Search found 628 matches

Return

Re: All-Encompassing Kickstarter Records and Stretch Goals t

I just want to see Shenmue 3 become the most successful video-game on kickstarter. If this kickstarter was a way to gauge interest, well then, can't do much better than that.
by Thief
Tue Jun 16, 2015 3:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue 3 Kickstarter announced at E3 2015!

phpBB [video]
by Ziming
Tue Jun 16, 2015 6:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Are you forgetting that he said there are recap videos for people who want to catch up on the story?

If you started out like that, you wouldn't even be a member of this forum.
In the meantime he is doing what he can with the means he was given. He isn't going to say you have to play the first 2 games because it would be very difficult for a wider audience to be able to play them seeing that they're on dead consoles and have shot up in price so instead he's offering the next best thing. Obviously playing the first 2 is better but to catch up on the story the recap videos are sufficient. It worked well enough for the Yakuza games.

As for your other comment I played shenmue 1 first when it was released in Europe though the second is by far my favourite game.
by south carmain
Tue Jun 16, 2015 8:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I'm still well hyped up right now! It's only just really sinking in. Shenmue 3 isn't just a myth anymore.

Two years seems like a long time now, but trust, two years goes so fast. And even when it does come, I think it'll at least be a good two to three months of me just looking at the box and never going on the internet, and after that I'll start replaying the original games. I think I'll pass on the demo too. That reminds me, we need to bump that old thread about how you would play Shemue 3 when it comes!
Shame I'm not in London at the moment. I really feel like going out and celebrating this.
by south carmain
Tue Jun 16, 2015 8:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Dojo history, rivalries & revelations

I was around since the forumplanet days. this forum is soooo old, I was like 14 or 15 back then. now I'm 28
and I wish I could remember all the names and stuff that went down back then

I'm 37 now and still excited. I guess age doesn't help from being childish about game announcements. Well maybe it gets better when your're like 60+...
by Master Kyodai
Tue Jun 16, 2015 4:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Dojo history, rivalries & revelations

I'm older than you, MK and I'm totally stoked about Shenmue 3 coming down the pipe.

That is, I will be stoked once I wake up from my afternoon nap.
by Mitsuzuki
Tue Jun 16, 2015 4:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I hope Sony didn't inadvertently hurt the kick starter by chiming in so quick with their support. I'd hate to think that now a lot of potential supporters are now holding back thinking "Oh, Guess Yu doesn't need my help now. Sony's got it".
by Sonikku
Tue Jun 16, 2015 8:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

How did you spread the word?

twitter? E-Mail/ Phoning friends? Placing posters at the local mall?

I decided to make a youtube video about Shenmue 3. only around 1000 subscribers, but atm the best i could come up with...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G6AfrfazhLQ

So how do you spread the word?
by Master Kyodai
Tue Jun 16, 2015 5:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The Shenmue Cast Ep. 0

Alright everyone. After a few requests and support from members in me doing this again and especially after Shenmue 3 was announced I decided it was indeed a great time to revitalize the podcast and stick to it.

I present to you all the first episode, which is really just an intro to where I want to go with this. Episode 0 is just myself but I will get others to join in soon enough.

Feedback is welcome. I want to turn this into a community podcast and build it up to help the fan base.

Enjoy.

Audio
MP3 download and stream.

https://soundcloud.com/alexander-munoz-1/the-shenmue-cast-ep-0

Slide show video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=am6KEh2QA6g
by Axm
Wed Jun 17, 2015 10:14 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 10000 dinner reward back up for grabs!

I feel guilty now, Peter...

I feel like I need to explain who I am now.. I'm not a casual Shenmue fan. My brother and I are 35. We are identical twins and we help lead a school just outside Guilin in Yangshou where we teach poor kids English in helping them get scholarships to achieve better education.

This was inspired by Shenmue. My Avatar is of me laying on a raft on the Lijiang river just outside Guilin.

I've been there from the beginning like most of you. This will be a great experience in my life that I will treasure until I die.

EDIT:

You can find us on Facebook. https://www.facebook.com/VolunteerEnglishTeacher?fref=ts

A lot of the pictures are of my brother and I.

Here is me with the kids.
http://i.imgur.com/b8Bc9z0.jpg
by wdrpgwd
Sun Jun 21, 2015 1:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What pace will you play through Shenmue III?

We're all getting the bad ending aren't we...
by south carmain
Sat Jun 20, 2015 10:59 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Reddit AMA Answers

What Yu Suzuki thinks of others :

phpBB [video]

;-)
by Yokosuka
Sun Jun 21, 2015 10:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Suzuki, "I want to make Shenmue 4"

I'm so incredibly happy that he hasn't decided to end the series with Shenmue 3. Even if Shenmue 3 does horribly (which I doubt) and we're left on another cliffhanger, that's still preferable to me than a rushed product just so I "know what happens". I don't play Shenmue merely because i'm curious about the story. I play Shenmue because its story is presented brilliantly and I want nothing to compromise that in further games.
by Thief
Tue Jun 23, 2015 4:03 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Cannot believe some of the people in this community. . .

We've seriously been begging for Shenmue 3 for 14-years and now that we are finally getting the game for sure at this point, I cannot believe that people are seriously complaining!

I am not even talking about the management of the KS page or the campaign in general, but people being like "oh, yeah I want Shenmue 3, but won't support it unless they announce a physical PS4 version." Or, "this game will suck if we don't reach 10-million!"

I have way more faith in Suzuki San than to think he'd only ask for 2-million just so he could give us a crap game just to finally shut us up. Apparently some people in the community think this is what he is doing :roll:

I know this is a fraction of the overall community, but it just blows my mind that some people are really complaining at this point. We are getting the game! Be happy! God damn! ](*,)
by bikingjehuty
Wed Jun 24, 2015 6:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Yu Suzuki makes statement on funding & budget on KS upda

Nice to see things fully clarified :) Even if it doesn't make the 10m mark, I'm still beyond happy Shenmue III is even happening at all.
by Miles Prower
Wed Jun 24, 2015 7:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Kickstarter Update #12 - Vote for your favourite charact

Just finished mine. I voted for Xiuying Hong because she's got it going on! She would make a cool cameo or even "character perspective gameplay" feature imo...

Awesome reward ideas, although according to the prices associated with them, I doubt I can afford them... :-( we'll see!

Exciting times indeed!

I voted for Xiuying too! She was such a great character in Shenmue II. She was rock 'ard!!

I loved that scene where she took out that whole group of guys behind Yuan's back!

Her martial arts skills; she'd be a match for Lan Di I reckon.
by Luke_09
Wed Jun 24, 2015 8:38 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Feminism

Feminism is absolutely necessary. Its plain as day. I can see it in your responses, throughout the gaming community, throughout society as a whole.

First of all, let's dispense with the feminist strawman already. Feminism is not here to take over and oppress men. If you want to look for radical feminists that want to kill all men, sure you can find them. Because you know what? There are radical people for every movement. But bringing it up every single time feminism is brought up is ridiculous. You're shutting the conversation down before it can happen. ( Not sure how many here are Christian, but if somebody brought up the radical sects of Christianity to you every time you mentioned your religion I'm sure you'd be pretty pissed off. )

We are still a long way out from actual equality. The arguments people today use against feminism are the same arguments men used against feminism 100 years ago. You want to think we're all equal but we're not. Until we can all acknowledge our privilege and work toward a better future we're going to be stuck in inequality for a long time.

Women are treated as objects. Its clear the way they're presented in the media and the way people talk about or to them. I'm sure all of you wouldn't feel good if your entire life was people judging you as a sex object. If you're sexual, you get called one slur, if you're not sexual you get called another. There's no winning there. For a man, it doesn't matter. That's called a double standard which wouldn't exist if we were equal.

Women are treated as less intelligent or less qualified. Would you feel good about going through life trying to pursue a career and are constantly questioned, talked down to, and having everything explained to you while a person of the opposite sex does not?

Nobody is saying as a white man you haven't had challenges and adversity in your life, but typically for women and people of color your have to work twice as hard to get half as far. People have socially constructed images of how they view certain types of people to be and its hard for many to get past them.

On the topic of 'shaming white men'. White men have ruled for a long time. The institutions that exist within western society were created and controlled by white men. Most wealth is owned by white men. Laws were made by white men. Historically its a very unequal world. This is not about shaming white men. It's not about calling them evil. It's about exposing the privilege they enjoy each and every day so that we might start getting the conversation going as to how to change the world.

It's easy to say "Hey, they should take down the confederate flag, see I'm not racist!" It's not as easy to understand and admit your privileges and biases.

The 'everyone is to sensitive these days' argument is bullshit. You don't want to admit that these things are ingrained in society and that maybe, hey, you're a little bit sexist/racist/homophobic/etc too. Its easy for a bunch of white men to sit around and go "Yeah I agree that's not offensive, these people are too sensitive!"

Your experiences != everyone else's.
by Yukupo
Wed Jun 24, 2015 9:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

mue 26 wrote: I feel I should give a quick apology to myshtuff for kind of calling him stupid. That was a bit harsh of me. I do think SJW is an inherently stupid phrase though.

No worries man. It's all good. :3
by myshtuff
Thu Jun 25, 2015 7:59 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

@ Riku

That's basically the kind of stuff I'm talking about. The idea that the only reason men care about women is because they want to have sex with them. That joke basically is, 'male feminists can't get women the traditional way, so they're just faking caring about women's issues to get them into bed.' It reflects what I mean about objectification of women. It's acknowledging that you don't see them as human beings worthy of the same rights and treatment that men get.

I'm proud to be a feminist because I care about the rights and feelings of others. I don't think it's that radical of a concept. :-k

And again, feminism isn't about putting down men , it's about putting down this attitude towards women.
by Yukupo
Thu Jun 25, 2015 3:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: New Shenmue III Stretch Goals Announced - $11 Million+

Oh god, living with the knowledge of how much more this game could be is if it had a proper budget behind it is stressing me out.

All logic in the universe is pointing at the kickstarter ending at 5 million right now, i just feel bad for this community at the amount of people pulling their hair out to somehow get it to 10+ million.

That being said, there must be a way to pull this off somehow?! If anyone can do it, it's this crazed group of people.
by Xandui
Thu Jun 25, 2015 10:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

@Riku's 'joke' post
The 'everyone is to sensitive these days' argument is bullshit. You don't want to admit that these things are ingrained in society and that maybe, hey, you're a little bit sexist/racist/homophobic/etc too. Its easy for a bunch of white men to sit around and go "Yeah I agree that's not offensive, these people are too sensitive!"

Your experiences != everyone else's.

@Shenmuedabest
What's your point? People are jerks to each other? I don't see what that has to do with feminism. Was critique on the shirt warranted? Sure. Insults? Nah.

@St. Elmo's Fire
If you all want to live by "there are worse things in the world so there's no point in doing anything to make life better here" then stop complaining about anything. Just spend every day being thankful you're not somewhere worse. Forget social progress. Or does social progress only matter when its an issue you care about?

Also, there's totally a difference between sexual attraction and objectification. Sexual attraction is a natural feeling. Objectification is treating women like they aren't people. You are arguing its what we do, but society is set up to be a world for men, not women. Its socially acceptable to do it so that's why you think its okay. You're using this as an excuse to stay in the dark ages when we know better. We can see the result of how women are treated and its not pretty.

Feminism is about educating people so that slowly but surely attitudes change. What's wrong with a more caring and compassionate world?
by Yukupo
Fri Jun 26, 2015 12:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: KS Update #34 - Poll Results & Fishing Poles

How in the world did Nazomi or Joy get more votes than Xiuying??? Is this poll for real? Ridiculous...
by Kenshin
Mon Jul 13, 2015 11:17 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Tweetathon: November 3rd

http://s16.postimg.cc/hr0a98o4l/Nov3rd_Dojo.png

The 24-hour #SaveShenmueHD Tweetathon takes place throughout Thursday, so please be sure to participate and support the campaign for Shenmue 1 & 2 to be re-released on modern platforms in time for Shenmue 3!

Sample tweet / More information
by Team Yu
Thu Nov 03, 2016 3:17 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Blizzard has Sonikku committed

Sonikku. Kelly. Old Friend. I am sorry to hear about your troubles. I can never understand the challenge of being born in the wrong body. I can relate in similar ways in mental health. You don't get people and they don't get you. You feel alone and isolated. I also have a close relationship with my mom. We are basically war buddies on top of being mother and son. I have no idea what I would do when she does pass which could be any day now. We both have struggled with poverty all our lives. We both have been to the point we wanted to end it all and both have spent time in a mental ward. I will say I did get help and you are struggling to find the proper help. I made a video when I still ran a YT channel about suicide after Jew Wario killed himself. Boogie2988 also had struggles with it. It gets to a point you don't know any other kind of feeling and it becomes status quo.

The thing is. While it can be impossible to see now. Things can get better. No not every problem will be solved. You might always struggle with money. I still do. You can make it work. I do get frustrated not having more as even simple things like buying a mop is a huge decision. Then I realize in 2017 as a person in poverty I live better than Kings a hundred years ago with all the modern conveniences we have. Take it from someone just 6 years ago on these very forums wanting to die. Do not curse yourself for you gender. I don't curse myself for having a bad heart or having 3 serious mental issues. It's a daily struggle. It's frustrating. It makes me mad sometimes. You know what else? I would not give them up. They helped lead my sense of humor,my great creative side. Made me stronger...even in times I don't want to be strong. That part of you is difficult and a challenge. It's also led to you being different and offering something different. That's not a bad thing. It took a lot of looking and a lot of asking questions not getting answered within myself and to the world but when I looked long enough I found some. Not all of them but enough. I am a happier person. I still have my personality for better or worse. I still have a long way to go. We need to help you find the right path for your journey. A 1000 mile journey begins with a single step. I am 7 years into mine and maybe only 30 miles in. :P

I'm going to quote something I wrote a couple weeks ago to another member.

An elderly Choctaw Native was teaching his grandchildren about life. He said to them. "A fight is going on inside me...it is a terrible fight, and it is between two wolves. One wolf represents fear,anger,envy,sorry,regret,greed,arrogance,self pity,resentment,inferiority,lies,false pride,superiority and ego. The other wolf stands for joy,love,hope,sharing,serenity,humility,kindness,benevolence,friendship,empathy,generosity,truth,compassion and faith.
This fight is going on inside you, and every other person too"
The children thought for a minute and one child asked his grandfather "which one will win?"
The old Choctawsimply replied..."The one you feed."

Sonikku I say this as a friend and as someone who was in a similar spot. It won't be easy. It may get worse before it gets better but it does get better.
by Bluecast
Sat Jun 03, 2017 10:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Blizzard has Sonikku committed

I'm only going to offer a few words as I don't know you well, but they are honest and I want you to take them seriously.

First of all, legit kudos for having the courage to share your story. I know you felt like you had nothing left to lose, but it can't have been easy putting it all in black and white. Or even black and pink.

I just want to pick up on a couple of comments in particular:

And despite my best efforts, I have been as yet unable to suppress my anxiety and project confidence enough to persuade a single employer that there is a single thing about me that is valuable.

Being overlooked for a job, no matter how many times, certainly does not mean there isn't a single thing about you that is valuable. For all you know, you might have been a close second in almost every application, and what swung it away from your favor could be something trivial, and something different each time. Every recruiter has their own quirky wishlist that makes them tick, and they're not always qualities you'd even be proud to have.

Distractions from my woes in all things Nintendo coupled with living in a fantasy world in World of Warcraft and other games is as sorry an existence as any I can imagine

Do you feel true to yourself when you say this? Do you personally believe that indulging in things that bring you comfort and joy (comfort and joy) is a sorry existence, or are you deferring to societal norms? If it's any more acceptable for people to lose themselves in sports or music or their pets, it's only because artificial constructs tell them so. If you're ever going to learn to love yourself, you'll need to stop apologizing for the things that make you happy. You're occupying your mind and not harming anyone.

That's all I've got right now. It's no quick fix but I think if you take these two points on board it may make the gradual process of turning this ship around - which I believe you have the strength to do - a little less daunting. The world would be a poorer place without you in it, so please don't rob us all of your unique perspective.
by Let's Get Sweaty
Sun Jun 04, 2017 6:22 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue III @Gamescom '17 Discussion - Yu's at a party

Yokosuka wrote:According Yu Suzuki, the main story will take 20 hours to finish. Add 20 another hours to complete the secondary quests.

Awesome. That's about in line with the rest of the series.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
by TwiceFriedRice
Tue Aug 22, 2017 6:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Shenmue 1 & 2 HD announced for PS4 / XBOX ONE / PC

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z04hUT23RiQ

***Trailer at the end of the video***

Will run in 1080p
PS4 & XBOX ONE - Physical release
Dual control scheme - updated & classic
Both audio dubs - English & Japanese