Search found 1 match

Return

Re: Shenmue 3 trailer is FINALLY HERE!!

First time posting here in a while, glad to see some familiar faces still around.

I agree with punkmanced; a highly surreal experience to watch something which I never believed would exist. I must say I'm surprised by the negative reaction. I saw the trailer posted on Eurogamer in a pretty negative article, although their concerns were mainly about the graphics. However when I watched it I must say I was impressed with the whole aesthetic, there's a certain 'plasticky' look to the characters but somehow I kind of like that slightly artificial look; I have a feeling Yu is perhaps aiming for an 'next-gen' version of the original character models in order to keep their original look intact. I'm guessing Ryo (for example) with a more realistic character model may start to deviate too much from how he looked on the Dreamcast, and his appearance is pretty iconic to fans of the series.

Pleasure to be posting here again, honestly I never thought I'd see the day. What an epic, decade spanning ride this community has been through :lol:
by Only Child
Tue Aug 22, 2017 5:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic