Search found 14 matches

Return

Re: Shenmue Undub Download Here..

My Undub version will not be 100% English subtitle, in fact the Japanese version of Shenmue contain much more text than the English version. Initially I was going to Propose a version not complete, some Japanese dialogues appear occasionally (it represents 2% of total text).

I wanted to put online in the coming days CD 1 and 2 Shenmue UNDUB, however, I found someone who could translate all dialogues remained in Japanese.

I delay the output of cd 1 and 2 of Shenmue Undub.

Here's the latest info on my part :)
by kogami
Sat Nov 30, 2013 2:41 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue Undub Download Here..

Kogami's version will have all the Japanese lines translated into English?

There are a few lines in Japanese, but 97% are in English.

So, no more missing voice files?

No voice is missing (CD-R 80 including)
by kogami
Sat Feb 15, 2014 4:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Shenmue Undub [Japanese Speech Mod] [CD-R 80/99/GDI]

http://kogami.free.fr/Photo/Shenmue/logo.jpg

Shenmue is a 1999 adventure video game developed by Sega AM2 and published by Sega for the Dreamcast, produced and directed by Yu Suzuki. Suzuki coined a genre title for its nonlinear gameplay, "FREE" (Full Reactive Eyes Entertainment), for the game, based on the interactivity and freedom he wanted to give to the player. Suzuki intended to achieve this by simulating aspects of real life through the game, such as the day and night system, real-time variable weather effects (unheard of in a game of this kind at the time), fully voiced non-player characters with their own daily schedules, quick time events, and various other interactive elements such as vending machines, arcades, and convenience stores.

This version made by me offers users the ability to play Shenmue with Japanese voices and English subtitles. I used the official English translation for this undub version, but the Japanese version of Shenmue contains more dialogue, there is approximately 3% of Japanese text retained in my version (I have not yet managed to find a translator that is able to translate the remaining Japanese sentences into English for me).

I used the translation from "US Shenmue" to make this Undub version.

For this release, I copied all the necessary directories (Sound + Japanese Subtitle) into a PAL ISO for Shenmue and I changed most of the Japanese text into English one line at a time. Thanks to the translation tools that Sizious released.

The advantage of this method:
-Less errors/Synchronization bugs (lip sync)
-The subtitles for the dialogue are in good working order in the game
-I replaced the designs of the vending machines with the original Japanese versions
-For the CD-R 80 version, I downsampled some of the voices to avoid deleting any audio from the game (as a result all of the characters have speech)

Unfortunately, there is still some Japanese text in the script (3%) Because the Japanese script contains more text than the English script, and I am not able to translate them (This only concerns the NPCs).

Thus this version of Shenmue Undub corrects some of the errors that plagued Smiths version.

Two version are available (CD-R 80 and CD-R 99) with some difference to make it fit in the appropriate sizes,

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Shenmue Undub "Disc 1" [PAL-E] (CD-R 80):
-I downsampled the NPC audio only (not cutscene) in FREE01.AFS from 14000hz to 11025hz.
-The language menu and text is in English only.

Shenmue Undub "Disc 2" [PAL-E] (CD-R 80):
-I downsampled the NPC audio only (not cutscene) in FREE02.AFS from 14000hz to 8000hz.

Shenmue Undub "Disc 3" [PAL-E] (CD-R 80):
-I downsampled the NPC audio only (not cutscene) in FREE03.AFS from 14000hz to 8000hz.
-Arcade game remove (Hang On/Space Harrier)
-Track CDDA remove ("Wish..." song motorcycle cutscene)

Download:
[Link removed]
[Link removed]
[Link removed]

Shenmue Undub "Disc 1" [PAL-E] (CD-R 99):
Shenmue Undub "Disc 2" [PAL-E] (CD-R 99):
Shenmue Undub "Disc 3" [PAL-E] (CD-R 99):
-Everything is untouched on the disk, no changes have been made.

Download: .mdf / .mds format "Alcohol 120%"
Shenmue Undub Disc 1 (CD-R 99)
Shenmue Undub Disc 2 (CD-R 99) [reupload bug fix 07/2015]
Shenmue Undub Disc 3 (CD-R 99)

Download: .cdi format "DiscJuggler"
Shenmue Undub Disc 1 (CD-R 99) CDI
Shenmue Undub Disc 2 (CD-R 99) CDI [reupload bug fix 07/2015]
Shenmue Undub Disc 3 (CD-R 99) CDI

Shenmue Undub [PAL-E] .GDI for GDEMU/USB-GDROM/Emulator: [News 07/11/15]
-Everything is untouched on the disk, no changes have been made.

Download:

Mediafire ( Disc 1,2,3) - Re-uploaded by shengoro86.

Shenmue Undub Disc 1 (GDI)
Shenmue Undub Disc 2 (GDI)
Shenmue Undub Disc 3 (GDI)

The savegame for this version is compatible with the PAL version of Shenmue II.

You will need Alcohol 120% to burn the file (.mdf / .mds).
Alcohol 120% trial v2.0.2.5830

Follow these instructions for burning to CD-R 80 and CD-R 99 discs:
Tuto Burning part 1
Tuto Burning part 2

Special thanks: Manic, Sizious, Shendream, Hiei-, MagicSeb, FamilyGuy.

Preview video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jHMLu5FZ7Jk

http://img11.hostingpics.net/pics/564304Sanstitre2.jpg
by kogami
Wed Feb 19, 2014 12:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue Undub [Japanese Speech Mod] [CD-R 80/99]

Finally I found the problem, It is a good news but also one bad news.

This is the function -duplicates-once which makes this game launch of more random.

It will be difficult to pass this command to bring Shenmue on a CD-R 80. He'll have to further reduce the audio file to reduce in size.

The CD 3 is likely to not enter a CD-R 80 with fonction -duplicates-once.

The version CD-R 99 does not contain the function -duplicates-once, and I do not think distributing a version CD-R 80 with file audio delete.

For me this story is over, I do not come back on this issue. Now you are free to make your own CD-R 80 version if the one I propose you do not satisfy you.

I can devote myself now to the finalized of Shenmue Undub CD 3.
by kogami
Sun Feb 23, 2014 5:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Shenmue Undub CD 3 is completed for release CD-R 99, available for download in the next day.
by kogami
Sun Mar 09, 2014 8:20 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Available on the first page.

Shenmue Undub [PAL-E] CD-R 99:
Shenmue Undub Disc 1 (CD-R 99)
Shenmue Undub Disc 2 (CD-R 99)
Shenmue Undub Disc 3 (CD-R 99)

The release CD-R 80 come later (I do not know yet if it will be possible to propose this version).
by kogami
Sun Mar 09, 2014 3:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I have to fix something on disk 3, it will be available later.

Anyhow, I know I'm new, but if you have the untranslated text, and the context, I'm fairly confident that I can translate it, it may take a bit of time, but I've done some small translations before, nothing too major, a Tenchi Muyo manga, but its not impossible. Thank god for Rikai and all that. Let me know.

Here are untranslated Japanese texts for the first disc:
Script Shenmue GD-R 1
by kogami
Tue Mar 11, 2014 2:33 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Ouais il casse les couilles grave avec ces problèmes de CD, sa console dois être tresssssssss fatigué parce que j'ai quand même pris la peine de tester la version CD-R 80 est elle fonctionne assez bien même si il est vrais que le boot plante de temps en temps pour nous faire atterrir sur le menu audio, mais il suffit de relancer le jeu pour qu'il passe.

Façon y'a pas 36 solution pour faire tenir Shenmue sur un simple CD-R 80, j'aurais pus supprimer des audio pour faire entrer le jeu sur 700mb, mais quelle intérêt de faire ca pour une version Undub ? Le but quand même c'est de redécouvrir le jeu avec les voix Japonaise.

Le plus drôle dans l'histoire c'est qu'il me dit que j'ai pas respecter l’ordre des fichier d'origine du GD-R lors de la création de l'iso, puis après dans ces post il me sort le contraire et que c'est pas optimisé parce que j'ai garder l'ordre d'origine du GD-R, wtf O_o.

Pour en revenir oui j'aimerais bien traduire quand même ces 3% de textes resté en japonais pour finaliser le projet car en jouant on tombe quand même sur quelques phrase en japonais.

http://kogami.free.fr/Photo/Shenmue/Script_Shenmue_GD-R_1.zip
http://kogami.free.fr/Photo/Shenmue/Script_Shenmue_GD-R_2.zip
http://kogami.free.fr/Photo/Shenmue/Script_Shenmue_GD-R_3.zip

Si tu a la possibilité de voir avec tes amis.
by kogami
Wed Mar 19, 2014 1:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Hello everyone, I'm sorry not to have given new long time, I've been busy. With the announcement of the release of Shenmue 3, I decided to distribute new copy of Shenmue Undub.

Add

Shenmue Undub "Disc 2" [PAL-E] (CD-R 99): [reupload bug fix 07/2015]

Shenmue Undub [PAL-E] .GDI for GDEMU/USB-GDROM/Emulator:
Shenmue Undub Disc 1 (GDI)
Shenmue Undub Disc 2 (GDI)
Shenmue Undub Disc 3 (GDI)

If anyone can confirm that games boot on GDEMU? I do not have the equipment to test.

Thx.

BTW, there is any undub version of shenmue 2? Just to play Shenmue 2 for DC with Yuan male voice

I realized this version but I have never shared it.

https://youtu.be/5j4qmMi-M-s
by kogami
Sat Jul 11, 2015 12:12 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue Undub [Japanese Speech Mod] [CD-R 80/99/GDI]

I work on a fix!!!

EDIT:

available

Disque 1-2 and 3, I await your feedback
by kogami
Sat Jul 11, 2015 7:36 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I added version .cdi on the first page, If you have a problem, try this version.
by kogami
Sat Jul 18, 2015 2:27 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

J'ai acheté un vieux graveur de marque Pionneur (15€) exprès pour pouvoir graver Shenmue sur des CD-R99 min et perso je n'ai rencontré aucun bug sur les 3 CD. J'ai une Dreamcast Neuve qui à servie peu de fois donc peut-être aussi que ça joue. Les CD je les est trouvé sur le net à l'époque du projet.

Il y'a que le CD 3 qui ne passe pas du 1er coup car il me manqué de la place sur le CD et je n'ai pas rajouté ce qu'il fallait pour le bootage automatique mais une fois ingame, plus aucun soucis.

J'avais le choix de faire comme ça ou bien de lancer le CD Utopia avant, j'ai préféré cette solution quitte à relancer le CD plusieurs fois pour qui démarre.

The 3 % which stays in Japanese are not absolutely embarrassing for the understanding of the story because it is about certain PNJ. I am satisfied to learn that everything works well on your dreamcast
by kogami
Mon Jul 20, 2015 3:36 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Voice Acting

Japanese of course !!!!
by kogami
Fri Jul 01, 2016 9:45 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Kickstarter Update #84 - Survey Info #1: Survey Started!

I had news for those who wish to buy Shenmue III in a region other than that of their country of origin.

Me:
If I want to have a physical version presently of Shenmue III in Japanese version, must I enter a Japanese address? (I have friends in Japan who could receive him for me) I really hope this option will be available so that I can order several version different region of Shenmue III

Shenmue III NTSC-J (PS4 physical)
Shenmue III PAL-E (PS4 physical)

Shenmue III NTSC-J (PC physical)
Shenmue III PAL-E (PC physical)

Fangamer:
Hey there Kogami,

Fangamer has received guidance from Ys Net instructing us (Fangamer) to not request separate regions, and to only use the backer's country information. Ys Net is looking into possibly opening up region selection later. For more questions — or to send comments about this decision — please get in contact with Ys Net directly by either sending a message to them on Kickstarter or sending Ys Net an email to [email protected].

Please let us know if you have any other questions!

Ryan Alyea

Me to Ys Net:
Hello, I live in France, but I would like to have a physical version Playstation 4 of Shenmue III in Japanese version (box / manual, guide book etc ...) for my personal collection. I participated in the Kickstarter campaign and I made an offer of 500$ for this project to fund.

https://nsa39.casimages.com/img/2018/07/04/180704042035664049.png

For this pack I would have liked to have it in Japanese full edition version, unfortunately, it is not possible to choose a Japanese version currently on the Fangamer form.

I sent an email to Fangamer to ask if it was possible to have it in Japanese and he told me that he was not allowed to propose the choice of the Shenmue III region and that it comes from your personal choice.

Please let us choose the choice of our Shenmue III region, I wish to buy several version of Shenmue III.

Shenmue III "NTSC-J" (PS4 physical) 500$
Shenmue III "PAL-E" (PS4 physical) 80$

Shenmue III "NTSC-J" (PC physical) 60$
Shenmue III "PAL-E" (PC physical) 60$

I am not alone in wanting to make this choice because many collectors own Shenmue I & II in different version (NTSC-J, NTSC-U and PAL-E)

Thanking you in advance!!!!

Ys Net:
Hello kogami,

Thank you very much for the message. Initially your address country decides your region, however, you will receive an email from Fangamer at a later date asking you to confirm your region, so you can change your region if you wish at that time.

Best Regards,
Oscar & the Shenmue III Team
by kogami
Thu Jul 05, 2018 10:05 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic