Search found 929 matches

Return

Re: You crazy sexy SOBS What is on your minds!

Spokane wrote:Have fun.

(But I still see you)

Yea I'm still waiting for my ride to the airport lol.
by Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Mon Aug 27, 2012 2:57 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: You crazy sexy SOBS What is on your minds!

Nah, my dad lives on the east side (I'm on the west at the moment) knowing him he'll be "on time" I told him to be here 5 yours early, and since he's always late he'll get here in like 2. Right now I'm just bored because I'm wired even though its like 3am.

Plus i'm still putting music on my vita, can't leave without my KRS-One
by Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Mon Aug 27, 2012 3:03 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Random Thoughts! v2.0

I liked the old thread.

Oh yea back from vacation.
by Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Final Fantasy

No it's not. It been done before on others Anns and just regular collectors editions.
Why is it limited to just sony? FF started off on NES then SNES. It's a lazy set. If they can spend a half billion on multiple FFXIII's then they can do a little license bullshit

All the games have been released before on Sony consoles so they don't need to sort shit out with the likes of Nintendo and Microsoft. I don't know if Square has any contract with Sony or not but I'm pretty sure they wouldn't want FFVII or other classics on the Xbox. As I said if it was easy to get FFVII on the Xbox it would have come out on Xbox Live awhile ago. I'm sure more people want it on that then they did the PC version just re-released.

The reason it's unrealistic is you want 13 soundtracks which usually take up about 3 or 4 discs each. 1200 pages worth of art which is going to pretty fucking big. This is already going to cost a ton in shipping as it is.

it comes down mostly to laziness, FF 7 and 8 were both released on PC and Square-Enix did all the marketing and development from their own pockets so everything is theirs its not like saaaay Namco-bandai and Tales. See Nintendo, microsoft and sony all had a hand in localizing and developing some of those games, hence Vesperia is only for 360 outside of Japan, Symphonia is only for Gamecube and Grraces is only for PS3.

Square-enix can release whatever game they want for whatever system they want, but it would require some work and they don't seem to want to bother throwing any work at anything other then 13 games.

(Yea wasen't happy about 13-3 and played a bit of KH3D in PEI and absolutely hated it)
by Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: BROTHAMITE BROTHAMITE! Ask the wise Brotha fools!

Bluecast wrote: Wait what happened to jack?

Thats who I'm talking about.

and she actually saw this thread and got a laugh out of it.
by Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Metal Gear series

I was kinda hoping it would be old big boss, ah well guess i'll settle for middle aged big boss.
by Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Metal Gear series

i don't mind i just love big boss, I'd even play as the shitty US Metal Gear 2 android.

Seriously though hope they make that version of "Here's to you" available
by Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What Game/Games Are You Currently Playing?

OL wrote: An easy recommendation. :nice!:

Especially since its 10$ every other week on amazon, steam or best buy

Playing Peace Walker on PS3, Tales of the Abyss on 3DS and still playing Darksiders.
by Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Fri Sep 07, 2012 1:53 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Yakuza series

Yea but they're pretty much arguing semantics. At the end of the day the game looks a lot better, a lot of work got put into it, will likely play much smoother and we'll all (or atleast most of us) will be very happy with the game. It doesn't matter what anyone is calling it, be it "reworking" or "redefining" we'll all STFU and buy it when it comes out.
by Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Fri Sep 07, 2012 2:00 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Gaming thoughts of the day

I hate how small devs are abusing kickstarter by the time i put something out people will hate the site.
by Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I used to know a lot of people who liked the same games as me, but they got all boring and spent more time getting drunk and high. Even when I'm working I generally find people who play sports games and shooters. Thankfully my partner, my roommate and my girlfriend all play the same kinds of games as me.
by Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Fri Sep 07, 2012 5:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Dorian wrote: @south carmain: Yeah, I also eat children.

I've seen it, not pretty, but in a sick way, it always makes me hungry.
by Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Fri Sep 07, 2012 8:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things That Made You Laugh Today

^[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2OKwRsnWO84[/youtube]
by Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Fri Sep 07, 2012 9:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Anti-jokes

QWERTY™ wrote: I'd rather a Jeff than a Bluecast. At least Jeff had some semblance of intelligence there.

Now now Qwerty, its not like you don't have some doozies spread out among your accounts.

Plus Jeff doesn't have that will to survive.
by Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Fri Sep 07, 2012 9:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I'd rather a Jeff than a Bluecast. At least Jeff had some semblance of intelligence there.

Now now Qwerty, its not like you don't have some doozies spread out among your accounts.

wat?

No honestly, internet meme aside, what the fuck are you talking about?

Well Bluecast made his mistakes and we've all ridden his ass about it. He pissed people off and whether you realize it or not you've offended a few people too.

Listen I'm not coming after you, just pointing out you shouldn't go after anyone. If bluecast were harping on you or Martin I'd be saying the same, heck I have before. I just think unless theres an immediate problem, everyone should just let bygones be bygones.
by Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Fri Sep 07, 2012 10:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I'll decide when I can say whatever I please.

Two weeks or not I don't think EITHER of you should mention the other in any of your posts, if you don't get along, thats fine you're two different people, I respect that, I like both of you. Throwing out each others names and these little jabs ain't helping anyone. I'm mentioning it to you, and I've mentioned it to him.

So how bout we just chill out, let you two ignore each other and just let things rest instead of either of you picking a fight.
by Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Fri Sep 07, 2012 10:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

QWERTY™ wrote: What's the worst thing about three black guys driving off of a cliff?
They were my friends.

Three Cherokee boys are talking to their father. they ask him how he decided their names. He tells them he named them after the white men that raped their mother.
by Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Fri Sep 07, 2012 10:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Its ok, baby, its ok, give daddy a big hug.

Now, lets just pretend we're back on the top half of page 1 again.

A baby walks into a bar, the baby dies of a concussion.
by Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Fri Sep 07, 2012 10:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

A man goes to the doctors and says "doctor doctor, I feel like a pair of curtains" and the doctor replies "well I'm afraid that is irrelevent now, you have approximately 24 hours to live."

A priest, a rabbi and an imam are on a crashing plane, they decide to jump out as a test of faith. They all die painfully.
by Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Fri Sep 07, 2012 10:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

A man is sitting down with his daughter on his lap. He mentions she has gotten heavier, so she becomes bulimic.
by Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Fri Sep 07, 2012 11:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

A man goes to the doctor for a colonoscopy, the doctor rapes him and later kills himself.
by Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Fri Sep 07, 2012 11:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

You guys are either retarded or former bully victims. Kids with gay parents = constant and easy target. Bullyin the likes of poor kids is situation specific, bullyin Muslims isn't likely to have as much effect due to the chances of there being much more than one at the school, kids with difficulties are usually in 'special' classes and generally don't interact with everyone else as they have different schedules.

Kids with gay parents though... How many does anyone here know? Chances are, they'd be the only one at their school who has, as it'll take a good few generations before there's a large enough number of them.

I don't care what anyone says, it's flat out unfair on the child. You can argue the fuck all you want about gay people having rights n shit, fair enough, I don't have a problem with that, but kids? You can't honestly condemn one to an absolute certainty of constant bullying throughout their childhood. Peeps say every kid gets bullied anyway, and that's bullshit. Only bully victims say that.

I usually joke about and say that anyone who opposes my opinion is automatically wrong, but in this case it's true, and if you think otherwise, then you really need to re-evaluate your bedroom level knowledge of society and social hierarchy.

Seriously, some of the self-righteous bullshit on the internet about how socially inept idiots reckon the world should be is flat out ridiculous, and is really startin to grind my fucking gears.

Actually when I was teaching I had a fair number or children being raised by gay couples. For the most part I haven't seen much bullying, but homosexuality is mostly accepted here. Even so, saying gay people shouldn't have kids, because those kids will be bullied is like saying women who get raped were asking for it by being women. No matter how many people try to accept it, its not right. Also depending on the household, it could be the best thing to ever happen to a child that was born from a druggie and a rapist, or through incest. Allowing responsible adults raise a child should never be an issue and in my experience hasn't been.

Beyond that, I have been bullied for being a short, bisexual, nerd, Carib with light skin. I got bullied because I was smaller, and because I was "gay", and because of my hobbies, and snooty white kids hated me for being an "injun" while dumb black kids called me a "honky". Even so I don't think I'd ever change it, I wasn't a victim, I took what happened and let it make me stronger. The biggest thing I got out of it is that I stopped caring about what I thought the world should be, and started caring about what I think it is. Understanding hardship allows a person to speak from experience, granted its important to stay objective and fix the problem, it is not an automatic detractor from a person's input, they may still be able to see the situation rationally and be able to do good.

If I let social norms dictate how I live my life, I'd have let that Spaniard prick beat me to death in Condado. I resist the things I see as wrong not only for my own sake but for those around me.

at the end of the day, you can say I'm wrong, but I've dealt with these issues first hand, and seen good come of it, I've got experience.
by Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Sun Sep 09, 2012 1:57 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Like the straight hair dresser in Cecil B. Demented.
by Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Sun Sep 09, 2012 2:26 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

All of it comes down to an assumption. Do you know for certain kids will be bullied?
by Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Sun Sep 09, 2012 3:24 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Its okay Mitts, I understand where you're coming from. I understand that you're taking into account what you've seen, where you live and your heart is in the right place, with the kids themselves.

I care about the little ones too, and while I have different experiences and perhaps have just been lucky I've always thought that an active approach was necessary. I understand you want to shield them from the bullying, but instead of removing them from the situation, I wish to remove the situation, and if unable, teach them to shield themselves.
by Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Sun Sep 09, 2012 4:10 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

MiTT3NZ wrote: Yeah, there's too many laws in place on what you can't do to a kid in terms of discipline n shit, so now they're gettin away with murder, and they're takin full advantage.

A pistol whipped at the face smartens people the hell up. Too bad thats just not in the cards fr you guys.
by Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Sun Sep 09, 2012 5:13 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: RPG's( NOT Falcom,Square,Bethesda,Bioware)

Dorian wrote:Ironically, tri-Ace was forced to help with FFXIII-2 because of financial troubles.

Knowing things like this keeps me up at night.
by Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Sun Sep 09, 2012 3:12 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: NTSC vs. PAL vs. Japanese

This should be kinda obvious

by Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Sun Sep 09, 2012 4:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What Game/Games Are You Currently Playing?

I still think the only real problem with the gameplay is that the enemies are just way too tough. It's kind of draining to pump machinegun fire into the same enemy for a full minute before killing him. And he's not even a boss. Or a mini-boos. Or anything special at all. Just a regular enemy. <_<
If not for that, I wouldn't mind playing it again at some point. But yeah, like Segata, I have to agree that I can't really see myself playing all the way through it again, despite whatever slight fondness I still have for it.

I think a lot of games keep having trouble with that. Seems like a lot of games don't have a good "feel" to enemies. Like having a medusa head take 10 hits and a werewolf take 3.
by Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Sun Sep 09, 2012 8:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: American vs. PAL vs. Japanese

I don't dislike the US boxart of Lost Odyssey I just freakin love the Japanese one. Kaim looks tired fits the theme, makes you wonder what kind of game would have such a pissed off protagonist.

JP

US
by Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: American vs. PAL vs. Japanese

Well if someone asks me in the RPG thread then I'll explain it.

Back on topic.
This one has always been a no brainer to me, its another one of those things where the US version became super generic.

JP:
http://i.imgur.com/nUoj5.jpg
US:
http://i.imgur.com/44XEH.png
by Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Sun Sep 09, 2012 10:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

How does that answer about tilt shift angles?

Because it was basically impossible before then. The Last Remnant has a ton of the same kinds of shots from LO. for exmple theres a point where the antagonist grabs the protagonist by the neck and tosses him. During the toss the camera is zoomed out but when the protagonist crashes and chaos starts to take over the battlefield the game is in a 3/4 dutch even when gameplay starts because the protagonist is still f'ed up.

So the reason you see it a lot in mistwalker games is twofold, first they introduced the idea when it comes to modern RPGs so its a bit more obvious because for the past decade cutscenes haven't been able to have such a dynamic camera, and second I think they just plain like it, since its in LO and TLS.
by Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Mon Sep 10, 2012 12:09 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Well Lost Odyssey was the first RPG to use the Unreal Engine 3.

To back up, the engine is great and bad all at once. It allows for a lot of really great effects like multilayered particles and textures and a bunch of other effects and even a ton of AI related options. The biggest problem though is that performance isn't the focus, because of this UE3 (and any game made using a UE) will have framerate and buffering issues.

Using UE was kind of a mixed bag, on the one hand the game was going to take a hit in its speed, and was prone to errors and bugs. The pros did outweigh the cons though, making the game would be faster and cheaper and the cinematics would be woven into the game more efficiently.

RPGs always had their cinematic moments, but this was different. instead of setting down the controller and watching a cutscene play out that had visuals that drastically differed from the main game, Mistwalker could create animations that flowed directly into gameplay, and experiment more with the angles and filters in a real time environment.

To put it bluntly, Lost Odyssey used an engine that was never meant for its playstyle and despite it's rough edges was able to prove that companies that made RPGs could build large AAA engines. Square-Enix tried this approach and after releasing The Last Remnant began work on what was then called the white engine. Tri-Ace created the Undiscovery Engine.

Sadly it seems like most studios are missing the point. Packing the disk full with more CG, placing the camera too close or too far to action, and spending too much time on refining the engine then actually using it to create games. Lost Odyssey still introduced a great idea to gaming that could one day help RPGs return to a golden age.
by Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Sun Sep 09, 2012 11:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Final Fantasy

^I still wouldn't say it is lazy. Just to get this set released on 360 would mean they have to port 12 games over. I'm not an expert but I'm pretty sure that would take quite a bit of time.

Nah, 1 is running on .net and has a version that works on windows phone. 2 and 3 don't seem too tough since theres versions that run on 1's logic (and if you can make FF 1 for windows you can make 2 and 3 for windows) thats not so bad. 4,5 and 6 might be a problem, but the games are so old, you can actually emulate the game though it would still require changing some dialogue. 7 runs on windows, 8 runs on Windows, 9 uses the same framework and should be able to run on windows.

Basically anything from 1-9 isn't too bad, either theres versions that already work in a sense or you could just emulate them because they aren't going to make the GPU melt. It'd take time but not a ton, it'd basically be the same amount of work they put in to get 1-6 working on PSN.

The hard ones are 10 and 12. 12 because that sucker was optimized for PS2, and porting it would require some effort in porting. Thing is, they should do it anyway. With the FFX HD release, FF12 should be right after.

In terms of time, from start to finish getting everything running would only have taken 1 or 1.5 years, though it would use up a team. (and the fact that they don't have people is S-E's fault, a bunch of people quit on them because they were either not doing anything or working as backup on projects that didn't need it.)

How many Toriyama's does it take to screw in a lightbulb?
The lightbulb was a dream and no longer exists.
by Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Mon Sep 10, 2012 1:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I gotta admit I like this guy.

Kluwe, who made national airwaves last week when he wrote a passionate letter in defense of gay marriage, is both an NFL punter for the Minnesota Vikings and a rabid RPG fan who thinks Lost Odyssey is severely underrated and Ogre Battle: March of the Black Queen is one of the best games ever made.

http://kotaku.com/5942026/nfl-punter-chris-kluwe-has-strong-opinions-on-gay-marriage-also-rpgs
by Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Mon Sep 10, 2012 6:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Who is Bysby and why is he a mod?

A very old and respected member.

What websites are these, and what is it you actually do?

gay porn?

Fucking anonymous have hacked GoDaddy shutting down sites I run for people. May have lost me a customer as well. Pricks.

They do waaay more harm then good.
by Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Mon Sep 10, 2012 6:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Favorite Anime Opening/Ending Songs

We kinda had one of these

viewtopic.php?f=53&t=42124&hilit=anime+music

Ah well, i always loved how obviously 90s this op was, and how upbeat it was for all the depressing shit that happens in it.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h_PKgztP0zw[/youtube]
by Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Mon Sep 10, 2012 6:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I don't see it as a flaw, but i think a wild Arms kind of system where you can avoid a certain number of fights would be awesome. When they grab you, time slows down, and you have a chance to decide and if you have uses just punch the guy and keep going instead of having to load into a fight then slap these guys around and load out of it.
by Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Mon Sep 10, 2012 6:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Its got....but um you can....yea i got nuthin

It makes me wish they made a Rent=A=Hero using the Yakuza 5 engine, everything you need is there
by Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Mon Sep 10, 2012 7:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Jet Set Radio on XBLA and PSN

Yea, doing QA is basically punishment lol
by Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Wed Sep 12, 2012 1:02 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Its my soon to be sister-in-law's birthday. Not only will I not wish her a happy birthday, I trained her dog to piss in her shoes.
by Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Wed Sep 12, 2012 6:00 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I don't mind if it looks the same if it loads a lot faster and works better.

Also its worth mentioning a game might have the exact same textures and polycount, but if its running at a higher refresh rate the player has more controls and the action flows smoother making filters and effects easier to see. For all i know it'll look exactly the same, or even play exactly the same, but after Ninja Gaiden 3 and other games that keep trying to stretch the formula alittle to far, I kind of am happy they are keeping things similar (though I'd be over the moon if they added shit AND kept the system familiar)
by Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Wed Sep 12, 2012 3:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Tea

Yama wrote: Dat ice cold Thai tea. Yum.

Oh lord, I remember the hunt for Thai tea in chinatown.
by Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Tue Sep 11, 2012 10:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic