Search found 1 match

Return

Re: What does the Dojo drive?

Honestly im probably gonna get one of those one day in Japan cause of space constraints too. Seems so easy to park do what you need to do, run back, hop on and move on with your life.
Granted it would suck being hit by car riding that so im not completely sold yet.

You've touched on the best and worst aspects of having 2 wheels there. I don't know what driving is like in Japan (I've only visited) but here it's dangerous. Not as bad as China, but worse than Europe, for sure. Parking anywhere is great though. You never have to worry about where to leave a scooter

How's it like living in South Korea?

That's quite a general question :mrgreen:

People are more familiar with Japan, so I can say South Korea is geographically and culturally the closest country to Japan. This place was a Japanese colony for about 40 years so they don't like the Japanese much (think Ireland and England) but because of that their culture rubbed off and now SK is like a hybrid between China and Japan. Their own culture isn't so distinct but they're significantly more conservative, which is a pain as a foreigner.

As far as living here... taxes are low, it's cheap for a developed country, it's quite polluted but has nice scenery for it's polulation density, everywhere is safe to walk around at night, law enforcement is lax (for better or worse), people can be anywhere from hostile to very friendly, summers are too hot and humid, winters are very cold but dry, the people will never accept a foreigner as one of their own no matter what lengths they go to integrate... like everywhere, it's a mixed bag. I live in a beatiful but small city on the south coast. Somebody living in Seoul or Busan would have a different experience. Like anywhere, I think having a job you like is the most important thing. Work a job you hate and you could be living in the best place on earth but not enjoy it. Enjoy your work and you could be happy more or less anywhere
by Snake Tortoise
Sat Aug 18, 2012 9:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic