoyment in something doesn't mean that the majority of others can't.
Most people just don't take the subject of film as seriously as a film student would, so they aren't hung up on certain things as much.
by OL
Thu Aug 30, 2012 11:21 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Organise Online Games Together

I'll be on Fifa 13 when it's out Mitts.
by Sailors?
Thu Aug 30, 2012 4:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Causing Trouble At School

Had a music teacher in 8th grade that didn't know how to handle us rowdy public school kids and he would sit at his desk with the paper to write you up stuck in his typewriter and henpeck his way through the form. Me and two of my friends were the ringleaders in getting the class to torment him. The most impressive incident was when we made him cry by breaking his precious typewriter as well as the overhead projector he used to show us sheet music and lyrics to the dreadful songs he wrote. One song he wrote using the words to the Pledge of Allegiance is to this day imprinted on my skull because of how oddly proud he was of it. To the point that he would play it what seemed like daily.

He quit full time teaching the year we had him, but didn't leave the school and would show up as a substitute teacher frequently after that.

Along with those same two friends I also wrote a poem, as an assignment for English class, about him that included several embellishments about him crying, being a cross dresser and accusing him of being a pedophile. It was such beautiful prose.

Here's a picture of him that I found on google:
http://i.imgur.com/bBGl3.jpg
We called him Ronald McDonald and I have no recollection why. Maybe just cuz he was a big goofy looking mofo.
by Rakim
Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Bays TMNT --- They come from space

TMNT started out as a joke, I think. It was a big parody of other things that came out at the time. Its creators always took it lightheartedly.

The thing that they really get wrong with this script is that they take this subject matter about the turtles, krang, the techodrome, bebop and rocksteady (yes these things are all in the script) way too seriously . It got really boring to read after awhile, there's no sense of fun and adventure that made the cartoon and the first two movies enjoyable to watch as a kid.

You can't take TMNT and make a LOTR type story out of it. They even put some half-assed plot about them being trained and all to fulfill from prophecy, or some dumb shit like that. They had some good ideas in there though, like the turtles being brought in to this alternate dimension from their original world where things are the same but different (like how the Star Trek reboot did it). They just need to take it alot less seriously.
by Kenny
Fri Aug 31, 2012 11:48 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Grass me up, motherfucker
by UnHoly Bible
Sat Sep 01, 2012 1:44 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

About Blake:

I think that thing with the Robin reveal at the end is being taken far too seriously. To me, that's just a little nod, like a joke from Nolan. It's mentioned and then quickly disposed with "Hey you should change your name to Robin!!" "Ah yeh whatever."

I thought the character fitted in well. For the whole movie, he is pretty much Robin. Just not in costume. And to me that plays so much stronger to what that movie is all about, with the rise against Bane and the others. Because all Bruce Wayne wanted, as he said in the first movie and even reflects in this one, was that he wanted to inspire people and wanted to say that anyone could be Batman. And so here then in this movie you have this regular guy, who's even less fortunate than Bruce was, being inspired by Batman and just being good to people, providing hope when there wasn't any, and just looking out for his fellow man. He goes as far as Batman without being in costume and I think that couldn't have been handled better to close that aspect of the trilogy in all honesty.

Is it the best movie ever? No. Is it the best of the trilogy. No. But is it a good action blockbuster? Absolutely.

Hmm, really?

"Because all Bruce Wayne wanted, as he said in the first movie and even reflects in this one, was that he wanted to inspire people and wanted to say that anyone could be Batman."

I guess you didn't watch the opening of The Dark Knight then, when Nolan was pretty much saying that no one can be Batman except for Bruce, showing all of the Batman impostors sucking. People can try, but they will fail miserably, philosophically, physically, and financially.

Then he goes and does this shit in Batman 3 without being convincing in any way. It's like you're justifying a lazy narrative by saying it's a "nod". It doesn't change the fact that it was a major chunk of the film which finally culminated in his discovery of the bat cave, wherein it felt hollow and gimmicky. So forced. This kid he barely knows is gonna take over as Batman. Nolan to me comes across as so egotistical that he needs to literally make Batman retire because he is no longer directing. There was no good reason for Bats to ride off into the sunset the way he did. He just suddenly retires from that work ethic, after an already 8 year hiatus. I just think Bruce giving him the keys to his alternate identity only works for marketing purposes, and that sucks. Sure, make something work, then make it work for marketing. But don't make it only work for marketing. That's just lazy.

The concept of the nod is kind of cool, but executed poorly, like most of his great (sometimes brilliant) concepts.
by Joe Pesci
Sat Sep 01, 2012 2:47 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Deletion/Moving of the Junk forum

MiTT3NZ & QWERTY™: I have merged all your accounts into your current handles. In case you're wondering, both posts and post count have been transfered to your accounts.
by Mr. Rod
Sun Sep 02, 2012 2:00 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I broke a kid's back unintentionally and got a teacher suspended. Not at the same time though, that would be some feat.
by QWERTY
Sun Sep 02, 2012 6:27 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: QTE Champ! [XBLI]

Hi,

I'm the creator of QTE Champ on XBLIG. I was googling around to see what the general feedback was and found my way here (I've visited the site plenty of times, just never the forums). The first thing I want to do is thank you for finding my game and sharing it with everyone else. The second thing is to tell you that the gameplay video on YouTube that you linked to wasn't uploaded by me so I had no hand in deleting any comments and I'm sorry yours was deleted. I support whatever people have to say about the game positive or negative because all thoughtful feedback is equally valid in my book.

Okay, with that said, let me give a quick blurb about why QTE Champ exists. The game is very obviously Shenmue's QTE Excite 2 arcade game -- and that's exactly what was intended! Back when I had my Dreamcast, I was addicted to both the QTE games in the arcade and for the longest time I wished there was a stand-alone version so that I could play them without starting Shenmue, walking to the arcade, and spending my in-game money. After years of wanting it, I finally just went ahead and made it myself. My hope was that this would bring other fans of the original mini-game like me out from hiding :-)

Every comment that I've seen on the YouTube video so far seems pretty positive and it makes me happy that the game clicked with the intended audience. Also, don't worry about purchasing the full game because I'm going to give you a download code for it. Just PM me so that I at least know this post was seen and read and I'll sent it to you. I also added you on Xbox Live.

Again, thanks for sharing the game with everyone. If you all have any questions let me know.

mseifullah
Hamworks

Edit: Went back and fixed tyops and grammar mistakes -- I originally wrote this post on a tablet.
by mseifullah
Tue Aug 28, 2012 2:16 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: QTE Champ! [XBLI]

Game needs a leaderboard .
by Who Really Cares?
Sun Sep 02, 2012 8:49 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: soccer

*sigh*

It's going to be a very long season. FSG have fucked Rodgers over massively with not providing the funds to recruit some attacking reinforcements. If Suarez and Borini don't show up on the day then there is literally fuck-all on the bench which we can introduce after 60 mins to change a game. Mid-table mediocrity at best this season unfortunately, as it has been for the last 3 years now.
by QWERTY
Sun Sep 02, 2012 10:26 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: You crazy sexy SOBS What is on your minds!

Honestly what is all this 'Keep Calm and ..' and where has it come from?
by Crimson Ryan
Sun Sep 02, 2012 5:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Wasnt even a point. We lost it on goal difference ;-)
by Peter
Sun Sep 02, 2012 2:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Bruce Willis to fight Apple over iTunes skank

http://www.guardian.co.uk/film/2012/sep/03/bruce-willis-apple-itunes-library?newsfeed=true

Bruce Willis is eyeing a legal bid to ensure he can pass on his iTunes library to his children when he dies, according to the Daily Mail.

The Die Hard star is concerned that his extensive music collection will revert to Apple ownership on his demise and is looking into ways that might allow his three daughters, Rumer, Scout and Tallulah, to legitimately inherit it. His lawyers are currently said to be looking at the possibility of setting up "family trusts" to act as legal holders of the downloaded music, but Willis is also prepared to consider taking Apple to court over the issue.

"Lots of people will be surprised on learning all those tracks and books they have bought over the years don't actually belong to them," solicitor Chris Walton told the Mail. "It's only natural you would want to pass them on to a loved one. The law will catch up, but ideally Apple and the like will update their policies and work out the best solution for their customers."

Willis is also considering supporting legal action currently underway in five US states to give people more rights to share music they have purchased. The actor, a keen music lover and musician, who had a UK No 2 hit in 1987 with his cover version of the Drifters' Under the Boardwalk, reportedly owns thousands of hours' worth of music on various iPods.

Go Bruce. While it may seem quite a trivial thing for Mr Willis to worry about considering his income, and I'm guessing his kids are more worried about receiving his cash-money inheritance rather than his extensive Vengaboys collection, it's good to see someone standing up against the evil Apple corporation.
by QWERTY
Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:07 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Mods deleting harmless topics

At the essence of it, its just attention seeking. Thats all.

Ignore the attention seekers and they move on.
by Peter
Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

^ Yeah I doubt anyone believes him.

It seems that the only place members are getting recruited from is here. There are like 4 consistent posters, all members from here. Looks like the other ones are from here as well, and who knows how many of them are fake accounts.. Every member is from this site. Stop with the whole "im gonna tell Yama, and you'll get a spanking!" threats. It just makes you look childish.

Go to another forum and look for people. Before that, seriously, go outside and enjoy the weather, feed some birds in a park, or play shuffle board with the elderly.
by ShOzO MiZuKi
Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The attention topic is over.
by Peter
Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Thought it might just miss out but TDKR has done over 1 Billion

And its done more than TDK which many still say only did as well as it did do to Ledgers death
by Who Really Cares?
Mon Sep 03, 2012 4:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Post a pic of what you expected a member to look like.

Probably as busy as me then with all the images that will be being removed if they are continuously hotlinked. Know what i mean

Why care? I don't know any other forum that conforms to such Draconian image regulations. Everyone does it. Like I said, if they take issue with it then it just gets blocked.
by QWERTY
Mon Sep 03, 2012 4:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Post a pic of what you expected a member to look like.

Hmmmm. Whack away then i suppose. Just use common sense though.

Oh and fuck you too! :nice!:
by Peter
Mon Sep 03, 2012 5:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

You are not authorised to read this forum.
by Guest

Jump to topic

Re: Gaming thoughts of the day

Because its parents didn't love it.
by OL
Wed Sep 05, 2012 1:00 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Reminds me of someone :lol:
by Peter
Wed Sep 05, 2012 8:52 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Hitman Series

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RFYDoQiL_fE[/youtube]
by Who Really Cares?
Wed Sep 05, 2012 12:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The Last of Us *Save Glitch Fix in OP*

Any one effected by the save glitch do this.

Some players may have been encountering an issue with The Last of Us which affected the autosave feature, which can result in a loss of progress in the single-player campaign. The team at Naughty Dog has been diligently investigating as soon as we heard from our community, and we have determined the cause to be on servers for The Last of Us which were capturing player statistics. We have made a change to ours to address this issue. All players should quit any game in progress out to the XMB and restart The Last of Us. All players can now enjoy single-player and online multiplayer matches as normal.

We will continue to monitor forums and social media, and investigate any other issues that may present themselves.
by Who Really Cares?
Wed Sep 05, 2012 12:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The Last Of Us

The game is crazy beautiful, gameplay seems engrossing and realistic. It'll be a good experience. Plus it's naughty dog and I trust them. Day one for me.
by Axm
Wed Sep 05, 2012 1:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Hitman Series

Yep Silent Assassin mode = classic Hitman mode none of that SC crap.
by Who Really Cares?
Wed Sep 05, 2012 2:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

AnimeGamer183 wrote:We will all gather in junk later and have my welcome back sex orgy. 8)

Theres one reason right there.

Dude, you knew it was going to be deleted. You talked about it in the "Less Forums" topic HERE
by Peter
Wed Sep 05, 2012 3:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

True enough, the junk had been dying for a while
You said it, not us.
could have been revived properly
Days without use is not proper, no.
I will definitely call out the fuck ups made in the future. Dick move guys, dick move.
Cool story bro.

God forbid you expressed any type of gratitude towards any of the good we do around here. Seem like a one trick pony to me, harping on not even what's negative, but what you perceive to be negative. Must suck.
by Yama
Wed Sep 05, 2012 6:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: You crazy sexy SOBS What is on your minds!

Peter wrote: Do you guys want it changed back? I didnt wanna change anything that people were used to. Up to you guys really.

I mentioned it because Ryudo changed it to such a dumb title. Isn't the one at Gen2gen called 'whats on your mind fartbags?' or something :-s
by Crimson Ryan
Thu Sep 06, 2012 6:18 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I know you locked this Peter, but apparently the topic wasn't done as I received a PM. Rather deal with it here out in the open.

Stop Yama, just stop. I dont want it to be like this, also my post did express graditude in the fact that I mentioned the old members coming back, and I know the staff had alot to do with that, I have been saying that has been good. Everything else I disagree with very much, too much has changed. I am going to formally ask you right here and now to put back the sub forums in General Gaming, and to put back the Junk forum. Its just too much to wade through in General Gaming, and something really seems missing from these forums with the junk forum gone. What were you thinking? I am a veteran member here, and you should listen to me, or atleast consider my advice. You are taking this places into dark waters, and I warning you now. There was nothing wrong with the way things were before I dont understand why everyone has been on this gung ho lets change everything trip, I dont see the current members that have come back for the time being, actually staying at this rate, in fact they all came back before anything was really changed, meaning they were fine with the way it was before. I know I can be the funny guy that loves to goof off but on the opposite side of that I can be very serious as well and I am coming to you being very serious right now. Think about it dude, good luck.

I respect that you care for the place, I won't take that away from you.

I am going to formally ask you right here and now to put back the sub forums in General Gaming

Yes, we moved all of the forums only to move them back, that's wise. Do you really expect us now to weed through and manually move thousands of topics into sub forums because that's how you want it? Not the community, but you. Seriously? Mind you, most of this was done to reduce the amount of tables on the back end and help speed up the forums and keep them from suffering from down time. See, if you would listen to me once in a while, you'd know this. It was for a good cause. Yet I'm supposed to consider your points when you don't even take mine and the communities for that matter into consideration.

I am a veteran member here, and you should listen to me

So is everyone else that spoke on the matter . Suddenly you are the community? Not a part of it? If the community spoke and opposed it as a whole, that would be that, they obviously didn't. The translation of this message was listen to you, not the community. I won't. I'll listen to everybody as I always have and unless you missed it, everybody spoke. I will always consider what you have to say, but in the end will choose what the majority wants and what is best for this community. When you let certain people have too much say and too much power, well... you know what happens, look back a few weeks.

By the way, so am I. I'll never twist it and say I've been as active as you've been over the years, but I've posted and lurked since 2003, I've seen the different eras first hand. I've seen your posts about me early on, checking the 'new member list' when I was added admin, "must be a new janitor", etc. Awesome stuff. Again, I've been here just as long as you have and unless you missed it, put a ton of effort forth since taking over.

I dont see the current members that have come back for the time being, actually staying at this rate, in fact they all came back before anything was really changed, meaning they were fine with the way it was before.

You are taking this places into dark waters, and I warning you now.

:rotflmao:

The entire reason they are here is because of the changes, I should screen cap my inbox. You have no clue how many people thanked me for bringing the forums out of the gutter, you can't be serious.

Moral of this story: Hiring new and fair management that the community respects, combining forums to help aid back end speed and lessen confusion and clutter = bad. I've wasted enough of my time. ](*,)

It's really nothing personal, I have zero beef with you on any real level. I'll still consider your thoughts on subjects that are being presented and think you can be a cool guy. But, I'm not going to sit here talk about what's already done and has been widely accepted through out the entire community.

P.S.: It's fun to play the blame game, but enough talking to me. The entire community was cool with the changes, the entire staff helped aid them. You're not talking to just me if you have an issue with this anymore, address everyone that it pertains to. Enjoy.
by Yama
Thu Sep 06, 2012 11:46 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Gaming thoughts of the day

I hate how small devs are abusing kickstarter by the time i put something out people will hate the site.
by Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Random Thoughts! v2.0

Peter wrote: In Shenmue II its pronounced "woodoo", but on the boards i read Wude as "wood" :lol:

I read it as Jonathan Woss saying rude.
by QWERTY
Fri Sep 07, 2012 8:49 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Assassins Creed Series

I found this funny coming from a Ubisoft dev. Hell the AC games are easy.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/366279/assassins-creed-3-devs-speak-out-against-easy-mode/

While the producer for notoriously difficult RPG Dark Souls is considering an "Easy Mode" in the series' next game, Assassin's Creed 3 lead designer Alex Hutchinson has spoken out against easy games.

Speaking to Edge Hutchinson goes so far as to say he believes easy modes are "ruining" games.
"A lot of games have been ruined by easy modes," he said. "If you have a cover shooter and you switch it to easy and you don't haave to use cover, you kind of broke your game."

He continues: "It's like if I picked up a book and it said 'Do you want the easy version or the complicated version?' [Game designers] can simplify the language, you know; we can make it two syllables."

For those afraid Assassin's Creed 3 will considerably up the difficulty level, rest assured that balance is crucial for the team. "We're not trying to make a brutally difficult game, so we go through all the playtest data and make sure it works."
by Who Really Cares?
Fri Sep 07, 2012 12:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Anti-jokes

Your mom gave me cancer.
:roll:

Ooh poopy poopy farty dildo sex!

:roll:
Spamming flaming trolling. Yep you have not grown up at all. Older than many of us yet still act 15 years younger.

I'm not doing any of the above you 'tard. You have no right to say I haven't grown up when you wear Sonic the Hedgehog t-shirts.
by QWERTY
Fri Sep 07, 2012 1:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Anti-jokes

Why does Bluecast continue to make the Dojo unfun?

Because he just wants this place to die and everyone to join his forums.
by Spokane
Fri Sep 07, 2012 1:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic