Search found 1 match

Return

Re: Shenmue Postmortem Discussion

I’m a member for more than 3 year now and never wrote a single post. Maybe today’s a good reason.

I’m no angry or disappointed. I’m just tired of the whole tiny Shenmue III reference here and there (Sega brand manager mentions the interest in a HD remake, Ryo in Allstar Racing, the recent “Ryo H” in a PS4 trailer, etc).
The presentation itself was fairly entertaining. We’ve got a few potential hints about the story and the whole part about the development made me smile :D .

Yu Suzuki is certainly still interested in the game, I think that you can see it in his eyes when he’s talking about it. He’s certainly tired of the whole Shenmue III question, mainly because he can only provide this very unsatisfying answer. No one should be mad at Yu, Sega is very well aware about the demand of SIII, and they basically kept their mouths shut for a decade (no Shenmue City doesn’t count).

At the end I can say that I’m relatively satisfied with today’s event, I certainly didn’t expect a Shenmue III announcement. I just hope that we don’t have to wait for 13 to get to the next part of this post-mortem ...
by Cyberratchet
Wed Mar 19, 2014 6:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic