Search found 374 matches

Return

Re: The reunion topic.

TwiceFriedRice wrote: Where the fuck is Silas???

This! It's wrecking me knowing the big guy hasn't stopped by. Me, him and Rome were what I remember most from 2004.
by Peter
Mon Jun 22, 2015 5:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

TwiceFriedRice wrote: Where the fuck is Silas???

A question that needed to be asked and I had been wondering myself already. I remember that he was here late last year but am surprised that he hasn't shown up yet.
by ys
Mon Jun 22, 2015 5:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I've been observing from a far, it would have been rude to not come back.
by FRASIER v3
Mon Jun 22, 2015 5:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What are your hobbies?

oh shit miles! you too!
by santino
Mon Jun 22, 2015 2:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: song name...

I prefer the in game version as well. Before i got the soundtracks, and back when they were available for download on FilePlanet, I always wanted to get this track. Love it.
by Supa
Mon Jun 22, 2015 4:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The Day The Snow Turned Into A Game

http://i.imgur.com/R9dPCjn.jpg

Dear Members,

As many of you know, last week was a week that will go down in history for our community. After 14 years of waiting and hoping, it was revealed by Yu Suzuki himself that he is finally in a position to move forward with the creation of Shenmue 3, albeit with a bit of a caveat. Through the announcement of a Kickstarter campaign , Suzuki-San as asked us the fans to help bring his dream, as well as ours, to life by backing and supporting a campaign to help fund the development of the project. While there are various entities supporting this project, Suzuki-san himself has stated that that the fate of Shenmue 3 now rests in our hands and that our actions as a community will dictate the capabilities his team will have in creating the game and to ideally meet its full creative potential.

If you have not already done so, please visit the campaign website and take some time to consider the extent to which you would be willing and able to support this project; note that there are a range of pledge levels with corresponding reward tiers for every single level of backing. As the campaign progresses, there will also be added levels of support to coincide with stretch funding goals as they are introduced. All of the funds that are pledged will be allocated to and utilized SOLELY by YSNET to develop the game.

Contrary to a lot of the dubiously sourced misinformation that has been circulating in recent days, Sony will NOT be funding the entire budget for the game nor will they subsidizing the development costs for YSNET. While Sony will provide various technical investments in conjunction with marketing and promotional support, this project will remain firmly in the directorial hands of Yu Suzuki and his staff. While it is true that there are a number of backers for Shenmue 3, we at this time do not know the scope of how these other entities are involved with the project. All that we can establish for now is that we as a community are in fact the primary patrons for the development of the game and that the responsibility of making Shenmue 3 the strongest game it can be ultimately resides with us.

Over the next few weeks leading up to the conclusion of the Kickstarter campaign, we will be introducing two specific social-media based initiatives to promote the backing of the Shenmue 3 Kickstarter and the series as a whole. The first initiative, #30onthe3rd , is a continuation of our monthly tweetathon #SaveShenmue but with a twist. On 7/3/2015, we encourage everyone to who is able to increase their pledge amount by $30 and post a corresponding tweet as a sign of solidarity within the community. The 2nd initiative, #10MillionToShenmue3 , is a hashtag campaign to be disseminated across all social media platforms to highlight the need for additional funding for Shenmue 3 in order have it be the project that Yu Suzuki has dreamed of creating. In a recent interview, Suzuki-san stated that at a $10 million funding level Shenmue 3 would feature a truly open world that would follow in the lineage of the previous installments.

The time has finally come for us in the Shenmue community to support the series that has given us so much over years. We are now in a position where we can directly impact and influence the creation of Shenmue 3 and give Suzuki-san our direct input While the task at hand may seem daunting, if we come together and collaborate our efforts we will attain the game that we have wanted and deserved for so long. Thank you all very much for your support and we would not be in the position we are in now if it was not for your perseverance and dedication for the series against all odds. We have truly made it.

Keep friends,

The Shenmue Dojo Staff
by Yama
Mon Jun 22, 2015 10:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 10000 dinner reward back up for grabs!

This is also an investment.

My brother and I are 2nd in command at this school and we are getting larger every year. The owner is getting older and we plan to take over the school full time. We would love to design it around Shenmue and have members of the Dojo come teach English and live our their dreams of living in Guilin.

We have many connections here and a degree is not required for our school. Some basic Chinese is required though. You don't need a teaching Visa either. A basic passport is all you need but you have to leave within 90 days.

We are still in the planning stage for how we are going to do this.

hey man - just want to say this is absolutely amazing.
I was in Yangshou last year - If I had known I defo would have popped by!
My wife is a languages teacher who is learning mandarin (Ihowever have been studying japanese!).

Guilin, and the whole area around the Li river, was a beutiful place and would love to go back for more reasons than just Shenmue.

I am really happy that you got the opportunity to meet Suzuki-san and the others - plus that you were able to contribute to the campaign! Well done!

Thank you RF! We are currently back in DC. The summer programs are about to end. Fall programs are coming up and my brother will be out there in August to work on scheduling and curriculum. You are more than welcome to come out or you can wait until next May when I will be back.

If you want to teach you can stay as long as you want but most stay for about 45 days. We can arrange it to where you don't have to pay for lodging. Bobby is our on site manager and he reserves his guest room for special guests.

I hope to be in Yangshuo full time, eventually. It's so beautiful and the people treat you so well. (I'm know you are aware of this). You should come back!

Moments like this are life's purpose.
http://i.imgur.com/7ZFcYch.jpg
by wdrpgwd
Mon Jun 22, 2015 9:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Been posting for a while now, again, as I got that Shenmue itch again.

But, anywho, official hellos to everybody. :D Great to see you guys. Bows, bows.
by BayStone
Tue Jun 23, 2015 1:26 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The Game Of Thrones TV topic

I'm rewatching season one. Understand it a lot more than the first time around.
I keep meaning to watch the first season again (partly because I simply don't remember how certain characters interacted with one another before everyone split off!), maybe I should do that before Season 6...

Beware Tyrion's hair! :shock:
by Sonikku
Mon Jun 22, 2015 6:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Suzuki, "I want to make Shenmue 4"

I'm so incredibly happy that he hasn't decided to end the series with Shenmue 3. Even if Shenmue 3 does horribly (which I doubt) and we're left on another cliffhanger, that's still preferable to me than a rushed product just so I "know what happens". I don't play Shenmue merely because i'm curious about the story. I play Shenmue because its story is presented brilliantly and I want nothing to compromise that in further games.
by Thief
Tue Jun 23, 2015 4:03 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Not sure what to make of this, at least it shows ambition and direction. Still very early days on Shenmue 3 and he's already thinking of the next instalments.

Full story - http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/06/23/shenmue-creator-wants-to-make-shenmue-4

Thoughts?

He has to. Shenmue is written like a novel. Shoving everything into one game wouldn't feel right.
by killthesagabeforeitkillsu
Tue Jun 23, 2015 5:58 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What would you want changed for a Shenmue HD?

The ability to save anywhere in Shenmue I would be nice. And perhaps the option to skip time while waiting for certain events/meetings, like in Shenmue II.

I don't know, if you asked me a week ago I would have agreed with you. Since I've been replaying the original running back to your house to save is part of the nostalgia for me. It's part of what makes Shenmue, Shenmue :heart:

but it would probably make the game more appealing to new fans.

you are dead accurate with this one. im guessing they change it.
by csmakio
Sat Jun 20, 2015 9:24 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What would you want changed for a Shenmue HD?

Not too much, really.

I'd like Passport to be built into the main menu, or perhaps be able to access it from anywhere, and put most of the content offline (there's no reason the character biographies, for example, had to be online instead of off). Similarly, I'd like to see a Shenmue II Passport, or have Passport itself expanded to encompass II (Hong Kong weather reports, biographies of the new characters, leaderboards, so forth).

Add a few more SEGA games in there. Maybe put an OutRun cabinet in the harbor something.

Make Chapter 2 playable. Does that count? (Edit: Somehow overlooked that someone beat me to it!)
by ShinChuck
Tue Jun 23, 2015 1:12 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Fort Minor - "Welcome"

Missed opportunity to name your account FRASI3R.

Poetry in Motion is still a shit name for a football team.
by MiTT3NZ
Mon Jun 22, 2015 6:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Do you think Ryo will actually kill Lan Di?

Disc 4 of S2 gives me good hope that he won't kill Lan Di. I hope he won't. It pains me every time I play Shenmue up to Disc 4 for of S2, seeing Ryo gradually turning into the hate-fueled person he despises.

How is the hate-fueled Ryo any better than Lan Di himself?

On Disc 4, luckily, it seems he begins to realize this.
by Hyo Razuki
Tue Jun 23, 2015 6:07 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I'm actually quite comfortable with the prospect of a Shenmue 4.
Look at whats going on around us right now. We have TONS of fan support. The only way thats going to ever go away is if Shenmue 3 is a complete and utter bomb. And comon.. I dont think that will happen. We all have high expectations but we are all still in it till the end aren't we? I dont think Shenmue 3 is going to be so bad we denounce the series.

Look at Star Wars fans, they had to endure Episodes 1-3. Did that make them turn around and actively denounce the entire franchise? No it didnt. They were still fans and are now mostly more than happy with the upcoming Episode 7.

We would be no different. Even if Shenmue 3 is a bomb in the reviews, if we still want a Shenmue 4 then Yu Suzuki will give it to us. He's basically just told us not to worry, that he'll be making Shenmue 4 for us aswell.

Worst case: Shenmue 3 is horrible. He turns to Kickstarter again. He fixes whatever was wrong with S3. We fund it again at however little it takes.

Best case: Shenmue 3 is a complete success. Sony decides to this time completely fund and publish the game. We get an even better game.

Good case: Shenmue 3 turns out ok. Reviews are mixed or mild. Suzuki turns to Kickstarter again and we get an improved game based on where S3 needed work.

I love it the more I think about it. I think we all will in the end. I doubt the worst case will happen..and even if it did, we would still get the conclusion to the story regardless of how bad the gameplay or whatever might be.

Difference? Sega isnt falling apart ruining everything. They couldn't care less about what Suzuki does with Shenmue. They are making money off the rights usage regardless if the games are good or bad.
by Axm
Tue Jun 23, 2015 6:39 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

This topic just made me change my avatar back to a pretty similar one I used to use :), I was enjoying my new Sonic one though, but for nostalgia sake!
by James Brown
Mon Jun 22, 2015 10:46 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The Shenmue Dojo - 10th Anniversary Video & Members Gall

http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/06/23/c264f3e3eb6697633b44752abbba3f11.jpg

http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/06/23/4240014bc5698b33dd8ec89d21cf42bc.jpg

Never posted back in the day but why not.. I'll let you see buster too :)

P.s. yes its a phoenix tattoo and yes it was originally planned more shenmue/oriental but it didn't work so well and would've needed to have been a lot bigger to get the detail necessary so there you go.. It actually represents my grandmother.
by joka
Tue Jun 23, 2015 1:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Going to work. But I quit that hobby. It was taking up too much time and I was busy with other things anyway.
by ys
Tue Jun 23, 2015 3:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

As much as I hate DLC, and wouldn't want it in Shenmue, i've been recently thinking as long as it's done in a good way, it could help Shenmue bring in loads more extra money which would allow Yu to not only consider 4, but also take his time again with the plot and achieve his original vision of 5 or whatever amount of games. Even basic DLC like, what seems to be slightly already planned, with the backer only alternative Jacket style, or whatever, imagine if there was an alternative costume for each of the main characters, or just extras that wouldn't normally be in the game, but could become optional bonus's through means of DLC. It's annoying to say because it goes against everything I feel about DLC, but again if done in the right way, could bring in a great amount of extra revenue, and Yu wouldn't have to run down this Kickstarter route again. Someone keeps mentioning that other project, the star one I forgot it's name, that supposively brought in 10's of millions more money just because of things like DLC and stuff? As long as it's not blatant, and game breaking, like some of the shit in Assassin's Creed unity where they make it really hard to progress without spending a bit of cash in the ingame shop, where day one you could be a 1 hit killing machine. Shenmue could have a lot of novel bits of extra content. Like look at the Ryo Hazuki vehicle in Sonic Racing Transformed, that was released like, a year after the game came out...I bought one...i'm sure many other people did. As long as it doesn't negatively hurt the gameplay of the game, it could be a potential way of extra funding for S4 - if only in the game for that reason alone, to help S4 (Maybe it says in the menu, every purchase helps towards S4, like an ingame S4 kickstarter :))
by James Brown
Tue Jun 23, 2015 10:34 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: So... Arm Wrestling!

The toughest match I was ever able to pull off was Dory Gordie in the second match. He's the toughest guy and becomes pretty much impossible after that match. You'll be able to push the button fast enough but just not for long enough...

I did beat him in a 100 HK$ match once in the Xbox version on the 360 with a turbo controller. I don't consider that a real victory but at least I have managed to get all the arm wrestlers to give up. :lol:
by BlueMue
Tue Jun 23, 2015 1:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SHENMUE 3 ANNOUNCED FOR PS4 KICKSTARTER (INFORMATION INS

Im going to contribute and keep promoting the kickstarter, but tbh guys I dont think we have anything to worry about. I think whatever the fans dont contribute, sony, or some other able investor will pick up the rest of the slack and let Yu create the game that everyone and the hard core fans have been waiting for. I just dont see this game coming out half assed or half budgeted. A shit ton of people donated during the first few days and im expecting the last few days to be similar, I think the procrastinators will come out more once it gets closer to the dead line, im really not too worried about it, everything is going to be fine, they'll find a way.
by AnimeGamer183
Tue Jun 23, 2015 5:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: And I'm still finding new stuff on Shenmue 1! o_O

Hopefully no one objects to my bumping of this topic, but it's one of my favorite discussions and I've remembered it quite well over the years and I was finally able to find it. Not only is it a nostalgia kicker, these hidden conversations truly highlight what makes this game so special. While I believe Shenmue 2 improved upon Shenmue 1 in an abundance of ways, it did have to leave behind a certain magic that only Yokosuka and its colorful cast of characters were able to bring to Shenmue 1.

Feel free to post any other tidbits you might dig up (or new ones you might stumble across). It's easy to get impatient and just proceed with the story, since we all could play this game with our eyes closed, but there are some really rich conversations out there if you take the time to explore a bit.

And since I've been digging around old topics in the past week or so and am at a good point to try this in my current save, here's a link to Kiyuu's topic regarding the Mr Yukawa easter egg:

http://www.shenmuedojo.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=10755
by Lan Di-sama
Tue Jun 23, 2015 10:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Iwao's back!! Never mind the hobbies, Iwao's back!!! I missed you man!! :D :D :D I still remember writing you when you were in boot back when I was in college. Those were the days. I hope you're doing awesome!!

Thanks, bud. I've long been done with the military gig. Things have been well. Finally settled down and got married last month. :shock:
by IwaoHazuki
Tue Jun 23, 2015 6:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Fucking Wang...

I'm so thirsty.....

Yea? Spend your Ajijici wages you tight arsed flea!
by Peter
Wed Jun 24, 2015 7:10 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The Loading Screens - Kept or Removed?

I would like to have the world continue seamless. But they should still keep the spirit alive and show something.
Maybe like a message at the top of the screen that pop up when you enter a new area. Or maybe even the original layout right over the center of the screen, just without interrupting the game.
by BlueMue
Wed Jun 24, 2015 5:38 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What jobs will there be in Shenmue 3?

killthesagabeforeitkillsu wrote: Yeah, I also thought in fishing. SEGA bass fishing like.

If S3 was released on the Dreamcast and included fishing we could use the lovely SEGA fishing controller. I don't use it much these days, but I still have it... of course.

Myyy precioussssss... [-o<
by mindcrime
Tue Jun 23, 2015 10:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that get on your proverbial tits

People suddenly becoming a Kickstarter expert / somehow have become able to see the future in relation to Shenmue 3.
by Peter
Wed Jun 24, 2015 5:08 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I keep learning new things as well. I've accidentally had people call me when walking, but i usually run, and don't think anything of it. Maybe I'll walk everywhere on my next playthrough.

I've always thought Shenmue I had much more of a "real" atmosphere than Shenmue II. Both are my favorite games ever, but Shenmue I won in that regard. :)
by Supa
Wed Jun 24, 2015 11:45 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What jobs will there be in Shenmue 3?

Not really a job but it could be a mini game to replace darts.

by killthesagabeforeitkillsu
Wed Jun 24, 2015 8:03 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I replayed Shenmue II disc 4 last night

I have a save specifically for when I want to replay it because I consider it one of gamings biggest milestones and achievements.

Before, it always made me sad, but last night I did it for the first time with the knowledge we are getting Shenmue III, and it made me really, really happy. I was happy seeing all of these questions and stuff that I may actually get answers to. Shenhua talks about water buffalo, and life in Bailu, and the old lady who taught her how to sew, all this stuff that's hinted in 3 you think you'll never see ever. And we're fucking getting it. We're actually going to get it! \:D/ Every time I played this section of the game I had a sense of melancholy, but for the first time I could sit back and enjoy it in full without pressure that I will never get answers to my questions.

I highly suggest everyone else do the same. What an amazing experience! =D>
by Himuro
Wed Jun 24, 2015 3:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Just old people in general. And fat people walking side-by-side on a narrow pavement. In fact, no, again, just fat people in general. No, just people.
by MiTT3NZ
Wed Jun 24, 2015 5:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: I replayed Shenmue II disc 4 last night

The big mirrors revealing themselves still gave me chills.
by Himuro
Wed Jun 24, 2015 6:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I can agree with practically everything has said. Here' some of mine.

1. I fucking hate unnecessary selfies of any kind that do not bring anything different to the table. In the gym, in front of the mirror, at the beach, what fucking ever. They are unnecessary and your attention seeking eager self needs to calm down. I prefer selfies guided towards fun like what The Rock posts. The ones that include a garbage quote piss me off too. It's too damn predictable.

2. I hate social media. Even though I've managed to snag plenty of dates and girls from them, I don't care if Joey Bag of Donuts is feeling down and out while enjoying a Bud Lite. I hate how things 'catch' on within these platforms and suddenly some dumb ass thinks he's famous and shows up on Ellen.

3. Those vine "comedians" suddenly appearing all together in Hollywood. Just stop.

4. Unnecessary text messages by people that don't have hobbies. I hate these texts, I don't reply to them. I'm busy, I'm doing productive stuff go do something yourself.

5. Which leads me to going out in general and everyone is staring at their fucking phone. What is the point of going out and experiencing the world if you're staring at a screen mad that someone else is. I hate seeing this and it always happens with girls. It's so easy to see who is self conscious or lack self-esteem using this that you can take out for a quickie.

6. Those lame common sense questions people will say in public: "OH MY GOD TODAY IS FRIDAY RIGHT? IT'S FRIDAY?" Chill, you know its Friday and no one gives a fuck what your plans are.

7. People who ask too many stupid questions. Shut the fuck up.

I have more. I clearly just hate a good amount of things.
by NismoZZzz
Wed Jun 24, 2015 9:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The last time it snowed in the Hong Kong area was 1975 or so. It's extremely unlikely to see snow there.

The magic weather in Shenmue II does feel a bit more simple in comparison just for the absence of snow. But the rain also feels less impressive. It doesn't rain as strong as it did in Shenmue. I guess they had to make that sacrifice when all the other stuff was upgraded. At least the sky looks and transforms much better.
by BlueMue
Wed Jun 24, 2015 7:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The Shenmue Dojo - 10th Anniversary Video & Members Gall

Rome. Last pic I had up here was junior year 2005 [-(

https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/613838033914171392/VqEBx1ec.jpg
Haha funnily enough you do look a bit like an older version of Sam :P
Never thought of that, but Sam is the homie 8)

Romes the man! Always remember you and your buddies in your suits :lol:
Hahah I totally forgot I even posted a picture on here.
by rome
Thu Jun 25, 2015 1:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 5 m is not enough

For Christ's sake, could you please wait for the Kickstarter to finish, first? No offence here, but the panicking over here is starting to go over the top. Pour into the KS as much as you can, wait for it to finish. Await Ys Net's statement on it.

If, after July 18 you should still think we have made too little money, I reckon you will be warmly welcome to make your monthly contribution to Ys Net via Paypal.
by Hyo Razuki
Thu Jun 25, 2015 10:56 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 5 m is not enough

They didn't exactly say they needed $10M for an open world game. They said something along the lines of "a much larger open world". It could mean that only 10M would be open world or it could mean we're OK at less, but at 10M it would be much larger in size and scope (maybe 10M is more comparable to Shenmue 2 and less would be more comparable to Shenmue 1 - I don't think we really know yet).

Yu did also say that even if the Stretch Goals aren't reached, that Shenmue 3 will already be a sequel true to its name and a game the fans will be proud of, so let's try and have some faith I guess.

That's probably it. As far as I am aware, Shenmue 3 has one village but if Yu gets enough money then two more will be added. I guess, at $5 million or less this game is like Shenmue 1 with just Dobuita, while at $10 million it becomes like Shenmue 2 which had the port town, Kowloon and Guilin.

Huh? Pretty Baisha and Choobu are in the game no matter what but the stretch goals are for added extra to make the towns more detailed with more to do.
by Himuro
Thu Jun 25, 2015 12:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

We know what rapport system is (old YS interview)

I was thinking of an old YS interview and yeah, we know what rapport is.

He talks about it here:

JM: I play games to do things I can't do in real life. Do you think games have become too real? If you were to do Shenmue 3, for example, would you take the same approach and make it super realistic, or would you take a different approach?

YS: The concept for Shenmue 3 already exists, so... [Laughs] The world of Shenmue 1 and 2 expanded outward. So, for example, in the original games, of all the data used for dialogue in the game, the main characters' dialogue was about 20%. The remaining 80% was dialogue by characters other than the two main characters. But Shenmue 3 doesn't expand outward, but inward. A lot of the dialogue is used for the main character and especially dialogue with Shenhua. They talk about a lot of different, deeper things. For example, and I can't say too much, but here's an example.

This is not actually in the game, but as an example to give you an idea of what I mean by deeper dialogue, when Shenhua and Ryo are at home, Shenhua will ask Ryo if he would like to drink tea or coffee and the player will select one or the other. Or, Shenhua will ask Ryo a hypothetical question like: "There are four animals; a monkey, cat, dog and bird. You are crossing the river but you need to leave one behind. Which one will you leave behind?" And the player has to choose one. Shenhua will ask lots and lots of questions like these and the answers will get stored in the game and affect the outcome of the player's relationship with other characters. It's like a personality test. For example, the person who leaves behind the monkey is the type of person who leaves their wife.

TH: That's scary. [Laughs]

JM: So it's more organic, and very contextual. Personally, I would leave the bird behind. The bird can fly across the river.

YS: It's very deep. I think it will be very interesting if it happens.
http://www.1up.com/features/disappearance-suzuki-part-2
by Himuro
Thu Jun 25, 2015 10:05 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Why do you think Lan Di flew away?

It could have been that Zhu has information and or an ability that lan di needs in order to unlock Qin treasure, or free the Chiyou, or empower Tentei (or all of them), but after failing to capture zhu he goes to guilin because he knows of someone else who also has this information or ability (shenhua's father?).
by johnvivant
Thu Jun 25, 2015 2:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Relationships in Shenmue III

Either Ryo is gay or he isn't -- none of this PC everybody needs to be included crap.
by Thief
Thu Jun 25, 2015 2:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

People who put the toilet paper on the holder so you have to reach behind it too pull some off.
by Riku Rose
Thu Jun 25, 2015 1:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Relationships in Shenmue III

Definitely not. Ryo being consumed by revenge has been central to his, admittedly rather bland, personality since the beginning. I don't think Ryo is capable at finding love or getting close to a girl at this point and I personally think it, possibly, could cheapen the overall story. Just look at how Hollywood films always have to force a love sub-plot into movies, it's not something I would personally like to see in Shenmue.

I think how love and Ryo's relationships have been handled so far has actually been perfect, with him getting so close to girls (Nozomi), caring deeply for them, yet also being so distant. He doesn't want to get too close to anyone, because he knows that those close to him could be hurt by his own quest for revenge.
by Reprise
Thu Jun 25, 2015 2:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic