Search found 779 matches

Return

Re: Less Forums

Personally I prefer there to be no sub-forums. Before now, if something was in a sub-forum that just meant that I wasn't going to read it.

While I think bookmarks and subscribing to topics is a good idea I don't know if stickies should be completely done away with (which they haven't). Sometimes, I'm too lazy to log in (or can't) and I like to be able to find popular topics easily.

As for Junk, I don't care for it one way or another.

I, personally, like the changes so far. Thanks for the hard work guys :)
by Thief
Fri Aug 17, 2012 2:09 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Bronies

Well I don't exactly go up to girls and say, "Do you like pokemon? CAUSE I DO!!!!" :P

Oh and Spokes, I mailed your package today. Freakin' finally. Expect it soon :)
by Thief
Mon Aug 20, 2012 11:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Gaming thoughts of the day

Talking about puzzle games reminded me how Bust a move 4 for the dreamcast has some pretty weird cover art.

The Japanese version is a lot better, it actually looks like the game. :P

by Thief
Tue Aug 21, 2012 5:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The Shenmue Dojo - 10th Anniversary Video & Members Gall

Action shot of KiBa lurking at ShenmueDojo

by Thief
Tue Aug 21, 2012 7:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: You crazy sexy SOBS What is on your minds!

Turns out my Music Theory teacher was Miss Arizona in 1996 :lol:

She's at 7:00

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0SDZVbXU2TI[/youtube]
by Thief
Wed Aug 22, 2012 12:31 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

EDIT: After posting this I just read OL's news. Congratulations man!

I'm really excited. I've been back and forth with what I want to do in college but I always come back to one thing. I keep finding excuses for why I shouldn't but now I've decided to do what I love. So, I'm now officially a music theory and composition major with my instrument piano and a minor in guitar. Really excited for the future but I've got my work cut out for me. I must prepare to not have a social life at all for a while, haha.
by Thief
Thu Aug 23, 2012 6:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Lamewad Music

Hey guys, I recently became a music major and not only do I get free 1 hour lessons in my instrument (piano) but I also get a half hour lesson in a second instrument! I've chosen guitar because I've taught myself some guitar but never really had lessons and would love to be get better. I'm also going to start taking voice lessons from my mom (also free) because she was a Music Education Major in Voice and she said she'd help me out :)

Anyway, I've started a channel on youtube to serve as a sort of improvement log. I've posted four videos; three videos from when I was in high school (they're pretty bad), and one "starter" video to begin showing off my progress (also bad haha :P). I want to post a video every month or so in order to help myself see how I'm improving over time. You don't have to subscribe or anything because I'm not really looking for that, but it's just something for myself that I figured I'd share with friends and family. You guys fall under the friends category... unless there's something I don't know about. Uncle Bob?...

Oh and this is going to be pretty much just Guitar and Vocals, no piano... unless I change my mind in the future.

Anyway my channel is Schmeman
http://www.youtube.com/user/Schmeman

And here's the first video. Thought I'd pick one of my favorite songs to start off with, "Place to Be" by Nick Drake.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cm3ur0cXj5I
by Thief
Thu Aug 23, 2012 8:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Square and Enix RPG's(anything outside Final Fantasy)

SNK does some pretty great sprite work. Especially with King of Fighters 13 just last year. I've never really seen any old 2d sprite games in "hd" though so...
by Thief
Sun Aug 26, 2012 9:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Lamewad Music

not bad, it'd be cool to see you make some originals. Not a fan of watching people play other people's music.

Maybe I'll make that a goal for my next video, an original song. However, I'll never stop playing other people's songs. I like doing covers and playing my favorite tracks.

What guitar is that LAMEWAD? Cool fretboard inlays.

Hey, sorry for hijacking yer thread, but check my channel as well: http://www.youtube.com/user/VyseHazuky/videos

And keep up the good work! :D

^ It's a Dean Tucson Acoustic/Electric Guitar

http://i.imgur.com/ibKiV.jpg

Thanks for sharing your channel, Vyse! Love it! :)
by Thief
Sun Aug 26, 2012 8:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things That Made You Genuinely Happy Today!

Life is so fucking great right now! Everything I'm doing is making me happy! It's contagious!

please pardon my french!
by Thief
Mon Aug 27, 2012 3:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Studying Abroad in London

I recommend Zhangyu Barber's Shop. Just be sure not to move no matter what happens.
by Thief
Mon Aug 27, 2012 5:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

It's such a weird feeling looking at old posts of mine. I don't remember ever saying most of the things but they're there... so I guess I did. It's like looking at me... but a different me, since I can't recall ever saying most of it. Now I'm being redundant. Anyway...
by Thief
Fri Aug 31, 2012 12:52 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Bays TMNT --- They come from space

Apple products? As in the fruit?

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dEZVZ-2k6Po[/youtube]
by Thief
Fri Aug 31, 2012 1:23 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Favorite Anime Opening/Ending Songs

What's your favorite Anime ending and opening songs?

I love the first opening to Hunter X Hunter (fav. anime ever!), makes me feel right at home :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1IAOZn2YwiQ

I love how they mixed it into the show on harmonica. I actually bought a harmonica just so I could learn to play this song :P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PyBL4ak4GhQ

Second Opening is great too :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VAflk4baHWE

I also really like the opening and most of the music in general from SDF: Macross

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cz4c0578_So

I'm so pumped now!
by Thief
Sat Sep 01, 2012 3:13 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Final Fantasy

Good to see ya, Dorian. :)
by Thief
Sat Sep 01, 2012 3:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Sega "Heritage" Collection Trailer

"Play them again for the first time"

What a weird sentence.
by Thief
Mon Sep 03, 2012 2:00 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I do, and will, hate. Hatred is just as important as love, in my opinion. As long as my hatred is rational, then I can use it to better my judgement. Just as someone might spend their whole life with someone they love, they also spend their whole life avoiding those that they hate.
by Thief
Tue Sep 04, 2012 6:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I'm confident in my insecurity!

Wait...
by Thief
Tue Sep 04, 2012 7:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Tokyo Game Show 2012

Henry Spencer wrote: Like Riku, I hope there's new games we know nothing about.

Because you started your sentence with "like" I couldn't help but read that as if a teenage girl was saying it.
by Thief
Tue Sep 04, 2012 11:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Devil May Cry series

Gunna have to agree with Ryudo on this one. I never really got into the Devil May Cry series, but from what I've seen from the reboot, I don't really want to.

It looks very - dare I say it?! - lame.
by Thief
Thu Sep 06, 2012 3:00 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Random Thoughts! v2.0

Kenny wrote: Its not cool to stereotype people like that

"All generalizations are false; including this one." - Mark Twain

:???:
by Thief
Fri Sep 07, 2012 4:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

http://gma.yahoo.com/blogs/abc-blogs/yangtze-river-turns-red-turns-mystery-175232434--abc-news-topstories.html

Thats very strange. Wonder what caused it?

"These have power to shut heaven, that it rain not in the days of their prophecy: and have power over waters to turn them to blood, and to smite the earth with all plagues, as often as they will." Revelation 11:6
by Thief
Fri Sep 07, 2012 6:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: RPG's( NOT Falcom,Square,Bethesda,Bioware)

My favorite parts of Lost Odyssey were the short stories/dreams that you could unlock, they were surprisingly good.

That and the map theme, of course.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=135Gltfkxeo[/youtube]
by Thief
Sat Sep 08, 2012 4:47 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Post a PM

I once had someone, on myspace, claim to be my father and began (in a long-winded private message) to tell me how sorry he was for never being there for me... or something.

EDIT: Found all of his messages.

Jim (jimbo) says

if your moms name is patricia and stephanie and michelle are your sisters and nick your brother
then we should probably try to talk. i have waited since you were two so if you arent ready i can continue to wait until you are do you know anything about me other than what you have been told
? the truth will need to come out eventually its concealment has cost so much already. i wont bother you again if i hear frm you i will finnally rejoice if nt i will deal with it if anything you need just ask .if it is in my power t provide, i will
later
jim

Jim (jimbo) says

had i done the things patty helped coach steph,nicki and mitchelle why is there no proof? why no prison record? why did i help deliever you and sign the originol birth cert,? why was i listed as your father on your babtism hard to believe my son could be so easily fooled and manipulated i taught you piano as an infant do you still playor was that taken with a lie of course in your best interest. please just try a dialog talk to me while im still here lies surround you by many you trust ask me for proof i have witnessess like kari my x that promised to provide you with the truth when this day came, i have suffered enough just to protect you untill you became a man regardless you will always be my son and i will always choose to love you from this life on clearly you sit in judgment of your own flesh and blood based on lies is that who you became,son?
love
jim

Jim (jimbo) says

hope you are well. still cant reason with your mom,but i tried for all thats worth.
you should know the truth. i never threatened you or any of the kids with harm.
they were told to lie to me when i called to talk to my wife. patty told them to tell me she was sleeping and i demanded nick wake her up it was an emergency. fact is she was out but told them to lie to me. also to conceal the fact my wife was pretending to stay with patty, while already screwing another man. that was the lie that cost you and i all to cover up my wife cheating on me.
then i came to get our dog my wife left behind . y had michelle lie to the police. claiming i stole her dog and broke into a store room and stole items that never got taken until kari came and got them.
i went to court to have them caught for pergery so patty sent nick and mitch to calli so they wouldnt catch her in her lies. she swore to the court that i was some past boyfriend that was stalking her and that i had no relation to you . she and kari destroyed my karaoke business and continued to make false police reports to keep me from contacting you . they kari stole my car and got me put on the street all to cover up my wife cheating. i protested kari moving in w patty they swore nothing would keep you from me. they lied months later kari came back to say goodbye she moved to mn. we fell back in love and i moved with her. that lasted 6 mo i called your uncle to try to get him to talk some sense into your mom. he also claims i made a threat to you that is so stupid he couldnt come up w a new lie? so i say to both of them you get them to take a polygraph i send you a crisp hundred.
if they pass yea right i send them each a hundred. and i submit to one myself to prove i never threatened to harm any one but myself all to cover up lie after lie.
we used to cruise in a 5.0 conv. you and your siblings stayed w us often we had a badass house w a pool nick and michelle didnt want to go home to pattys yelling so they said. anyway if u need anything i can provide its yours just ask and dont forget the 100$ challenge god be with you love jim

oh yeah i forgot your mom keeps trying to lay a guilt trip on me to get money.
she says because all your medical bills.
you will get part of a settlement i have coming ,if u want it . and you are the sole benificary on my life ins.
she can earn 1000$ by simply proving the truth under polygraph. and ill add another 1000$ if she discloses how long it was after she found out she was pregnant with you before she quit using cocaine on a daily basis. sure your condition wasnt helped by her use if not the actual cause. athousand dollars just to tell the truth to you while being tested let me know when to set it up. hell maybe in said i would fight for custody and she lied saying i said i would first it was kill you now she says she has a recording i threatened to kidnap you. bet she was doin coke then too peace out jim
by Thief
Sun Sep 09, 2012 1:12 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

If having gay parents is going to eventually become normal in however long, then some kids are going to end up bullied along the way. That said, I can't agree that every kid will get bullied simply because of that. There are too many variables.
by Thief
Sun Sep 09, 2012 4:32 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Crimson Dragon [Project Draco]

As much as I love Panzer Dragoon (and I loooooooooove it), I'm still not sold on this. I just can't get into playing games by awkwardly flailing my hands. I'd buy it, in a heartbeat, if it had controller support. But for now I guess it'll just be something I'll keep my eye on.
by Thief
Sun Sep 09, 2012 4:47 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Now here's a question,

KiBa wrote:
"Do you trust me?

by Thief
Sun Sep 09, 2012 11:53 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: NTSC vs. PAL vs. Japanese

Panzer Dragoon Saga: While I really do like the Japanese cover art, there's something I just love about the US cover. It's simpler but I think it's ... I don't know I just like it :P I think it mainly has to do with the expression on Edge and Azel's faces.

I'm sure many people will disagree.

Japanese
http://i.imgur.com/mfAew.jpg

US
http://i.imgur.com/6K062.jpg

I've also always liked the cheesy American fantasy art on the cover of Suikoden more so than the Japanese cover. Not sure why, just do.

Japanese:
http://i.imgur.com/xm0pA.jpg

US:
http://i.imgur.com/OLcC7.jpg
by Thief
Sun Sep 09, 2012 3:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Yakuza series

I think I'm one of those people who doesn't really like playing video games all that much. I love them, but the actual gameplay is not the most important thing to me. I like atmosphere and design... and I tend to have fun in ways very different than most people. It's sort of why Shenmue is the perfect game for me.
by Thief
Sun Sep 09, 2012 7:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I'm posting too many random and pointless posts right now. It's because I'm procrastinating. Time to get off of the dojo and go do some work.
by Thief
Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue Collections

Well... I added something to my Shenmue collection.

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2056/1491004957_c46e228521_b.jpg

cost me 30 USD.

My collection is (slowly) coming along:
Shenmue NTSC-U
Shenmue II NTSC-U
Shenmue Versus Books
Shenmue VHS

and now the poster :P

I'm not a big collector or anything but it's still fun, plus I really do like the poster.
by Thief
Tue Sep 11, 2012 4:00 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Your Favourite Theories

I kind of have the feeling that the only character from Shenmue II to make a return in Shenmue III would be Shenhua (other than Ryo of course). I also think that Shenmue III (this is all assuming that more than three Shenmue games are made) would take place entirely in Guilin. I wouldn't be surprised if characters like Nozomi, Ren, Gui Zhang, Joy, Xiuying, et cetera never made another appearance in the games, but I don't know much at all about Yu Suzuki's plans or anything and haven't done much research (any) so I'll probably be told I'm wrong pretty fast :lol:

These are all just hunches, gut feelings, I don't really have any way to back them up...
by Thief
Tue Sep 11, 2012 3:25 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

You are not authorised to read this forum.
by Guest

Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue 1080p

Absolutely amazing Wude! Thank you so much! :D
by Thief
Fri Sep 14, 2012 6:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Was writing a melody in the Dorian mode... thought of this place.
by Thief
Sun Sep 16, 2012 8:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue Contest.

I think you should try to take a good photo but it's not exactly an art contest, but should still be presented decently. As Axm said, the most important thing would obviously be what's being photographed, however, that doesn't mean you can't try your best to make it visually appealing.

I don't think we should exclude people in Japan. A good Shenmue inspired picture doesn't have to come from Japan, and wouldn't necessarily be the best if it did.
by Thief
Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: I'm so lame but I was bored. Ryudo's Dojo

Nothing wrong with being lame.
by Thief
Mon Sep 17, 2012 4:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Your favourite gaming steeds

Lagi from Panzer Dragoon II: Zwei

I'm sort of attached to the little dragon in PD2. Starts off as a baby and you really kind of feel the need to protect it. The part where he flies for the first time is one of my favorite moments in any video game.
by Thief
Mon Sep 17, 2012 5:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Persona/Shin Megami Tensei series

Different? Changed. :lol:

You guys are silly.
by Thief
Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Things That Made You Genuinely Happy Today!

Sometimes something will just downright make me feel happy. This thread is for those moments. The feel good thread.

I'll start with a video.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=As3fHxY2Vto[/youtube]
by Thief
Wed Jun 20, 2012 6:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What Game/Games Are You Currently Playing?

Today I decided to actually play through the demo of Resident Evil 6... even though I really haven't been a fan since 4 (well I didn't really like zero either but whatever).

Nothing happened in Leon's. I walked through some rooms and I think there were zombies. Chris' starts off with the lamest patriotic speech that should be just before the climax of a really bad action movie, and zombies now have guns. Fuck the acid spitting jackasses from Jake's storyline and - I don't know - I can't remember anything else about Jake's Campaign.

That's all that stuck out to me.
by Thief
Fri Sep 21, 2012 4:04 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: RPG's( NOT Falcom,Square,Bethesda,Bioware)

Ryudo is talking about the epilogue. I mean the ending. You'll know exactly what I mean once you're done.

Are you talking about when

someone pushed a button and the universe was destroyed/created, and that one dude was a computer program and yeah.

because I thought that was pretty awful.
by Thief
Fri Sep 21, 2012 4:13 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic