Search found 929 matches

Return

Re: Yakuza series

I just can't find anything appealing to me. ninja Blade I do want however.

Its understandable, as long as I've known you, you've always gone gaga for colour and stuff that has interesting filters. Somthing dark and broody like this with such muted colours just dosen't seem like it would float yo boat.
by Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Wed Sep 12, 2012 8:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Random Thoughts! v2.0

Yama wrote: Like this guy?

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZEWLnvqOsls[/youtube]

There was a real life one of these not far from where i lived, it had a Joker spray-painted across and he was holding a smoking gun. Avoided that block like a mofugga.
by Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Wed Sep 12, 2012 7:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Gaming thoughts of the day

La-Mulana is on Steam Greenlight go vote for it damnit! SO IS ONIKEN!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SCTnpFbriLo[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ixCI4JXUuUE[/youtube]
by Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What Anime are you watching right now?

The only one I really understand

is Raoh, because he did as much good as he did bad, he may have been a crazy power hungry despot, they do mention in the manga that he had achieved law and order.
by Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Thu Sep 13, 2012 12:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Wii U

The Bayonetta 2 reveal has me equally giddy with excitement as well as disappointed. I don't see enough on the Wii U at this moment in time to convince me to buy it at launch, and even then I don't think it's justifiable to buy a console for one game.

But then I should be glad and excited that it's coming at all. People forget that Bayonetta 2 was cancelled and SEGA didn't seem to want anything to do with it despite it being Platinum's highest selling game thus far. So I'm hugely excited it's coming and am also incredibly thankful for Nintendo in having faith in it. While I wish it wasn't a platform exclusive, I definately will play it at some point, because IMO, Bayonetta is not only the best game of it's type, but one of the best games this generation.

Did you play the 360(real) version?

Well think back to what prompted you to buy the 360 and/or PS3.

I'm going to be honest, it usually is just one game that gets me. I didn't care much about the 360 till dead Rising came out, then I HAD to get one. With the PS3 it was Metal Gear Solid 4, I went through 2 broken PS3s in the span of a month to make sure I had a working one to play it. I bought the Wii because at E3 they hinted at a Fire Emblem.

so far it has 7 exclusive games I really want (Mario wiiu, zombiu, game and wario, rayman legends,101, Bayonetta and Pikmin) and better versions of a lot of games either coming out, or that I don't own. Actually like I mentioned, i'm overwhelmed i don't know which games to get.

oh yea theres also going to be a wiiu version of HnK: Ken's Rage 2 YOU WA SHOCK!
by Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Thu Sep 13, 2012 2:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Great Gaming Designs and Artwork

First one looks like rengoku
by Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Thu Sep 13, 2012 3:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Its possible the reason they keep bringing up GWAFIX is because they're planning to bring it over and hype that feature. Hate to say it but when it comes to the West we're kinda gullible when it comes to that.
I been avoiding Demon Souls as to me it looks like a blatant attempt to be an overly serious gritty game trying to appeal to a western crowd. Visually dull to me and I just keep hearing they made it so hard just for the sake of it however I remember From Software always makes tough games. So people are whimpering because they forget how tough games used to be.

Nah, I think I said it once before, its the same extremely Japanese game From has been putting out for years. The thing is most people never played stuff like Evergrace and king's Field so this is like super new to them, then again that ties into the whole gullible thing. Like "I haven't seen it so its new to me" even if stuff like it is easy to find most people won't bother going back and playing older (sometimes better) versions of the same game.
by Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Wed Sep 12, 2012 7:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that pissed you off

She obviously didn't care about you enough if she killed it so quickly.

Feels awful when the only friend you had doesn't give two shits. I'm just not the type of person to be alone, I need a social life otherwise I'm unhappy. I know some people who are content with being by themselves but I'm not one of them, I guess.

Here huuuuuugs.
by Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Thu Sep 13, 2012 1:58 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue 1080p

Bluecast wrote: Fuck this game needs a HD remake.

over the past few days a few more articles popped up about one coming out. I'm starting to actually believe em.
by Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Fri Sep 14, 2012 1:35 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue 1080p

Where??? I didnt see any, or is this an insiders tip?

Also, for someone who is supposed to be a huge Shemmue fan, i have NEVER been in Pop Ice Cream!! :-O

ah just saw people reposting the ones from march and may.

Wonder if it'll get announced leading up to sonic adventure 2 or after. I'm thinking its going to happen though. To be completely honest, I think Jet set Radio is a bit more of a niche thing then shenmue. Think about it, most JSR/JSRF communities are just folded into other ones. Shenmue communities have been born, become popular, lost people, died, and other sites have popped up. I mean shit, the Dojo has been around and active for years. If they've tapped a community significantly smaller then ours for money, it makes sense they'll try and make a dash for our wallets as well.

(and I say let them, milk me like the milky holsteen I am, moooooooooooo)
by Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Fri Sep 14, 2012 4:58 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

:lol: They did yesterday. But yes this has been the worst console announcement ever IMO.

Last years E3 reeked of desperation due to them having no games to announce [20 minutes of Zelda music, a crap load of stats that put Sony to shame and a piss poor announcement, Many thought they were simply releasing the tablet rather than a console] and this years was just as bad with them unable to give any actual details on the console and ending it with a dumb fire work show.

Remember when Microsoft was forced to announce the 360 because it leaked? or when the PS3 slim came out a month after it got announced, or when Sega f'ked up royal and announced the saturn when it came out.

I think people have bad memories. Now I'm not going to act like the nintendo conference was sliced bread but I don't think reeks of desperation is quite right (wonderbooks reeks of desperation)

Plus how can you be desperate with the 3ds? Have you noticed its the fastest selling console of all time? Its got a bunch of million sellers under its belt, quite a few of them first party. ]

Monolith was bought by Nintendo after the GC era, Baten Kaitos: Origins was one of the last games to be released and shortly after Nintendo bought them. So really Namco-Bandai was supporting them.
Maybe Bayonetta WILL be a system seller, Wonderful 101 doesn't play like an XBLA title it actually has a lot of meat to it. Just because of the art stye its not worth buying?
If Zombiu gets ported it won't be the same game, flat out.

and when it comes to reception well people are stupid. i'm really losing faith in consumers. in the past day I've actually heard a few more people talk about buying an Iphone 5 over a wiiu because the wiiu isn't a big enough upgrade.

At this point i don't care who it sells to or what it sells, it has a bunch of games I want, quite a few of them exclusive.

(PS the system will succeed because it is launching with a mario game, because mario games are guaranteed to sell over 1 mill it will likely outpace the vita within 6 months)

And its not being ignorant just because most of the Wiis software was shit. Yeah it has some gems but its mostly shit.

This is being ignorant seriously dude, really? Thee wii had stuff like platformers and sims, strategy games that weren't exclusively based on modern military and one of the better fighting games out there (Make fun of TvC but if you really had the choice you'd take it over MvC3 and SFxT) If you wanna talk about shovelware its not like Jimmy Johnson's anything with an engine didn't hit xbox 360, or Golden compass the game wasn't out on PS3. At this point does it matter? The system is on its way out, and a new system is coming.
by Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Fri Sep 14, 2012 2:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Bayonetta 2

I think the virtues of the 360 version over the PS3 get brought up too much. I'm no expert, not having played the full game of course, but I do know that the core game is exactly the same across both of them. Levels, characters, gameplay, music, design work, etc.
It's all technical stability and better graphics that the 360 offers.
If the core game is the same, I fail to see how the PS3 version could be considered shite compared to the 360 version's supposed brilliance. One is obviously better, of course, I just don't see how a few glitches or graphical advantages can somehow make one of them shit and the other one amazing.

Thing is there's content and performance. The PS3 has the content, but part of actually playing it is performance. The whole point of Bayonetta is the fact that its a very free and open battle system that allows the player to seamlessly change weapons mid combo and its able to recognize inputs with per-frame accuracy like that of a fighting game. When you take that out of the game then its not the same game.

Think about a Hadoken. With more frames no matter when you do it, so long as no other attack has priority it'll happen. Now think about how frustrating laggy matches are, because the framerate has dipped and the game isn't testing for inputs as much you could do the input 5 or 6 times and it won't be recognized for a while. Thats a whole lot less enjoyable, because skill has been removed because the game can't react as quickly as you (and at times not at all)

Back to Bayonetta, going from Shura, to Killgore, switching sets and going to pillowtalk requires some intense input. Add to that the fact that you cancel combos, and even cancel into a dodge and back into the combo from the same spot and you need the system to be extremely stable, especially once you start being able to block.

Thats what makes one game dramatically different from the other as one is unable to actually execute the biggest feature.
by Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Fri Sep 14, 2012 3:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Just canceled my Wiiu pre order and I'll be getting an iPhone 5. Nothing interests me on it other then Pikmin 3 and that won't be out for a few months. I'll most likely get the Wiiu on the day Pikmin comes out or soon after.

This whole iPhone v Wiiu debate is ridiculous anyway. They are two separate things one's a games console and ones a phone/mp3 player. It's like debating that people who buy a new mattress this year aren't real fans of freezers.

The fact that you missed the point makes this a bit comical. The stories I keep telling have to do with people not buying a Wiiu because its not a big enough change from current gen consoles and isn't a big upgrade over the wii.

But an iphone 5 is nominally different in terms of hardware and even features. Its mostly aesthetically different.

So its like saying "Man this new thing is just like this old thing, so I'm going to buy this new other thing thats almost exactly like the one I have"

(for future reference I don't think Nintendo or the wiiu is infallible, I'm just really excited for the launch since its shaping up pretty well. I'm worried about what comes after the launch window. i've pretty much abandoned the ps3, 360 and especially wii for pc gaming,so a new console that looks like it'll get a lot of exclusives in interesting to me. )
by Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Fri Sep 14, 2012 4:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

@Riku

Well both are tech with similar price points and based in entertainment. Yea they don't directly compete, they do have buyers that are overlapping.

Its the general hypocrisy that I'm pointing out, and it exists. People saying "Don't waste money on games" then buying sneakers, or saying the wiiu isn't a meaningful upgrade and buying a new iphone.

Like said before you're not saying you won't get one because its stupid, but you want the game you want for it. (i also though you bought more iOS stuff because i remember one time we were talking about you trying to offload some iphones you got a hold of)

Yes, they are idiots and they make the economy as shitty as it is with their over-blown egos and pettiness.

Erm... buying things actually works in favor of the economy...

Well for us as Americans it doesn't mean much since Foxconn is underpaying foreign workers to make em. A majority of that money is actually getting removed from our economy which is hurting it pretty bad.
by Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Fri Sep 14, 2012 4:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

^Dorian was calling out people who buy the Wiiu over the iPhone 5. The fact is people are buying them for different uses you might as well say people are idiots for not eating cheap shitty food for a month to save up for the WiiU.

Nah, I'm mostly making fun of how general society, especially here in NY, is really backwards with their perception and that they make no sense with buying habits and don't really apply any kind of logic to purchases.

You know why you do/don't want the console, and you've always had the buying habit of getting iOS phones so its not a dig at you (atleast not my end of it)

Its like one of my neighbors complained the other day that I'm buying a Wiiu, and that its dumb to waste my money. Then he went out and bought a 300$ pair of shoes that he doesn't plan to wear.
by Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Fri Sep 14, 2012 4:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

OL wrote: Starfy is great (only played the DS one). Nemo on the NES always looked awesome (kind of creepy too, since he puts animals to sleep and then climbs inside their mouths to control them :lol: ).

You just killed my childhood.

...But yea those games actually took some ideas from the Kirby series.
by Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Fri Sep 14, 2012 4:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JkdqL2rhWns[/youtube]
by Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Fri Sep 14, 2012 9:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Yeaaaa but distributors make a very small piece of the pie. Retail and shipment workers often make minimum wage or slightly above, even if they were pulling in tons of money, not much of it makes it down to middle class workers. In order to spend more money those are the people that need to have disposable income.

The other problem with what you've said is that unemployment rates are going up.

The vast majority of the money being made on stuff like iphones, ipads, heck even consoles and sneakers isn't getting put back into the American economy(or even Europeon), and aren't helping to build South American, African or the Chinese economy. Its a lot of rich people putting money in their pockets.

Game companies are the same, if a big publisher fails and loses money, executives don't take a pay cut, they make layoffs even if the reason for failure was an executive decision.

Big business demonizes itself, doesn't really need much help.

(if you need proof theres tons of articles and lawsuits against walmart, gamestop and other retailers over cost of living)
by Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Fri Sep 14, 2012 9:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I came across a tape I made in college for one of my design classes. I interviewed a bunch of people about their most emotional moments in video games. The three funniest were my room mate who cried at the end of Dual Hearts, my girlfriend, who FLIPPED out during Tales of Symphonia and my dad when he saw Chrono come back to life.

The absolute best was the tales one "I WALKED ALL THE FUCKING WAY ACROSS A WORLD MAP, WENT TO ANOTHER FUCKING GOD DAMNED WORLD AND THEN FUCKING WALKED ACROSS THAT FUCKIN PIECE OF SHIT FOR THIS FUCKING MORON TO TELL ME TO MOVE A MOTHERFUCKING 20 POUND ROCK, OH FUCK THIS SHIT!"
by Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Sat Sep 15, 2012 3:57 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Went to a friends house and sang the promise on a table. There was no rock band, only Chrono Trigger.
by Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Sun Sep 16, 2012 3:37 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Bluecast wrote: So I played the demo for Binary Domain.

I...I..liked...playing a shooter........

by Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Sun Sep 16, 2012 3:36 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Eh, Dead Souls has a certain amount of "this don't work" to it. Part of it is intetional, part of it is by mistake, but the overall accomplishes the goal.

Its a flavor kinda thing, you want cherries, don't eat a cucumber. Sadly thats what people tried to do with it, assuming that because its a 3rd person game that has shooting, its a 3rd person shooter like Resident Evil or something. In truth its a arcady shoot em up thats got more in common with alien syndrome or Ikari Warriors then Vanwuish and Gears.
by Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Mon Sep 17, 2012 12:44 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Aggravating gaming moments

Its really funny the one game everyone finds bugs in, and I've seen like 1, just goes to show stuff like this can totally miss someone.
by Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Mon Sep 17, 2012 2:50 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Persona/Shin Megami Tensei series

Maybe I'm just an old fogie, but i like the first one.
by Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Mon Sep 17, 2012 7:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Franchises that need a small hiatus **READ FIRST**

Some of these need breaks, some needs reboots, some need better talent.

Assassin's creed needs a break. They can go a year without a game, thats what made AC2 so great. Maybe AC3 will change my mind and it'll be this big jump over 2, but considering Brotherhood and Revelations brought so much in, it's hard to imagine.

Pokemon, doesn't need less games oddly enough it needs to stop cutting shit out. B/R to S/G was great because it doubled everything, then they removed a ton of shit for R/S, then they added the stuff from G/S in D/P and B/W. They just need to stop cutting shit out and put the focus back on singleplayer.

Final Fantasy is the one that needs better talent. Sorry guys but Motomu Toriyama is a shitty writer. Seriously look at the stuff under his belt. Final Fantasy X, Final Fantasy X-2, Final Fantasy 13, Final Fantasy 13-2, Final Fantasy 13-3, Revenant Wings, and 3rd Birthday. We can squabble about opinions and such, but people don't talk about 13 today because it was a landmark for the series, but instead surrounded by controversy. They need some new talent, they can go ahead and make 15 and beyond but they need to go back to what they originally did and introduce some new ideas.

Call of Duty...dunno. Its doing something different this year but its basically trying to be Ghost Recon. But its selling, so they ain't gunna change shit for a while.

Sonic just needs to stay the damn same. The problem is too many shit ideas. STOP ADDING let what works, work! Constantly pushing out these ideas half assed isn't helping the series sell, and its fucking boring and annoying trying to throw shit as Silver, or grab something with the werehog. Its got the opposite problem of mario.
by Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Mon Sep 17, 2012 7:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I like apple cider. Just felt everyone should know that.

Oh I've got to be on topic? uhhh well. Regardless of if his tools changed or ir if his fingers got cut off, or if he had some kind of epiphany. His art changed, which is to be expected.

Personally I'm down with the 80/90s anime look because it was more vibrant to me.
by Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I like apple cider. Just felt everyone should know that.

Oh I've got to be on topic? uhhh well. Regardless of if his tools changed or ir if his fingers got cut off, or if he had some kind of epiphany. His TOOLS changed, which is to be expected.

Personally I'm down with the 80/90s anime look because it was more vibrant to me.

How bout now?
by Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Congratulations!

Now get on Trois
by Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

So there were two things on my mind.

The first is Japanese games; I was listening to the Japanese version of the Dragon's dogma OP. I'll give Capcom this much, just like Sengoku Basara 3 used T.M.Revolution's English vocals, the English version has B'z singing in English. Now we have a bit of a problem, why make a Japanese band sing a Japanese song in English? Its hard to even understand whats being said and for the most part its gibberish. Why? Dragon's Dogma (like Dark Souls and Xanadu) is similar to many RPGs made in the west and even started with a western idea. Thing is, you still have a Japanese band performing the intro song that has lyrics. Which leads me to my point. Be Japanese. The west is the west, trying to be like the west is pointless. So many Japanese studios keep trying to make these games that appeal to westerners but in the end they often fall flat because they are neither distinctly Eastern or Western. The Japanese often pride themselves on taking ideas and making them better, that is perhaps its olden tradition and it should be no different for gaming. Take the ideas that are being introduced and instead of trying to copy them, make them better. We got stuff like Record of Lodoss War, Final Fantasy, and ESPECIALLY Shin Megami Tensei from games like DnD, Ultima and Wizardry and I think if Capcom threw its support behind Dragon's Dogma and decided to evolve the genre it could be something special, instead its mostly half cooked ideas taken from other games with the original ideas muddled and hidden by bugs or straight up bad decisions.

The other thing that will inevitably make this a massive wall of text is teaching in games. So many games suck at it. I'm pretty sure a few of you guys got stuck in Arkham city because you forgot how to slide, theres no shame alot of people have. The reason why is simple, they never drill it in. You do it once as part of a tutorial and thats that. Instead you should do it a few times, get used to it and then keep it relevant by adding it once or twice to every "dungeon". Zelda is no different. Fi in is so completely useless because she'll tell you how to press a button but won't tell you button combinations. Rolling a damn bomb requires 2 motions and a button press, why tell the player after its necessary to use this? While searching for the Earth Temple Link needs to roll a bomb across some bones and explode a platform. Fi does not tell you how to roll bombs there? NONONO, instead she teaches you to roll bombs when you reach a hill which is beyond the bone bridge. This isn't a puzzle, its obscurity. The player isn't properly taught what powers they have, and they have no real guide for experimentation. Hitting every button shouldn't be the way to figure out a puzzle. Lets take, Lufia as an example. it has puzzle and specific items for use in dungeons, however the item is a one button thing. You can say "I placed a bomb here" you don't need to worry about rolling, throwing or anything like that until the game specifically gives you a power to do that, and often the game makes you use that power to get out of the room. Metroid is good for that as well. Games now seem to have lost that. Not to say every old game used it, but today's games are terrible at teaching and often offer tons of tutorials that don't really teach or offer lasting advice.
by Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Tue Sep 18, 2012 12:51 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Tokyo Game Show 2012

Both Baten Kaitos and Baten Kaitos 2 were announced at TGS.

I'd shit bricks if Baten Kaitos 3, seriously under rated game.
by Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Tue Sep 18, 2012 5:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Great Videogame Music

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w6ts3p2HQhk[/youtube]
by Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I admit, I was skeptical that Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor’s Edge was just a gorier port of Ninja Gaiden 3. Team Ninja changed my mind when I played the game. Enemies are more aggressive and they won’t plead for their lives anymore. The "steel & bone" quick time kills are gone. Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor’s Edge has dismemberment instead. Yasuda who was watching everyone play had a wry smile when he saw a player die.

http://www.siliconera.com/2012/09/19/yaiba-ninja-gaiden-z-is-from-team-ninja-comcept-and-spark-unlimited/
by Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Wed Sep 19, 2012 4:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: dev comment of the day topic

Bluecast wrote:
Segata Sanshiro Jr. wrote: I like the way i said it better

Your post wasn't there when I started replying

i was going to turn it into a Wayne's world joke buy coulden't get the gif up fast enough :oops:
by Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Wed Sep 19, 2012 6:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Dorian wrote: I'm a guy who gets excited only with the official info so I'll wait for that.

I know a few other things that get you excited ;)

Asian gifs
by Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Wed Sep 19, 2012 6:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

You're completely right that we shouldn't have a classification stamped on our heads at all times.

There are people who will immediately see the depth of the game and will enjoy it for that reason, however there are also people who will not understand what makes the game good at first glance but they recognize the base reasons something is fun.

Still lets look at OL and Dorian . Both men enjoy action games and have an undeniable passion for the genre.

OL enjoys the more stylistic and aesthetic aspect of the games. He gets into games like Blood Will Tell and Onimusha: Dawn of Dreams and Enslaved. These games are all great but all very shallow. Its not to say OL dosen't recognize depth, it just seems like its not a priority to him. I think if I handed him Ninja Gaiden Black and Onimusha: Dawn of Dreams he's take Onimusha and call it a day. He's the kind of player you need to capture with aesthetics and accessibility, once you've got them you can introduce them to the depth by offering rewards specifically for higher difficulties.

Dorian is completely different. He likes em when they're pretty, but it seems he really likes games to be deep and offer a challenge. This is the kind of guy who picks up Bayonetta, Devil May Cry 3, and Ninja Gaiden:Black and puts the game on hard. This is also the base customer, wanting more Dorian will keep buying a series because he trusts a developer. Combos, freedom, challenge, variety and performance is what this crowd wants. They help a developer grow, they can help them look for new ideas and challenge themselves by trying to break the walls the developer has made. The best way to keep this kind of person is to continue offering depth and allowing them the freedom to continue learning and experimenting with a system.

Both are hardcore, and theres a way to make the majority of both happy, but developers keep trying to go one way or the other.
by Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Wed Sep 19, 2012 7:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Bluecast wrote: I feel so left out in Manny's post

You're the third kind of buyer, the snugglebunny, the kind I like to play leapfrog with.

In all seriousness I put you in with OL. You come for the look but stay for the depth, thats why something like Darksiders 2 is up your alley.
by Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Wed Sep 19, 2012 7:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Anyone want a copy of Wizorb on steam? Got an extra code.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JUh09N-EzoM[/youtube]
by Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Bluecast wrote: http://wiiudaily.com/2012/09/unity-engine-wii-u/

Nintendo strikes a deal with unity 3 engine. Wii U can support Cry Engine 3 UT4(modified)
What that means I don't know.

It means they've opened up to indie support and more developers.
by Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Wed Sep 19, 2012 11:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ys & Falcom

To be honest, I actually wish XSeed never got a hold of the Falcom distribution rights. They had some awesome releases before, but now they're basically doing fuck-all with it.

There haven't been any Ys games since Seven. The 4 remake just came out and I'd imagine we'll get that. I think you're just alittle salty they switched to digital because, I won't lie I am too but they've been doing a better job releasing Falcom stuff then any other company ever. don't believe me? Play some Legend of Heroes on PSP. Bandai even changed the way the game played.

Between that and the ghetto release of The Last Story that got pushed back to later that week, making fools out of many gamers that went to the store to pick up the game to discover it wasnt there with no explanation as to why. They are just so small, TITS 2 NEEDS to come out, all this hub bub about the Legend of Heroes series, and it all seems to mean nothing to anyone outside of japan because the rest of the world is so far behind in the release of those games, and its kind of difficult to understand why XSEED signed on to making such a mammoth decision like porting over a 5 year old game like TITS with multiple sequels with a continuing story line, releasing the first game, then shying away from doing anything else for distant future. As much as we love XSEED, they are pissing us off too by making promises they cant keep.

as far as I know that was a distribution problem the same thing happened with Tits, here in NY every retailer except gamestop had the game. Tits 2 is MASSSIVE its the main hitch in the road, 3 has alot of story but its nowhere near as long as and neither is zero or even ao. Do you think its a coiniky dink that Falcom announces that a downloadable version of Tits 2 is going to made available in Japan? or that Zero (and possibly ao) are getting Vita remakes? I think things are shaping up it just requires patience.

Yeah XSeed have been disappointing this past year. Very little from them coming up that interests me. Ragnarok Odyssey looks decent, I suppose. They seem to bite off more than they can chew, another example of this was Grand Knights History. :/

Grand Knights history wasn't their fault. Remember they aren't developers, if a company breaks the agreement they can't really do much, you should be pointing at Vanillaware.

They've made their share of mistakes but aren't you guys alittle quick to shit on a tiny company that has nearly put itself out of business a few times to get things released over here.
by Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Thu Sep 20, 2012 3:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rodea: The Sky Soldier.

UGHHH I want it to come out DAMNIT!
by Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Thu Sep 20, 2012 3:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

^^I actually pretty much agree. The new controller will likely be used for throwaway crap in most cases, and the library of games so far is just a bunch of ports, with all but maybe one or two of the exclusives announced not interesting me in the slightest.
That's not to say I'll never get it. It's almost a guarantee that I will at some point. Game libraries grow as a console stays around for a while, and I have no doubt that eventually it'll have a good amount of games I really want to play.
But at the moment, it's just another console with a lame gimmick, which is really just in place to cut down on piracy.
Give it about a year, allow more games to come out and be announced, and I may be more interested.

Don't remember when the biggest games on ps3 were full auto 2 and Ridge Racer 7 (which were just full auto and ridge racer 6 ported over)

Still Jason Schrier had an idea that sounded really interesting about an RPG where the TV is used for exploration and while exploring the touchpad would be used for real time combat.

Seems like the PS3/360 were beta testers, the real, final versions of all the games are coming to Wii U. :lol:

The real question is, will Wii U be region locked like 3DS and Wii are?

most likely region locked, which sucks donkey dick.

Controllers just another gimmick to me and i dare say i would use the 360 like pad more. But at the moment the console has little to no interest for me as its Nintendo games I'm tired of and ports.

Still worried about what MS and Sony will come out with next so I'm in a wait a see mood at the moment.
Its neat that you can play via the controller screen but using it while playing on a tv? Most the time just gonna be annoying IMO.

again "ZOMG LOOKIT DEES GWAFIX" is a gimmick too. There are plenty of games that look great and have no substance. Even so, playing stuff like Zombiu isn't annoying its pretty cool and it works naturally with the game. A lot of people talk about it being ported, but if it does it becomes a zombie FPS, without the gamepad the whole experience changes and it takes more then just a gimmick to do that.
by Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Thu Sep 20, 2012 4:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ys & Falcom

I love XSEED just fine, but regarding TITS, it is their own fault for making an initial announcement that they are going to release TITS 1 and 2 on PSP, and then not doing it. Its there own fault for biting off more than they can chew, hopefully they will learn and not make the same mistake in the future, but even more than all that, hopefully TITS 2 gets released some time soon because I really want the game. You cant deny they have screwed up lately, im not saying they should burn in hell for that, they do excellent localizations of obscure japanese RPGs and other games more power to em, they just need to tighten up around the edges if they ever want to grow, if not they are on an inevitable path to be a distant memory like Working Designs before them. Dont be surprised if they close down at some point, and when that happens, they cant really point the finger much at anyone else but themselves, and that is the hard truth.

They announced it when the PSP market wasn't dead yet (it actually had quite a few titles at the time) and before the vita. At the time they figured they'd have it done you couldn't have predicted the handheld market in the us or how much its changed. They're still releasing PSP games and even Square-Enix won't release stuff like Type-0. Gotta admit they've got balls.

Anyone want to talk about Solatorobo or Half minute hero or retro game master? all games that xseed localized that consumers left em high and dry with. Working designs got screwed for 2 reason, 1 was Sony demanding they put games in series together, 2 was the big special editions. Well Xseed isn't releasing physical games, and they keep picking up games that people hoot and holler that they want but then don't buy.

Again they've made their mistakes but what can we really expect from them?
by Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Thu Sep 20, 2012 4:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Did i mention graphics? No just i don't want to be looking between screens when playing games. Its also why i think MS tablet thing is a waste of time. When im watching GoT on tv im not going to be looking at my phone pc to get extra info.

When it come to a controller i want to be able to use and never have to look at it while doing so hence why i said if i got one i would use the other pad.

No, you didn't but I was making a point that when the inevitable new consoles come out and offer these insane HD visuals, it'll be just as much of a gimmick because unless they want to spend half a billion dollars they're just going to be working on models, textures, filters and other visual aspects instead of gameplay. It'll be just as much of a gimmick as saying "We've got this controller"

watching TV isn't playing a game. You're thinking about it in terms of something else but its an experience all its own. For Ninja Gaiden I may as well have had the Pro controller because I never looked down once, but playing Zombiu I didn't put the controller down, I had it in front of me almost the whole time so that I could go into my bag and whip something out if I needed. Its one of those things yo need to try because all the examples you keep giving are way off how it actually works.

Its completely true its not for every game, there are plenty that are just plain better with the Pro but its not just some gimmick "look a map" type thing. It can be used for a lot more.
by Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Thu Sep 20, 2012 4:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What Game/Games Are You Currently Playing?

Big names like Capcom,Square,Konami have lost their way.SEGA can go either way but personally pleased with them last couple years. So Not all. Just the big names hard to see over them. Level 5,Falcom,Nintendo,Mistwalker,Atlus and more still get it just fine.

I think it goes beyond that (I'm also starting to get sick of Atlus a bit). Epic, Microsoft, Bioware, Ubisoft and Activision are as guilty as Square-Enix or any of the Japanese studios.

(Capcom is doubly bad since they keep putting small studios out of business making these really bad versions of their IPs)
by Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Fri Sep 21, 2012 12:51 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic