Search found 64 matches

Return

Re: Less Forums

Personally I think the idea of multiple forums is rather antiquated to begin with. When you look at modern blogging type software, tags and categories make more sense. It's easier to search and organize however the user wishes to see it. But phpbb is still a bit in the past. I feel there's a lot of room for improvement with this software without making it lose the feel of a forum.

Imagine users being able to sort it how they like and pin their own categories and forums based on their search terms. Of course ultimately such a thing would rely on people properly tagging their topics. :P
by Yukupo
Thu Aug 16, 2012 5:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Deletion of the Junk forum

Are all the old junk forum topics going to be deleted? (I actually don't know how much of the really old ones still exist.) But there is a lot of history in there. You could archive the rest that you don't move in a locked sub forum of some kind instead of deleting them all. Just a thought.
by Yukupo
Wed Aug 22, 2012 1:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: You crazy sexy SOBS What is on your minds!

Having a good time at my internship. I make art assets and the time just fliiiiiiiiies by. Hopefully I can get a full time job out of this! :)
by Yukupo
Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Gaming thoughts of the day

Sadly it seems like in the West that artists are trained to be into themselves. Many of the 'greats' we've learned about in school were pretty egotistical. (As well as some instructors.) It's kind of a cultural thing, although I still don't like it. I've had to learn to be more assertive about my skills because people don't want to hire an artist that acts 'unsure' of themselves. But I try to stay as humble as I can.

Anyway as far as this goes, I quite dislike some of his comments, his attitude, and the looking down on gaming in general but I can't say I disagree with some of his thoughts on game design as far as my own personal preferences on gaming goes. :-k There's definitely room in the industry for a wide variety of games and that's something I love seeing.
by Yukupo
Tue Sep 04, 2012 2:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Random Thoughts! v2.0

So... about those things that aren't this topic that we're currently on.

Strawberries anyone? Aren't they tasty?
by Yukupo
Thu Sep 06, 2012 2:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Yep no point in trying to make the world a better place or care about things that give us a better future cause it's all pointless and we're all going to die anyway, yatta yatta yatta.

If you want to believe we're powerless, go ahead. But I'd rather try and change things. I, in fact, believe we have more power than we even realize. So what if there are things that happen outside of your control. It doesn't have to stay that way. We've already proven we have the power to change things repeatedly throughout human history.
by Yukupo
Fri Sep 07, 2012 7:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Really? What are you typing on? I don't think it grew on a tree.
by Yukupo
Fri Sep 07, 2012 7:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Tea

^Yeah! I just bought an iron tea pot. Perfect for brewing loose leaf tea.
by Yukupo
Fri Sep 07, 2012 8:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Wii U

I'm getting the 32GB Wii U and so far Wii U is really stepping up to the plate I'm pretty excited too. When I get a job I'll definitely pick one up.

The Wii U storage media is confirmed to be Blu-ray based and support up to 25 GB of data per disc, at 22.5 MB/s data transfer rate. Nintendo might reveal more Wii U specs tomorrow at the event in New York. Here's hoping that means it will play Blurays too. I mean, only PS3 does right now so they'd be silly not to. (Course, they were silly not to let Wii play DVDs.)
by Yukupo
Thu Sep 13, 2012 12:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Yeah I think it's kinda worthless they're even having an 8GB model. The basic model is silly but I guess they want a model to say they launched at 299. It does kind of suck for those who want it in white but realize the black one is a better deal. (Me) It's not that big of a deal but I would have rather just had two identical models with different colors.
by Yukupo
Fri Sep 14, 2012 5:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things That Made You Laugh Today

For Yukio :lol:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v168/animegamer183/foryuk.jpg :lol:

http://www.colbertnation.com/the-colbert-report-videos/417354/august-02-2012/thought-for-food---usda-meatless-mondays---plant-communication-research?xrs=share_copy
Keep watching till the end for the commercial he makes. :lol:

Fucking vegetarians. All infertile with low bone densities 'n shit. Man, they piss me off almost as much as hippies. Just a quick correction. There are plenty of non-animal sources for calcium and every nutrient your body needs. So no, no low bone densities unless your diet is terrible. Infertility? Not even sure what that's based on.
by Yukupo
Mon Sep 17, 2012 5:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

You are not authorised to read this forum.
by Guest

Jump to topic

Re: Gaming thoughts of the day

So with the new Xbox update we get IE but its only for gold members. I'm not surprised, but their constant misuse of xbl gold makes me want to get rid of my Xbox altogether. (Not going to, but I cannot stand this model of business.)

Microsoft is not my ISP and is despicable for charging us to use the internet.

I don't even care about the browser, just sayin'.
by Yukupo
Fri Oct 19, 2012 1:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things That Made You Laugh Today

I don't know, I just laughed.

by Yukupo
Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: If Shenmue III ended up on Kickstater, would you contrib

http://gamasutra.com/view/news/179789/Promising_Kickstarter_game_runs_out_of_money_programmers_steam.php#.UIIedoaIySo

That's what happens when you arbitrarily set a goal without managing your proposed budget first. That or they didn't think renting a skyscraper with an outdoor pool filled with blow and hookers would cost THAT much. Yeah. A Kickstarter project is an investment and investments always contain a certain level of risk. Just because they get the money doesn't mean they know how to properly budget or manage it.
by Yukupo
Thu Oct 25, 2012 3:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Man, I've been working on a 3d model for the past 3-4 weeks for an application to Arenanet and I just found out yesterday it was taken down. :mad: Someone emailed them about it and they said they only needed character artists and programmers. It would appear they posted the environmental artist internship position by accident.

But either way it's been good experience and it's a really solid portfolio piece. There's always that.
by Yukupo
Sun Oct 28, 2012 2:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I think I wanna go see a movie this friday, not sure what to see Flight, Cloud Atlas, or The Man with the Iron Fists.

DO NOT SEE CLOUD ATLAS!!!!
Could not disagree more. I just got back from seeing it. It was one of the best films I've ever seen in my life.

why is that kenny?

You'll waste three hours of your life on pretty much nothing. Granted there are a few parts that are cool (mostly with Neo-Seoul cause it had the most interesting story), its beautifully shot, and the concept its awesome but its poorly executed.

You have six stories that barely intertwine with each other and you can really care less about many of them, except for probably Neo-Seoul but that had a pretty lackluster finale to it.
I feel the exact opposite. I found those 3 hours to be precious and valuable. I found all the stories really well executed and I cared about every single one of them. Whenever it cut back and forth I was like "Man I want to see what happens next" but quickly proceed to being engaged in the next story. Fantastic, simply fantastic .
by Yukupo
Sat Nov 03, 2012 2:47 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What TV Series Are You Watching

I'm in love with Star Trek DS9 and TNG.
by Yukupo
Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:52 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Last Game/System/Peripheral You Bought

I splurged a little. Now that I have the means, I finally bought a Playstation 3 ! I got the slim model-- (not the super slim because I think it's incredibly ugly.)

I also picked up:

God of War saga collection
Yakuza 3
Yakuza 4
Annnd Back to the Future movie trilogy on Bluray.

Okay I'm gonna put my wallet away for now. *cough*
by Yukupo
Thu Nov 08, 2012 2:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Last Game/System/Peripheral You Bought

Wait what did I miss?
Yakuza Dead Souls.

Dead Souls isnt part of the main series.

Still a Yakuza game though, and it's still nut-bustingly awesome. :nice!: Yeah I saw it but I decided it was a side game so I'd pass for now. Whether it's cool or not wasn't the issue, but I had to close the wallet up at some point. :lol:
by Yukupo
Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:19 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: It's still early but what the hell. Christmas coming up!

I like Christmas to some degree. I don't care about presents. I just like the atmosphere, decorations, music, and cooking and eating a great meal. And of course being together with family and friends. Consumerism can go away.

And I don't really care that it's a Christian holiday because it's really more of a Pagan holiday anyway with Jesus tacked on anyway. (And in modern times, a Pagan holiday with Jesus tacked on's corpse paraded around by large corporations to sell massive amounts of products!)
by Yukupo
Sun Nov 11, 2012 2:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Yakuza series

I just started playing Yakuza 3 last night. Man I forgot how much I loved these games. I didn't have a PS3 for the longest time so I just had to sit after playing Yakuza 2 all those years ago. The game looks great too. It's cool to see Okinawa. (The fishing mini game could use some work though...)

HOPEFULLY I can convince yukio to play Y3 together simultaneously like me and him have done with so many other games in the past. 8) Better hurry up. :P
by Yukupo
Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Next Xbox to be named....

There's also the possibility of the Steam Box. Valve's working on something.

But anyway, I wish Microsoft would have ditched the branding of Xbox. But I always thought it sounded lame. (Of course they did ditch the Zune branding and named it Xbox Music which definitely sounds stupid.) But that's modern Microsoft.

I liked 360 at first after not caring for the original Xbox. But it became apparent as time went by that it was mostly a console for competitive multiplayer military shooters and most of the stuff I did like on it was multiplatform anyway. With that in mind and the amount Microsoft has screwed us over in the last year, I think it will be the last console of this generation I will show any interest in.
by Yukupo
Sat Nov 17, 2012 2:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

That's true, but I can't think of many exclusives I care about on Xbox aside from the Mistwalker games. Of course now they make games on Wii/U.
by Yukupo
Sat Nov 17, 2012 5:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

AnimeGamer183 wrote: ^ That and Fable.
It's on PC too actually. :P
by Yukupo
Sun Nov 18, 2012 1:13 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Skies of Arcadia HD news (GAF topic)

Deep sea research lab? That was Ultima weapon, you could draw the GF Eden from him! I do know what you're talking about now though, if you did something wrong with the steam valves, you got spammed with enemies. Omega was WAY harder than Ultima though. ;-)
You're right, after looking it up I don't remember if I even fought Omega Weapon. :shock: (It was a very long time ago though.) Maybe that's why I forgot there were two.
by Yukupo
Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: So what do you do?

I graduated with a bachelors in Digital Arts this year and now work at a small indy game company as an Art Director.
by Yukupo
Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Any other bronies on the dojo?

Saw a couple episodes before. It's not bad for a kids show. If I was a kid I would probably watch it. But as an adult I do find it a little grating after a while. But that's true with most kids shows for me even if I used to like them a lot. Doesn't mean I wouldn't still watch some but only in limited doses.

One thing I do really like is the art though. It has great style and animation.
by Yukupo
Fri Dec 07, 2012 3:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

My roommate bought one so it looks like I have an account too. Yukupo is the name. (Surprise surprise.)
by Yukupo
Tue Jan 01, 2013 12:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2003 Members

This also marks the 10th year on this same phpbb database after we left forumplanet! :shock:
by Yukupo
Sun Jan 20, 2013 7:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ni No Kuni

Well I gave in and bought it. I don't know when I'll start it but it's in my collection now. :)
by Yukupo
Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Happy Birthday Topic

Thanks guys! :D (... 27, This isn't funny anymore, make the aging stop! ...)

:lol: @ that comic. You know me so well.
by Yukupo
Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:42 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Happy Birthday Topic

Thanks Sonikku. I didn't realize I was the first one you told. I'm honored. (I very much remember the conversation though.)

And remember, even when I'm not around, I'm always watching.

(...Except when I'm not...)
by Yukupo
Tue Mar 19, 2013 1:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Yakuza series

I know I'm behind, but I finally beat Yakuza 3. :)

(So I started in November and it's now March, but I finished it! Isn't that what matters?)
by Yukupo
Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:47 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Random Thoughts

*Pops in*
September 15, 2003.

It's been 10 years since I've registered at the Dojo. :shock:
by Yukupo
Sun Sep 15, 2013 10:48 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Red Baron

Hey guys, it's been a while since I've come around. Been incredibly busy building a new game. (Well, a new entry in a series that goes back to 1990 !) It's been months of hard work getting this prototype done! Today we just launched our Kickstarter campaign for it.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/madottergames/red-baron

Please take a look and spread the word! (I'm in the video too. :oops: )

I also designed this website for it: http://www.redbarongame.com
by Yukupo
Tue Oct 22, 2013 1:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Mue, I appreciate your support for Anita and the cause.
by Yukupo
Fri Nov 07, 2014 2:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SHENMUE 3 ANNOUNCED FOR PS4 KICKSTARTER (INFORMATION INS

Second day after the announcement. Still so excited. :shock:
by Yukupo
Tue Jun 16, 2015 11:45 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Now its time for me to load up Shenmue because that's obviously how I have to spend my evening now. ;-)
by Yukupo
Tue Jun 16, 2015 10:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Yukupo and James Brown appear! It's like Yu Suzuki lit the Dojo torches!

http://i.imgur.com/CqMjmQ9.jpg

Regardless of how this game pans out, I am grateful if for no other reason than to see old friends and chums all together one last time. :heart: *sonnikku huggles!* :heart:
Hey its great to see you too Sonikku! :D
by Yukupo
Tue Jun 16, 2015 10:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The reunion topic.

MiTT3NZ wrote: You still working on Red Baron?

Still in the works but since we didn't get kickstarter the primary focus has been on our other game, Villagers & Heroes.
by Yukupo
Wed Jun 17, 2015 1:44 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I haven't been gone too long, I guess, since I pop in and out from time to time. But I graduated college majoring in digital arts and have spent the last 3 years as art director at an indie game studio, (Mad Otter Games.) I have a wonderful girlfriend and am kept pretty busy with life and work so I don't play games as much anymore either. (Though I am playing Shenmue at this very moment.)
by Yukupo
Wed Jun 17, 2015 1:33 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Bastard Yusuke wrote: How in the FUCK haven't we had a reunion sooner?!

I found this in my archive of images. :-k Can't remember what it was all about but I thought I'd share. :lol:

by Yukupo
Thu Jun 18, 2015 1:32 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: ShenmueDojo.com as it was 14 years ago

Supa wrote: Snickers...the official candy of Shenmue Harbour.

Thanks for reminding me. :shock:
by Yukupo
Thu Jun 18, 2015 1:09 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic