Search found 374 matches

Return

Re: SHENMUE II CHARACTER DATABASE - ALL 700 CHARACTERS!!

Finally. Congratulations, Miles! =D>
by Kiyuu
Thu Nov 29, 2012 12:11 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Miles completing his legendary work. :)
by ThyDarkAngel
Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I remember reading about this when I first joined the Dojo. Congrats, Miles!
by Crimson Ryan
Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

This should be on the front page.
by Bluecast
Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Well done maestro. It'll be in the same league as a Rembrandt or a Reynolds.
by Yokosuka Martian
Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Great work! Thank you Miles. :D
by AM2
Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:04 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Wow! what an effort thats gone into this!
Well done miles yer brilliant.
by mrslig100
Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:29 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

great work.

like Ryudo said, this needs to be on the front page of the dojo
by redline
Thu Nov 29, 2012 3:56 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I am really glad this is finally done. I've been waiting for this ever since i joined. :mrgreen: Congratulations on completing such a tremendous undertaking and thank you, sir, for doing it. =D>
by Himuro
Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:49 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

this is fantastic work BUT its a shame it still isn't as detailed as Shenmue 1's Biography's.. I would have given my soul if the people who created this wrote their own in line with what the chracaters did in the game
by Luvly KM
Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:33 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Over a decade of work, that's dedication. Well done mate. Well worth the wait.
by LawXiu
Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

=D> Nice, that's dedication right there! =D>
by DreamcastPast
Thu Nov 29, 2012 5:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I remember being psyched when you originally announced this project. Years later, I remember wondering and worrying about what might have happened to this project. I eventually dismissed it as never being completed and with Passport gone, that part of Shenmue (the detailed NPCs) was beginning to be a memory of the past. You have put closure on the security behind retaining all of that information and for that, I thank you. This milestone shows how serious the Shenmue community can get when it comes to the storyline and detailed information. You deserve a lot of credit and a front page news bulletin on every existing Shenmue fan site.

Yu Suzuki would be proud, send him a copy.

=D> :mrgreen: =D>
by shengoro86
Thu Nov 29, 2012 5:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I also remember this being one of the first things I read when I joined up. Excellent work Miles, a true credit to the Shenmue Dojo. And welcome back.
by Sailors?
Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The Shenmue Dojo - 10th Anniversary Video & Members Gall

Hey Miles! Long time no see. I never had the chance to tell you, but I always found your coming out to admit you were gay on the dojo as being a part of the inspiration that lead to me coming forward on being transgendered. If anything, I wish I had had your courage much sooner. :puppydogeyes: Stick around for a while before you head out again. :)
by Sonikku
Thu Nov 29, 2012 8:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The Shenmue Dojo - 10th Anniversary Video & Members Gall

Miles look good sir. And you got that jacket too I see.
Damn everyones getting it. I should probably too.. It seems nice.
by Axm
Thu Nov 29, 2012 5:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Cool. I never forgot about this since it was announced.
by ys
Sat Dec 01, 2012 1:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

There are not enough words to thank this to everyone involved. Man, you did a hell of a work here! Es una chingonería!! (It's fu... great!).
by Nankeiro
Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:48 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Wow, just wanted to log back in and say what an incredible job you did with this. Much appreciated! Thank you for your hard work and everyone else who was involved in this project!
by KiD
Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Much like KiD, I hardly every come to this site anymore. But I did see this, and I just want to chime in and say thanks to Miles and everyone else involved. This is really fantastic work, and its much appreciated by the community.
by sylentknyte
Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SII CHAR DATABASE-ALL 700 (AND 1) CHARACTERS! UPDATE 27/

Wow that's a great discovery! Really does seem like the devs made a mistake and put him in the wrong room, considering that one of them is empty and all.

I gotta check that out. Want to see that tranformation. Might be good enough for a short video even.
by BlueMue
Fri Mar 27, 2015 3:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SII CHAR DATABASE-ALL 700 (AND 1) CHARACTERS! UPDATE 27/

It got it captured! Now you can all see the magic happening. NPCs despawn in respawn in front of Ryo.

phpBB [video]
by BlueMue
Fri Mar 27, 2015 6:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The reunion topic.

*waves* Hey guys :P
So yeah, life isn't too bad...sharing a house with the love of my life, still play games when I actually get the time, writing in my spare time with the hope of being a published author one day...could do without all the responsibilities and bills and shit, but all part of getting older I guess *grumble*. I've actually just realised I'll be 30 by the time Shenmue III comes out...now that is depressing...won't stop me squeeing like a little girl when I finally sit down and play it though.

Miles! Dude! You are among the people I remember with name and avatar and everything! Great to see you again!
by DaMulder
Wed Jun 17, 2015 5:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

*waves* Hey guys :P
So yeah, life isn't too bad...sharing a house with the love of my life, still play games when I actually get the time, writing in my spare time with the hope of being a published author one day...could do without all the responsibilities and bills and shit, but all part of getting older I guess *grumble*. I've actually just realised I'll be 30 by the time Shenmue III comes out...now that is depressing...won't stop me squeeing like a little girl when I finally sit down and play it though.

Dude long fucking time. Glad to see ya again
by goaliefrk
Wed Jun 17, 2015 5:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Hi Everyone.

I didnt leave for too long. Went through some life changing events but then HOLY FUCK SHENMUE 3. I'm back and I'm here to stay.
by shengoro86
Thu Jun 18, 2015 12:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What's happened in your life in the past 14 years?

Great topic and really interesting what everyone has done during the big wait!

Seems to be a coming out connection! Lol. I wonder if the escapism of shenmue connected with people still trying to understand themselves and not feeling like they fit in?

I'm gay myself but I've never really thought about a connection until reading this topic.... It's known that certain mediums have connected with the 'disassociated or minorities'- X Men being a good example as it is known to have a higher proportion of fans from ethnic/sexual minorities- mutants represent them in a fantasy way I guess....

Anyway apart from accepting I was gay I got kicked out of college, went through crappy retail jobs, moved around the UK with my ex, learnt to drive, got a car, got a new partner, got a decent job with a bank, split with that partner last year and then shortly after had the worst time when my mum died suddenly...
I remember trying to explain shenmue to her when I was younger and she knew I was a massive fan so shenmue 3's announcement was bittersweet in that respect as I would've loved to tell her it was finally happening and try explaining kickstarter to her! :')

Great topic

*Edit oh and I'm 30! Profile active since 2003 but I think we all migrated then from a different system didn't we? I'm sure I was on the dojo before then..
by joka
Thu Jun 18, 2015 2:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Never have been this footage before!

stuff i noticed

dudes on top of the crane at harbour (seen before)
beta lan di with low poly pony tail.
a shot with a ton of npcs on screen at once in dobuita (could dreamcast handle that?)
miki appears twice in same shot 1:39 lol
chai on crane at night, not in main game, at least we don't see him there
Iwao character model is different, looks younger
Ryo collects Zhu Yuanda letters from the mail box himself rather than than being given it by ine san. 4.49
beta yamanose
ryo's jacket rides up further and has some kind of crease folding, fabric movement effect
different forklift models
arcade very different, flat table machines. and plants
phone booth much smaller, narrower
locking onto and speaking to a woman on a balcony!
ryo has different stance in free battle, looks weird, leans forward, maybe there was a pose for when he gets tired in battle.
old terry qte chase (seen before)
beating up mark (seen before)
chai doesn't eat ticket!
VIEW MODE -move camera around during cinematics - cut from final game
buoys, nets in water at harbour
snow gathering at the edge of water itself

they probably couldn't use this footage for promotion since so many little things had changed by final release.
by johnvivant
Thu Jun 18, 2015 2:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Never have been this footage before!

These we're awesome, like pure fan service. Why else would they put previously unreleased material on the page to get people to know the games. Man, as if the announcment of Shenmue III wasn't enough already.
by BlueMue
Fri Jun 19, 2015 12:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: How will Shenmue III start?

I'd say odds are it starts at the beginning of disc 4/arriving in guilin. Mainly because of the following-

a) presenting a remake of a scene from this part in the announcement of shenmue 3 would suggest Yu is atleast considering revisiting that chapter to form the beginning.

b) Yu has already stressed about his focus being on the relationship between characters and specifically Ryo and Shenhua so you have to really start from Ryo arriving in Guilin and meeting Shenhua as the foundation of that relationship

c) disc 4 didn't really feel like a full chapter or the ending of shenmue 2. As Miles has said it felt more like the beginning of S3 anyway (storywise).

I remember feeling the sadness of arriving in Guilin on follow up playthroughs on Dreamcast and Xbox because i knew it was going to end so abruptly with no sequel in sight.... Took a while!
by joka
Fri Jun 19, 2015 1:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: How will Shenmue III start?

Also keep in mind..Shenmue 1 ended on a boat, Shenmue 2 started on a boat.
Shenmue 3 starting on a boat would just make sense for the sake of continuity.
Shenmue 3 ending on a boat would also fit the trend at that point too.
by Axm
Fri Jun 19, 2015 1:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: "TANK" CONTROLS

Nah fuck that, mandatory tank controls for everyone. Casuals can fuck off.
by ElephantStone
Fri Jun 19, 2015 2:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Famitsu scans

JUST GOT THE MAGAZINE!!!!
Its beautiful!!
They only had one. Going to find more now.
Edit: Found 3 more untouched in plastic wrap!
WOOOOOOT
I have my first official SHENMUE 3 collectors item!

PM me if you're interested in one.
by Axm
Sat Jun 20, 2015 2:13 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What's happened in your life in the past 14 years?

I still remember in December 2001 when I was 15. I imported Shenmue II for DC when I found out all I needed was Gameshark to let my Dreamcast play it. My mother ordered it for my birthday that past October. I was ecstatic and remember how I felt when I saw that massive cliffhanger. Being young and naive, I felt in time I'd get Shenmue III. The older we get, the wiser we get as well. My friends would laugh at me, even to this day, how much I wanted Shenmue III. In its stead, I replaced it with Yazkuza which I do enjoy. In the mean time, I collected anything Shenmue form the strategy guides, to multiple PAL copies of the games and sealed games, to his watch and even that cheap toy from Sonic & Sega All Stars.

Since then, I've gone to four different colleges. Got kicked out of my first university twice, then once from the community college. I gave up on college and worked at GameStop for the longest time until after 5 years I quit because I needed to change my life around. Lost weight, gained confidence, traveled the world and country, made friends, became heavily involved with the gym, and started dating more often. Ended up working for AT&T and through their tuition program, I gave college another try. I realized I enjoyed it, learned so much, and eventually got a Certificate which led to an Associate in Arts. That led to entering another university which I finally complete this August for my Bachelor of Arts. I've left AT&T since, bought a house and apartment overseas, am debating on law school, have a horrible student loan debt lol, have a beautiful girlfriend I love very much that I will become engaged to in the next year hopefully who continuously busts my balls for my love in video games and Shenmue, and now finally Shenmue III is coming. I don't buy games on release anymore, I wait for deals and am in no rush to jump in the front of the line anymore. I've been enjoying my back catalog.

I was on my couch playing Yakuza 4, skipping the Sony conference since the others felt lackluster, when my phone blew up. I check my texts and my friends are saying Shenmue III announced. I laugh thinking it's a joke. I eventually got to my computer and BOOM. Without hesitation I went and donated. I ran around my house like a kid who just got Sega Dreamcast for his birthday. My family looked at me weird, my friends laugh, and my GF thought I was a child who needed to grow up. I'm now 28, I'll be 30 when this game releases. I cannot wait and am so excited.
by NismoZZzz
Fri Jun 19, 2015 4:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Reddit AMA Answers

Thought I'd compile all the reddit Q&A in an initial post so it's easy to read for those who don't want to go through 10 pages. I'll edit my initial post as it goes on.

How accurately will Shenmue III be compared to your original vision of the game or will there be major compromises?

YS: There are a total of 11 chapters that make up the whole story. Over the past 14 years I originally planned for there to 4 or five games to the series. If at all possible, I would still like to realize the full story of 11 chapters.

Will Shenmue III enable PayPal or a means to donate to the project when the Kickstarter ends? Projects like Star Citizen gained tens of millions in donations by allowing this.

YS: I am still thinking about it, but have not decided yet.

Shenmue is a Peach Blossom tree correct? Could you tell us what type of tree exactly?
I would like to plant one.

YS: It is more like a cherry blossom tree, that blooms its flowers in the springtime. It is actually a tree I made up for the story.

Hello Suzuku-san! Will a day-to-night cycle and weather system return to Shenmue 3? They added so much to the atmosphere of previous games. Thank you Suzuki-san!

YS: Of course!

Will you reassure us that Ryo's face will be changed back to the Ryo we all know and love when Shenmue 3 releases, and not this impostor wearing Ryo's jacket that you have on Kickstarter? That is NOT our Ryo!

YS: I am not happy with Ryo's face. It will be the face I have in my mind in the end.

Will the gameplay in Shenmue III be more contemporary or will it be more in line with past Shenmue iterations?

YS: As for III, I would like to make a less stressful user interface, that will feature more usability. From now on, I will make that a focus.

Yu are my hero!
Shenmue is credited with introducing the QTE. Given the significant advances in gaming systems and technology over the last decade, are you confident that you can show the gaming world something we have not seen before?

YS: Thank you very much.

Will we see any capsule toys based on Ape Escape or any of the Sony franchise in Shenmue 3?

YS: I have not decided the capsule toys, so please keep your ideas coming.

Have you ever consider telling the rest of the tale for Shenmue in a book if the opportunity to make Shenmue III never came up?

YS: Yes, I have but if I did do that, it would give away the end of the story, and I thought that would be a big minus.

What was your inspiration for the story behind the first two Shenmue games?

YS: When I was making Virtua Fighter, I went location hunting in China. I was very inspired by Chinese martial arts. That very well may have been the beginning.

Will practicing moves make a return in Shenmue 3 along with the FREE battle system? A lot of fans feel not being able to practice moves was big piece missing in Shenmue 2, and I also personally loved being able to practice and make the moves stronger. It really makes you feel as if you are learning marital arts and then performing them in a skill-based actual battle feels very satisfying.

YS: I want to do it yes!

Will players have access to both the Japanese and English voice overs for the game?
And I wanted to say thank you so much for Shenmue and Shenmue II, it brought a tear to my eye seeing those games at E3 during the Shenmue III announcement, I cannot wait. Those two games are what made me curious about Japan as a child, and I am now trying to work as a Japanese translator!

YS: I am thinking about that, yes. However it is not for sure.
It is because of fans like you, I wanted to make a sequel. Thank you very much.

Will the band-aid ever come off?

YS: I am considering a special option where it could be removed.

Will we see Ryo's Journal return? Would be cool to be able to flip the pages using the PS4's touchpad.

YS: I would like to bring back the Journal. That is an interesting idea, I will look into it. Thank you.

What do you think of the current state of Japanese game development?

YS: I see the share of mobile games increasing, the budgets of games decreasing. It will be harder to express a game's vision.
I would hope the console and PC markets gain more popularity.

Any possibility of a bicycle finally being added to Shenmue 3? Thank you so much again, Yu!

YS: There is a 60 horsepower bike in Shenmue 1. For Shenmue, 3 I was thinking about something with 1 horsepower.

Will character polls compromise your artistic vision?

YS: I really want to get everyone's opinion on the characters. I have something in mind that won't break the world immersion.

In Suzuki-san’s opinion, what is the essence of arcade games? Are those influences in Shenmue?

YS: With an arcade game, you are restricted to a 3 minute window to express what the game is. That is how I made games for the longest time. I wanted to create a game that could be played at a more leisurely pace, so I created what ended up being Shenmue.

Yu, are you really going to be signing your autograph on the illustration for the $300 kickstarter signed collectors edition? So far there is almost 2000 backers, that is a lot of illustrations to sign!

YS: Of course I will write them all myself!

Will Shenmue 3 have any sort of multiplayer component? Perhaps Co-op or a versus mode?

YS: I am thinking about something that would resemble that.

Do you have any more details to share about the stretch goals? It's not clear to me what a "Rapport System" or "Character Perspective System" entails.

YS: They are new systems, so naturally they need new names. The Rapport System will govern changes in Shenhua's actions depending on your conversations with or actions towards her. The "Character Perspective System" will highlight different characters personalities as they go through the story.

What will Ryo do to earn money in Shenmue 3?
As great and engrossing as the story and gameplay were in Shenmue 1 and 2, I (and many others) really really liked the forklift driving. It was like I could learn a new (video game) skill, get good at it, and putter around the docks like a badass.

YS: There will be part time jobs that will be indicative of those you would find in China. In the Stretch goals there will also be the old favorites.

Do you have any dogs or cats?

YS: 3 yorkshire terriers and a turtle.

Love your work! You are a pioneer in this industry! As for my question:
How much game elements/features will we be missing in the game if the campaign doesn't reach the $5 million mark?

YS: I will say this: if we reach the $5 mil mark, one of the things I really want to do with Shenmue 3 will become a reality.
At $10 million, it will truly have the features of an open world.

Who would win a fight between Ryo and Akira?

YS: Akira! Akira is up to 5 now, and Ryo is still on 3.

Can we expect more duck racing in Shenmue III? That was the best easter egg I've ever seen in a video game.

YS: I would love it.

How was it working with mega64?

YS: It was really fun. I would love to do it again.
I hope they pitch in for the replica Ryo jacktet!

Will there be forklift gameplay in Shenmue III?

YS: Look for it in the Stretch Goals!

Given Shenmue 2's ending and previous items found within the series; will swordplay enter gameplay at all? What about the story, can we expect Ryo to use a sword at some point?

YS: I can't answer that.

Do you have a favorite game that you've developed other than Shenmue?

YS: I had fun making all the games I worked on, and can't say one was better than another. Boring answer I know, but it really is true.

I only have one statement. I think I speak for everyone here when I say that Shenmue is one of the greatest game series of all time. And one quick question, what can we expect for surprises in the 3rd installment without spoiling the storyline at all?

YS: How could I do that? Sorry, gotta pass. Thank you very much though!

I've always wondered, why did you set the game in the 1980s rather than present day?

YS: I wanted put forward the differences in culture and values between the two periods.

(Suzuki-san, thank you for coming today! Shenmue is the reason I came to Japan. Those living towns and people you showed in your games were so natural and real, that I wanted to see it for myself. So, now I am in my fourth year of living in Japan.
What I'd like to ask is, if you had billions of yen, what would your dream Shenmue be?
Also, were there any features or gameplay you liked that didn't make it into Shenmue 1 or 2?)

YS: One where the player could live in that world. A second life.

I have two important questions for you:
Do you know where I can find some sailors?
Would you like to try a game of Lucky Hit?

YS: Yes, but not right now.
Uh, ok.

I love the music from Shenmue, if anything kept me thinking about Shenmue from time to time during these 10+ years it was the music. Was is your favorite piece from the soundtrack? Thank you for bringing Shenmue to our lives, I can't thank you enough.

YS: Of course I love both the Shenmue and Shenhua themes, and all of them really, but the one that really sticks with me is the Tomato Mart.

Will there be more funding tiers added to the Shenmue 3 Kickstarter, specifically between the $500 and $3000 tier?

YS: Yes.

Shenmue 3 is just the start. How successful does the game need to be for us to get Shenmue 4 and so on until the saga is complete?

YS: If the fans are not happy with 3 there will not be a 4. So I please hope we can together make this game the best it can be.

What Sega console is your favourite and why?

YS: The Dreamcast. It has really good balance. I was involved with the hardware as well, so it had a lot of meaning for me.

Suzuki-San...welcome to the fantasy zone! It's finally happening. Any plans on more arcade games within Shenmue III?

YS: I plan on making plans.

Why do you create?

YS: Why does one climb the mountain?
The shark cannot breath when it does not swim.

Any info on the stretch goals for Choubu and Bailu village?

YS: Choubu is a riverside village with lots of shops, souvenir stores, hotels and temples. The quests in this village should be very enjoyable, I think.
Bailu is the village where Shenhua was raised and also a place that Ryo's father, Iwao, had visited when he was younger. Here as well the quests will play an important role as Ryo and Shenhua start their journey.

Are all the towns listed in the Kickstarter stretch goals in the game already, or are the stretch goals only there as a means to help give them more features and spice?

YS: They are there, but with more powered up through the stretch goals.

Will Ryo ever go back to Japan?

YS: Not in 3.

Who is your favorite Shenmue character?

YS: It has always been Shenhua.

Are you still involved in any programming activities?

YS: I still write algorithms, logic verification, and make simple prototypes.

Do you play airsoft, paintball, or anything similar?

YS: I think it was Afterburner that I really got into airsoft. The office floor was covered with plastic BBs. Yeah, the Berretta 93R rocks. I put a real hunting scope on that one.

Are you at all a fan of Anime? If so, what are your favourites?

YS: Sure, but its all pretty old stuff.

Will the game take advantage of the virtual reality goggles on PS4 and PC?

YS: Right now, there are no plans for a vr system compatibility, but I love the idea of using it to peer into the world of Shenmue.

When creating Shenmue 3, will you use any assets at all from 1 & 2? Or do you have to start all over from scratch because SEGA still owns the first two games?

YS: The assets from 1 & 2 will get a lot of use.
by Riku Rose
Sat Jun 20, 2015 1:22 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

ShenmueDojo.com as it was 14 years ago

https://web.archive.org/web/20010517015240fw_/http://shenmue.gamersuplink.com/

What a long, strange trip it's been. Working on this site was my life back then. I fell away from it all, but it's amazing that a dedicated group of fans kept on rallying. And here we are--14 years later--with a new game finally on the horizon. It's beautiful. You guys are awesome.

Bonus links:

Ryo's Place forums https://web.archive.org/web/20010408003827/http://shenmue.gamersuplink.com/ikonboard/ikonboard.cgi

Staff page reminding me that I had a Netzero email address
https://web.archive.org/web/20010410031655fw_/http://shenmue.gamersuplink.com/staff.html
by ShenmueWeb2
Wed Jun 17, 2015 12:08 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: About the character design

If it's a placeholder, I'm not sure why they're using it when "other" Ryo images look like this...

http://i61.tinypic.com/291fczt.jpg

http://www.gamespark.jp/article/img/2015/06/17/57874/107658.html

Ryo looks a lot more Ryo-like in these, so the question is, if they exist why use the placeholder? Perhaps it's not a different model at all. We are mostly basing our judgements on one image - the main Kickstarter pic which is very harshly lit. Even in the trailer he looks different.

What I AM hoping is that they'll make Shenhua look less like a white Cosplayer and more like she did in Shenmue II...
by Mystere
Thu Jun 18, 2015 9:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Reddit AMA Answers

I think that he was referring to using the touchpad to flip the pages. Not the journal in itself being an interesting idea.

It's good to know that 10 million number. But I'm also slightly worried due to how the Kickstarter campaign is going. Articles like the one from Forbes at the least created extra confusion which was really not needed at this point.

Regarding horses, Besides Shenhua we also had this :
http://www.shenmuedojo.net/gallery/albums/userpics/10001/REN_03.JPG
by ys
Sat Jun 20, 2015 6:12 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SHENMUE 3 ANNOUNCED FOR PS4 KICKSTARTER (INFORMATION INS

Bought a wired 360 controller a few months ago to game with on my laptop and was wondering if I could use it for Shenmue III or if I'd have to use a Dual Shock 4 even for the PC version, when it hit me...

No more A, B, X, Y for QTEs.

We'll be seeing Square, Circle, Triangle and X in Shenmue.

What a mind trip. Never thought that would happen back in 2000.
by Amir
Fri Jun 19, 2015 7:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What would you want changed for a Shenmue HD?

What has been said here already and pretty much countless times. Save everywhere, skip time, selection wich language you want.

The QTEs could be changed to be more like they are in Shenmue II, where the button you need to press leads to an action that corresponds to what the button would perform in a fight. Also some new QTEs and Command QTEs where they fit, like when Ryo knocks out the two guys at Asia Travel Co.

I'd also like so see the inclusion of being able to select your question like in Shenmue II.

Basically bring Shenmue up to Shenmue II's feature set and make the game world a bit bigger with more of everything. Oh and Ryo should be able to eat the snacks he buys.
by BlueMue
Sat Jun 20, 2015 8:09 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic